PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@kushsingh

Tags

IIM-C launches 3rd batch of PGPEX-VLM ,one year full time executive MBA in operations

*Admission Process*Admissions to the PGPEX-VLM Batch 2009-10 are being conducted by IIT Madras. Kindly visit the following link for complete details:Post graduate program for executives for visionary Leardership in Manufacturing *Eligibility**...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 3   

Hi Friends,

I am an IT Engineer with 7 yrs of experience. I recently gave my GMAT and have scored a 680 (Quant:49, Verbal:33, IR - 2  ). I was planning to apply for IIM C PGPX programme. I have worked as a Software Test Engineer and am currently working as a Team Lead. I am not very satisfied with my score and would need inputs as to if the above score could be considered decent above with my current profile or should I plan to retake the GMAT (I gave my 1st attempt on 26th July, so I can only give my 2nd attempt between 27th-29th August from the perspective of IIM C PGPX).

Regards,
Ravi Shankar

HI Frnds
I am aiming for 2012 batch of Ex MBA. I have a query regarding work exp. After completing my B.Tech I had joined as Graduate Trainee Engr. from Aug 2006 to Nov.2007 (1yrs and 3 months) and then i got Permanent As Asst Mgr in Nov. 2007 and working there still now. Do they will consider my work Exp as Graduate Trainee Engineer.

Yes. They will.

HI Frnds
I am aiming for 2012 batch of Ex MBA. I have a query regarding work exp. After completing my B.Tech I had joined as Graduate Trainee Engr. from Aug 2006 to Nov.2007 (1yrs and 3 months) and then i got Permanent As Asst Mgr in Nov. 2007 and working there still now. Do they will consider my work Exp as Graduate Trainee Engineer.

Hey All,

Need some advice on PGPEX-VLM and placement options that could be open for me. As far as my profile goes ...I did my engg from a pvt institute and then worked for a cpl of years in the Technology/Consulting side of a consulting firm of repute. Did my MBA from IIT Delhi and since then have been working as a senior business analyst in a top pharma analytics firm for the past 2 years. So all in all over 3 years experience for me at the moment.

Any advice is welcome

Thanks much !

I shall be sharing my experiences which may or may not be useful to anybody...Start with Einstein way..........
Expectation V/s realization rational mode transcends into 360 degree outlook mode,that is what IIM teaches you.With this comm. skills,confidence,best teaching exp.(sometimes @ life too) are by products .It resembles w.r.t one will say polishing Diamond but I will say refining crude oil(Engg way) and every bad element coming out is worthy......Leave others to explore final outcome...and process will be on......
Any way IIM justifies Alma mater crown in many senses,faculty guest lectures,library, curriculum,placements,zeal......
Before sharing IIM experience lets start with Entrance.
Guys its all @ profile.One has to strike thru in application itself.Justify his seat..still you wont get a chance for this wonderful experience as one has to be unique.
Not in writing style but as a overall personality and work exp,but the decision authority lies with IIM or IITs.
Prepare basic maths,verbal(Not CAT level) Gmat level but prepare probability and permutation combination ...Not required to crack test..I repeat not for cracking entrance test ..but to avoid cracks beneath you when u reach to IIMC.
In Interview you have to be clear with Vision and goal,Mfg sector how will you lead this sector and your work exp. with illustrative examples.
I got thru all this...One say My dream..but this is the time when you can see dream as you can sleep 7 hrs with relaxation...But once you achieved your this dream no time to dream(Physically)
Looking at back I tell you friend its gives me immense satisfaction about journey..and it will lead me to write my other experiences...

:splat::::cheerio:

Hi!
Please click on the following link to read the item:

Light at end of slump tunnel: Biz boss

Hrsikesa Pankaj
Mob:09204058561

Dear Pankaj,

I am ROshan Batheri PGPEX VLM batch 3. Request to include me in the VLFM Alumni Workshop at IIT Chennai.

thanks in advance

Regards,
Roshan

Brief overview of Manufacturing sector and Word @ VLMP programme as an initiative taken by Indian Government.(Page 2)
Manufacturing

Shoji Shiba: The practitioner of breakthrough management - economic times

Hi guys,

Intereseting article on Shoji Shiba: The practitioner of breakthrough management with his accomplishments and Role in Indian Industry as part of CIIs Visionary Leaders for Manufacturing (VLFM) programme where hes guiding senior managers from the industry to sense the future and manoeuvre troubled times.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Corporate-Dossier/Change-is-the-only-constant-thing/articleshow/4258195.cms

Regards,
Roshan
  • 1 Like  

Dear Vivek,
How is the day/week @ VLMp programme? Is it very stretched?
Can you throw some light?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

16 people follow this discussion.