About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Anonymous

Tags

IIFT Call through GMAT

Hi Puys, This thread is dedicated to all who are planning or applying to IIFT through GMAT. Foriegn students/NRI's/son of NRI's who have got admitted last year can please help with the process I had called IIFT there are just 5 sea...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 2   

Hey guys, I have a rather odd problem.

I was born in the US, and hence I have American citizenship. I have however lived in India all my life, done my schooling and currently doing my graduation from here as well and have a local domicile certificate. However, I just read in the IIFT eligibility criteria that for foreign nationals, they require GMAT scores...i.e the written test is not required.

I wasn't really planning on giving the GMAT (but maybe I have to now!). My question is, do the IIM's (and other B-Schools) have similar requirements. Will I due to my citizenship, have to apply via GMAT everywhere?

Anyone here who knows someone with a similar problem...or who has given the CAT before and is thorough with the eligibility criteria, do reply. I'm in really confused and would appreciate any advice!

Commenting on this post has been disabled.

Last year it was 710+ and last to last year the last accepted score was 680. If the trend continues this year accepted score may be even higher

Cheers

Nikhil

• 1 Like  
IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

hey can u pls tell me whats the minimum score u need for a decent chance or range.. i have a 690. thnx

Hey,

I am a NRI, who got thru IIFT last year. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Note - It is not a back door entry, I am a NRI and had to prove it with copies of my passport and actual NRI status.

Cheers

did any1 get thru... through gmat in iift

the highest is 770
post ur scores for iift

THERE are arround 200 people applying this year through gmat , had talk with iift guys

Hi Puys,

any1 has got the prospectu

has any1 recieved prospectus

Right said... Many Indian schools do accept GMAT for NRI applicants.. But this section is specifically meant for foreign B-schools and Indian B-schools accepting "only" GMAT..

Moving the thread to "Other Exams" Section...
~Nikhil

Thanks Nikhil, abhi kisko pata which thread were.. IIFT is an indian school naa...
Simz Says
Hey dude.. i think this thread sud have been in the indian b school section even though the applying is thru GMAT.. i think this is the wrong place to be posting this..

Right said... Many Indian schools do accept GMAT for NRI applicants.. But this section is specifically meant for foreign B-schools and Indian B-schools accepting "only" GMAT..

Moving the thread to "Other Exams" Section...
~Nikhil
Aspirant008 Says
how may applied for IIFT?

Hey dude.. i think this thread sud have been in the indian b school section even though the applying is thru GMAT.. i think this is the wrong place to be posting this..

how may applied for IIFT?

Muskaan

While applying IIFT there two quotas general and NRI. You can only go for one .

Can a student apply through both :
1 ) sit for IIFT exam
2) Apply through GMAT score also

Is it allowed to sit for both the exams...and enter IIFT whichever way you get in?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

9 people follow this discussion.