IIFT 2012-14 batch GDPI shortlist out !!

Hi all, Shortlist for IIFT GDPI is out- http://cc.iift.ac.in/docs/iift/2012_14_R_14122011.pdf Use this thread for result analysis and to discuss further process. Congratulations to all the call getters :) PS: link to IIF...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 100   

Big News!! Just called IIFT. Results will be out by 4 pm today. This is not a hoax.

• 10 Likes  

anybody has definite news as to when is the final list coming out ?

Its all Crap !!
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
Hi puys!
I have a query ...kindly reply to it...
Actually ,I am working in a telecom sector for the past 3 years and want to do MBA from next academic session...
The thing is ,I can't leave delhi at all due to some personal reasons and hence targeting good colleges in Delhi/NCR..like FMS,IIFT,MDI,IITD etc.
For job stability and better work life balance(as I have other commitments too) ,I want job in PSU once I pass out from college....
So can I get good PSU placement from college like IIFT through which I can get PSU job offer in Dehi/NCR??
My query seems to be looking vague to many puys...but please reply as it is very important for me...
Thanks

PSUs visit IIFT but a couple of other things that you should keep in mind:
1. many PSUs have requirements related to your academic background like BE/BTech in mechanical or chemical or civil etc. Some of them don't allow CompSci and IT engineers to apply.
2. many PSUs have to recruit for their SC/ST/OBC/PH quota and so they put constraints over there also.
so even if you see PSU names in the placement reports of b-schools, you can never know the eligibility criteria they are going to put up any given year.
  • 1 Like  
In my opinion, u should be concentrating on ur written exam and gdpi prep as of now rather than worrying about placements or for that matter location...

No offence intended... just an honest advice :thumbsup:

Yes buddy....you are right....
but actually I was thinking for long term that's why asked that question...I know it may look silly but I don't have much knowledge regarding post MBA scenarios that's why asked that....
Thanks for ur reply....
Can it be possible later on that we may get our location transferred to our desired location???

Most PSUs will not post you in Delhi/ NCR. There are reasons behind it...

1. Delhi/ NCR PSU offices were set up long back and are full fledged offices. Apart from PSU banks no other sector is currently opening new offices in Delhi/ NCR. No new offices = No new jobs in Delhi/ NCR

2. Everyone working outside Delhi/ NCR in PSUs wants to move here and hence there is a long list of applicants already waiting in queue for a Delhi posting.
Thanks for ur reply....
Can it be possible later on that we may get our location transferred to our desired location???

In my opinion, u should be concentrating on ur written exam and gdpi prep as of now rather than worrying about placements or for that matter location...

No offence intended... just an honest advice :thumbsup:
Student, PGDIM-19 NITIE-Mumbai

Thanks for ur reply....

Hi puys!
Actually ,I am working in a telecom sector for the past 3 years and want to do MBA from next academic session...
The thing is ,I can't leave delhi at all due to some personal reasons and hence targeting good colleges in Delhi/NCR..like FMS,IIFT,MDI,IITD etc.
For job stability and better work life balance(as I have other commitments too) ,I want job in PSU once I pass out from college....
So can I get good PSU placement from college like IIFT through which I can get PSU job offer in Dehi/NCR??
My query seems to be looking vague to many puys...but please reply as it is very important for me...
Thanks

See, all the colleges u mentioned have PSUs recruiting from them. But the location of posting is something only god can guess ryt nw.

Hi puys!
Thanks

AS POSTED BY SENIOR IN FB GROUP

Few pointers-

1) Last year the list was out on 17th March, and that too unexpectedly i.e. no one who called admissions office was told that the list was gonna be out soon.
2) If it follows last year trend, it is still a week to go, so there is no reason to be so anxious about the list as of now.
3) The admissions department chairman is our international financial management faculty and he is not taking any class next week and the reason he told was that he will be busy in the next batch results.
4) Even if what the admissions department is telling all of you on call is true (which I seriously doubt), it won't make much of a difference as majority of you will be busy in attending other calls.

so please stop being so anxious and let the results be a pleasant surprise for you

• 6 Likes  
Are results coming out on 1st week of april ?

Cud some senior confirm this

Last year they were out by 18th march

Plzz seniors give some tentative time period

Went to the campus today, they said there is a convocation on 27th Mar, so everybody is busy with that for the time being.
Results will be coming probably around 1st week of April, acc to them.
  • 2 Likes  

Are results coming out on 1st week of april ?

Cud some senior confirm this

Last year they were out by 18th march

Plzz seniors give some tentative time period

Currently travelling in a beautiful journey called Life

Is is true that the result would be coming in April???

Aayush Talwar |PGDM 2012-2014(Marketing) | Corporate Communications & Media Relations Committee
what number of seats is reserved for SC/ST/OBC in both the campuses?????
seniors please throw some light about reserved seats in your batch... : :

Reservation is as per govt norms....albeit we dont know how many in each batch are reserved people....
arre ye kya dimag ka dahi kar rhe hain....
mahine bhar se wait kar rha hu result ka...aur ab ek aur mahina????

hehe..have patience...iift admin takes time to come up with results..no deserving candidate will be left out

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

442 people follow this discussion.