IIFT 2012-14 batch GDPI shortlist out !!

Hi all, Shortlist for IIFT GDPI is out- http://cc.iift.ac.in/docs/iift/2012_14_R_14122011.pdf Use this thread for result analysis and to discuss further process. Congratulations to all the call getters :) PS: link to IIF...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 100   
Lalit ji,

Isnot this a joke that IIFT has not

a.Not published scorecard even after about 1 week of results. Too bad for a institute in top 15 list.
b.Not sent any information/mail to selected candidates except that 988 list.

Wonder what the admission cell is doing at IIFT? Heights of mis-management and delays...

listen buddy,
i am not denying that it is strange that they chose not to display the scores immediately with the results. however,i can assure u dat wen one of the best coll refrains from doing so,there must be some reason for it. this even u wud agree, even if we don't see any sense in it. has to be some logic,my friend.
as for not sending any intimation to other candidates,that is a part of their policy. even for waitlists no announcement is made,only the waitlisted candidates are informed. there's nothing u can do about it. IIFT has this,some other coll may have some other things. all i wud say is,have some patience and not fret over things that r beyond ur control.
prince31jain Says
Ok guys, I just meant that institute doesn't release the keys for the candidates who appeared for the exams. Please don't go into the detail of each and every word to interpret things so much.

It is not about what the keys are meant for . If the key can be released why not do it a few days after the exam itself and curb all the unnecessary anxiety . And this is not only for IIFT , it goes for all other exams be it XAT or SNAP . What is there to hide ?
Admissions open at Goa Institute of Managemnet

Studying at GIM will change you; transforming you into a competent leader. A learning experience based on Ethics, Diversity, Innovation, Research and Social Sensitivity, specifically designed to launch you into a rewarding and successful career.

Apply Now.

Learn more about us.

Start Downloading
and224 Says
So you are saying that the keys are given by coaching institutes and not by IIFT :O

Ok guys, I just meant that institute doesn't release the keys for the candidates who appeared for the exams. Please don't go into the detail of each and every word to interpret things so much.
For all the information about IIFT, visit IIFT's official Page - https://www.facebook.com/IIFT.MBA1

ny idea when will the scores be out??

prince31jain Says
Come on bro, this is not provided by IIFT. Some coaching institute might have released it. And I never write anything on this forum about which I am not sure of.

So you are saying that the keys are given by coaching institutes and not by IIFT
Hi

That is there on the official site of IIFT. I had seen it b4 and checked now also

Then you must have also noticed that even the question paper of 2011-13 batch is not uploaded. So the main purpose is not to provide the candidates who appeared for the exam the answer keys, but to help the prospective candidates.
For all the information about IIFT, visit IIFT's official Page - https://www.facebook.com/IIFT.MBA1
prince31jain Says
Come on bro, this is not provided by IIFT. Some coaching institute might have released it. And I never write anything on this forum about which I am not sure of.

Prince don't mind me saying this but that link clearly comes from the computer centre of iift just trace back the link...it's clearly not published by some coaching centre so would you say that iift used a coaching centre key and uploaded it??

and if you still don't believe me just go to iift's website and there on the rti link you will see the link previous papers!!!
  • 1 Like  
prince31jain Says

Hi

That is there on the official site of IIFT. I had seen it b4 and checked now also
  • 1 Like  
Talking of history , I think you will be surprised at the link below :

http://cc.iift.ac.in/docs/iift/RIT/QP200911.pdf

Please get your facts right before quoting anything here .

Obviously out of 56k people who appeared for the exam, 55k will have heartbreaks. Everyone can't be pleased..right?? Coming to your demand of publishing the keys, have you in the history of entrance exams seen any institute release the official keys? Please be reasonable with what you are writing here. IIFT admission department has not refused to publish the scorecards, they have just asked for some time. They wouldn't do that if they didn't had a genuine reason. Who would want this kind of criticism? Think about it !!

And for the gentlemen who can't wait to file an RTI, I can't stop you as this is your constitutional right. But I would advice you to let them release the scorecard first. And iff you find any discrepancy at that time, you always have the option of filing the RTI...right? Even they know that RTI can be filed, so rest assured they won't do any injustice to anyone.

Rest is upto you...we seniors will not reply now regarding this RTI thing.

Wow... Did 56K people actually appear for the exam?

It really makes that GDPI call a tad bit more precious to me .... All this while I thought there were just 33k examinees....
Obviously out of 56k people who appeared for the exam, 55k will have heartbreaks. Everyone can't be pleased..right?? Coming to your demand of publishing the keys, have you in the history of entrance exams seen any institute release the official keys? Please be reasonable with what you are writing here. IIFT admission department has not refused to publish the scorecards, they have just asked for some time. They wouldn't do that if they didn't had a genuine reason. Who would want this kind of criticism? Think about it !!

And for the gentlemen who can't wait to file an RTI, I can't stop you as this is your constitutional right. But I would advice you to let them release the scorecard first. And iff you find any discrepancy at that time, you always have the option of filing the RTI...right? Even they know that RTI can be filed, so rest assured they won't do any injustice to anyone.

Talking of history , I think you will be surprised at the link below :

http://cc.iift.ac.in/docs/iift/RIT/QP200911.pdf

Please get your facts right before quoting anything here .
  • 1 Like  
rohitpal Says
well, then it should be published right away, IIFT has broken many hearts and more importantly spirit of aspirants. the least it could do is publish the key.:sneaky:

• 2 Likes  
I just can't understand what good is scorecard going to do . Will it pacify the already trodden soul if they give you a 35 odd score while you were expecting a 40 odd one . The only solution is to release the official solution key , all this brouhaha will stop the moment they release it .

As someone has pointed out they are short of staff , I think publishing the answer key should not take more than 15 min (Assuming they have one as they have already released the shortlist ).

well, then it should be published right away, IIFT has broken many hearts and more importantly spirit of aspirants. the least it could do is publish the key.:sneaky:

I just can't understand what good is scorecard going to do . Will it pacify the already trodden soul if they give you a 35 odd score while you were expecting a 40 odd one . The only solution is to release the official solution key , all this brouhaha will stop the moment they release it .

As someone has pointed out they are short of staff , I think publishing the answer key should not take more than 15 min (Assuming they have one as they have already released the shortlist ).

• 2 Likes  

Scores Scores Scores... puys, I know this is testing your patience. But surely you have a lot of better things to so than to complain about injustice from an institute that has not even declared its official scores...

Even if you file an RTI, what good will you achieve immediately? An RTI will come with a 30 day ultimatum. I read in a previous post that IIFT may release the scores in 2 weeks...

Yes surely we all deserve to know the scores and cut offs, but is IIFT not going to declare that? I read in a previous post that puys calling IIFT were even told what the cut offs were, so I really cant see the point behind all this agitation.... Pagalguy is becoming a mini-lokpal....

No I wont ask anyone to go and study for XAT etc.. you are all sensible enough and know what you are doing.. But guys, what good has complaining ever achieved?

Its a reputed institution. Do you think IIFT can get away with an unfair process so easily? I am sure all your grievances will be addressed in due course... Just have a little more patience friends...

Why not agree that there is a possiblity of IIFT being shortstaffed... Perhaps the data entry is taking time.. Why is every question creating such a controversy? Why not give your "erstwhile" dream college to justify it's results?

Back in 2010 IIFT folks were candid enough to part with very sensitive placement data in a reply to my e-mails.. Data that wasnt even part of their placement report... I dont think you should question the credibility of an institute that discloses info to a stranger's e-mail... It just shows that IIFT had nothing to hide.....

• 5 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

442 people follow this discussion.