About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Atticusfinch

Tags

ICICI Business Leadership Programme - Min 3 Yrs Work Ex Required

Puys, ICICI is starting a new program for inducting people at Manager level roles. Its similar to the PO Program conducted by the Bank,however it is a different level altogether. Interested People ,go ahead and apply. Welcome to Our ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 1242   

CASE-6

In a psychology department of a college, the principal of the college announces in a function that Mrs Nair would be the next head of the department. Now this comes as a shock to Mrs Nair, because she was not taken into confidence and she just liked teaching. The retiring head Mrs Johnson was a capable head and although Mrs Nair did help her in her duties, yet she did not want to be tied to that position. The reason why Mrs Nair was made head was because there was a policy of the department that the senior most teachers are made the next head, which obviously Mrs Nair satisfied. Now Mrs Nair leaves the function and goes back to her house thinking about the whole thing. The question is what should Mrs Nair do?

• 4 Comments
  • See should accept this offer as an opportunity to rise in.... 06 Jan '14.
  • What I think is Mrs Nair should accept the role. To succe.... 06 Jan '14.
samir_sinha87
samir sinha @samir_sinha87 36
See should accept this offer as an opportunity to rise in her career..She should accept the offer and not run away from additional responsiblities given to her..She should work harder and reinstate the belief that management has shown in her.And she should plan for the transition of duties
sai_tn
sai aspirant @sai_tn 4
What I think is Mrs Nair should accept the role. To succeed quicker than others one must accept higher roles even if we are not eligible as per the rules. Since she is eligible as per the rules also - she should take up that role. However, she should analyse the responsiblities of the post and plan for the transition of the knowledge from Mrs Johnson. Puys.. correct me if I am wrong

Case study:--

GREMCO, a Year 2000 HORECA startup [HORECA-Hotel, Restaurant & Catering]. Initially was in Coffee Plantation, in year 2005 forayed into horticulture to eliminate middle men thereby bring quality products at low cost. Cultivatres vegetables etc on 190 acre of its own land, out of which 84 acre is greenhouse cultivation for exptic herbs, fruits etc. Has won several award over the time.

FY11 Revenue - 177 crore, Net Profit - 19 crore, Gross Profit - 62 crore,

FY12 Revenue - 224 crore, Net Profit - 24 crore, Gross Profit - 94 crore,

[Approx figures].

Growth in Industry is huge ~ 22500 crore.

Due to increase in demand, they contact 120 local farmer & give them agriculture know how for quality produce & put up 3 collection centres to sort this local farmer produce and supply quality goods.

They approach bank for fund for this Aggregate Method for expansion. We are to suggest the best solution, identify the challenges & risk & ways to mitigate them.

Puys any idea what should be the dress code?? should it be with a coat or just formal shirt pant??

• 5 Comments
  • @ESHCHET :: Dont know about it...I have asked a friend wh.... 05 Jan '14.
  • I was about to ask this question actually...:). 05 Jan '14.
kdrummer
Kedar Navale @kdrummer 3
@ESHCHET :: Dont know about it...I have asked a friend who gave GD last year he told me just formal shirt pant would do the cause...
ESHCHET
CHETAN SHARMA @ESHCHET
I was about to ask this question actually...:)

Any idea how many people got GD/Pi invite and what is the actual batch strength for batch 7?

Anybodies status changed from applied to scheduled in Candidate Home page....

• 5 Comments
  • naa. 06 Jan '14.
  • nopes... 05 Jan '14.

@sai_tn

CASE 2

You are the relationship manager of Mr. Ravi Shankar, who currently resides in Bangalore. The client's age is 42 years and he would like to retire 20 years hence i.e. at the age of 60 years The client would like to invest an amount of Rs 10, 00,000 each year for three years. Has a high risk appetite however wants to play safe Other personal details: Marital Status: Married with two kids aged 16 and 14 resp. Financial Liabilities: Car EMI: Rs.12, 000/- p.m., House EMI: Rs.60, 000/- p.m. Can you suggest any investment options for him?

Investment option for client would be: 1.Bank safe deposit: one of the Safest option as he will get interest of about 8.5% 2.Gold deposite: 3. Investment on Real estate: this is money making option but have little % of risk. 4 Insurance policy: car, house insurance.And health insurance for family. These are some of the option Ravi can suggest to client.As most of them are risk free or very low % of risk.

• 6 Comments
  • please comment on this , let me know if it has to be impr.... 05 Jan '14.
  • Summary As a relationship manger of Mr Ravi Shankar ,I .... 05 Jan '14.
Ashdon4u
Ashwnath kaku @Ashdon4u 3
please comment on this , let me know if it has to be improved , not only in this topice but my approach to case study's
Ashdon4u
Ashwnath kaku @Ashdon4u 3

Summary

As a relationship manger of Mr Ravi Shankar ,I have to suggest him an investment option

Analysis

· Investment -10L for next 3 Years

· He is planning returns for his retirements (after two years )

Point to be noted

i)Married and has two kids (hs is dependent )

ii)he has to pay a EMI of 8.5 L PM

iii)he can take risk but want to be safe

Investment Plan

i)55% of his investment to be done in Government Bonds as there are risk free compared to other

ii) 15% of his investment into insurance plan as he is dependent and has to cover his life , we will have very less returns from this plan

iii)10% of it in mutual funds where ther is some risk and medium returns

iV)20 % investment into shares where it is high risk and returns are also more

every year I will investment 10L in the same plan above with investment in different companies .

CASE 2

You are the relationship manager of Mr. Ravi Shankar, who currently resides in Bangalore. The client's age is 42 years and he would like to retire 20 years hence i.e. at the age of 60 years The client would like to invest an amount of Rs 10, 00,000 each year for three years. Has a high risk appetite however wants to play safe Other personal details: Marital Status: Married with two kids aged 16 and 14 resp. Financial Liabilities: Car EMI: Rs.12, 000/- p.m., House EMI: Rs.60, 000/- p.m. Can you suggest any investment options for him?

• any idea guys.. i am blank w.r.t to investment ideas :di.... 05 Jan '14.
sai_tn
sai aspirant @sai_tn 4
any idea guys.. i am blank w.r.t to investment ideas

CASE-9

Mr. Ashok is the Technical Manager of a firm. He has given an order for a forging press to a contractor. The Contractor calls up Mr. Ashok and tells him that Forging Press is ready and can bring the cheque and collect the Forging Press. Mr. Ashok's boss, the Senior Manager directs Mr. Ashok to cancel the order immediately. What is Mr. Ashok to do?

• 4 Comments
  • Mr. Ashok should ask the reason for order cancellation an.... 05 Jan '14.
  • anyhow Mr.Ashok has no other options left other than to c.... 05 Jan '14.
AV30
Anuj Verma @AV30 3
Mr. Ashok should ask the reason for order cancellation and then should check the urgency of the forging press. If it is urgent then as a technical manager, he can try to explain the urgent requirement of the forging press and convince him not to cancel the order. That way he can save his firm's reputation to get hampered.
sai_tn
sai aspirant @sai_tn 4
anyhow Mr.Ashok has no other options left other than to cancel order because he was told by his boss.. now he has to collect reasons to convince the contractor for the cancellation.. first Mr.Ashok has to check with the boss for the reason for cancellation.. if it is like financial crisis or something it can be plainly explained to contractor... Any other views guys

Pls give the details of the course content andpapers in nu mba curriculum

• check icici careers page.. 06 Jan '14.

@Ray13

Dear All,

Fill this form quickly.....

7th Batch Form IBLP2014

Google Docs

Note: Only applicable for 7th batch and those r cleared apt. test only

and mention the g-mail only in the form.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

2187 people follow this discussion.