About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@EugeneCyril

Tags

IBS HYDERABAD(2011-2013) batch

Hi Guys. I got selected for MBA at IBS HYDERABAD and I am definitely joining it!! :: Eligibility for Admission The program and campuses where you are declared to be eligible for admission based on your overall score are given below...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 16 of 21   

I have asked the seniors there they say it has been reduced to 650 for MBA

Commenting on this post has been disabled.

the intake this year for ibs hyd is 850 excluding mib,mifa,mfc

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
Well yeah but the highest placements at ICFAI hyd are far better.
@Bimtech highest so far has been 7 at ICFAI the highest has been around 14.
If u look at this:- BIMTECH having 180 seats and an avg package of 5-6
ICFAI hyd having placed around 800 people and having the same avg package,does it not make icfai hyd better??
Means BIMTECH had fewer ppl to place..faaaaaaar less ppl..Still avg packages are similar.
Plus one more thing I wud Like to say
When I went for the selection process at Bimtech and ICFAI hyd,Comparing...
The quality of applicants and the quality of handling the whole process and the communication skills of the people conducting the process (they way the whole selection process exercise was done,the way the staff was handling the people,the way the teachers talked,everything was far better @ICFAI Hyd.
At that tiem I was sure that If selected,I will definitely join BIMTECH.
But then I analysed all this and asked quite a few friends who had done their MBA from premier business schools like IIFT and NM,My elder cousins who had been working for >6 years after their MBAs...,The fact that BIMTECH is a very old instt compared to icfai,still the growth is not that good..ICFAI has carved a niche for itself in lesser time..
And I think as far as placements go,If smone got thru bimtech that is within top 180 ppl,means if that person works hard,can be in the top 180 at ICFAI too???
The name matters too..And trust me 99% people do not know about BIMTECH.I came to know about it this year itself..
I dunno maybe I will go for ICFAI Hyd only...cuz it has a good image and people perceive it to be a good college too
One more thing which I thought about was that BIMTECH has loads of amazing colleges to compete with when it comes to good placements...In the NCR area we have amazign colleges like MDI and IIFT and LBS and FORE etc etc...
BIMTECH has to compete with them
However the only good college in HYD region apart frm ISB is ICFAI hyd..So well..

plus this year the batch size has been reduced to 650 ..
Nt that 650 is not a huge number.But atleast it is a smaller number compared to 950
The more the people,the more you get to learn ..because you can earn a lot..in the years to come..
However,the learning which happens inside the B School is different.
At icfai u have all sorts of people.
Plus I have a junior from college studying there.
The BIMTECH ppl have not even given a fair description of their placement process.
In contrast the Icfai people have sent a booklet which describes very comprehensively, for each campus,how many people were placed,how many people were still not placed,how many got thru in campus how many thru off campus avg packg avg pack for top 10% avg pckg fpr ppl below that etc etc etc .
Ppl in NCR region know BIMTECH.It is not well known all over INDIA.
ICFAI hyd is well known all over..
I think I have chosen ICFAI Hyd..Because 650 is a huge number but then Competition is not a bad thign it is a good thing...It helps later in life...the 4.5 and 6.5 example u gave ws good,however,the next year these ppl can switch and then it will all depend upon their caliber and work.
Anyway I think the lecture has been really long..

Good analysis!! and good choice buddy!!
  • 1 Like  
rishabhjuneja Says
u mujst go to bimtech noida.....as it is far better thn ibs hyd

What???? u think BIMtech noida is better???? Oh goodness...god help all those who will take this seriously
  • 1 Like  
pggd Says
hey how y come u know abt the confirmation of seats?

They sent a letter.

hey how y come u know abt the confirmation of seats?

got throu ibs hyderabad,kiams and ssbm...can anybody guide which one should be considered b/w ssbm and ibs hyd.
thanks

Depends
Which course of ICFAI hyd
ICFAI hyd is definitely better than KIAMS and SSBM
SSBM is very limited yaar banking management.
ICFAI MBA will give u an option to consider ur caliber and aspirations and u can have a general MBA degree
Go for ICFAI hyd I say!!Far better in terms of exposure quality infrastructure reputation everything
  • 1 Like  
I have got selected for MIB and MFC courses in ICFAI, hyderabad.
Can somebody please tell me whether i should go for these courses?
also i am badly interested in MFC for its course structure, but since its a new course, i am not sure about placements! can somebody please help me!should i trust the university for its placement?

Well ICFAI is known for its finance,So I guess MFC should be good.
Depends upon ur aspirations too.
rishabhjuneja Says

Well yeah but the highest placements at ICFAI hyd are far better.
@Bimtech highest so far has been 7 at ICFAI the highest has been more.
If u look at this:- BIMTECH having 180 seats and an avg package of 5-6
ICFAI hyd having placed around 800 people and having the same avg package,does it not make icfai hyd better??
Means BIMTECH had fewer ppl to place..faaaaaaar less ppl..Still avg packages are similar.
Plus one more thing I wud Like to say
When I went for the selection process at Bimtech and ICFAI hyd,Comparing...
The quality of applicants and the quality of handling the whole process and the communication skills of the people conducting the process (they way the whole selection process exercise was done,the way the staff was handling the people,the way the teachers talked,everything was far better @ICFAI Hyd.
At that tiem I was sure that If selected,I will definitely join BIMTECH.
But then I analysed all this and asked quite a few friends who had done their MBA from premier business schools like IIFT and NM,My elder cousins who had been working for >6 years after their MBAs...,The fact that BIMTECH is a very old instt compared to icfai,still the growth is not that good..ICFAI has carved a niche for itself in lesser time..
And I think as far as placements go,If smone got thru bimtech that is within top 180 ppl,means if that person works hard,can be in the top 180 at ICFAI too???
The name matters too..And trust me 99% people do not know about BIMTECH.I came to know about it this year itself..
I dunno maybe I will go for ICFAI Hyd only...cuz it has a good image and people perceive it to be a good college too
One more thing which I thought about was that BIMTECH has loads of amazing colleges to compete with when it comes to good placements...In the NCR area we have amazign colleges like MDI and IIFT and LBS and FORE etc etc...
BIMTECH has to compete with them
However the only good college in HYD region apart frm ISB is ICFAI hyd..So well..

plus this year the batch size has been reduced to 650 ..
Nt that 650 is not a huge number.But atleast it is a smaller number compared to 950
The more the people,the more you get to learn ..because you can earn a lot..in the years to come..
However,the learning which happens inside the B School is different.
At icfai u have all sorts of people.
Plus I have a junior from college studying there.
The BIMTECH ppl have not even given a fair description of their placement process.
In contrast the Icfai people have sent a booklet which describes very comprehensively, for each campus,how many people were placed,how many people were still not placed,how many got thru in campus how many thru off campus avg packg avg pack for top 10% avg pckg fpr ppl below that etc etc etc .
Ppl in NCR region know BIMTECH.It is not well known all over INDIA.
ICFAI hyd is well known all over..
I think I have chosen ICFAI Hyd..Because 650 is a huge number but then Competition is not a bad thign it is a good thing...It helps later in life...smone had given an example how a finance guy @ BIMTECH got6.5 and the one at ICFAI got 4.5..However,how does one know that wht ws the caliber of both these ppl???However,the next year these ppl can switch and then it will all depend upon their caliber and work.
Anyway I think the lecture has been really long..
  • 2 Likes  
rishabhjuneja Says

Why is it far better?apart frm (Strength and fee) issues
tamtrade Says
yup u r ryt...d batch strength is d only concern...bt if u r capable of maintainin urself in d top 25% students there...den go for icfai widout thinkin nything else...gud luck

there is one good news tho.
The batch strength for this year has been reduced to 650
Last yr it was 950
  • 1 Like  

congratulations buddy.....:)

I have got selected for MIB and MFC courses in ICFAI, hyderabad.
Can somebody please tell me whether i should go for these courses?
also i am badly interested in MFC for its course structure, but since its a new course, i am not sure about placements! can somebody please help me!should i trust the university for its placement?

got throu ibs hyderabad,kiams and ssbm...can anybody guide which one should be considered b/w ssbm and ibs hyd.
thanks

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

107 people follow this discussion.