About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Rohit Awasthi @estranged_gnrs

Tags

Hall of Shame : GMAT Coaching Institutes which have spammed/unethically advertised

Over the past years, we have seen various coaching institutes advertise themselves in unethical, hideous ways on forums and it is definitely a pain for us and for the other genuine users. As per my experience, I have not seen such low standar...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 3 of 3   
sivavarma Says
I guess gmatpupil is Csqrl's id. If not I would suggest you to go there for coaching but dont believe in scholarship and all that stuff.

The thing is this brother...you are obviously cheesed off with Csqrl. Now assuming you are not a Csqrl id and I am, why would I (as a Csqrl person) risk asking you how the coaching at Csqrl is like and run a high risk of getting Csqrl flayed on a public forum like this.

Bottomline: Sometimes, applying some simple logic goes a long way before levelling mindless allegations.

I guess gmatpupil is Csqrl's id. If not I would suggest you to go there for coaching but dont believe in scholarship and all that stuff.

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

I am surprised by your mail. Not that I have any personal experience with this institute, but in this age where news spreads fast (negative, even more so), wonder how anyone can afford to do that.

But, apart from how they treated your 'after' you had ceased to be their student, how is the coaching like?

• 1 Like  

I also have very bad experience with CSQRL(C square learnings , Bangalore). They charge very high and tells we will give schlorship once you cross this much score in GMAT,but after finishing your GMAT if you reach them ,they will not even respond properly and says we will not give anything and what ever you want to do you do.Really unethical people.

• 2 Likes  

It is the quality of freely available inputs and the culture on PG that makes us share such information so openly. The legacy is being passed from the past and would be carried further with responsibility.

Kudos! to the holy minds behind the forum.

Hey Guys!

Just got a PM from some "
"rochester.alum"

Ankit Agarwal

I have suggested this guy to not spam unnecessarily. I do not thing he had MODs' permission to do what he was doing.

Please do the needful.

Thanks Aric. We have suspended the user and warned him over the phone too. Sad to see this kind of activity by clone of one of very old users on the forum.

Rohit
I am not an MBA, hence; I have to use my brains.

Hey Guys!

Just got a PM from some "
"rochester.alum"

Ankit Agarwal

I have suggested this guy to not spam unnecessarily. I do not thing he had MODs' permission to do what he was doing.

Please do the needful.

I fully agree with u ...

But such exercise will not attract a lawsuit by a company whose name , for instance, wrongly posted here, for wrong means.

regards
GWG

I would reckon CSQRL (CSquare learning center run by Kalyan) falls in this category. We have witnessed quite a number of dubiously created ids who do a good job in springing up once in a while (after the initial criticism that all the ids were created the previous day/night ) and writing something good about them.

A simple search will tell you that most posts are only about how good it is and pure praises. I haven't found a single honest opinion anywhere csqrl site:pagalguy.com/ - Google Search

Let me add here that our own Mituag who was an ex-student and actually had not-to-so-bad review and thought Kalyan teaching himself was actually pretty good! So its not about quality itself its about the blatant AND covert ways to advertise through the forum using fake ids, clones and what not

Arun

• 2 Likes  
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company:  http://crackverbal.com 

Much anticipated thread ! Much appreciated !

Many PGs have been misinformed by fake posts by several coaching institutes.

Hope this thread puts an end to such unethical practices.

Over the past years, we have seen various coaching institutes advertise themselves in unethical, hideous ways on forums and it is definitely a pain for us and for the other genuine users.

As per my experience, I have not seen such low standards anywhere. People try every trick in the book to advertise themselves by posting fake testimonials, misinformation and there are few things which we know which are quite funny stories to tell when these people have been caught.

This thread will list down all the coaching institutes/coaches/trainers who have tried to advertise on PaGaLGuY forums in an unethical manner. This message also goes for other aspiring surrogate advertisers, we will put your name here and it will not be removed from here in any case. The genuine users at PaGaLGuY have seen the worst of GMAT coaching in India. We will be having very low tolerance for any kind of surrogate advertising in GMAT section.

So here is the current list of hall of shame. We sincerely advise you to do lot of research and double checks before believing their claims.

1> GMAT wings/GMAT coach ( Pune ) - Made different ids and posted as different users. Tried to get students in guise of helping others.
2> Jam bo ree - Created tens of ids and threads to advertise for themselves in suspicious ways. We got so sick in the end that we had to "********" their name on the forums.

I will add more as and when we found suspicious elements. All the other aspiring advertisers of suspicious ways, please make sure that your name does not come in the list here, cos we are going to have a very low threshold for suspicious activities on the forums.

Rohit
  • 2 Likes  

Over the past years, we have seen various coaching institutes advertise themselves in unethical, hideous ways on forums and it is definitely a pain for us and for the other genuine users.

As per my experience, I have not seen such low standards anywhere. People try every trick in the book to advertise themselves by posting fake testimonials, misinformation and there are few things which we know which are quite funny stories to tell when these people have been caught.

This thread will list down all the coaching institutes/coaches/trainers who have tried to advertise on PaGaLGuY forums in an unethical manner. This message also goes for other aspiring surrogate advertisers, we will put your name here and it will not be removed from here in any case. The genuine users at PaGaLGuY have seen the worst of GMAT coaching in India. We will be having very low tolerance for any kind of surrogate advertising in GMAT section.

So here is the current list of hall of shame. We sincerely advise you to do lot of research and double checks before believing their claims.

1> GMAT wings/GMAT coach ( Pune ) - Made different ids and posted as different users. Tried to get students in guise of helping others.
2> Jam bo ree - Created tens of ids and threads to advertise for themselves in suspicious ways. We got so sick in the end that we had to "********" their name on the forums.
3> MBAgenesis - (Added on 9th September). Reported for sending Private messages to people and caiming to help to get scholarships by improper channels.

I will add more as and when we found suspicious elements. All the other aspiring advertisers of suspicious ways, please make sure that your name does not come in the list here, cos we are going to have a very low threshold for suspicious activities on the forums.

Rohit

• 69 Likes  
I am not an MBA, hence; I have to use my brains.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

36 people follow this discussion.