SHOW

Hall of Shame : GMAT Coaching Institutes which have spammed/unethically advertised

Over the past years, we have seen various coaching institutes advertise themselves in unethical, hideous ways on forums and it is definitely a pain for us and for the other genuine users. As per my experience, I have not seen such low standar...
italionstallion Says
hi i am new to this site . I just wanted to know about good coaching institutes in gurgaon

Welcome to PG :)
Please browse the listed link, it would help you get acquainted with PG.
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/our-announcements-suggestions-and-feedback/2893-new-pg-confused-lost-check.html

There are designated threads for queries, please post your queries there to ensure a faster revert.
  • 1 Like  
There are a lot of posts on PG.com and other GMAT websites where 2minute gmat is advertising very subtely.
For example, http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/51949-how-i-scored-top-1-a.html
Notice how only a single point refers to the use of 2minute gmat.
There are a large number of posts all over the web like this. I will keep posting those links as and when i come across them.
I am sure about this being an advertising gimmick since I regularly read posts by GMAT takers, and go thru their list of books/resources used.
  • 2 Likes  
International Management Institute, New Delhi

IMI-Delhi, ranked 9th by Business Today Survey 2014 and accredited with prestigious AMBA, SAQs and NBA, among various other accreditations; is inviting applications for PGDM, PGDHRM and PGDM-B&I for 2015-17 Batch.

Apply Now

Know more about Admissions 2015.

Download Now!
hi i am new to this site . I just wanted to know about good coaching institutes in gurgaon
Friends,

any feedback about expertsglobal will be much appreciated.

cheers,
seejith
Hi Gurus,

Can you please help me with some good GMAT Coaching institute in Gurgaon and if not in Gurgain then some where around Gurgaon.

Thanks a ton for the help.

Hi,

My 2-cents: IMO GMAT is all abt hard work and getting into rhythm, any coaching can only help u out with tht "rhythm" stuff....& if u really feel u need tht, please be wary of following pointers:

- Teaching faculty: Do some research on the kind of faculty teaching at the coaching institute. Usually quality faculty is a scarce commodity at most of the coaching institutes. It's difficult to get high potential person to teach, so always do some background check before enrolling.
- Facilities: Check out the reference material / study material and computer lab (if required)
- Curriculum: Always check course structure and curriculum to be followed at the coaching. Most of the times coaching institutes don't have any such structure in place and in most of the cases once student is enrolled he/she is on his/her own.
- Cost: Always evaluate the money you are shelling out in light of the above key pointers.
- Teacher-Student ratio: Also try to evaluate teacher - student ratio and time one student gets to spend with teachers/faculties per week.

I don't wanna take any names over here, as IMO it's a very user specific preference, depending on ones strengths & weaknesses.

I hope this will help.

Cheers!
  • 3 Likes  
Hi Gurus,

Can you please help me with some good GMAT Coaching institute in Gurgaon and if not in Gurgain then some where around Gurgaon.

Thanks a ton for the help.
Hi Mayur,
I have taken GMAT twice with scores of 620 and 610 (latest). Based on your reply above can you pls more light on :-
1. How can improve my verbal scores (31 and 27 respectively in l;ast 2 attempts)?
2. What resources you referred or practiced ?

My 2 cents
- Go back to basics - refer to MGMAT verbal guides & CR bible; spend more time analysing
- GMAT verbal review/MGMAT Verbal guides are more than enough

I hope this will help.

Cheers
Hey All,

Can anyone suggest me good coaching institutes for GMAT in Mumbai
Regards
SP
Hey guys...Just wanted to know abt ExpertsGlobal which deals with Gmat.
If any one has experienced it...kindly share it...thnx

Hi

I had the same query about ExpertsGlobal. Ashish did anyone ever get back to you regarding this or do you have any knowledge abt these guys? Did you take guidence from them ?

Thanks
GT
Hi Ashish!

while I cant answer point 1 on point 2 my personal opinion is you do not need classes for GMAT if you have some good books and are ready to sincerely study, analyse your weaknesses and improve on them. For the record i gave my gmat on 26.04.10 and scored decently - 730 without classes.

Hi Mayur,
I have taken GMAT twice with scores of 620 and 610 (latest). Based on your reply above can you pls more light on :-
1. How can improve my verbal scores (31 and 27 respectively in l;ast 2 attempts)?
2. What resources you referred or practiced ?
Guy, this is really a good effort to evaluate coaching centers.

I am looking for information about Application Preparation consulting after GMAT. Somebody told me The Chopra's in Delhi are good???
Any evalations??

Hi...had taken gmat coaching from the chopra's in nehru place, delhi...
the institute is genuinely good and i was fortunate enuf 2b taught by a faculty who had just returned from kaplan,US.. the staff was supportive and the people there were qualified as wel.
the best part is the support u get from kaplan,USA and their material, both online and in print.
havent tried their application process tho, cant specifically comment on that..
overall impression was positive.
All the best in the endeavor to make it to the best colleges..
  • 1 Like  
Hi
1)Just wanted u people to throw some light on Sandeep Gupta's Gmat Classes in Bangalore(Ivy @gmat)
2)Is it really required to join some coaching for gmat ?

Hi Ashish!

while I cant answer point 1 on point 2 my personal opinion is you do not need classes for GMAT if you have some good books and are ready to sincerely study, analyse your weaknesses and improve on them. For the record i gave my gmat on 26.04.10 and scored decently - 730 without classes.
hi ashish,

Its good that you are evualting coaching centers for gmat in bangalore, can you let me know list of bangalore gmat coaching centers.

i am looking for one which can help me to improve verbal as i am not so good in verbal.

thanx
Hi
1)Just wanted u people to throw some light on Sandeep Gupta's Gmat Classes in Bangalore(Ivy @gmat)
2)Is it really required to join some coaching for gmat ?
Hey guys...Just wanted to know abt ExpertsGlobal which deals with Gmat.
If any one has experienced it...kindly share it...thnx

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

36 people follow this discussion.