Great Lakes Institute of Management Class of 2013

Hello All, I am Indraneel Mukherjee, MBA from Great Lakes Institute of Management. This thread is meant for all prospective applicants to Great Lakes for the academic session beginning in 2012. If you have queries regarding the admissio...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 324   

Any Hyderabad converts please do mail me @ arun0710@gmail.com.

Also you can contact me @ 9989291211 or 7416538500 ( Arun Koundinya )

Planning for a get-to-gether.

Please go respond me in advance.

Working in TCS now. I haven't got approval for LWP. Since they told they need atleast 2months time. So i have resigned. As i have left with no option.

Hi Vaibhav

I am from TCS and opting for LWP .. I would suggest you to talk to your lead and apply leave in advance ...as the complete process takes atleast 10-15 days ... lead approval , HR approval , HR head approval ...etc..
Your lead should approve the leave then only you can avail it ... is case he doesnt approve (i hope this wont happen with any of the puys here ) you need a buffer time so that you can resign and join great lakes on time .
It is my personal opinion - it wont be a good option to wait till 1st of April and then start the complete process...
agar koi setting hai ...to araam se apply karo no issues
Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More
Hey Varsha/Ganesh,

Can you please let us know the number of students who have been waitlisted? Also, how many have withdrawn till now as many puys had mentioned they withdrew the offer. When will the movement begin. Atleast, we'll have an idea where we stand!!?

You have been really prompt in all your replies except for these :|
Will really appreciate if you answer any one of these :(

The numbers are a part of the admission process and adcom cannot reveal it. The movement has already begun such that only waitlist students receive a confirmation mail and no list is released. Looks like those who were waitlisted and received admit mail are not on Pagalguy.
Yes frnds.. i think all TCSer taking study leave and hopefully after this year Band release..Friends post your contact informations (TCSer).Will have discussion..

vaibhav dixit

Hi Vaibhav

I am from TCS and opting for LWP .. I would suggest you to talk to your lead and apply leave in advance ...as the complete process takes atleast 10-15 days ... lead approval , HR approval , HR head approval ...etc..
Your lead should approve the leave then only you can avail it ... is case he doesnt approve (i hope this wont happen with any of the puys here ) you need a buffer time so that you can resign and join great lakes on time .
It is my personal opinion - it wont be a good option to wait till 1st of April and then start the complete process...
agar koi setting hai ...to araam se apply karo no issues
Hey... 'Desperate' .. come on... I guess u dint get my point here... I am discussing a would be issue and there is no point of being desperate in that...

Buddy, I would advise you to understand the matter first before throwing a world peace message ....

Thank you,
Hemant Grover
:cheers:

Hey Varsha/Ganesh,

Can you please let us know the number of students who have been waitlisted? Also, how many have withdrawn till now as many puys had mentioned they withdrew the offer. When will the movement begin. Atleast, we'll have an idea where we stand!!?

You have been really prompt in all your replies except for these :|
Will really appreciate if you answer any one of these
Hi Varsha,

It becomes very important to us to know the exact commencement date of the program.
I have sent many mails to ADCOM in this regard but there is not been a single reply.
We need to book tickets and finish a lot of pending matters before joining the class.

Please help us in this matter and bring this issue to the ADCOM.
Vishal
GLIM Admit 2012-13
Bangalore

Varsha / Ganesh ,
It's strange but hv to ask that how is it that the last date of paying the complete fees for the program is fixed but the date on which the session is suppose to start us still not decided ????
Please ask the glim admin team to tell us the date because a lot of other arrangments are to be made based on that date .
We all are working professionals and have to plan out things in office well in advance ...
Thanks

The exact date is not yet decided because you guys will come in only after we have passed out. The college has a buffer period for us and ensures arrangements are done before you all come in. I shall convey your problem to the adcom team and request them to release the joining date ASAP.
  • 1 Like  
Thanks Varsha for your reply :)

I am a mediocre student, so don't think will get much time for partying as I need to keep pace with the meritorious batch So hopefully Rs1500/month will be sufficient for me.. :clap:

I have the below queries still bugging me :(
1. Do we get any day of the week as off. I mean the interviewer told us they will give Thursdays as off. Is it true?:cheerio:
Yes, Thursdays are off. Sometimes you have a session on Thursdays if the schedule is too tight.
2. What is the rule regarding going out or coming back to campus;I mean is there a time limit beyond which I might not be allowed to go outside?
Yes, its about 11pm. There may be changes for your batch based on what the student council decides.
3. When does Lattitude happen and when it happens, do we get some days off ?
Lattitude happens in Jan and you will get couple of days off
4. Being a production engineer and an IT worker, what kind of economic fundas I should work on as I have heard that Macro and Micro economics are really tough at GLIM
The courses are not tough if you do the pre-reads. To prepare yourself for the MBA and get business into your nerves, start reading the Economic Times, Wall Street Journal and I am sure it will do wonders for you. Some business articles on finance, how economy works, strategies that top companies have adopted are additional readings that can be taken up.
5. As the batch strength is 360, what shall be strength of each class??(Can't be teaching 360 in a single class I guess :-O )
The strength varies with courses. For some courses the entire batch is divided into two sections and for most others it will be divided into 4 sections (as was done in our case).

Thanks again for your cooperation and understanding.
Regards
Sulagna Roy
"Sincerity Pays :)"

Answers in red
What is the day to day dress code in the campus ?? casual wear like jeans / capris / formal skirts allowed for girls ??
somewhre in the fee structure its also mentioned about attire .. what kinda attire is it ?? formal suit ??

Casual wear- jeans (no capris), tshirts, formal skirts are allowed. The college provides a pair of formal set of clothes. You can bring two sets of formal clothes i.e. trousers, shirts, which will be needed to attend formal occasions such as guest lectures and placements.
Yes frnds.. i think all TCSer taking study leave and hopefully after this year Band release..Friends post your contact informations (TCSer).Will have discussion..

vaibhav dixit

Hi,

anyone with a list of all TCSers for GLIM 2012-13 admit?

P.S. I am from TCS Bangalore.

Hello Sayer,

What nos did u call to confirm?

Vishal
Bangalore

md.sayer Says
I sent the second installment yesterday through the online transfer process... Called them today and they confirmed that it has been debited to their account...

Hi Friends,

Sorry for delay in updating my status. I have been selected in Great Lakes 2012 - 2013 PGPM Batch and I am very excited to go ahead. Hope to meet you all soon.
Take care.

pearl13 Says
Anybody who has sent the second installment ??

I sent the second installment yesterday through the online transfer process... Called them today and they confirmed that it has been debited to their account...

vaibhav dixit

yes yar i am frm TCS..all TCSers have group chat in sametime some day..do reply all[/QUOTE

k
tushjss Says
hey any 1 taking study leave..i.e. LWP from TCS..?

yes many r taking the same even i cum under the same pool.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

709 people follow this discussion.