Great Lakes Institute of Management Class of 2013

Hello All, I am Indraneel Mukherjee, MBA from Great Lakes Institute of Management. This thread is meant for all prospective applicants to Great Lakes for the academic session beginning in 2012. If you have queries regarding the admissio...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 485   
kiran harry Says
If you find difficulty in getting numbers contact me. I will get the appropriate no. of the person dealing with GLIM from delhi credila branch.:)

Hi,

Can u send me the number of the person dealing with Credilla , delhi branch?

Finally first convert of my life .
Seniors,What is the process of refund and expected date of commencement of the course.
Also we have to accept the offer mentioning draft no of first installment.What if i sent the acceptance letter and later the installment as last date of installment is 4th april and acceptance being 31st march

Hi seniors,

This is urgent.I received a mail today regarding my final convert to great lakes,chennai. I have to send the DD of Rs. 1 lac. for confirming the seat which should reach before 4th of april. As the result has come bit late for me, I am excited as well as nervous. First of all I am planning to dispatch the DD tomorrow. What should I do now onwards. I have talked to my project manager regarding the case and have told him to leave the company till 20th april. Anyone from Infosys. please throw some light on the sabbatical thing. Is it better or I should leave the company without any sabbatical. Also I have to submit the full fees by 24th of April. I am arranging for loan but please guide regarding that also. What could be the probable date by which I have to reach Chennai?

Hi Varsha,,,

I also got the acceptance mail just now....! Same query as above..!!!

PLS REPLY...!!

Also, i got the mail earlier saying . ..great lakes has not been able to consider me for chennai campus so they are offering me in gurgaon campus...!!!! SO HOW DID I GET THIS ACCEPTANCE MAIL NOW?? ....PLS CLARIFY... I AM REALLY SURPRISED!...

Same case with me as welll....

Received the mail today at 3 PM.....

Hi Varsha,

I got admit only on 20th March after the waitlist movement.
I put my papers on the same day but my organization is not ready to relieve me before 18th may.
Please let me know how many days i can get leave from the college? is it possible to join tat late ?
and what will be the procedure i have to follow ?
Kindly reply ...

Sabbatical is a good option for reasons- you have a job even before you start a MBA and it is much easier to get relieved if sabbatical option prevails in your company. On the contrary not all companies give sabbatical. In our batch most students are from TCS than Infosys. If you can get sabbatical and decrease your notice period from Infy then you could think about it.
Loan usually takes time, close to a month to work out. Thus, you could go to Credila (there is a tie up). They may levy some extra charges for faster loan processing and thus try to negotiate and strike a good deal.
I do not think the college will give you extra days to join as the orientation begins the day after your registration process. The classes too will commence soon. Please get things worked out so that you join come to college by 25th April.
  • 1 Like  

I cannot stop thinking about this.....
Maybe wrong, but I have a feeling......
I was going through some posts in the PGPM Chennai page....... I happened to speak to some of them who were put on the wait list and got confirmation during the last few days( exactly after the link to accept the Gurgaon were sent to those eligible among the wait listers). Now, those who accepted the form were immediatly given admissions(into Gurgaon)..... Hiding the fact that they still had seats left at the Chennai campus.......
What I reckon is that those who chose Gurgaon were considered desperate and the others would choose some other insti rather than choosing Gurgaon....hence they were immediatly offered seat at Chennai...... THIS IS A FACT!! Hence, if you get a call from Gurgaon, they can identify you as some one with lesser no. of options...Hence, they tend to choose Gurgaon( not to mention the time constraint)....So, I dont think any kind of wait list movement now at Chennai will offer seat to somebody who chose Gurgaon!!
Adcom had a clear plan about this......May be I am wrong, but thats what I feel after my research.....

me too in after a long time wait... happy happy happy:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hi,

My XAT 2012 Score is as follows

Quantitative Ability - 55.57
English language & LR - 83.85
Decision Making - 71.54
Total Percentile - 74.93

Can I expect calls from Great Lakes Chennai????

I have 46 months of work ex(Oracle Financial Services S/W Ltd.)
10th 85
12th 83
B.E 73.55

Thanks,
Manoj

It is difficult to get a call with the above mentioned %ile as it is very low compared to the average. Experience wise there is no problem but you definitely need to increase your score.
Hi Varsha,
Cud u suggest some good but cheap places to stay in Chennai or Mahabalipuram...

You could check online for hotels in Chennai. Some places in Mahabalipurum that are good budget hotels are Bay Treasure and Sea Breeze.
  • 1 Like  

same rules apply, as I mentioned in previous post.
Dont show that you are very desperate, else manager/hr takes advantage and mey ask you to buy out the notice period.. I know easier said than done, but no harm trying

Dude being an exTSCer, I know getting relieved is not as difficult as you think. do not plead to your Poject Manager/Account Manager/HR that you want to join college on 24th.

Just tell them that you got a college and you want to leave. you can serve the notice period, but you dont want since you want to enjoy. I am sure your manager will initiate your separation process in Ulti****x within 7 days. In case such a thing does not happen, tell the HR that you want early release after some days. Max to max they will charge you 15 days basic salary (which I assume should be meagre).
Dont worry, see you in GL.

GLIM wont allow late entry, but as explained you wont need that route.

Any other queries PM me..

One of my friend is struggling to get relieved by april 24th. She is working in CTS and her manager doesnt want to leave early. Is there any policy in CTS to leave early by paying? Does anyone know abt this??
HAHA ..me too !! Made it !! Finally !! :biggrin: :cheers: :drinking:
Just mailed admit12 !!

Problem1:

TCS has a one month policy for resignation so I will have a lot of difficulty getting to the GLIM campus on time...can anyone please mention the exact dates bcoz I need to approach our HR with an ETA !?!?

sub-Question: can GLIM accommodate some folks coming in a couple of days late? what will either party (students/GLIM) lose out on??:-(

Problem2
:
The folks at Credila told me that getting the money ready by the said dates (11 April) is possible if I apply by tomorrow - can anyone else back that up, please?? I'm worried !!

Dude being an exTSCer, I know getting relieved is not as difficult as you think. do not plead to your Poject Manager/Account Manager/HR that you want to join college on 24th.

Just tell them that you got a college and you want to leave. you can serve the notice period, but you dont want since you want to enjoy. I am sure your manager will initiate your separation process in Ulti****x within 7 days. In case such a thing does not happen, tell the HR that you want early release after some days. Max to max they will charge you 15 days basic salary (which I assume should be meagre).
Dont worry, see you in GL.

GLIM wont allow late entry, but as explained you wont need that route.

Any other queries PM me..

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

708 people follow this discussion.