PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Get access to great test material and prepare with friends! For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Download for free.
About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@GBS2013

Tags

Goizueta Business School Fall 2012 Applicants

Hi, I am a first year student (class of 2013) at Goizueta Business School, Emory University. As a *Goizueta Ambassador*, I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the application process, academics, life at Goizueta etc. for ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 32   

I was a R1 applicant this year for Goizueta one year program. I have got an admit and accepted the same for the program starting 2013... I would be pleased to help with any questions regarding applications/interview.. I am from Mumbai .. anyone from this region who has got an admit?

I attended the World MBA Tour in Bangalore and visited Emory Goizueta..I had the opportunity to talk to an alum present at the fair..I've shared my experiences here..
http://amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in/2012/12/qs-world-mba-tour-bangalore.html

Follow my MBA Applications Journey at: amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in
Yes Hari, it's pretty normal. You should check your status on OPUS.
And please post in this year's thread going forward.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/goizueta-business-school-fall-2013-applicants-25085918

If there's one thing B-school has taught me, it's how to get into a B-school.

My second recommender has also submitted the form.

I still did not get the confirmation email for submitting my application. Is this normal? Or should I contact the adcom?

Please help!!

Hi Guys,

I submitted my application just in time for R2.
My profile:
GMAT - 700
Exp - 6 years IT (at the time of joining)

I have one question. I did not get the confirmation email after submitting the application. Is it normal or is it because one of my recommenders did not submit yet?

-Hari
@maidenfreak said:
Thanks dreeemMBA, I finally managed to cut the words short Phew!! Now I have 495 words, space for 5 more!!
And, please feel free to ask any more questions that you have. Post on the other thread though. Here's the link:

Thanks dreeemMBA, I finally managed to cut the words short Phew!! Now I have 495 words, space for 5 more!!

@maidenfreak said:
AJ, just another question that I am sure I cannot google. The essays have EXTREME word limits I mean I can hardly express my thoughts properly. How serious is the adcom about this? Like for a 500 word essay, I have written 546 words. And I dont know what to cut out !! :S:S If I cut them out it seems as though, the essay is lacking, and if I dont, am confused if the adcom is gonna be pissed Can you please let me know?

Hi Maidenfreak,

Adhering to the school's policies, in this case the word limit, is always important. I am sure you can reduce the word count. :D

DreeemMBA
Class of 2014
Goizueta Business School

Hey guys,

Please continue conversations for the current year in the new thread here.

And Maidenfreak, I think I remember reading on some admission consulting blog that generally, a +-10% variability on the word limit is acceptable. Google. Boom.

Cheers,
Goizueta Ambassador #42.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

60 people follow this discussion.