PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ravindra Singh @try4it

Tags

GMAT[2009] study group - pune

Hi Guys, This thread is for all those who are planning to take GMAT in next 6 months. Lets form a study group for Pune where we can we can discuss our stratagies and share our plans. Please contribute to this thread with your valuable sugge...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 20 of 41   
starwalker Says
@ harshad Looks like very few people are planning to appear for GMAT this year also ,no one else is interested in the meet except 2 0r 3 us.... not an issue. If you can make it on friday, still we can meet... I read the post from nikunj, I think nikunj could be of great help if he makes it to the meet as he will be appearing for the GMAT exam this august. Lets wait till tomorrow, if there are atleast 5 people who are interested then we can meet in the evening on coming friday i.e. 10th, maybe after 9 pm (lets hope every one is done with their office work for the week). What say ?? Regards, Starwalker.

Guyz,I have recently started following this group and I am also interested in this meeting. Little about me: B.E. (Marine) form Jadavpur University in 2005. 06+ months experience in Shipping Industry- 'K' Line Ship Management, Tokyo. 33+ months experience in IT Industry- Infosys Technologies Ltd (Current). Some Sports & Extracurricular awards During College Days. Started preparing for GMAT few months back. Please let me know the date, time, & venue for this meeting and I will be there. Thanks

@Starwalker
Hey i thought we were planning for the next week. i am out of pune on this weekend. will return on Monday. Can we schedule for any other day except for this Friday?

@Nikunj
Canu make it to the meet if it is scheduled in the next week?

@Yogesh
Thnks for showing the interest in this meet.

Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store

Hi Guys,New here bt hav been preprg for gmat for some time.But nothinc concrete yet.Planning to give in september.Knowing other aspiraants and their prearation scene would help.Just let me know the place were you all intending to meet.

Hi Guys,

I've recently started GMAT prep and haven't yet decided about the date. Got 3.5 yrs of exp as of now. I can make it on Friday around 9 if you are planning t meet near SB road coz I'll be having classes till 8:45pm.

Yogi.

@ harshad Looks like very few people are planning to appear for GMAT this year also ,no one else is interested in the meet except 2 0r 3 us.... not an issue. If you can make it on friday, still we can meet... I read the post from nikunj, I think nikunj could be of great help if he makes it to the meet as he will be appearing for the GMAT exam this august. Lets wait till tomorrow, if there are atleast 5 people who are interested then we can meet in the evening on coming friday i.e. 10th, maybe after 9 pm (lets hope every one is done with their office work for the week). What say ?? Regards, Starwalker.

Nikunj,
As per understanding US and European Universities (select few) are at par as far as standard of education is concerned. US universities offer good courses for 2 yrs and European Universities are know for 1 yr courses. But when it comes to recruitment there is marked difference in the process in above mentioned regions. The cost of education should also be taken in to consideration for opting the colleges/universities.
Chances alumni not replying to query are less considering the fact that they also had gone thru the similar process and they understand the anxiety and concern of hte person askeing the queries.

Regards,
Harshad

Hey Harshad,

Thanks for the quick response.
Also the criteria u posted seems to be a good start to look out for colleges. However talking about general perception, people consider US MBA to be of greater deal than any other regions like APAC or Europe. What say do you have on this? Also seeing the Asian region, we just have few colleges like ISB, NSU and Hong Kong Univ. to go for.
And have you decided on your GMAT date?
About the agencies I was talking about, do you have any idea how much they charge? Also even I feel that its a waste of money but then if Alumni doesn't come up to our help, i guess they can atleast guide us.

Hi All,

Its been long that we have been constantly posting up here. Looks like there are less people giving GMAT this time. As for me, I am planning to give GMAT in second week of August. Need to give GMAT soon as the application end dates for colleges like ISB is mid of sept. Also would like to know where will we get practice tests other than those given by KAPLAN and www.mba.com.

Nikunj,

Good to know that ppl like u are still around the corner and posting on this forum. the lull has creeped in on this forum but we can still keep it active by proactively posting and ecouraging others to do so.
As for ur query regarding the shortlisting/prioritizing process u need to first come out ur areas of interests, readiness to work at any place (India and Abroad), financial capacity so on and so forth. I would suggest u decide an order first which will help u shortlist the college. For example my order would:
1. 1/2 yrs courses offered by different universities.
2. Areas of interest (different universities are renound for different streams)
3. Financial status
4. Post MBA prospects
5. Readiness to work in particular country

THis is just an example. u can have ur oown set of criterias to shortlist the universities.

Regarding the consultation on universities and application process, yes there are agencies who can assist you in slecting the colleges and application process. Personally i am against these consulting agencies coz they hardly add any value. they will squeez u till the last drop of ur blood and wouldnt even berp . better get in touch with the alumni of the particular college to get hte insight.

And PAGALGUY is always there to help us out.

Hope it suffies.

Regards,
Harshad

Hi All,

Its been long that we have been constantly posting up here. Looks like there are less people giving GMAT this time. As for me, I am planning to give GMAT in second week of August. Need to give GMAT soon as the application end dates for colleges like ISB is mid of sept. Also would like to know where will we get practice tests other than those given by KAPLAN and www.mba.com. I have completed OG11 and Kaplan and believe me they are really good in boosting up your confidence level. Also the Manhattan guides help you to get used to some tips and tricks to solve the questions.

One query about the colleges through GMAT. I am still not very clear about the colleges that I need to go for. I wanted to ask how do you decide a college you want to get into, I mean the parameters to decide the same. Also do we get any counselling here in Pune from any institute which will help us in applying for the colleges and also in writing Essays, SOPs..

Thanks
-Nikunj

@Starwalker
I can understand that u have ur prior engagements but i feel it will be difficult to come after office for most of members. Can we schedule for the wekend?

Puys,
Please respond to this post confirming ur availability on the weekend for the meet.

regards,
harshad

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

109 people follow this discussion.