About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Sachin . @Govi

Tags

GMAT Sentence Correction Discussions

The GMAT and Related Discussions section is very fragmented in terms of the information available at one's disposal. There are one of reply threads and several other redundant threads that have masked the more important ones. This is an atte...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 711   

Correct the sentence in {.......}

Artificial Intelligence researchers have designed interactive 'bots' that emulate {human conversation, and task management has been automated as well, whether it be for technology professionals or} also for computer users with no knowledge of the field.

57 people answered this question.
1 Comments
Veritas Gurgaon - 9810801887 
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Correct the sentence in {......}

Trade analysts are devising a number of models that can isolate causes of {economic inefficiency, to which they will then generate solutions; their aim is mainly creating} a system that will encourage unrestricted international trade.

76 people answered this question.
10 Comments
LIVE CHAT with ex- Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi

Ask all about Post-CAT results in a LIVE CHAT on 

28th December 2014 at 8.00pm with  Dr. Himanshu Rai, CAT 2010 Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi.

Participate Now

-Full time post graduate program in business

-Faculty from SDA Bocconi, Italy 

-Dual Campus Mumbai and Milan

-2014 Avg. CTC 10 Lakh p.a

- Merit Based Tuition Fee Waiver 

Download Placement Stats

{With a recognition that there are challenges associated with adopting new curriculum and securing additional funding}, local school boards handling teacher requests typically encourage creative solutions that utilize existing resources.

42 people answered this question.
2 Comments

Practice Question

http://www.mba.com/service/my-account/my-gmat-practice-question.aspx?CID=EB5BBF1C-E40F-4146-ABE5-867F1344B94B

Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com
GMAC Accounts: LogIn
GMAC Accounts: LogIn
Reflect® evaluates the personal and professional qualities that are important in today's workplace. A customized action plan based on your score in 10 key competencies equips you with the information you need to succeed in your job and career.

Gmac

Even though the poetry of Gerard Manley Hopkins is best known for its confluence of religious and erotic imagery, some critics say that it is most remarkable for its extensive use of rhetorical devices such as alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia and internal rhyme that {pointed the way for free verse, even} apparently dissimilar poets such as Jack Kerouac.

61 people answered this question.
11 Comments

Wind turbines may be a visual blight upon the rural landscape, but proponents of alternative energy sources point out that wind power causes much less environmental damage than using fossil fuels.

73 people answered this question.
11 Comments

Study Smart for Your Best

GMAT When it comes to studying for the GMAT exam, there are no magic formulas, no secrets, no tricks—just planning and preparation. Read more

• 1 Like  

Another official product from the makers of the GMAT exam. The new official GMAT Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool features 48 IR items and answer explanations, unlimited practice sessions, customizable question sets and tools to practice pacing. The only IR prep tool on the market with never before seen IR questions. Buy Now at

The study showed that carbon dioxide emissions increased much less in the last year than analysts {had expected them to and general pollution levels will flatten} out this year.

• "The study showed that carbon dioxide emissions increased.... 10 Jun.
  • Comparing the two openings in the choices, 'had expected'.... 09 Jun.
Sunil1989
sunil kumar sahoo @Sunil1989 1,762

"The study showed that carbon dioxide emissions increased much less in the last year than analysts {had expected them to and general pollution levels will flatten} out this year."

and that General Pollution levels would flatten.
Does it seems to be correct.

But if we write as "and General Pollution would flatten" it seems logical.

I agree with the first correction in B excluding words "them to" but how do you prove this is efficient in GMAT .

But I don't agree with the second part use of that.

@kinji.at.pg1 @Siddharth.Goyal can you guys please help . @VeritasGurgaon Please do let me know in case my underatdning is wrong

VeritasGurgaon
Veritas Gurgaon @VeritasGurgaon 196

Comparing the two openings in the choices, 'had expected' is correct. The emissions increased in the last year (in the past), while analysts made their prediction before that time in the past. Therefore, we need the past perfect tense: 'had expected.' Choice (A) or (B) must be correct.The first difference between (A) and (B) is the missing 'them to' in (B). The sentence is still clear without those two words, so not only is (B) possibly correct, it is more likely to be correct than (A), as the GMAT prefers efficiency. The second difference is the word 'that' in (B), while 'that' is not in (A). There's a 'that' earlier in the sentence: "The study showed that" [one thing] "and that" [another thing]. This is a shorter version of saying, "The study showed that. . . and the study showed that. . . " Since the two things are somewhat unrelated, it is proper to include the 'that' before the second thing the study showed.

GMAT Sentence Correction

A 1971 ordinance in the city of Mississippi increased the number of people who had been allowed to occupy a single family dwelling in a residential neighborhood.

78 people answered this question.
11 Comments

{Nearly 20 genera of electric fish are classified in theMormyridae taxon, which includes 203 different species,more than all the other taxons of electric fish combined.}

• 6 Comments
  • Correct answer?. 09 Jun.
  • answer is….... 06 Jun.

Guys Please do help me. I am looking for GMAT Classes . Please do suggest me which is better e-GMAT or BYJU GMAT. Seriously need help . I am finding very difficult to ghave strength to study. I have decided to attend GMAT but in lot of confusions which one should i join. Can anybody please help.

If any of the guys have used BYJU GMAT tablet please do help and if anybody at all have used e-GMAT experience please help me.

• I havent used what you have mentioned above, but can sugg.... 02 Jun.
Sunil Kumar Sahoo
saurav205
saurav kumar @saurav205 1,189
I havent used what you have mentioned above, but can suggest something. Since you are confused with the classes , and if you want to go for the online course try Ivy-Gmat - Sandeep Gupta. If you stay in Blore then you can attend his classes there. I think they have classes in Delhi as well. If you arent at any of these two locations then you can get his class videos by enrolling for the online course. Else you can try Rajat Sadana - e-Gmat. Both these classes are good. ATB!!!!

Although concerned with the number of venomous copperhead snakes he encountered on his trek, the traveler recognised {dangers posed by this sort of snake as far less than they typically are for more mundane matters, such as hydration.}

• 3 Comments
  • The correct answer is (E). 04 Jun.
  • answer ????. 03 Jun.

Practice Question

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

2433 people follow this discussion.