About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Sachin . @Govi

Tags

GMAT Sentence Correction Discussions

The GMAT and Related Discussions section is very fragmented in terms of the information available at one's disposal. There are one of reply threads and several other redundant threads that have masked the more important ones. This is an atte...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 251 of 1082   
Dear Puya,

Can someone please tell me where can we download Aristotle SC trail and RC 99?

will be obliged.

Thanks.

Awaiting reply.... please help!

Dear Puya,

Can someone please tell me where can we download Aristotle SC trail and RC 99?

will be obliged.

Thanks.

His campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms finally successful, Sir Joseph Lister lent his name to the company that developed Listerine, the first antibacterial liquid.

(A) His campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms finally successful
(B) Since his campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms had been eventually successful
(C) Because of the eventual success of his campaigning for sanitary conditions in operating rooms
(D) His campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms being eventually successful
(E) Campaigning, eventually successfully, for conditions to be sanitary in operating rooms

OA is in bold!!
His campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms finally successful, Sir Joseph Lister lent his name to the company that developed Listerine, the first antibacterial liquid.

(A) His campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms finally successful
(B) Since his campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms had been eventually successful
(C) Because of the eventual success of his campaigning for sanitary conditions in operating rooms
(D) His campaign for sanitary conditions in operating rooms being eventually successful
(E) Campaigning, eventually successfully, for conditions to be sanitary in operating rooms
16. The Diary of Anne Frank tells the true story of a young girl and her family that were hidden during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands by a gentile Dutch couple, though they were eventually discovered.
A. that were hidden during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands by a gentile Dutch couple, though they were eventually discovered
B. that were hidden by a gentile Dutch couple during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands, though they were eventually discovered
C. whom a gentile Dutch couple hid during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands but were eventually discovered
D. who were hidden by a gentile Dutch couple during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands but were eventually discovered
E. who were hidden by a gentile Dutch couple during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands even though they were eventually discovered

OA is in bold!!
16. The Diary of Anne Frank tells the true story of a young girl and her family that were hidden during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands by a gentile Dutch couple, though they were eventually discovered.

A. that were hidden during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands by a gentile Dutch couple, though they were eventually discovered
B. that were hidden by a gentile Dutch couple during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands, though they were eventually discovered
C. whom a gentile Dutch couple hid during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands but were eventually discovered
D. who were hidden by a gentile Dutch couple during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands but were eventually discovered
E. who were hidden by a gentile Dutch couple during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands even though they were eventually discovered

My take -D.....OA..???

Leaching, the recovery of copper from the drainage water of mines, as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well established as early as the eighteenth century, but until about 25 years ago miners did not realize that bacteria take an active part in the process.

A.as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well established
B.as a method of the extraction of minerals well established
C.was a well-established method of mineral extraction
D.was a well-established method of extracting mineral that was
E.had been a method of mineral extraction, well established

To develop more accurate population forecasts, demographers have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic determinants of fertility.

A.have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic
B.have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical
C.would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical
D.would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economic
E.would have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economical

my take is in bold!!
puys you can ignore my previous post by mistake interchanged awnsers
@atul thanks mate

Leaching, the recovery of copper from the drainage water of mines, as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well established as early as the eighteenth century, but until about 25 years ago miners did not realize that bacteria take an active part in the process.

A.as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well established
B.as a method of the extraction of minerals well established
C.was a well-established method of mineral extraction
D.was a well-established method of extracting mineral that was
E.had been a method of mineral extraction, well established

To develop more accurate population forecasts, demographers have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic determinants of fertility.

B.have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical
C.would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical
D.would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economic

my take is in bold!!

i think E is correct awnser i first thought that because it is something mentioned '4000 years ago' where as having+past tense will be related to recent past

I think for FIRST it should be C

SECOND D ....As it says economic, Economical means CHeap.......so Chnages the meaning of sentence

PLz explain First i may be Wrong...

my take is in bold!!

BOss C is wrong ...answer should be D...Bcz its says Economic....and Economical...means Cheap......

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

17736 people follow this discussion.