About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Sachin . @Govi

Tags

GMAT Sentence Correction Discussions

The GMAT and Related Discussions section is very fragmented in terms of the information available at one's disposal. There are one of reply threads and several other redundant threads that have masked the more important ones. This is an atte...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 1096   

Hi guys! This is Asif from Hyderabad. I'm pursuing engineering final yr in Cse. I'm planning to write GMAT this year. I'm good at math,not great at verbal.I've been an outdoor leader from one year in a non profit adventure club.I've lead teams for treks in south India,Himalayas,I'm into adventure sports like rock climbing. Is there any possibility for me to get into good university for MBA in abroad or isb without work experience? What will be the ideal score to get into good university? .my target is 700+.If anyone is interested to join me on weekends to crack gmat this year can ping me. Thankyou!

• What's your academic profile? By the way ISB is out of yo.... 6h.
  • dost ias ya ssc easily nikaal loge...if u want that.... 3h.
kashyap2988
Siddharth Raghuvanshi @kashyap2988 153

What's your academic profile? By the way ISB is out of your reach now completely,  Rest @kinji.at.pg1 @ISBmantra.com @MansieDewanConsulting wil guide you.

ultimate1
ultimate guy @ultimate1 4

dost ias ya ssc easily nikaal loge...if u want that...

Any one has Manhattan or veritas mock left with them ?? I need one or two... Pls reply

• 3 Comments
  • common guys purchase directly from Veritas site it will c.... 16 Jan.
  • Buying and selling strictly not allowed on PG and I will .... 25 Jan.
kashyap2988

common guys purchase directly from Veritas site it will cost you the same, stop using this forum as OLX please...

kinji.at.pg1
Kinjal Das @kinji.at.pg1 30,359

Buying and selling strictly not allowed on PG and I will hand out instant bans

600-740, Mission Impossible?

Hi friends, I just did my GMAT last week and scored a 600 (Q47, V27, AWA3, IR6) I honestly gave it my best effort, doing all the prep the best I could (OGs, Testprep software, Simulated exam conditions, slept well before exam). I was feeling confident on test day, and even during the test itself I thought I was doing pretty well. Then came the shock 600 at the end. I am beginning to think perhaps I am not cut out for GMAT. My intention for taking the GMAT was to pursue a Phd in Business from one of the top research universities in the US. As I understand from speaking with faculty, even though most school do not require a minimum GMAT, a 740 should generally be the bare minimum an international candidate like myself should possess. Would improving my score at the next test to 740 be mission impossible? Should I consider taking the GRE instead?

Really appreciate any feedback you can give!

Can anybody give the link to download OG 11 Review book PDF ?

• Why OG11? I was hoping someone can share the latest OG 16. 14 Jan.
3lack5tar5
@3lack5tar5

Why OG11? I was hoping someone can share the latest OG 16

Can anybody give the link to download OG 2016 Quant Review book PDF ?

• mbacau. 10 Jan.

Hi ...can anyone suggest me that which tutorial is best for cracking gmat both in quantitative and verbal side...specifically i am having 3-4 months for preparation. I am getting lots of options but confused which one to choose

• 7 Comments
  • I believe doing the OGs are the best guide.. 14 Jan.
  • @aadithya.vector ....are you saying about manhattan pract.... 14 Jan.
3lack5tar5
@3lack5tar5

I believe doing the OGs are the best guide.

pathikrit86
@pathikrit86

@aadithya.vector ....are you saying about manhattan practice tests?

@All has anyone tried the "The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2016" How useful the book will be,apart from this book there are other books as well what does those book contain? Guys post you experience and thoughts! The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2016 The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2016

• Just go for GMAT OG 2016 thats it if and if you doesn't h.... 05 Jan.
  • Can anybody give the link to download OG 2016 Quant Revie.... 09 Jan.
kashyap2988

Just go for GMAT OG 2016 thats it if and if you doesn't have the OG 15, its the best one for GMAT prep as it is the only book which contains retired real question of GMAT exam. The questions are on a similar pattern and difficulty level in the real GMAT exam , as it is there in OG 16. No need to go for OG Verbal and OG Quant. just for few additional questions. 

aqua_cg
@aqua_cg 1

Can anybody give the link to download OG 2016 Quant Review book PDF ?

Pl give the ans to q no 19 wid explanation

None
  • 18 Comments
  • Don't read non official stuff for verbal. Certain path to.... 31 Dec '15.
  • Cr you need to learn to skim and not read. You should not.... 31 Dec '15.
zoombiee
Apurv Manjrekar @zoombiee 81

Don't read non official stuff for verbal. Certain path to high stress and confusion

zoombiee
Apurv Manjrekar @zoombiee 81

Cr you need to learn to skim and not read. You should not be spending more tha 6 mins per passage along with questions

Hi Friends, I have my GMAT exam on Dec 21st and my preparation is only with official guide , Official Quant review and Verbal review. And I was aiming for around 650 score. Will my preparation is sufficient to reach my desired score?

• 3 Comments
  • Will my preparation or is?. 24 Dec '15.
  • How much did you get in the end?. 14 Jan.
DarkAlex
@DarkAlex 15,279

Will my preparation or is? 

3lack5tar5
@3lack5tar5

How much did you get in the end?

Sentence Correction : Mark Correct Answer and then read the following...Official GMAT problem...

I felt the correct answer is the one saying 'resulted from' and not 'had resulted from'. Since had is used in the later part of the sentence, won't it be better to use simple past here ? Had is generally used to show the difference in time frame of two past events right ? In that case, it should be 'resulted from' right ?

Any thoughts guys ?

63 people answered this question.
4 Comments
GMAT : 730 (QA 49 VA 40 AWA 6) 
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

38725 people follow this discussion.