About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Sachin . @Govi

Tags

GMAT Sentence Correction Discussions

The GMAT and Related Discussions section is very fragmented in terms of the information available at one's disposal. There are one of reply threads and several other redundant threads that have masked the more important ones. This is an atte...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 1076   

Among lower-paid workers, union members are less likely than nonunion members to be enrolled in lower-end insurance plans imposing stricter limits on medical services and requiring doctors to see more patients, and spend less time with each.

28 people answered this question.
1 Comments
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

It is as difficult to prevent crimes against property as those that are against a person.

Explanation needed.

26 people answered this question.
2 Comments
GOLMAAL HAI BHAI! SAB GOLMAL HAI!
GOLMAAL HAI BHAI! SAB GOLMAL HAI!
GOLMAAL HAI BHAI! SAB GOLMAL HAI! Scams, corruptions, black money! All such words make us think of politicians. Right! But is that the scenario? Given the power and authority they have, I do comprehend that it is obvious to presume that it is only politicians who amass money through various indecent means in our country....

My Blog

• 2 Likes  
  • Good one. 2d.
  • Niice post :smiley:. 1d.
figuringoutmylife https://overthecoffeee.wordpress.com/ 

Now generally regarded as a forgery, the Kensington Rune Stone, a 90-kilogram slab of inscribed rock discovered in Minnesota in 1898, was said to have recorded an encounter between Native Americans and Norse explorers in 1362 and thus was cited as evidence that Europeans explored North America in pre-Columbian times. 

25 people answered this question.
1 Comments

Hi, so i'be been preparing for GMAT for about two months now, and am facing multiple problems when it comes to sentence correction. I've undertaken coaching from a reputed training center, but I still cannot manage to get a decent score even on practice questions.

Q.1) Is there a way, to swiftly identify the best possible answer choice without having to apply the multiple rules of grammar?

Q.2) Is there a magic remedy?

Q.3) Does studying 'Parts of Speech' actually going to help me identify the best answer choice in under 02:00 minutes?

Really appreciate all your help here!

• 3 Comments
  • Let me answer the questions: 1) No, you need to know gra.... 2d.
  • Buddy buy MG sc guide read it as we used to read "Concept.... 2d.
kinji.at.pg1
Kinjal Das @kinji.at.pg1 28,871

Let me answer the questions:

1) No, you need to know grammar and you need to strike a fine balance between grammar and meaning.

2) No, there is not. After 2 months, if you are not able to understand, may be you are not properly guided or you need to put effort. We indians are not very good and I apply all the rules possible to increase my score.

3) Yes, Parts of speech , you need to know. Based on parts of speech, you can apply specific rules. But having said that, you need not know or determine every parts of speech but only the decision making factors you need to know.

Let me know if you have further doubts. 

lochan_cancer
Rudra Lochan @lochan_cancer 349

Buddy buy MG sc guide read it as we used to read "Concepts of Physics by H C Verma"..it will do wonders

Although Moliere's satirical play Tartuffe was condemned by his contemporaries, he is now considered the writer of one of the most famous French plays of all time.

49 people answered this question.
Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up

Construction of the Roman Colosseum, which was officially known as the Flavian Amphitheater, began in A.D. 69, during the reign of Vespasian, was completed a decade later, during the reign of Titus, who opened the Colosseum with a one-hundred-day cycle of religious pageants, gladiatorial games, and spectacles.

44 people answered this question.
Veritas Gurgaon - 9810801887 

In their most recent press release, the new management stated that they plan to expand into the global software market via a series of acquisitions in Asia and Latin America.

[NEED HELP]

39 people answered this question.
3 Comments

In the 1980s the federal government was the largest single provider of day care for children, offering child care, health, and educational services to hundreds of thousands of children from poor households through the Head Start program and which supported private day-care facilities through child-care tax credits, state block grants, and tax breaks for employers who subsidized day-care services.

45 people answered this question.
3 Comments

The nephew of Pliny the Elder wrote the only eyewitness account of the great eruption of Vesuvius in two letters to the historian Tacitus.

40 people answered this question.
3 Comments

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

14105 people follow this discussion.