About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

GMAT Query Center 2010-13

In keeping with my mantra of starting the new Query thread when people stop reading the first post and start asking the same Qs over and over again, i'm pleased to announce the brand new GMAT QUERY CENTER 2010-11 :: :: As always, *PLEASE R...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 63 of 183   

Hi People

I am giving the GMAT in May end.
2 weeks into the prep, 1st Mock 700 ..
Is it fine ? I noticed in both the sections I got 4 out of the 1st 10 ques wrong :(
Any suggestions from puys experienced here ?

Commenting on this post has been disabled.

Hi guys,
I have been working in an IT company in Noida from past two yrs and I wish to write GMAT this year. But my past academic results are not that great. xth-81% xiith-66.4% BTech-62% so i am scared.
Please suggest how shd i go about preparing as I am just starting now. I do not want to join any coaching as of now.
I have been going through these GMAT threads and have come across many books and suggestions but i still did not get the idea of how i should shape up my preparations. please help me out in kick starting my preparations so that i do not waste further time and gain some momentum fast.
Also, do you guys recommend that i take some prep test first to get to know where i stand currently and then start preparing?

Below is my Profile:
Gmat - 640 (Q - 49, V - 27, AWA - 5)
:
Aspiring to move towards business development (IT). Would like to pursue MBA in IT management/Service Marketing (IT).
Decent profile, buddy. Your bschool choices can get much better if you can fix the GMAT.

ashut2707 Says
I am a re taker. I've got 640 in GMAT last time (Oct 2010), QA 49, VA 28, AWA 5.5, I am very weak in VA and looking for some expert help for the same.
You could get in touch with Pyschodementia (Arun) - founder of CrackVerbal. He's a veteran on PG. You'll find tons of his posts here.

- Sameer
Author | Beyond The MBA Hype
  • 1 Like  
Founder -  MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb

I have already found out those answers but wanted more views and clarification on it by pguys..

rockstar9516 Says
what is the total time an average guy takes to get break even on investment done for Mba(2yrs)?Because in bschools like Harvard,Standford d course fees is 50 lakhs excluding living cost while an ISB has course fee of 18 lakhs. What is average pay package one gets during placement in these bschools?Thanks in advance

If you really want to give both blood and sweat, start by researching these questions. Both are easily answerable - the former by numerous articles by BW, Poets&Quants;, and the latter from the respective website.

what is the total time an average guy takes to get break even on investment done for Mba(2yrs)?Because in bschools like Harvard,Standford d course fees is 50 lakhs excluding living cost while an ISB has course fee of 18 lakhs. What is average pay package one gets during placement in these bschools?Thanks in advance

I have seen a lot of people mentioning 'bibles', 'RC Grails' for GMAT, can anybody please elaborate, what exactly are those books (name/publisher) ... !! That'd be of great help...
Thanks..

Aristotle Prep publishes SC,CR and RC guiders that are reportedly supposed to be good.
ManhattanGMAT's SC guide is a really good for SC. (aka SC Bible)
PowerScore's CR guide is the CR bible.

please note that term "bible" is given by people who've prepped using these guides and done well/ really liked the book. YMMV.

Guys i donno if this is the right thread to post.But,please guys help me in scheduling an appointment.How do i convert my GPA?I
And,i cant see to find my undergraduate university name in the Search box provided?Is there any workaround for that?

Don't convert your GPA. It's irrelevant for scheduling your test. International colleges receive enough applications to have an understanding of the caliber of your university and college.
Feel free to reach out to the GMAC helpline for concerns. They usually respond quickly.
  • 2 Likes  

Guys i donno if this is the right thread to post.But,please guys help me in scheduling an appointment.How do i convert my GPA?I have 8.4/10..But cant seem to convert i.The internet is filled with plethora of info about GPA conversion.Please guys help me on this.
And,i cant see to find my undergraduate university name in the Search box provided?Is there any workaround for that?

I have seen a lot of people mentioning 'bibles', 'RC Grails' for GMAT, can anybody please elaborate, what exactly are those books (name/publisher) ... !! That'd be of great help...

Thanks..

• RC Grails or SC grails is from Aristotle GMAT. Those are .... 06 Jun '14.
kinji.at.pg1
Kinjal Das @kinji.at.pg1 28,322
RC Grails or SC grails is from Aristotle GMAT. Those are quite good books to start with.
Hello All,

I need help regarding how to start preparation for GMAT.
I don't find anywhere all the topics/syllabus listed for Qaunt.

Is the Kaplan or Official Guide is sufficient to understand and practice basic quant topics like Geometry, Number Systems etc.

These books don't have much of theory.

Are these books are sufficient ?

Kindly reply what to read and from where ?

Thanks in Advance.

have a look at Let's crack the exams, eh....., will you please?
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1023 people follow this discussion.