Free Bank PO Questions

You get official solutions with each question, and our insights to help you track your preparation.

Click here!
SHOW

GMAT Query Center 2010-13

• Created by @Neo2000
In keeping with my mantra of starting the new Query thread when people stop reading the first post and start asking the same Qs over and over again, i'm pleased to announce the brand new GMAT QUERY CENTER 2010-11 :: :: As always, *PLEASE R... Read More »

Closing this thread.

Commenting on this post has been disabled.

Hello ,

I am planning to order Manhattan book for SC and RC but i found that there is separate  book of both .... can't i find one book for both?

Pls advise and suggest....

• Manhattan SC book is a must have. It is quite detailed al.... 17 Jun.
kinji.at.pg1
Kinjal Das @kinji.at.pg1 26.8 k

Manhattan SC book is a must have. It is quite detailed along with exercise. I will suggest you to order for Manhattan SC and Manhattan RC, you can search online. May be you might be able to find in Torrents.

School Of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies, across various industry verticals that believe in the philosophy – Redefine education. Redefine leadership. Admissions Open!

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now

Hey Puys,

My profile is as follows:

Xth: 83.83%

XII th: 72.33%

UG(B.E.): 62.87%

Very good achievement in terms of Extra Curricular activities, highlighting Community Service and Leadership Roles.

Almost Two years of work Experience, as a Business Analyst, working with TCS.

I have booked my exam date: 2nd August, 2014

I have started preparing using the OG.

yet to give the GMAT prep mock tests.

So, please suggest What all materials I need to follow and how to maximise my output?

Also, please mail me the pdf/soft docs, if any - sunnyanans@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hi All,
can you please educate me on the field MIS? i have few questions on this. 1. Under which category do MIS falls under? Is it a MBA or MS? do i need to take Gmat or GRE?2. What are the subjects offered in MIS?3. Where can i find best schools for this particular field?4. How about the opportunities once after course is done.5. How long the course lasts?awaiting for your response.
Thanks,
Chakradhar.

• 1 Like  
  • I want to know this too. let me know if you get to know a.... 22 May.
TheBigBang
thebig bang @TheBigBang 21
I want to know this too. let me know if you get to know anything TIA
I have completed Quant section from OG12 &13 and i really need to focus on CR , RC and SC please suggest me what should i do to improve all these, i have no problem in Quant.........pls suggest....

Hi,

I have a question. I hope someone here will help me out.

I have been working since more than 2 years. And at the same time pursuing distant B.tech in Mechanical from KSOU (Karnataka state open university) into my final year. Couldn't do full time study due to financial difficulties.

Now i look forward to go for full time MBA from the top B Schools in India.

Am i eligible for GMAT ?

Which top B schools can i apply for admission ?

• 5Comments
  • @j_anant Thanks. I heard somewhere, to get admission in.... 18 May.
  • @FurqanAhmed yes you are eligible for GMAT and you can ap.... 18 May.
  5 Comments
GMATinsight
GMAT INSIGHT @GMATinsight 141

@FurqanAhmed In case you plan to do preparation on your own then the planning of material to be referred is right here:

For Quant:
1) Refer to manhattan topicwise books and finish the topics
2) Refer to OG 12 PS and then DS and check your accuracy level
3) Refer to OG-13 PS and DS and check your accuracy level
4) Start taking Tests

For Verbal:1) Refer to OG 10 for Critical Reasoning
2) Refer to OG 11 for Critical Reasoning
3) Refer to OG 11 for Reading Comprehension
4) Refer to OG 10 for Sentence Correction
5) Refer to OG 11 for Sentence Correction
6) Refer to Manhattan CR and SC
7) Start taking tests and check your accuracy level

In case you want to take expert help, keep OG for the last in Quant section. Many coaching institutes provide their own test series but I would recommend Manhattan Test series as the first preference and secondary preference can be termed as Kaplan test series. Any other test series might give you wrong understanding of actual standard of GMAT test.

Please feel free to post for any other GMAT assistance (Professional or Friendly) query.

Regards,
www.gmatinsight.com

FurqanAhmed
Furqan Munshi @FurqanAhmed
@j_anant Thank you. Only one book is sufficient for the complete preparation ??
j_anant
anant jain @j_anant 12
@FurqanAhmed From where did you hear ....no it's not like that part time graduation is not a problem.......every B school has a different process for admission ..... but first give GMAT and get a good score .......OG 13 is the good book for GMAT i am also using the same....hope that helps.....
FurqanAhmed
Furqan Munshi @FurqanAhmed
@j_anant Thanks.
I heard somewhere, to get admission in a B school you'll have to be a full time Graduate.

Can i know how do i start preparing GMAT ?
What books do you think are useful ?

j_anant
anant jain @j_anant 12
@FurqanAhmed yes you are eligible for GMAT and you can apply to any top B schools in Indian and abroad but you have to score good score in GMAT....
Hello,

Can someone suggest me online material for VERBAL , RC & SC. I really need to work on this .

Pls suggest me.....

Thanks
HI,
I am looking to prepare for GMAT on my own. My query is along with the OG what should be the material that i must have to proceed with my preparation.
If I look at maybe buying the entire Manhatten Gmat Book series should that cover all avenues of the Test. Also what is the best source to pick up the material such as this.
Suggestions on Any alternatives / Online courses would be appreciated.
  • @cabel I believe that taking a test and its result only t.... 17 May.
  • Yep, MGMAT should be enough for your GMAT prep. But fi.... 17 May.
GMATinsight
@cabel I believe that taking a test and its result only tells you at what level you are but to convert even the good score in to real GMAT or improve GMAT score, Consistent practice is the only Mantra. You need to refer to a lot of material but not just finishing the material is important instead practicing that in a proper order makes the learning process most efficient.

In addition, I feel that taking an expert help really makes a huge difference in performance if you ignore a few exceptions. Since GMAT as an exam is not very inexpensive and the MBA after that is highly expensive therefore taking a chance and ending up with a compromised score doesn't make any sense and therefore I suggest that one should definitely take expert help as it gives guidance and the routine and structure to do the preparation. GMAT is considerably tough exam considering the worldwide competition. In case you plan to do preparation on your own then the planning of material to be referred is right here:

For Quant:
1) Refer to Manhattan topicwise books and finish the topics
2) Refer to OG 12 PS and then DS and check your accuracy level
3) Refer to OG-13 PS and DS and check your accuracy level
4) Start taking Tests
For Verbal:
1) Refer to OG 10 for Critical Reasoning
2) Refer to OG 11 for Critical Reasoning
3) Refer to OG 11 for Reading Comprehension
4) Refer to OG 10 for Sentence Correction
5) Refer to OG 11 for Sentence Correction
6) Refer to Manhattan CR and SC
7) Start taking tests and check your accuracy level

In case you want to take expert help, keep OG for the last in Quant section.

Many coaching institutes provide their own test series but I would recommend Manhattan Test series as the first preference and secondary preference can be termed as Kaplan test series. Any other test series might give you wrong understanding of actual standard of GMAT test. Please feel free to post for any other GMAT assistance (Professional or Friendly) query.

-Thanks-
"GMATtinsight"

TheBigBang
thebig bang @TheBigBang 21
Yep, MGMAT should be enough for your GMAT prep.
But first try to give a practice test to know your current level. If you get a Q49 in Quant you may not even need all Mgmat books, so knowing how much you need to study/improve is important.
Most of the Gmat books are available online, so getting a book should not be a problem, deciding which one to buy, can be So give a test, and get back with your weak areas then you can buy specific book for each area... Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask

I am interested in doing MBA from IIM A, B, C, or ISB . My profile is as follows:Xth - 70%; XIIth- 72%, B.Sc (Physics Hons.) - 65%; B.Tech (Electrical Engg.)- 74%
I haven't received any recognition/awards in extra-curricular activities nor i am associated with any NGO or member of nay professional institute.
I am employed with a consultancy organisation under Govt. of India (PSU) having work experience of 4+ years.

Can u please tell me what are my chances of getting admission in IIMs or ISB and what may the probable GMAT score required considering my average profile??
  • 4Comments
  • Thanks for the information. Do you think that i need to w.... 11 May.
  • for ISB - 680+ for IIMs - 700+ Regards, *"GMATin.... 11 May.
kinji.at.pg1
I think with 4+ is mush more suited to ISB than PGPX of IIMs. IIMA has close to 9 years of avg work ex and IIM B and C have close to 6-8 years.
aniakhi
akhil lesh @aniakhi 4
Thanks for the information. Do you think that i need to work on my profile by getting associated with any NGO or getting membership of any professional institute ??? .....or my profile is ok and i should concentrate on GMAT only ??..TIA
hi guys ...i m preparing for gmat from princeton review kolkata and m palnning to take the final test around june 1st week...right now m scoring in the range of 650-720 in the princeton mock tests. i m targetting a 730+ score in gmat...can anyone plz advise me how to improve my score from this point...
Thanks
Kaushik
  • 5Comments
  • @messi6010 Control your silly mistakes and take other tes.... 10 May.
  • @messi6010 Great question! While there is no one study st.... 09 May.
  5 Comments
kinji.at.pg1
@messi6010 : Wheather 25 days are sufficient to cross 730+, very frankly I don't know and that is the reason why you have mocks to judge. BTW : Even I am planning to take GMAT by the same time.
messi6010
kaushik pandey @messi6010 10
@GMATinsight & @kinji.at.pg1 thanks for ur valuable suggestion...may i ask one more question..do u guys think 25 days are sufficient enough(as m planning to take the test in first week of june) for improving my score from 650-720 to 730+...
kinji.at.pg1
@messi6010 : You have taken mocks right? Why you are not scoring as much as you like. There might be some issues in concepts or timing. concepts can be practiced by studying the concept again and timing will come in when you practice a lot and you get used to it.

Do take mocks from mba.com (GMAT Prep) and also if you want take the paid mocks. Apart from there almost every institute provides a free mock which you can use to decide if you want to enroll.

650-720 means you are good with concept and you require practice.

Any specific query : do revert.
GMATinsight
@messi6010 Control your silly mistakes and take other test series as well for better exposure. You can refer to Manhattan test series for real assessment of your performance. Take a free sample test and then understand the level of the tests that they offer.

Regards,
"GMATinsight"
OfficialGMAT
Official GMAT @OfficialGMAT 1.3 k
@messi6010 Great question! While there is no one study strategy that works for everyone, you may be interested in this study on how long test-takers typically spend studying.

Study Smart for Your Best GMAT: www.mba.com/india/the-gmat-blog-hub/the-official-gmat-blog/2013/sep/st... Good Luck!
Keep following us to keep your self updated with the latest happenings in GMAT

Hi All,

Can some one please let me know few colleges in US or singapore best for General Management, also please let me know which of those schools have Spring 2015 intake.Awaiting for your response.

Thanks,
Chakradhar.

• @chakri2 please visit www.mba.com/india/find-and-compare-.... 08 May.
@OfficialGMAT Since the fee for MBA abroad is very high, to what extent are the loans available from Banks for participating in the course?
Are there any universities/B-schools where we cant get loans from the Local country for pursuing the course?
  • HDFC Credilia is dedicated firm for education loans. One .... 06 May.
Ammu18
Aditya Ammu @Ammu18 17
HDFC Credilia is dedicated firm for education loans. One of its good points is, the collateral property can be shown by any of your close relatives.
SBI has also been a favourite choice, but the upperlimit is 30lacs.
I am guessing the Local loans would be more expensive than ours, but do not know in detail.

Hi. My Name is Rajeev and I took my GMAT test in May, 2011 and got a score of 720. Due to personal reasons, I could not apply to any program until now. I have heard that some b-schools do not accept scores older than 2 or 3 years. Is there a list of schools out there that accept GMAT scores for the full 5 years of its validity (in India and abroad)
  • I just got a reply from SP Jain's 1 year program query ce.... 04 May.
  • @Rajrag your score is valid! All top business schools acc.... 02 May.
Rajrag
@Rajrag
I just got a reply from SP Jain's 1 year program query center that they do not accept a score older than 3 years and I believe other b-schools also have their own specific rule regarding the validity of the GMAT score. Hence, what I wanted to know is if there is a consolidated list of b-schools that accept GMAT scores older than 3 years.
MansieDewanConsulting
Mansie Dewan @MansieDewanConsulting 2.2 k
@Rajrag your score is valid! All top business schools accept your score if taken within 5 years of applying.

This is interesting in case you are a GMAT/GRE aspirant...

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1025 people follow this discussion.