About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

GMAT Query Center-2008-'09

It's become pretty obvious that not a lot of people were reading the old GMAT QUERY CENTER thread. Posts/Questions were becoming repetitive and consequently over looked. I will still say Please read through the Old Thread This thread is a collec...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 39   
I have a simple query..

After I was done with a Manhattan online test, I saw that I had gotten 9 questions wrong in the math section, that too pretty important one's (4,6,7,10,12...)

So why did they give me a score of 51 in math?

On what basis are you saying that those Qs are "pretty important ones" ??? On the assumption that the first 10 are important?? Maybe its not so important after all. Did you go back and look at the feedback?? Maybe somewhere in that sequence you got a couple of experimental questions?? OR maybe getting the remaining 24 in a row!! correct helped you?? Too many variables!!!

I've never understood people's obsession with trying to figure out a pattern. There is no way you can beat the system. You should really focus on why you got those Qs wrong rather than why you got a 51 even though you got a set of Qs wrong. On the actual day, you wont know which you got wrong and which you got right, and where was the sequence. So why bother with the sequence now? Focus on the Qs!!
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

I have a simple query..

After I was done with a Manhattan online test, I saw that I had gotten 9 questions wrong in the math section, that too pretty important one's (4,6,7,10,12...)

So why did they give me a score of 51 in math?

Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure
prya.k Says
what are these 1000 RC/CR questions I hear about very often.. Where can i get hold of one

Try 5GB of free space to upload and share your files, photos, videos and music - eSnips.com and you will find it there

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company:  http://crackverbal.com 

what are these 1000 RC/CR questions I hear about very often.. Where can i get hold of one

Hi Satwik,

I have mailed you just now.
Please send me the same.. thank you..

Sujoy

Hi Sujoy,

I dont remember the links. But if you drop me an email on i will gladly send both the tests as an attachment.

Raghav.

PS: Can anyone please reply to my post? I am very confused..!!

Satwik,

what is the difference between GMAT preps and Power preps? how did you get Power prep? how did you get old ETS too.. can you send me the link.. i have my test on 17th June and i have only 4 kalpan tests left with me..i dont want to test them at the last moment for fear of loosing the motivation!!

Thank you.

Sujoy

Hello All,

I have my GMAT in another two weeks and i am a bit confused on which full-length CATS to practice.

I have the 4 full length Kaplan tests, 2 GMAT preps and 2 Power preps with me out of which i am done with 1 GMATprep. I am planning to take the last GMATprep two days before the actual GMAT.

Today i came across old ETS full length tests on a forum, and i have downloaded them. Now, i am confused whether i should solve them or not? I am basically unable to decide whether to go with the 4 Kaplan tests or spend that time solving the old ETS papers since.

Can anyone please provide inputs?

Many thanks,
Raghav.

Thanks Arun and nice to see you after so long !!
But why is this advice quoted? :-).

Finally, what is your personal opinion? Should i go ahead to read these 1000 series ?

Can anyone tell me how useful are 1000SC/CR/RC?? sometimes back i came to know these documents/materials were once created by scoretop which is now banned by GMAC. If its true, is it a good option to go through this documents or its waste of time?

Sujoy

I will try to make this post into a tweet - "1000 pack is the second best source of quality questions after OG. However note that some of the question styles (long RC passages etc) are no longer asked on the GMAT."

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company:  http://crackverbal.com 

Can anyone tell me how useful are 1000SC/CR/RC?? sometimes back i came to know these documents/materials were once created by scoretop which is now banned by GMAC. If its true, is it a good option to go through this documents or its waste of time?

Sujoy

CAn some one tell me whats the latest edition of Kaplan GMAT 800 available in market ?
Kaplan Gmat 800: 2008-2009 Edition is the one i am seeing everywhere. is this the latest ?

I think 2008-2009 eidtion is the latest:
Amazon.com: kaplan 800 GMAT Books

Anyone differs?

I think anything around or more than 710-720 should be enough.

Hi Friends,

Myself being a beginner in my preparation for Gmat, have gone through the whole thread and need lots of info from everyone around.
Name: Karan
Work Exp: Close to 4 yrs now in IT
Academics : Decent
College: NIT Hamirpur, 2005
Gmat material : None

I have heard and read a lot about books and CDs mentioned here.Of these i just downloaded the Gmatprep software from Mba.com
Now some of my queries:
1. Do you people buy the whole lot of books and cds or you exchange it among yourselves?
2. Once i take up the date for Gmat i wish to join the study group, kindly include me in any of your discussion inside and outside this forum?
3. Everyone tells go through the Gmat official guide first? Does dat apply to all?

Kindly take out sometime to go through this post and please give me your valuable suggestions...

Thanks PGites ....

CAn some one tell me whats the latest edition of Kaplan GMAT 800 available in market ?
Kaplan Gmat 800: 2008-2009 Edition is the one i am seeing everywhere. is this the latest ?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

203 people follow this discussion.