PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

GMAT Query Center-2008-'09

It's become pretty obvious that not a lot of people were reading the old GMAT QUERY CENTER thread. Posts/Questions were becoming repetitive and consequently over looked. I will still say Please read through the Old Thread This thread is a collec...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 58   

No Varun, its 18-19. I wish i cud have got 8-9 worng!!

Commenting on this post has been disabled.
On what basis are you saying that those Qs are "pretty important ones" ??? On the assumption that the first 10 are important?? Maybe its not so important after all. Did you go back and look at the feedback?? Maybe somewhere in that sequence you got a couple of experimental questions?? OR maybe getting the remaining 24 in a row!! correct helped you?? Too many variables!!!

I've never understood people's obsession with trying to figure out a pattern. There is no way you can beat the system. You should really focus on why you got those Qs wrong rather than why you got a 51 even though you got a set of Qs wrong. On the actual day, you wont know which you got wrong and which you got right, and where was the sequence. So why bother with the sequence now? Focus on the Qs!!

I concur with Neo2000 on this. When you are taking the test just focus on getting each question right - irrespective of where it appears and what the scoring algorithm apparently says.

Read more here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/29450-low-gmat-scores-find-help-33.html#post1571065

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company:  http://crackverbal.com 
Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store
Hi,

I have almost similar query.
I am getting 18-19 qs wrong in Q and the score is around 47 but the score in V is 30 for 21 worng questions..how is the calculation going?

one correction.. u actually meant 8-9qs wrong in quant..right.. and NOT 18-19qs..

Hi,

I have almost similar query.
I am getting 18-19 qs wrong in Q and the score is around 47 but the score in V is 30 for 21 worng questions..how is the calculation going?

On what basis are you saying that those Qs are "pretty important ones" ??? On the assumption that the first 10 are important?? Maybe its not so important after all. Did you go back and look at the feedback?? Maybe somewhere in that sequence you got a couple of experimental questions?? OR maybe getting the remaining 24 in a row!! correct helped you?? Too many variables!!!

I've never understood people's obsession with trying to figure out a pattern. There is no way you can beat the system. You should really focus on why you got those Qs wrong rather than why you got a 51 even though you got a set of Qs wrong. On the actual day, you wont know which you got wrong and which you got right, and where was the sequence. So why bother with the sequence now? Focus on the Qs!!

whoaa! easy dude.. i'm not trying to figure out a pattern. but getting the numbers right would help me save precious minutes on a 10 minuter..

AND, there is no 'feedback' where manhattan would state whether a question was experimental..

Anyhow, the first 10 question funda is chucked out now. thanks man.
I have a simple query..

After I was done with a Manhattan online test, I saw that I had gotten 9 questions wrong in the math section, that too pretty important one's (4,6,7,10,12...)

So why did they give me a score of 51 in math?

I have a simple query..

After I was done with a Manhattan online test, I saw that I had gotten 9 questions wrong in the math section, that too pretty important one's (4,6,7,10,12...)

So why did they give me a score of 51 in math?

prya.k Says
what are these 1000 RC/CR questions I hear about very often.. Where can i get hold of one

Try 5GB of free space to upload and share your files, photos, videos and music - eSnips.com and you will find it there

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company:  http://crackverbal.com 

what are these 1000 RC/CR questions I hear about very often.. Where can i get hold of one

Hi Satwik,

I have mailed you just now.
Please send me the same.. thank you..

Sujoy

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

203 people follow this discussion.