About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Sachin . @Govi

Tags

GMAT Critical Reasoning Discussions

The GMAT and Related Discussions section is very fragmented in terms of the information available at one's disposal. There are one of reply threads and several other redundant threads that have masked the more important ones. This is an atte...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 626   

Which book is best for verbal and reading comprehension? 1. Arihant 2. Arun sharma

• For reading comprehension there is no book, its all depen.... 08 Jul.
  • Practice from RC 99 - Reading Comprehension CR - Ar.... 08 Jul.
kashyap2988
Destiny01 88 @kashyap2988 503

For reading comprehension there is no book, its all depends on your skill of reading the more you read the better u perform still you want to practice RC and other stuffs do it from cat words pandit

rakesh7kr
Rakesh Kumar @rakesh7kr 11

Practice from

RC 99 - Reading Comprehension

CR - Aristotle CR Grail

Hi,

I have very recently started preparing for the GMAT. I have taken the diagnostic test and realize that I will need to revise all the concepts for quant first before getting started with the practice problems. 

Can anyone suggest me a course material to follow using which I can start with the basics and then gradually move up the level. Can someone help me come up with the right strategy to follow for the preparation?  

• 5 Comments
  • @lavanyamalhotra :Who said GMAT club doesnt give topic wi.... 07 Jul.
  • Hi Lavanya, Magoosh offers video lesson, which I've heard.... 08 Jul.
raunit2107
ravi khaitan @raunit2107 11

@lavanyamalhotra :Who said GMAT club doesnt give topic wise questions ? I m Practising topic wise only from there..Please check once again.. 

Trina20
@Trina20 1

Hi Lavanya, Magoosh offers video lesson, which I've heard are pretty good. You can also find topic wise questions there. All the best for your prep.

Studies in restaurants show that the tips left by customers who pay their bill in cash tend to be larger when the bill is presented on a tray that bears a creditcard logo. Consumer psychologists hypothesize that simply seeing a cfreditcard logo makes many creditcard holders willing to spend more because it reminds them that their spending power exceeds the cash they have immediately available.

Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports the psychologists' interpretation of studies?

43 people answered this question.
7 Comments
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

As a construction material, bamboo is as strong as steel and sturdier than concrete. Moreover, in tropical areas bamboo is a much less expensive construction material than either steel or concrete and is always readily available. In tropical areas, therefore, building with bamboo makes better economic sense than building with steel or concrete, except where land values are high.

Which of the following, if true, most helps to explain the exception noted above?

51 people answered this question.
3 Comments

Guys, please help with this one.

None
  • 5 Comments
  • @rakesh7kr Thanks for the explanation!!. 27 Jun.
  • d. 29 Jun.

Traverton's city council wants to minimize the city's average yearly expenditures on its traffic signal lights and so is considering replacing the incandescent bulbs currently in use with arrays of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) as the incandescent bulbs burn out. Compared to incandescent bulbs, LED arrays consume significantly less energy and cost no more to purchase. Moreover, the costs associated with the conversion of existinf fixtures so as to accept LED arrays would be minimal,

Whici of the following would it be most useful to know in determining whether switching to LED arrays would be likely to help minimize Traverton's yearly maintenance costs?

41 people answered this question.
7 Comments

Any reviews on GMAT OG 2017 ? Does any one have it?

Hey folks,

Shatabdi here from Goa. We hardly have access to proper tuition classes for GMAT here. Thus, I have resorted to self-studies. Critical reasoning is one section which is giving me sleepless nights. I fail to understand how to approach the questions. Any suggestion will be welcome from the experts. I read princeton and went through all the different types but when it comes to execution I don't get it right. plz help!

• 3 Comments
  • Thank you shubham. 14 Jun.
  • Same is the issue with me...i feel we need more of practi.... 27 Jun.
shatabdi.1988
@shatabdi.1988

Thank you shubham

jigarhg
Jigar Gogri @jigarhg 17

Same is the issue with me...i feel we need more of practice with varied questions on CR

Hey guys, i am totally new to the MBA exam entrances,as never thought for it earlier that i would like to appear for any such exam, i have enrolled myself in a coaching  for CAT, bt there i got the suggestion to go for GMAT as m having 4+ yrsof exp, i just wanted to know that is GMAT very tough or tougher than CAT, as we will be spending a gud amount on it and so dnt want that amount to be wasted if its not my cup of tea. genuine suggestions plz..

• 4 Comments
  • ty @piu1989 :). 10 Jun.
  • GMAT and CAT are different exams and caters to different .... 10 Jun.
kinji.at.pg1
Kinjal Das @kinji.at.pg1 30,794

GMAT and CAT are different exams and caters to different schools. So choose the exam based on the schools you want to apply. for 4+ years, US schools, ISB makes more sense

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

50071 people follow this discussion.