About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Sachin . @Govi

Tags

GMAT Critical Reasoning Discussions

The GMAT and Related Discussions section is very fragmented in terms of the information available at one's disposal. There are one of reply threads and several other redundant threads that have masked the more important ones. This is an atte...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 624   

In order to be eligible for election to the Gram Panchayat, a person must be at least 35 years of age. Moreover, one must not have any criminal cases filed against him/her. Therefore, Surjeet Singh, over 45 years of age and without any bankruptcy claim, cannot be a Sarpanch of a Gram Panchayat since he has just been accused of "murder".

Which of the following can be safely concluded from the above argument?

1- A person above 45 years of age can become a Sarpanch provided he/she doesn't have a criminal case or bankruptcy claim.

2- Only those eligible to become a member of Gram Panchayat can become a Sarpanch.

3- There is no minimum age requirement for becoming a Sarpanch.

4- Surjeet Singh can become a great Sarpanch.

4 people answered this question.
1 Comments
If you look close enough you will observe that this is not a signature 
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Hi Puys/Pals,

I have completed GMAT & scored 700 last month...I am having Unused Kaplan 5 Tests which I am planning to give for Rs.999 with original receipt.

Saturday Offer: I will also share all the 12 Manhattan Prep GMAT eBooks for free with purchase of Kaplan Tests.

Will register using your mail id & you can verify the access before paying me..The Kaplan tests have validity for 1 year till Feb 2017. 

Interested people please mail to rinikap12@gmail.com..Will share all the details..!!

Rini. 

Can anyone send me Aristotle CR?

My email ID: weepool@live.com

Economist: In today's post-industrial economy, higher education is essential for achieving prosperity. Without a college degree or higher, citizens do not have access to the highest quartile of salaries, and only individuals earning salaries in this highest quartile have enough disposable income to buy real estate and invest in long term assets.

The argument assumes that ?

84 people answered this question.
3 Comments
Desperation is needed to go ahead to the new levels. 

Does anybody have Aristotle CR ?? Plz send it to ssairam_henry@yahoo.co.in...thanks!

• . thecountrpt@gmail.com. 23 Jan.
One day you're the cock of the walk, the next a feather duster. 

How to answer critical reasoning questions..how should I analyse and the tricks to find out

• Always identify read the qns to know what is required fir.... 14 Jan.
  • Don't forget to stay away from answers which are out of t.... 14 Jan.
3lack5tar5
@3lack5tar5

Always identify read the qns to know what is required first, then identify the conclusion in the passage, and finally decide which answer is most appropriate in view of the conclusion.

3lack5tar5
@3lack5tar5

Don't forget to stay away from answers which are out of the scope of the question (i.e. infer too much)

Veritas Access: ritijos50@gmail.com

gmat2015

Manhattan Access:

ahmedbari.ace@gmail.com

$old2Some1

Please use for free.Valid for 2 more days:-)

Hi,

Need help in CR Assumption-Pre thinking steps. Any suggestion on good books, articles or free blogs.

Thanks,Carol

• 3 Comments
  • GMAT Club and OG guides for the win!. 14 Jan.
  • Try gmatprepnow.com for free videos on solving critical r.... 14 Jan.
3lack5tar5
@3lack5tar5

GMAT Club and OG guides for the win!

pgsk
Sriram Krishnan @pgsk 196

Try gmatprepnow.com for free videos on solving critical reasoning questions. As the others have already mentioned, gmatclub.com and beatthegmat forums are great for solved CR questions.

Full e-gmat scholaranium video course Verbal + Quant with extra 5 mocks,paid gmatclub tests and 5000 practice questions.Valid till March 2016 end.I purchased for 25k and want to give away at 12500 only.

Interested people message me.

Thanks!

• ping me on dilipraohyd at gmail.com. 15 Dec '15.
dilipraohyd
@dilipraohyd

ping me on dilipraohyd at gmail.com

Wolves generally avoid human settlements. For this reason, domestic sheep, though essentially easy prey for wolves, are not usually attacked by them. In Hylantia prior to 1910, farmers nevertheless lost considerable numbers of sheep to wolves each year. Attributing this to the large number for wolves, in 1910 the government began offering rewards to hunters for killing wolves. From 1910 to 1915, large numbers of wolves were killed. Yet wolf attacks on sheep increased significantly.

Which of the following, if true, most helps to explain the increase in wolf attacks on sheep?

238 people answered this question.
2 Comments
http://www.gmatfreeprep.com/...I am no expert.still preparing for GMAT 

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

40008 people follow this discussion.