PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@venom

Tags

GMAT aspirants at Hyderabad - Study Group

All GMATters at Hyderabad are invited to participate in this thread - An attempt to collectively pin the beast. This is another regular thread to club up the efforts of all Hyderabad junta aspiring to crack GMAT. I would appreciate if some Master ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 7 of 122   

After a shocking cat results ive got no faith in iim n cat .. planning to work for 2-3 years and then apply for maybe isb or mba abroad .. so i want to know should i write my gmat this year or wait for a year or two ??

heard foreign unis dnt accept old gmat scores :/
thanks
  • 1 Like  

Hi guys, I have startedmy preparation with Manhattan sc, found it quite interesting. Can anybody help me with GMAT materials which I should give a start for quant section, I am planning towrite exam on 1st week of April. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

• 10 Comments
  • sparsh.two @gmail.com. 07 Feb '14.
  • @Hex give me your mail id. 06 Feb '14.

hi.i want to join gmat coaching in hyderabad.Please help me in joining a good institute.Princeton or manhattan review or crack isb.which one is good?please tell me which one is good..

• 15 Comments
  • most of them are suggesting me crack isb.. 08 Feb '14.
  • no i have not tried any.i am too much confused betweeb cr.... 08 Feb '14.
subhi12
SUBHRITI MISHRA @subhi12 3
most of them are suggesting me crack isb.
subhi12
SUBHRITI MISHRA @subhi12 3
no i have not tried any.i am too much confused betweeb crack isb and princeton.

Messed up completely..Given CAT..now GMAt..JOINED TIME..i dont know how good it is..but atleast i was expecting something frm times ..Planning to give in may.Suggest me any kind of preparation..espec VERBAL..kudosssssmg

• 3 Comments
  • ameerpet..weekend batch starting feb 9... 31 Jan '14.
  • which branch did you join? when did it start? thanks. 31 Jan '14.
Indrakiran
INDRA KIRAN KARUKURI @Indrakiran
ameerpet..weekend batch starting feb 9..
kool_buddy
Prashanth Akunuri @kool_buddy 171
which branch did you join? when did it start? thanks

Hello Everyone,

Just to give an introduction, my name is Sai Prasad. I am an ISB Graduate, from the C/O 2011 and i am based out of hyderabad and working for Deloitte.

Earlier last year, i became the first asian with a disability, to set foot on the antarctic continent. (http://www.facebook.com/Celebratinglife.Sai)

I also run my own venture 'Sahasra', that aims to raise funds as merit scholarships.

As part of my fundraising efforts, i am taking GMAT classes, that guarantee a score of 700+ on the exam in 1.5 months of preparation / 400 hours of effort. (or the fees is returned). So far, we have trained 150 students and the highest score is 760.

History:

Just to give a backdrop to the first three groups – we were a bunch of friends who wanted to be serious about GMAT preparation and wanted a real quality training. The egoist I am, I wanted to check, if my training can really make dreams come true. So, we picked 100 students of all score ranges (280 to 700) and trained them in a fun-filled, impactful way. You can enquire/verify the same with anyone in the batch on whether the training helped. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/gmatclasses/)

We have all our students, scoring 700+ in under 1.5 months of intense preparation. As part of our classes all the students who prepared under our sessions, took the test and scored 700+ will come and talk to you all as well. More on that later.

Coming to this fourth batch, I have the same single-point agenda.

Through a one-month training program, get everyone in the class a score of over 700/800.

What do I need from you all ?

1. Atleast 3-4 hours of committed effort everyday.

2. Book the exam date only when I say you are ready

3. Strong presence on email

4. Consistent efforts (500 hours of effort in all)

Financial commitment:

There is a financial commitment to the class. But i am not sure if i should advertise that here. Please feel free to email me or call me for the same.

If you score less than 700 though, the whole of money that you paid as fees will be returned. However, your score of over 700 is guaranteed subject to the following two conditions.

1. You will write the exam before April 15th or earlier.

2. You will book the exam date, only after I certify you to be ready for the exam (Parameters for my evaluation include atleast two 700 scores on GMAT Prep)

The financial commitment of refunding the money, does not hold valid:

a) If exam is taken after April 15th, 2014 or

b) If you do not prepare well or

c) If you score more than 700

I need to put in these conditions to shorten the batch size to about 15-20 students and make them serious towards taking the exam. I am looking forward to take only serious students, deliver results and use the fees as part of my fundraising efforts for several of my own ventures. A copy of my resume is attached for your reference.

Summary

I assure you quality and commitment. I want your effort. Together, we succeed. Please note that once you score above 700, we will also work on your essays and school list without further financial commitments.

So, incase you are still interested in taking this course – please go through following details.

Class Details:

1. Classes are on Thursday, Saturday & Sunday – Starting January 16th (Thursday).

2. Timings are from 7:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M.

3. Classes are in Madhapur.

Address:

Arrowsol Technologies,

2nd floor,

Adjacent Fun+Fit Studio,

D.No.1-90/2/g/1.

Plot 20,

On the main road,

Near Image Hospitals, Madhapur.

4. Course fees to be paid by beginning of class-3: January 23rd, Thursday (Via cheque / cash). First two classes are therefore free.

5. As of now, we have 10 registrations. We need to arrange for chairs in the room and I would really appreciate an email from you all with the following subject line - CONFIRMATION including financial commitment.

Once you give me the confirmation, I shall send you out the course plan and what can be expected in 100 hours of intense, fun-filled training.

Please find attached – what is also unique about our training and a tentative schedule to what can be expected further.

Looking forward to meeting you all and make dreams come true,

Thank you for the trust you showed,

With affectionate regards,

Sai Prasad Vishwanathan,

Cell +91 8106895503.

Email: SaiPrasadV.Gmat@gmail.com

Hi everyone, I'm planning to take GMAT in June 2014. Can someone brief up the stages starting from registration to selection like how many days before do we need to register, choosing colleges, nd the subsequent processes....I'm actually new to this ....so nt dat much idea

Apart from this, I wanted to know which coaching institute is decent for verbal.....ne reviews regarding Princeton review, Manhattan Review Madhapur. Suggest sm good onl9 courses if any.....How much beneficial is it to join a coaching inst. rather than self studying???

Thanx in advance

• 17 Comments
  • @edprep.in If I want to apply in Round 2, When should.... 26 Jun '14.
  • @Pardita The deadlines for most of the schools lies betwe.... 27 Jun '14.
Pardita
Pardita @Pardita 60
@edprep.in

If I want to apply in Round 2, When should I take GMAT by latest??

edprep.in
Ed Prep @edprep.in 20

@Pardita The deadlines for most of the schools lies between Dec end to mid Jan. Given that one would take at least 4-6 weeks to create a good app, you should aim to take GMAT latest by Oct end. Although you should get over with tests as early as possible. That will leave you time to research about b schools.

@Balajisekhar

Hi All,I want to give a shot for GMAT before this april 2014 and i am just confused where to start as i donno much about the GMAT and its pattern. Could someone guide me about the preparation strategy ?.. Also i have few questions popping in my mind:-1) I have 2 years experience in IT field. Will that be useful for my masters out of india?2) I wanna quit my job and pursue my mba in canada .. But is it worth to take such a big step right now?Please help me guys...

Hey dude,

your exp is enough to get an admission into MBA out side India. more over some of the universities gives admission without work exp also.but it all depends on ur profile. gmat is not at all difficult if you understand the test pattern.the following is the gmat pattern.

GMAT Test Section # of Questions Question Types Timing

Analytical Writing Assessment 1 Topic Analysis of Argument 30 Minutes

Integrated Reasoning 12 Questions Multi-Source Reasoning 30 minutes

Graphics Interpretation

Two-Two Part Analysis Table Analysiss

Quantitative 37 Questions Data Sufficiency

Problem Solving 75 Minutes

Verbal 41 Questions Reading Comprehension

Critical Reasoning Sentence Correction 75 Minutes

Total Exam Time 3h30minutes

since u all ready have 2 yrs of exp if u get 690+ u have a chance of getting the admission into good second level schools.but if u really want to get into a top school 730+ will put u in a safe zone.of course ,gmat is one of the compulsion to get into a good school.but your profile evaluation gives a complete idea.
still if you have any doubts mail me at ndkacs@

• 1 Like  
  • Thnx dude... 24 Jan '14.

Can anyone send me the contact number of ********? I have read they have only one centre in hyderabad but I found two CrackIsbs'- one in Ameerpet (managed by Nucleus group) and one in Kukatpally (managed by Dexterous review). Can someone tell which is real and the better one?

• 9 Comments
  • hi bala..all of them are same..nucleus is into pmp progra.... 17 Jan '14.
  • I meant Crack Isb btw.... 15 Jan '14.
leo_thestar
leo thestar @leo_thestar 5
hi bala..all of them are same..nucleus is into pmp programmes,where i took my pmp certification.dexterous review is into gre,toefl,ielts training..crack isb is exclusively for GMAT.their gmat training is now centralized at KUKATPALLY(only).here is their website address www.crcak isb.com.
Bala.k
Balamurali @Bala.k 1
I meant Crack Isb btw...

Hi All,I want to give a shot for GMAT before this april 2014 and i am just confused where to start as i donno much about the GMAT and its pattern. Could someone guide me about the preparation strategy ?.. Also i have few questions popping in my mind:-1) I have 2 years experience in IT field. Will that be useful for my masters out of india?2) I wanna quit my job and pursue my mba in canada .. But is it worth to take such a big step right now?Please help me guys...

• I have university of toronto and university of calgary in.... 15 Jan '14.
  • Do you have any list of universities (of Canada) on mind .... 15 Jan '14.
Balajisekhar
Balajisekhar @Balajisekhar 1
I have university of toronto and university of calgary in my mind..
kool_buddy
Do you have any list of universities (of Canada) on mind at the moment? Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

Just to give an introduction, my name is Sai Prasad. I am an ISB Graduate, from the C/O 2011 and i am based out of hyderabad and working for Deloitte.

Earlier last year, i became the first asian with a disability, to set foot on the antarctic continent. (http://www.facebook.com/Celebratinglife.Sai)

I also run my own venture 'Sahasra', that aims to raise funds as merit scholarships.

As part of my fundraising efforts, i am taking GMAT classes, that guarantee a score of 700+ on the exam in 1.5 months of preparation / 400 hours of effort. (or the fees is returned). So far, we have trained 150 students and the highest score is 760.

History:

Just to give a backdrop to the first three groups – we were a bunch of friends who wanted to be serious about GMAT preparation and wanted a real quality training. The egoist I am, I wanted to check, if my training can really make dreams come true. So, we picked 100 students of all score ranges (280 to 700) and trained them in a fun-filled, impactful way. You can enquire/verify the same with anyone in the batch on whether the training helped. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/gmatclasses/)

We have all our students, scoring 700+ in under 1.5 months of intense preparation. As part of our classes all the students who prepared under our sessions, took the test and scored 700+ will come and talk to you all as well. More on that later.

Coming to this fourth batch, I have the same single-point agenda.

Through a one-month training program, get everyone in the class a score of over 700/800.

What do I need from you all ?

1. Atleast 3-4 hours of committed effort everyday.

2. Book the exam date only when I say you are ready

3. Strong presence on email

4. Consistent efforts (500 hours of effort in all)

Financial commitment:

There is a financial commitment to the class. But i am not sure if i should advertise that here. Please feel free to email me or call me for the same.

If you score less than 700 though, the whole of money that you paid as fees will be returned. However, your score of over 700 is guaranteed subject to the following two conditions.

1. You will write the exam before April 15th or earlier.

2. You will book the exam date, only after I certify you to be ready for the exam (Parameters for my evaluation include atleast two 700 scores on GMAT Prep)

The financial commitment of refunding the money, does not hold valid:

a) If exam is taken after April 15th, 2014 or

b) If you do not prepare well or

c) If you score more than 700

I need to put in these conditions to shorten the batch size to about 15-20 students and make them serious towards taking the exam. I am looking forward to take only serious students, deliver results and use the fees as part of my fundraising efforts for several of my own ventures. A copy of my resume is attached for your reference.

Summary

I assure you quality and commitment. I want your effort. Together, we succeed. Please note that once you score above 700, we will also work on your essays and school list without further financial commitments.

So, incase you are still interested in taking this course – please go through following details.

Class Details:

1. Classes are on Thursday, Saturday & Sunday – Starting January 16th (Thursday).

2. Timings are from 7:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M.

3. Classes are in Madhapur.

Address:

Arrowsol Technologies,

2nd floor,

Adjacent Fun+Fit Studio,

D.No.1-90/2/g/1.

Plot 20,

On the main road,

Near Image Hospitals, Madhapur.

4. Course fees to be paid by beginning of class-3: January 23rd, Thursday (Via cheque / cash). First two classes are therefore free.

5. As of now, we have 10 registrations. We need to arrange for chairs in the room and I would really appreciate an email from you all with the following subject line - CONFIRMATION including financial commitment.

Once you give me the confirmation, I shall send you out the course plan and what can be expected in 100 hours of intense, fun-filled training.

Please find attached – what is also unique about our training and a tentative schedule to what can be expected further.

Looking forward to meeting you all and make dreams come true,

Thank you for the trust you showed,

With affectionate regards,

Sai Prasad Vishwanathan,

Cell +91 8106895503.

Email: SaiPrasadV.Gmat@gmail.com

• 3 Comments
  • Hi Sai I tried reaching you on phone & gmail , but seem.... 19 Jan '14.
  • Hi, I am interested in your program but can you please me.... 15 Jan '14.
hehaaawww
Rajat Singh @hehaaawww
Hi Sai
I tried reaching you on phone & gmail , but seems like your phone is off and for mail part ... i din't got any reply.
Pls revert back if possible as im willing to give GMAT & need guidance from a professional
kool_buddy
Hi, I am interested in your program but can you please message me back about what the financial commitment you are referring to? How much is the fee? and also "If you do not prepare well" phrase is a bit ambiguous. Can I attend the first 3 classes (or one of them) as demo classes without paying? Thank you.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

922 people follow this discussion.