About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@venom

Tags

GMAT aspirants at Hyderabad - Study Group

All GMATters at Hyderabad are invited to participate in this thread - An attempt to collectively pin the beast. This is another regular thread to club up the efforts of all Hyderabad junta aspiring to crack GMAT. I would appreciate if some Master ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 7 of 81   

Guys...Am planning to sit for GMAT sometime in Aug. which leaves me with 2 months time for preparation. Can someone please suggest any good approach to crack it big time....

• Join a classroom training if u can..else join a test seri.... 21 Aug '13.
  • FREE SC CLASSES: Contact(dkumar.gmat@gmail.com) me for fr.... 20 Jun '13.
vakya
vakya gosungari @vakya
Join a classroom training if u can..else join a test series program.. i have heard Career launhers test series(800score.com) is very accurate..good luck
gmatmotivator
D K @gmatmotivator 12

FREE SC CLASSES: Contact(dkumar.gmat@gmail.com) me for free SC essential grammar classes(2 classes for 1:30 hrs each). The candidate must know about the pattern of GMAT and types of questions asked in the exam. Following topics will be covered: 1. Sentence and its classifications, 2. Phrases and clauses, 3. Parts of speech, 4, Gerund and participles, 5. GMAT Active/Passive voice, 6. Verbs - Helping, Action, Linking; Transitive and intransitive, 7.Run on sentence/comma splice, Sentence Fragment, 8. Elliptical Constructions etc.

Hi Everybody,

Was looking for inputs on the 4Gmat study material on quants. I have started with Quants and was looking for reviews on the course ware material offerred by 4GMAT. I will be anyways doing OG and Manhattan. But apart from that, this course ware offerred by 4GMAT looked interesting..

Any pointers in this regard would be greatly helpful??

Vijay

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

GMAT Study group - Hyderabad - click the link

GMAT Study group - Hyderabad , this a no nonsense , fresh study group created in Hyderabad for GMAT.

We need to grow to make it better .

• FREE SC CLASSES: Contact(dkumar.gmat@gmail.com) me for fr.... 20 Jun '13.
  • if it grows and need help .. catch me. 20 Jun '13.
gmatmotivator
D K @gmatmotivator 12

FREE SC CLASSES: Contact(dkumar.gmat@gmail.com) me for free SC essential grammar classes(2 classes for 1:30 hrs each). The candidate must know about the pattern of GMAT and types of questions asked in the exam. Following topics will be covered: 1. Sentence and its classifications, 2. Phrases and clauses, 3. Parts of speech, 4, Gerund and participles, 5. GMAT Active/Passive voice, 6. Verbs - Helping, Action, Linking; Transitive and intransitive, 7.Run on sentence/comma splice, Sentence Fragment, 8. Elliptical Constructions etc.

hi all....im also preparing for gmat...im planning to give gmat by dec'13....is it right or will it be too late??? nyone else also giving gmat during that period??

• Right or late ... you will decide that. If you want to ma.... 20 Jun '13.
gmatmotivator
D K @gmatmotivator 12
Right or late ... you will decide that. If you want to matriculate in 2014 then it's late, if after 2014 then its ok to write in Dec. In case you plan to matriculate in 2014, you should be ready with your score by Nov end. You may need at least a month to draft your essays, LOR etc before Round 2 of most B-Schools. In case you are targeting ISB for 2014, you are still late

Hi All,

Just started with my GMAT preparation. Looking into the forum response, I have joined the crack isb institute today at Kukatpally. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the decision was right.

Will update after the weekend classes.
  • 12 Comments
  • Need to wait for a few more quant classes to give an upda.... 04 Jun '13.
  • Verbal classes are definitely good. 04 Jun '13.

Hi Just started my preparation. I have exactly 4 months duration and I can allot 4 hours a day on the week days and about 8hours on the week ends. This should be the same case with majority of the people here. Can you please help me understand if this time is sufficient to get the most coveted score 700

• 1 Like  
  • If go by planning and strategy than more than sufficient .... 20 Jun '13.
  • More than sufficient i would say !. 10 Jun '13.
gmatmotivator
D K @gmatmotivator 12
If go by planning and strategy than more than sufficient else I have seen ppl who are preparing for years and still preparing.

Hi People,

I am planning to prepare for GMAT, can anyone tell me more about some good intitutes in India accepting GMAT scores apart from ISB.

I have a work ex of 19 months in Infosys. Also please do share with me your insights on the courses offered by S.P Jain as i have heard a lot about them (especially the GMBA).

How much GMAT score is considered safe to get in considering my work ex and what other options do i have...TIA..

• 9 Comments
  • @aishwarya20. 29 May '13.
  • Hi Aishwarya, GMAT is not the only criteria to join a B s.... 29 May '13.
Naren90
Naren Datta @Naren90 2
Hi Aishwarya, GMAT is not the only criteria to join a B school. Actually its like a prerequisite. If at all your profile is damn good and competitive with the market standards im pretty sure your GMAT will be neglected. I mean they give it a less importance because you can cover it up with the profile you have. I have attended info sessions of few b schools and all of them say the same about GMAT. Its better, to be on a safer side, to give your best shot at GMAT. i mean anything above 700 would fetch you a good b school . and there is one more thing with ISB. They look for diversification in the class room. I mean they would like to accommodate students from different work ex background just to ensure that students interact among the peer group and learn more than what is taught in the class. Now the stats say 60 % of the applicants are Engineers and 30-40 % oof the applicants are from the IT industry. So there lies the competition. Try to take an edge over others and you are inn :).. hope this small info regarding the Bschool entries would help you.. even i started my preparation a week ago.

hai guys,
Is anyone looking for a group study option in secunderabad??

hi all,

1.when is the ideal time to book test dates.For writing on AUG 2013 if i book during july is that sufficient or shud i book earlier?
2.kindly suggest good books for Quant fundamentals apart from OG 13 and manhattan..still struggling with quant ..totally confused on how to study quants .
thanks in advance
  • hi axe,i guess sometimes slots would be busier if we wait.... 13 May '13.
leo_thestar
leo thestar @leo_thestar 5
hi axe,i guess sometimes slots would be busier if we wait till the last date ,especially if deadline is approching for applications.better book it earlier if ur attempt in august is inevitable

Hello All

I am Roshni from Chandigarh.
I have a constraint that I can't join coaching Institutes because my family is not allowing me to travel to prepare for GMAT.
I am very determined to score good.
Also a friend of mine told me that there are number of online coachings are provided.And he is enrolled with some wiziq.com course that is giving her ease of ONE 2 ONE sessions.

Private Lessons for GMAT

Please guide me on the same ASAP Because I have already wasted my time and don't want to do more .I need your expert advise whether to join this or not.

rolleyes
  • hi roshni, go through www.gmatclub.com and www.beatthegma.... 10 May '13.
  • hi roshini,. 10 May '13.
pavan.paone
pavan kumar manikanta @pavan.paone 36
hi roshni, go through www.gmatclub.com and www.beatthegmat.com, the mentioned 2 sites are good like pagalguy is for CAT and they are for GMAT.You can find many online training courses and also reviews about the courses.For non natives the best course is e-gmat.com course.

hi puys, I am planning to take e-gmat course ,anyone planning to take e-gmat course ,anyone willing to share ?

• 10 Comments
  • @leo_thestar hi dude,I have subscribed for verbal online .... 10 May '13.
  • hi pavan,which course did u prefer ?. 09 May '13.
pavan.paone
pavan kumar manikanta @pavan.paone 36
@leo_thestar hi dude,I have subscribed for verbal online course,If ur interested we can upgrade it to Verbal LIVE course

Hi Guys.
How about a meetup to disucss about GMAT? Listening to our peers will always instill confidence in us.

Please pour in your suggestions.

• 13 Comments
  • hi puys,whenz the meetup ?. 06 May '13.
  • from the last 10 days the  discussions is dry in this.. 29 Apr '13.
CAT 2012: 98.62

Which is the best institute for GMAT in Hyd? How many months of preparation does it require?
Thanks!

• 7 Comments
  • With 730 points, in which university did he get admission???. 03 May.
  • Guys try Manhattan Review Himayatnagar branch or Greenlan.... 03 May.
Rohith29
Rohith Reddy @Rohith29 129
With 730 points, in which university did he get admission???
Ammu18
Aditya Ammu @Ammu18 17
Guys try Manhattan Review Himayatnagar branch or Greenlands.! Ask where Nishin Sir is teaching, join there.

@meghana.kaushik

Hi frnds, i have been hearing a lot about verbal training at crack isb these days from my friends,collegues and some of you puys.they say its outstanding there but no one is talking abt quants training there ? probably because you guys r good at quants. i am very poor in maths.need a lot of basics,can i go to these people for quants even ?any nice book to help me out with basics because it has been ages since i touched maths.i think i have less time,donno what would i do

1. gmat training

2. quants training Skip

For basics, you can follow any coaching institute's material for CAT.

alternatively, you have a book "Quantum CAT" . you can follow this to grasp the basics and also has lots of good questions.

• 7 Comments
  • quantum CAT is a good book and Princeton review maths boo.... 19 Apr '13.
  • thanks ankit. 19 Apr '13.
CAT 2012: 98.62
komal.agarval
komal agarval @komal.agarval 8
quantum CAT is a good book and Princeton review maths book also helps  for beginner as it is divided into chapter wise basics. dont be panic meghana.better you start your preparation .it is not as daunting as you think.u feel comfortable once you start your practice. you can go to crack isb for maths even.they have very good expertise.liked it.time doesn't matter if you are committed enough.good luck

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

856 people follow this discussion.