About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@venom

Tags

GMAT aspirants at Hyderabad - Study Group

All GMATters at Hyderabad are invited to participate in this thread - An attempt to collectively pin the beast. This is another regular thread to club up the efforts of all Hyderabad junta aspiring to crack GMAT. I would appreciate if some Master ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 27 of 124   

@Pagladashu,

I am done with MBA, now want to do FPM or PHd

applied for iimb fpm and ISB fpm, would like to know about other best institutes offering same in HR and marketing.

Would like to do my phd, and get into academics.

thank you for the link

Lets get back on track everyone.. :)
So who all have started with their preps for the GMAT(before the pattern changes....)???
What are the problems faced so far?
and Who has started with what section?

Hey Guys peace out pls!
@PaaglaDashu: I understand, forget ur thread, focus back on prep...

@Neo2000:

Whoa there!! Rather than taking such an antagonistic attitude the easiest thing to do would have been to write on my wall or drop me a PM.

Dude u don't seem to read ur Wall, pls check ur Visitor messages where i posted my concerns at PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2011, GMAT, XAT, MAT - View Profile: Neo2000
If you then believe that you still needed a separate thread, all you had to do was tell me why and I would have opened up your thread and closed this one
Yes, I want our thread back and why on earth you think to close either of the thread? Its a social media, so let the users decide which thread to keep alive

Instead you've actually made slanderous allegations. And you've made yourself out to be a victim when in fact you aren't one.

Since this is a MBA prep forum, don't u know the users/customers can never be "Victims", its always the service providers who get victimized. Market always has options!

I believe most people in this section are professionals. Thus, I have expected you to think a little more calmly and act in a more appropriate manner rather than the melodramatics you have displayed.

yes they are (with significant work ex in most cases), so they might be tolerant with unprofessionalism, but showing attitudes after that, no way!

Remember - Ask First, React Next.

Egzactly! This is for u. BTW its waste of time for me, for u why bother moderation where its not really called for? Peace!
Quote:
@ Haritha

Hi ,
First of all Welcome to Pagalguy .

Hi Suman,
How are you finding Princeton Madhapur center?? Any review plzzzz

Hey dude , I have just been to the introduction class . If you can wait for a week or two then i will surely give you a good feedback about Princeton . But up till now everything else is good and met some of the lectures and they are good too . At present i am pretty optimistic that it is good .

Thanks & Cheers
Suman Nageswar Rao
  • 1 Like  

As a creator of the thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-2012-study-group-hyderabad-25075814 I also felt at loss when the moderator Neo closed the thread without proper reason and as per the celebrated *rulebook* the thread didn't violate any policy. But I guess, we have to live with the fact that most of the PG moderators are not professionals and..... well, don't bother.

Whoa there!! Rather than taking such an antagonistic attitude the easiest thing to do would have been to write on my wall or drop me a PM. I would have told you then that the only reason I directed you to the new thread is because your thread didnt seem to have any traction whereas the thread I pointed you to seems to have more traction. If you then believe that you still needed a separate thread, all you had to do was tell me why and I would have opened up your thread and closed this one.

You have done nothing of the sort. Instead you've actually made slanderous allegations. And you've made yourself out to be a victim when in fact you aren't one.

I believe most people in this section are professionals. Thus, I have expected you to think a little more calmly and act in a more appropriate manner rather than the melodramatics you have displayed.

Remember - Ask First, React Next.

From my past experience, what I have learned is - what you have to learn is pretty clear.

Learn OG 12th edition, MGMAT SC , Powerscore CR bible, For reading comp. your own way of hacking the short and long passages based on your comprehending ability.

Just dont go thru OG, by trying to answer and to finish it very quickly. Spend considerable time on each question because you can learn atleast 2-5 new things in each question, its just that you have to spend some time on it and note them down properly. (OG maths I would say go for only harder problems and try to see the different video explanations for the quant OG. OG SC also try to learn them from some video explanations.)

Most of the people are good at quant in gmat upto a certain level, but since it is a long exam, you have to learn how to solve it quickly without stressing your self. If you are successful at this part , to a good extent your verbal will improve.

When the stress mounts, we start becoming passive readers in RC. Always make notes for RC's and you can hit atleast a 90% accuracy in RC's which is to a good extent the key to GMAT verbal. As for SC's and CR's I would say its basically practice. CR's also if possible go for taking notes for higher level questions.

ur target shuld be sc-1 min, cr, rc -1.5 min. First 15 questions and last 12 questions put proper effort. For the remaining questions I would say, you shouldnt spend too much time, but the first and the last sections, try to make them perfect.

At the end of the day, its god and our mindset that day!!!!

oops i dont know why it was * studded by the forum checker.. :|
newaz below is the site name again.. (please replace the * s with the following word:
Mod Edit: Please refrain from sharing sites that are blocked on PG. These sites are mostly blocked for unethical business practices.

@Vishwanath_Raju: What is this star-studded site buddy?

@ArpitaR12: As a creator of the thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-2012-study-group-hyderabad-25075814 I also felt at loss when the moderator Neo closed the thread without proper reason and as per the celebrated *rulebook* the thread didn't violate any policy. But I guess, we have to live with the fact that most of the PG moderators are not professionals and..... well, don't bother. We are here to study together and maximize our scores and helping others along the way...:) So you can pretty much get started with the material list suggested by Viswanath_Raju

@Akkumon: May be you can share some of ur GMAT exp (I don't mean question Mr Moderator if u r reading this) like which section is most tricky and time consuming while prep etc.

@pbindu: FPM/PhD program application deadlines are generally much later(4-5 months) after the regular MBA deadlines, so I guess u can still give MBA a shot, may be in 1st cycle (considering u r still deciding b/w the two)

• 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1058 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events