About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@sandy_itshot

Tags

Gmat 2011 - isb 2012-2013

Hi All, People who are taking GMAT this year, and planning to apply for 2012-13 session please share your knowledge in this thread... About me - Im from mumbai.. planning to take Gmat in June and may apply in R1. Exp 3.5 years, IT poo...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 147   

Hi,

I had PM you some enquiries regarding GMAT, please reply

Akshay

Hi,
I am a new enterant in this forum, and would like to ask for your feedback regarding my profile and chances of admission for 2012-2013 batch.
-GMAT score: 710
-experience: 3 years ( as on date )
-Industry: financial services (Big 4)
-class X: 90%
-class XII: 88%
-graduation: 84%
-Degree: B.E in electronics and communication
- extracurricular and acads: decent
I was concerned whether 710 is a border line score, and would it hamper my chances in geting into ISB.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

710 is a good enough score, provided you are strong in other areas that ISB looks for. I would suggest you start listing out how you want to position yourself in your applications. List down your strong points (your acads are one of them), achievements etc. Try to note down good stories from all that you have done in life thus far and for each story, note down what were the characteristics that you displayed that would help you get into ISB.

Look at how you have progressed at work thus far. Note down what skills are necessary in your job profile and whether you have exemplified those skills. The more good stories you have to write from work (team-work, leadership etc), the better your chances.

All the best!

Sawan

Hi,
I am a new enterant in this forum, and would like to ask for your feedback regarding my profile and chances of admission for 2012-2013 batch.
-GMAT score: 710
-experience: 3 years ( as on date )
-Industry: financial services (Big 4)
-class X: 90%
-class XII: 88%
-graduation: 84%
-Degree: B.E in electronics and communication
- extracurricular and acads: decent
I was concerned whether 710 is a border line score, and would it hamper my chances in geting into ISB.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Which is the one grammar book that I should look at for GMAT, is it wren and martin??

I do have a manahattan SC and CR and plan to buy the verbal OG as well, Do I really need to look for any grammar book? Please suggest.
Thanks

GMAT per se does not test all grammar concepts. luckily GMAT tests only few of them and this does not require you to go thru wren n martin. Manhattan SC/SC grail gives fair deal of GMAT SC concepts. once done spend ur precious time by going thru practise questions and forum discussions . shud give u fair enuf ammos to blast SC
  • 1 Like  
Hi...

How close is the princeton review test score to actual GMAT score??

depends on what your level of preparation is at the time of giving the princeton review test ... with the same level of preparation going into both tests i would say princeton review will give you a score in +/- 30 range of your GMAT score.

---------------------------------
Target : MBA admit for fall 2012
AbhishekISB Says
Thanks again there..

Dost, use the thanks button please, thats what its there for !!
  • 2 Likes  

Hi...

How close is the princeton review test score to actual GMAT score??

Which is the one grammar book that I should look at for GMAT, is it wren and martin??

I do have a manahattan SC and CR and plan to buy the verbal OG as well, Do I really need to look for any grammar book? Please suggest.
Thanks

sausi007 Says
I dont think u need to buy Powerscore CR, since u have the Manhattan one, they are quite similar (thats what i hear !)

Thanks again there..

I have already bought the OG and Manhattan SC and Manhattan CR, Planning to buy the Veral OG and Quant OG as I plan to brush up on the fundamentals before i take even the diagnostic test.

I dont think u need to buy Powerscore CR, since u have the Manhattan one, they are quite similar (thats what i hear !)

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

486 people follow this discussion.