About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@sandy_itshot

Tags

Gmat 2011 - isb 2012-2013

Hi All, People who are taking GMAT this year, and planning to apply for 2012-13 session please share your knowledge in this thread... About me - Im from mumbai.. planning to take Gmat in June and may apply in R1. Exp 3.5 years, IT poo...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 99   

hi all,

Is there any strategy to solve Logical reasoning questions.

The Essay topics for ISB 2012-13 are

Please detail, your two most significant achievements. These could be either professional or personal but relevant to your application to the ISB. (300 words max)

Where do you see yourself three years after you graduate from the ISB? (300 words max)

Please provide additional information, that will significantly affect the consideration of your application to the ISB. (300 words max)

• 1 Like  
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
subrata.dass Says
For GMAT I think it is better that one sticks to official material , such as OG than IMS . You can always use old CAT quant material from IMS/CL for GMAT , but for Verbal OG is the bible . Also you can buy Manhattan SC for the Sentence correction(Also that gives you access to their tests ) and Powerscore CR Bible for CR. But solving OG 10/11/12 versions is a must I would say in general for GMAT:cheerio:

For verbal, nothing is better than Manhattan and OG
Solve powerscore (CR) if you have time, or else OG should suffice

Drop in your queries about ISB /GMAT
will be glad to help

Vivek Sinha
ISB Co2012
I am giving GMAT on 6th June

-----------------------------
pyarapopat

what strtegy can be used to solve Logical reasoning question.
Hi Sandy,
I'm also planning to apply for ISB, and planned my gmat in august. My profile is Mech Engg from nit with percentage in sixties only, 7 yrs total work ex out of which 1 year is training tenure. experiance in manufacturing steel and aluminium. can u tell me what can be the probable score I should have for geting interview call from ISB. do you have some idea about corespondance course material of ims for gmat prep ...means good ...bad ...as dont have any coahing in my town.

For GMAT I think it is better that one sticks to official material , such as OG than IMS . You can always use old CAT quant material from IMS/CL for GMAT , but for Verbal OG is the bible . Also you can buy Manhattan SC for the Sentence correction(Also that gives you access to their tests ) and Powerscore CR Bible for CR. But solving OG 10/11/12 versions is a must I would say in general for GMAT:cheerio:

Hi Sandy,
I'm also planning to apply for ISB, and planned my gmat in august. My profile is Mech Engg from nit with percentage in sixties only, 7 yrs total work ex out of which 1 year is training tenure. experiance in manufacturing steel and aluminium. can u tell me what can be the probable score I should have for geting interview call from ISB. do you have some idea about corespondance course material of ims for gmat prep ...means good ...bad ...as dont have any coahing in my town.

The ISB application for R1 2012-13 has started .... it can be accessed at the ISB site . The deadlines for this year are as follows

-----------------------------Cycle 1----------------Cycle 2
Application Deadline----September 15, 2011----November 30, 2011
Offer Date-------------By November 15, 2011----By February 15, 2012

Acceptance Date15 days from the date of the offer15 days from the date of the offer

• 1 Like  

Hello ISB aspirants
Count me in. My GMAT appointment is on 8th aug .Will be applying for ISB, 2012-2013 batch in R2.Right now concentrating only on GMAT.Looking for a study partner.
My profile is:
Will 've 2.5 yrs of work ex by apr 2012.
1.Junior manager in Steel Authority of India(SAIL), PSU -apr 2010-present
2.Cognizant Technology Solutions, MNC-nov 2009-mar 2010
3. Lecturer & Project guide in NIT -may 2009- oct, 2009
B.tech EEE, CGPA 8.5 , descent acads
Good ECs, descent SW
USPs:Leading a R&D; team of electrical engineers which has built 3 prototypes of a product which we want to introduce into d market by starting our own venture;Successfully lead 6 elctrical projects;Brief stint as a head of a hardware training company

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this GMAT structure.
Total work exp in IT 3.5 years ( 6 months onsite experience).

I have accumulated the books as suggested by you.
Please let me know what should be an ideal score to target ?
Is any specific coaching necessary ?

Thanks
Anirban

Dude, from where canwe get al those supplements?? is it there in mba.com

or do v need to buy somewhere??

You can buy them from mba.com....or any local book store or even flipkart
  • 1 Like  
Anyways..once your OG 10 is down, move to OG 11 and then OG 12, and then u can refer to Official GMAT quant and verbal supplements (also from GMAT team..) if u really want to..

This shall really help you...: All the best ..:cheerio:

Dude, from where canwe get al those supplements?? is it there in mba.com

or do v need to buy somewhere??

dude.... Nice to see your post.. its really helpful... will PM definitely for some clarifications.

Regards

congrats for such a great score.
can you please share your strategies and material used.
thanks

Here is the link to my GMAT Debrief:http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-730-q49-v-40-gmat-the-cat-way-25065770/2705908
  • 1 Like  

More than the number of words one writes ..it is the presentation of the essay that counts ...a well written essay is usually divided into a few paras with an intro a conclusion and a few examples interspersed ...I found the chineseburned AWA guide in the gmatclub forum quite useful . one can search for it in google , though this is purely my own opinion :cheerio:

Can anyone suggest from experience what is the number of words one should shoot for in an AWA essay ?

-----------------------------------------
http://pyarapopat.wordpress.com

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

486 people follow this discussion.