About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@sandy_itshot

Tags

Gmat 2011 - isb 2012-2013

Hi All, People who are taking GMAT this year, and planning to apply for 2012-13 session please share your knowledge in this thread... About me - Im from mumbai.. planning to take Gmat in June and may apply in R1. Exp 3.5 years, IT poo...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 99   

Anybody from calcutta or bhopal....preparing for GMAT....

ISB Alum,
Planning to apply for ISB 2013 program.
Sharing my profile below pls provide your inputs on the chances of getting shortlisted for ISB 2013
Xth - 82.3%
XIIth - 72%
BHM - 72.1%
GMAT - 580 (2009)

Work Experience - Currently working as Head of Food & Beverage for a reputed Indian Hotel Chain. 11 Yrs of managerial experience in Hospitality Industry with 5 yrs of international experience.
Should I apply with the old score or take a fresh GMAT.
Regards... NKC
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Guys I am struggling big time on sentence correction.....HELPPPPPPP!!!!

Hi All,

I want to do MBA from ISB just like you guys. My profile is as follows:

Software engineer with 2 years experience (no onsite)
10th-84%
12th-66%
B.Tech-64%

In between I also have two years gap in studies before my graduation.

I know this isn't a great profile. So, I would like to have your suggestions about the score needed in GMAT for my profile/ or should I wait few more years and increase my experience etc to gain a good profile for ISB.

I am quite a novice in MBA preparation. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Ankur

Hi,

by E-MBA you mean Executive MBA? If yes, are you looking it for yourself?
Please be informed that Executive MBA have a pre-requisite of a certain minimum number of work-ex. ISB - 10 Years, IIMs it varies, some have age limit of 27 and above and some look for 7 years of work-ex...
Executive MBA | Admission Dates 2011

Cheers
Prashant

@Prashant

Hey Thank you buddy, that was a typo or rather, I meant E-MBA meaning one year PG programs in MBA from B-schools accepting my work-exp.

Also, The link which you have posted had lot of info. Thank you.

Cheers
'V
Senior Puys/ISB experts - Pls help me .
Planning to apply for ISB 2013 program.
Sharing my profile below pls provide your inputs on the chances of getting shortlisted for ISB 2013
Xth - 85.8%
XIIth - 79%
BCA - 72.1%
MBA(Finance) - 72.8% (From a mediocre institute)
Work Experience - Currently working as Business Analyst/Domain Consultant with Wipro Technologies in Securities & Capital Markets domain. Have been with Wipro for 4.5 years with overall experience of 6 years (Post MBA).
Extra Curricular Activities Not really that great to mention
Planning to give GMAT in early 2012 and expecting a good score.
1) As already having an MBA, does it hamper my prospects in getting shortlisted for ISB? Im well prepared to substantiate my view with valid data points.
2) OR Would it be worthful pursuing fulltime PGDM from IIMs ?
Regards,
Muni
  • 1 Like  

Hi,

by E-MBA you mean Executive MBA? If yes, are you looking it for yourself?
Please be informed that Executive MBA have a pre-requisite of a certain minimum number of work-ex. ISB - 10 Years, IIMs it varies, some have age limit of 27 and above and some look for 7 years of work-ex...
Executive MBA | Admission Dates 2011

Cheers
Prashant

Hello All,

May be not too late.. I am new this forum.. My name is Venkata, with 3years of IT experience, avg acads , Masters from IIIT-H . Aiming for ISB, Just before booked a slot for GMAT on Aug 8th. My prep kicked of with OG 11 & 12 . Manhattan Reviews and Princeton review..

Also, Can you help me with where I could get the list of E-MBA's offering B-schools in India and their rankings, I tried goog but could only find, 2008-2007 results. Any help or guidance is highly appreciated.

All the best for your Prep..

'V

:pHi All ,

Can anyone please provide me the site/location where i can get some prep tests for Gmat(latest ones)

Thanks in advance
Ashish

Hi All..I am a reapplicant..am planning to apply in first round this year. have a query about this year's essays.

When my application will be evaluated, will the evaluator have access to my previous year's application as well. The reason I ask this is that the 2nd essay about career goal is similar to last years essay (just that we have to write about only our short term goal). So, can I use the same essay and language with necessary modifications or should I start afresh?

Thanks
sachin

HI All,

I need your help. I need help on study material for Verbal section of GMAT. Please can someone provide me the copies of the study material for verbal section.

I am looking for breakthrough results and targeting 750+ score in GMAT.

Please hep.

Thanks,

Ayush Singh

Hello All,

May be not too late.. I am new this forum.. My name is Venkata, with 3years of IT experience, avg acads , Masters from IIIT-H . Aiming for ISB, Just before booked a slot for GMAT on Aug 8th. My prep kicked of with OG 11 & 12 . Manhattan Reviews and Princeton review..

Also, Can you help me with where I could get the list of E-MBA's offering B-schools in India and their rankings, I tried goog but could only find, 2008-2007 results. Any help or guidance is highly appreciated.

All the best for your Prep..

'V

I have the CR book you are looking for

Does anyone here have the 1000CR book .I guess it is for LSAT prep.

Could you guys please let me know.
I will PM you my email id to get the book then.

thnx in advance...

Season 11 :- CAT -98.73 CALLS :- IIM B,I,S,RRRTUK,MDI,NITIE,SPJIMR Converts:-MDI,IIM S,RRTUK,NITIE  

Hi Lovekesh
My answers are inline:

Thanks Prashant. That was helpful.
Actually I want to move more into the business development area. Though I think 2 yr course is a better option in case I want to switch my career. But generally asking does it matter? Or do the recruitment companies after MBA prefer to have someone with his experienced field only (like in my case IT companies)?
Please note my previous comment was very specific to Kellogg and I came to that conclusion after interacting with a student from 1-yr program at Kellogg.
An MBA (1/2 year) will help you change industry or function. With respect to your question on recruitment: People with experience in the role offered or coming from the same industry do have an upper hand, but you can always make up for it by utilizing your 1/2 years at school (getting involved with right clubs, internships, live projects etc)

This bring me to another question? 690 score with my kind of profile..what all schools with one yr course only I can realistically aim for (if I leave out ISB)? My finances would also be a consideration and hence can't afford too big a loan. So looking for institutes with pretty decent returns.
I am not sure of other options but ISB & INSEAD are viable options for your profile and your current score.
Remember an application is viewed as a complete package where GMAT though an important one, is still one of the many components. Your score is not great but it is still in the competitive pool... Your essays, work-ex, previous acads, ECA are other important parts of your application. Also remember the 80% median range is 670-750 which means there are 10% people below 670.

Thanks,
Lovekesh

Cheers
Prashant
Hi Lovekesh,

My answers are inline

Cheers
Prashant Gupta
----------------
ISB Co2012
----------------

Thanks Prashant. That was helpful.

Actually I want to move more into the business development area. Though I think 2 yr course is a better option in case I want to switch my career. But generally asking does it matter? Or do the recruitment companies after MBA prefer to have someone with his experienced field only (like in my case IT companies)?

This bring me to another question? 690 score with my kind of profile..what all schools with one yr course only I can realistically aim for (if I leave out ISB)? My finances would also be a consideration and hence can't afford too big a loan. So looking for institutes with pretty decent returns.

Thanks,
Lovekesh

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

486 people follow this discussion.