GIM GD/PI Discussions 2012-2014

CONGRATULATIONS to all candidates who have got the call for GD/PI for Goa Institute of Management for the 2012-2014 season. I would request all call getters to direct all their queries here. Before posting a query please give the following details...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 49 of 136   

Is there any specific amount of seats for sports quote or this is just to giv a call to the candidates and final selection will b on the basis of Score n GD PI performnce?

Old Goa : 25 Km
Panajim : 32 Km
Mapusa : 30 Km
Bagha Beach : 39 Km
Colongute Beach : 39 Km
Anjuna Beach : 40 Km
Curlies : 39 Km
Chapora Fort : 41 Km
Arambol Beach : 47 Km

Airport : 55 Km
Madgao : 52 Km
Colva Beach : 50 Km
Palolem Beach : 87 Km
Vasco : 70 Km

Hope this helps.

Serenity : 0 km
Peace : 0 km
Life : 0 km

This is all that i felt when i visited the campus
  • 10 Likes  
LIVE CHAT with ex- Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi

Ask all about Post-CAT results in a LIVE CHAT on 

26th December 2014 at 8.30pm with  Dr. Himanshu Rai, CAT 2010 Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi.‚Äč

Participate Now

-Full time post graduate program in business

-Faculty from SDA Bocconi, Italy 

-Dual Campus Mumbai and Milan

-2014 Avg. CTC 10 Lakh p.a

- Merit Based Tuition Fee Waiver 

Download Placement Stats
hi guys,
any info about when is final list expected to come out ?

1. Final list is expected by Mid-April.

2. It might come early if and only if CMAT Procedures are done quickly.

3. We will keep updating on the same as and when we get any info.
AVINASH JHA || Goa Institute of Management || 2011-13 || Admin Head, Cathedral Vidya School, Lonavala

hi guys,

any info about when is final list expected to come out ?

Yeah..I know but couldn't get 2 back to back vacations from office....Anyways, Thanks a lot Amit.
By the way...any idea, how long does the proceedings happen? Is there a chance that I will be free around 4PM?

GD will start at around 1:30

It takes some 30 minutes for GD and write up to get over.
After that each candidate is interviewed individually. If you are among the first few, you may get free by 3 p.m also. But if you are among the last few, it may stretch upto 5 or 5:30 p.m. In that case, there might be a problem. But hope things finish fast for you.

We will try from our side to help you out. But we cannot guarantee anything. All the best.
  • 2 Likes  
gachh Says
How far is campus from the beaches and other places of tourism?

Old Goa : 25 Km
Panajim : 32 Km
Mapusa : 30 Km
Bagha Beach : 39 Km
Colongute Beach : 39 Km
Anjuna Beach : 40 Km
Curlies : 39 Km
Chapora Fort : 41 Km
Arambol Beach : 47 Km

Airport : 55 Km
Madgao : 52 Km
Colva Beach : 50 Km
Palolem Beach : 87 Km
Vasco : 70 Km

Hope this helps.
  • 10 Likes  
You should have kept some buffer time as Airport is quite far away from this place. It is some 55 Km from here.

Anyways now that you have done it, do request the panel when the interview starts. It's on them to take a decision.

Also, book a cab in advance so that you can quickly rush as soon as the interview gets over. All the best.

Yeah..I know but couldn't get 2 back to back vacations from office....Anyways, Thanks a lot Amit.

By the way...any idea, how long does the proceedings happen? Is there a chance that I will be free around 4PM?

How far is campus from the beaches and other places of tourism?

deepakbansal Says
Hi...my GDPI is tomm @ 1:30 and my return flight is at 6:30 pm. Will they entertain my request if I request them to do away with my interview early?

You should have kept some buffer time as Airport is quite far away from this place. It is some 55 Km from here.

Anyways now that you have done it, do request the panel when the interview starts. It's on them to take a decision.

Also, book a cab in advance so that you can quickly rush as soon as the interview gets over. All the best.
  • 3 Likes  

Hi...my GDPI is tomm @ 1:30 and my return flight is at 6:30 pm. Will they entertain my request if I request them to do away with my interview early?

hi avinash,
at the time of rescheduling the gdpi date, i was told that the thr wud only be one slot for gdpi...
ie 8.30 am...i'll reach goa... tmrw morning at 6... so will the management allow me to enter the campus around 8-9 am???
also... is it confirmed that thr wont be any gdpi tmrw at 8.30??
regards

As told by Avinash, 8:30 slot has been shifted to 1:30. And you can come to campus whenever you want. You can have your breakfast/lunch here and then get ready for the battle. It's a nice campus to see.
  • 5 Likes  
my experience ...........

GD :- the topic was whether there shd be segregation of the hostel on the bases of hostel or not....

started with shouting from almost all the members ..... all were taking for co-ed hostels still it was fish market..... so i waited for 3 min than thought lets speak against everyone and bringout there opinion for the otherside too....than the whole gd was me against everyone.... so i made lot of entries .... panelist 1 pointed at me and said something to panelist 2 ( dont know whether it was good or bad) overall i was satisfied with my performace

PI :- sorry to say tht but dont know it was a b-school interview or they were interviewing me as i was going to marry their daughter...

questions asked were like do u smoke?? do u drink?? wht about tobacco?? will u work with companies which are related to this industry?? will u marry 2 girls?? wht abt extramarital affair?? so u r patel how much dowry u need?? so do u think dowry is good?? do dowry and love go together?? ( i was thinking wht is this yaar m bored let me go i dont want to marry ur daughter ...... reject me for gim but stop this interview now)

dude...move it to right thread
  • 3 Likes  

my experience ...........

GD :- the topic was whether there shd be segregation of the hostel on the bases of hostel or not....

started with shouting from almost all the members ..... all were taking for co-ed hostels still it was fish market..... so i waited for 3 min than thought lets speak against everyone and bringout there opinion for the otherside too....than the whole gd was me against everyone.... so i made lot of entries .... panelist 1 pointed at me and said something to panelist 2 ( dont know whether it was good or bad) overall i was satisfied with my performace

PI :- sorry to say tht but dont know it was a b-school interview or they were interviewing me as i was going to marry their daughter...

questions asked were like do u smoke?? do u drink?? wht about tobacco?? will u work with companies which are related to this industry?? will u marry 2 girls?? wht abt extramarital affair?? so u r patel how much dowry u need?? so do u think dowry is good?? do dowry and love go together?? ( i was thinking wht is this yaar m bored let me go i dont want to marry ur daughter ...... reject me for gim but stop this interview now)

• 1 Like  
UPDATE :

Those having GD/PI at GIM Campus on 5th/6th March,

1. There were 2 slots earlier on both the days, 8:30 am and 1:30 pm.

2. But there were only 2 or 3 requests for 8:30 am slot for both the days. So GD was not possible to conduct for only 2 or 3 candidates.

3. So it has been decided that there will be only one slot i,e 1:30 pm on both the days.

4. So the candidates concerned may note it and change their itinerary accordingly.
  • 6 Likes  
AVINASH JHA || Goa Institute of Management || 2011-13 || Admin Head, Cathedral Vidya School, Lonavala
prjain Says
For 50% weightage, how will the scores for XaT and Cmat be normalised?

CMAT is being considered for the first time. So we also don't know anything about the method of normalisation that will be followed for converting CMAT score. But be rest assured that student won't be suffering if he/she has a better CMAT score and due consideration will be given to it.
  • 3 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

378 people follow this discussion.