Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

GIM GD/PI Discussions 2012-2014

CONGRATULATIONS to all candidates who have got the call for GD/PI for Goa Institute of Management for the 2012-2014 season. I would request all call getters to direct all their queries here. Before posting a query please give the following details...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 49 of 203   
Hi Avinash
For XAT, 15%ile is lowered from the cut offs for Goans not Non-Goans.

Secondly would like to know if cutoffs are based on score or rank , how would 15 percentile relaxation be given to Goans???

Please elaborate..

1. What i meant in my statement was that whatever is the cut off for Non-Goans, from that 15%ile is lowered. And you also are right that this lowering is done for Goans.

2. Since it is for the first time that GIM is taking CMAT Scores, even we are not sure of how it is going to be done. But then since Ranks have been provided, the same can be converted to %ile. And then corresponding Rank can be found out for Goans at which %ile is lowered by 15 points.

3. Hope it is clear now.
AVINASH JHA || Goa Institute of Management || 2011-13 || Admin Head, Cathedral Vidya School, Lonavala
1. For XAT, 15%ile is lowered from the cut offs for Non-Goans.

2. We are not sure how it will be done for CMAT as we have scores and rank in CMAT.

3. Will try to get info on this and then let you know.

Hi Avinash
For XAT, 15%ile is lowered from the cut offs for Goans not Non-Goans.

Secondly would like to know if cutoffs are based on score or rank , how would 15 percentile relaxation be given to Goans???

Please elaborate..
Hi Avinash,
Can u update me the status for Govt recognised achievement which i had pm you last week?
Awaiting your reply....

Hey,

It's very tough now that it will be considered. Even though I have requested them to consider.

Would get the response in a day or two. Will let you know.
AVINASH JHA || Goa Institute of Management || 2011-13 || Admin Head, Cathedral Vidya School, Lonavala
abhilovespg Says
my cmat score is 152. rank -10,305 . any changes of getting a call from GIM ?

Please refrain from asking such questions. CMAT was held for the first time so no one has any idea. If you have filled up the form just wait. Results can be out anytime. Anyways CMATking has predicted the cut off as 199-196. Keep your fingers crossed
  • 1 Like  

my cmat score is 152. rank -10,305 . any changes of getting a call from GIM ?

Hi Avinash,

Can u update me the status for Govt recognised achievement which i had pm you last week?

Awaiting your reply....

carzy goan Says
what is d expected cutoff rank for goan candidates under cmat????

1. For XAT, 15%ile is lowered from the cut offs for Non-Goans.

2. We are not sure how it will be done for CMAT as we have scores and rank in CMAT.

3. Will try to get info on this and then let you know.
Good Analytical Skills... :):)

But this is not going to be the case in my view.:nono::nono:

And that is the reason why these things are not shared.. :-P

Actually these 550 might include many applicants who applied through XAT as well. And many of them might have already got calls via XAT...

Now again we have no idea about how many such candidates are there.

So I would only request you all not to think much and wait for the shortlist. All the best guys.... !!

I know.. but empty mind is devils home

so, i was just trying to do an analysis.
seems that more 5-6 days wil lead 2 a conclusion, how many called
  • 1 Like  
Goa Institute of Management (2012-14 Batch)
XAT 1600 called out of 6950
6950/1600=4.34
now, 550/4.34=126 :biggrin:
does that mean that 126 will be called by CMAT??? :nono:

Good Analytical Skills... :):)

But this is not going to be the case in my view.:nono::nono:

And that is the reason why these things are not shared.. :-P

Actually these 550 might include many applicants who applied through XAT as well. And many of them might have already got calls via XAT...

Now again we have no idea about how many such candidates are there.

So I would only request you all not to think much and wait for the shortlist. All the best guys.... !!
Total no. of applicants to gim this yr is 7500..

Xat - 6950
Cmat - 550

Hope it helps....!!

XAT 1600 called out of 6950

6950/1600=4.34

now, 550/4.34=126 :biggrin:

does that mean that 126 will be called by CMAT??? :nono:
Goa Institute of Management (2012-14 Batch)

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

378 people follow this discussion.