About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Oxymoron

Tags

For Newbies: The HitchHiker's Guide To The Pagalguy.com superway

For Newbies: The HitchHiker's Guide To The Pagalguy.com superway \---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This primer is primarily meant for the newbies,old-but-still-not-comfortable,very-old...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 3 of 5   

Hey guys...

I have a query though m nt very sure that whether this is the right thread for it or not so pls forgive me in case u find it to be wierd.....
How can one stop some one from posting (block) a particular user on the thread which started by him?

let me make it simpler...
Mr. A started one thread....Mr. B posted something against the general interest of that thread.... NOw since "A" started that thread, can he block "B" from posting on that thread? and also can he delete any posts by "B" on that thread?....

pls reply asap!
thanks..

hi
all

i just logged into this

iam an MBA from B school and working with a Infrastructure company as a mangement trainee(hr) from one year.Iam planning to take Gmat Next year with solid 2 years experience.and iam about to start ,for it so can you please give the neccesary input .frankly saying iam zero at information on gmat.so please become a virtual teachers guides etc and make me come out of good colours in life.
looking for great reponse fro you

satya vegi
:wow:

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

@andy4u

when u login, is there a checkbox saying 'Remember Me'. if yes, pls ensure its checked and then try

There is this silly problem I have often faced.When i am posting a reply in any thread,it takes me some time to write the entire post.now,when i submit my post,i am asked to login again.When i do so,mostly all my hard work is gone(i.e. i"ll have to rewrite all that).Seldom,is the reply actually posted in the thread even after re-login.Hence,now i 1st have to write my reply in a notepad an keep a back-up.
May be there is some session time-out happening here,i wonder if that time-out period is very low(but i don't think it is so).But,what i am certain of is that i've faced this problem a lot many times and that too when i've used different systems.

thanks doston.
job done!

can i get to know how u guys add those link stuff.
the ones which lead directly to ur favored blogs /websites
along wid ur signature on pg.

plz help,will lessen my burden a bit to open oft
pages .

can any bdy plz tell that if i had started a new thread & i want to post the link to this new thread in my post on some other thread how can i do that?

how can i set my fonts n change them to bold letters or italacize them???
i tried th icons on top of th message box bt nothing changes...
i really dont know y. is it got something to do with how many posts u ve posted i.e as i m a newbie so i cannot use these features.....
also is the signature size limited to 350 chars only or it gradually increases with th degree of pagalpan??

To make bold and italicise some text, select the text and use the shortcuts ctrl+b for bold and ctrl+i for italics. The effect can be seen only after you de-select the selected text.

how can i set my fonts n change them to bold letters or italacize them???
i tried th icons on top of th message box bt nothing changes...
i really dont know y. is it got something to do with how many posts u ve posted i.e as i m a newbie so i cannot use these features.....
also is the signature size limited to 350 chars only or it gradually increases with th degree of pagalpan??

cool_manav Says
hi dere. plz guide me how can i start a new thread & how can i make contacts with pgs

starting a new thread is simple
just go to ur user cp and there click on new thread.
but i wld like to add that open threads which u think will add value.
and u make contacts with fellow pgitites by clicking on their nick, a drop down wld appear there select send a private message.

hi dere. plz guide me how can i start a new thread & how can i make contacts with pgs

Hi..

Is there any way to change a thread's title started by yourself (me)? I can't find any tools for that.. I think that i still have a lot to learn about being a pagal..

Raj.

PM any of the Mods for the same with the thread link and stating a valid reason for renaming! :smile:

Hi..

Is there any way to change a thread's title started by yourself (me)? I can't find any tools for that.. I think that i still have a lot to learn about being a pagal..

Raj.

PaGaLGuY PaThaShAla

this shala consist of Head Master:-
pagalguy vbmenu_register("postmenu_94033", true);
Administratus Ignoramus

and the team goes like this
masters :-
MavericK vbmenu_register("postmenu_29447", true);
THE-GOD-MOD
uRmad vbmenu_register("postmenu_29139", true);
Mo-D'toR

Chandoo vbmenu_register("postmenu_29384", true);
~ spIcy MOD ~
Wayne vbmenu_register("postmenu_83517", true);
Super Moderator
TheAkshaT vbmenu_register("postmenu_83570", true);
The Moderator
reachmonil vbmenu_register("postmenu_369267", true);
~ MOD'SAURUS ~
Oxymoron vbmenu_register("postmenu_369967", true);
The G-MOD !

Masterni:-Simba vbmenu_register("postmenu_84488", true);
The W-MOD

Who Can Get Admission:- Any one from engineering to commers from agri to BSc.BA,BBA,BCOM,MBA,MBBS,............

DONATION :- u will have to pay ZERO bucks for getting in but once u get in and C campus,Labs,ground,auditorium,office,teachers, and meet other students here then u may donate from few bucks to millions of $ if u can.

Cources Available :- for now we have only one HOW TO BE PAGAL. also in between u will get guide lines for CAT.XAT,CET,SNAP,MAT........AND ALL MBA related exams.

Campus :- the campus is overcrouded with more than 52000 ppl so be careful while walking here if u make a simple mistake then will have pay for that.

u will find 70% engineering students here this ppls are here bcoz college provide them 24/7 free net and they love PG.

other 30% consists of :- BCOM,BSc,BA,MBA,MBBS,WORKING PPL,s/w engg,BPO working janta........

Haryali is here but quite hard to find bcoz of usernames u will never know that for long time to whome u talked girl/boy.

Campus also have more than 10 Hawaldars(MODS)they have eye on u(b careful).

few majnu,lovebirds,bungari,frasteted,berozgar,.........many more....
campus is of 3-4 type.

in CAT related section u will find ppl who only want to get gui"dance" for CAT.
in the RESOURCES there are real ppl who work only to prepare for CAT.
In ChitChat timepass janta (but this is the palce where real topics are discussed )

Shout Box :- get latest info about CAT from CAT takers or talk to the students who just came after giving a paper u can have interaction with students from Dream BSchools like IIMs and many more hiden things.

Cource Duration :-generaly the duration is of 1year but if ur not satisfied then can be for life time....

1 year plan(should join in Jan. of any year)

1st month :-check all class rooms (forums),c where u wanna go and if u dont know where to go then go here ------
all i wanated...
Preparation Agenda......
CAT material never think of starting any new thread bcoz mods are there to close these threads so just search PG.

2nd month now u can enter in all other forums u want.

3rd month now ur quite familier with PG now just Njoy PG and participate more and more with PG activities.

4th month form ur group make friendship with PG ppl and have deep interactions.

5th month ShoutBox is open u may go there,Chit-Chat,UR interests,touching lives ........

6th month ur senior now here onwards think about ur goals and make plans to get that.

here onwards u know where u wanna go so participate here...

cheers
well
i hope i get my query clarified here.
can someone tell me who the mods r,
r they employed or r they automatically made one depending on their posts.
also tell me what r the various posts that will make u into addict, harcore pagal, etc.
regards

buddy, ur answer surprises me.... u have already posted 195 posts and still u dont know abt it...... Well pagalguy a.k.a. is the admin..... the other mods are maverick a.k.a. anil, uRmad a.k.a. subbu, chandoo, monil, akhat, simba, wayne, zango and oxymoron a.k.a. girish

Well..... its pretty much voluntarily done and the site costs are borne by allwin, for da time being... Regd the posts.... just keep on browsing through the forum..... u will come across different posts on various topics.... The lunge is one where the non-acads stuff is present (mostly!)

Hope that will help u out....

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

60 people follow this discussion.