Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@coolbryan_love

Tags

Football Club -- Part Deux

Friends, Romans, countrymen :: .. As we all know that legendary Football Club thread is closed because it had more than 13K post :cheerio:(thats a PG record as far as I know) and might have caused some server issues therefore this is gonna b...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 802   

When you can replace ancelotti with Benitez , I really start believing

#ImpossibleisNothing

• 1 Like   20 Comments
  • @chelseaboy @navs.tauras i gotta say if there is one thin.... 01 Jun.
  • @akash.weartech mourinho was stubborn this season in ter.... 08 Jun.
akash.weartech
Akash Saxena @akash.weartech 6

@chelseaboy @navs.tauras i gotta say if there is one thing mourinho got wrong was the use of entire squad. during this term here, he looks a bit more stubborn with team selection. initially i got the point - if u want to win the title u need to put ur best team in. but it did have -ve effects too.Fabregas had a burnout and could not continue his form in 2015. Same was with the entire team which i felt lost considerable steam in the latter half of the campaign. Mou may need to trust his squad players a bit more. But bc we played all these in FA cup and got eliminated. Also, we have seen Chelsea rejects KDB and Salah perform well elsewhere. Schurrle was a 'super sub' for germany. Cuadrado is finding his feet. he comes across as a more direct player. Either he would adapt to chelsea or will be discarded. 

there have been numerous such players at chelsea. Paizon, Thorgan, Bamford, Atsu - All with their quality can be a part of any 6-20 ranked PL team and do well. bertrand did. Moses too has played well. But probably they wont have future at chelsea. We cant afford to lose. the stakes are too high. we are not a club who spend 100million on attack and they play a good part of the season with 2 reserve defenders (Paddy McNair and Blackett for UTD)

We dont rely on a youth prodigy to come mid season and solve our midfield issues (Arsenal - Coquelin)

And we surely dont replace players who cost us 30million (Markovic) with reserves (Ibe) or ask a young cdm (Can) to play as a fullback

Santosh18
@Santosh18 52

@akash.weartech  mourinho was stubborn this season in terms of squad rotation as his reputation was on line.he had won nothing in last 2 seasons.1 with chelseas and 1 with real madrid.so he did not want to risk even a single point..

Manchester United needs an experienced quality CB next season, In my view, Hummels if agrees to leave BVB will be best signing. what do you guys think ?

• 1 Like   4 Comments
  • I wouldn't mind if we didnt find a CB.It can be managed w.... 27 May.
  • Naah, CB is the need of hour, you can't win UCL with that.... 27 May.
Walkin' down the hall, by myself, smokin' a jay with fifty elves.  
Budokai001
Budokai 001 @Budokai001 1,717

I wouldn't mind if we didnt find a CB.It can be managed with Jones,Smalling,Blackett,Rojo,McNair.

RB signing is more important. We dont even have one player. Rafael out.Valencia not good 

navs.tauras
Naveen Singh @navs.tauras 33

Naah, CB is the need of hour, you can't win UCL with that defense. Last season we played only League and that's why we were successful in managing the crisis at the back !! 

Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store
  • 7 Comments
  • each other :grin:. 27 May.
  • No idea. I never follow football politics . Figo was stan.... 27 May.
Budokai001

No idea. I never follow football politics . Figo was standing for President but even he stepped down, God knows what happened behind the scenes for him to pull out. 

trolling at its best 

:D 

• 2 Likes   20 Comments
  • @boomboy bro am a die-hard Red Devil.. 28 May.
  • Hah. Sorry for calling you a bus supporter!! :wink:. 28 May.
rheetammitra
Rheetam Mitra @rheetammitra 305

@boomboy bro am a die-hard Red Devil.

boomboy
Puy_ Fawkes @boomboy 534

Hah. Sorry for calling you a bus supporter!!  

The REAL madrid problem

2003,Vicente del Bosque -> 3.5 years

Titles. Champions Leagues-2 ,La Liga titles - 2, European Super Cup-1 and a Club World Cup. 

Sacked 2 days after winning league

Reason given -> No Champions league win that year(seriously?)

Carlo Ancelotti

Season 1 -> Copa del Rey,Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Champions league La Decima !

Season 2 -> Nothing.Sacked immediately 

Ancelotti is one my my highest rated managers after his fantastic achievements with multiple clubs including creating the legendary AC Milan we all loved.  The club needs to know how to treat such managers.

I hate you Perez !!

• 3 Likes   3 Comments
  • motion "thirded" :stuck out tongue:. 27 May.
  • Ancelotti likes Madrid : (Ancelotti thanks RMA ,players,f.... 28 May.
| Football | Manchester United | Cristiano Ronaldo | PC Gaming | Formula 1 | Lotus | Scuderia Ferrari | Kimi Raikkonen | Books | 
Budokai001

Ancelotti likes Madrid : (Ancelotti thanks RMA ,players,fans)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2015/05/25/12089002/ancelotti-bears-no-grudge-after-real-sac...

Players loved Ancelotti except a brief fallout with Casillas last year(Players thank Ancelotti)http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2015/05/25/12093312/kroos-james-and-marcelo-lead-ancelotti-t...

Cut short by an arrogant Perez . 

and that's what kings deserve :drink:

• 5 Likes  
  • yes yes exactly. 25 May.

Farewell to the legends who will retire from top flight football . They will be missed :/ 

Steven Gerrard

Frank Lampard

Xavi Hernandez 

I hope England national team gets better , now that Gerrard and Lampard are out of picture. No Manager has ever succeeded in trying to play both these legends in England midfield. 

I'm not sure if we have seen the last of Didier Drogba . That was a fantastic sending off for him by his teammates, loved it  

• 4 Likes  
  • England Defi dont have players of Lampard and Gerrad Leve.... 25 May.
  • Maybe, but I'm happy though . A change was definitely nee.... 25 May.
| Football | Manchester United | Cristiano Ronaldo | PC Gaming | Formula 1 | Lotus | Scuderia Ferrari | Kimi Raikkonen | Books | 
chelseaboy
Ashis Kithania @chelseaboy 2,906

England Defi dont have players of Lampard and Gerrad Level for now, They were irreplacable

Budokai001

Maybe, but I'm happy though . A change was definitely needed for the lacklustre England international team. Lampard and Gerrard were just not good enough for England or maybe they were not played in the right positions. Hoping for Roy to put up a decent show.

To all those noobs who said Sterling is better than Walcott, I guess now you got your answer and RIP Liverpool hope FSG will sack Brenda...

• 2 Likes   5 Comments
  • Pathetic stuff by Liverpool yesterday , You just cant los.... 25 May.
  • Oh, so one match he scores a hat trick, and he is better .... 25 May.
Way too up to back down...  
Budokai001

Pathetic stuff by Liverpool yesterday , You just cant lose like that. I hope he gets fired but legends Gerrard and Carragher do support him. 

rats91
Ratish Ramachandran @rats91 240

Oh, so one match he scores a hat trick, and he is better than Sterling?

Even the most passionate Arsenal fans would agree that Walcott is extremely inconsistent and injury prone. 

He is wasted as a winger and his best performances have come when he has played as a striker. 

Sterling has age on his side. He is more of a complete player than Walcott. 

However, I would agree to the fact that it doesn't make sense for Wenger to sell Walcott and go for Sterling. That'd just be waste of money.

Premier League Relegation and finances .

Good read about the suddent shortage of funds due to relegation. 

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2015/05/22/11963842/hull-newcastle-prepare-for-50...

The cost of Premier League relegation - Goal.com
The cost of Premier League relegation - Goal.com
Tumbling out of the top flight can leave as much as a £60m hole in a struggling club's accounts - and a bumper new TV deal in 2016 will only make the fall more painful SPECIAL REPORT By Liam Twomey Follow on Twitter When Newcastle and Hull City take the field with Premier League survival in mind on Sunday they will be painfully aware that relegation brings with it more than just sporting consequences.

Goal.com

• 1 Like  

I am looking Fwd to Next season, Maybe Ars6nil needs another thrashing .. Perhaps we Can give them extra 4 players to start with, 2 to get pass our Bus and 2 To Guard there Main Gates so We dont End up with Scores Like 6-0 , 8-2 or 5-1 ...

• 2 Likes   3 Comments
  • Lol,But we should take them Seri coz like past 12 years t.... 22 May.
  • Perhaps this will clear the air a bit http://www.da.... 22 May.
invader2806
mohit jain @invader2806 95

Lol,But we should take them Seri coz like past 12 years they justneed a MF a striker a defender and a world class GK only to compete with other teams .

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

49874 people follow this discussion.