About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@coolbryan_love

Tags

Football Club -- Part Deux

Friends, Romans, countrymen :: .. As we all know that legendary Football Club thread is closed because it had more than 13K post :cheerio:(thats a PG record as far as I know) and might have caused some server issues therefore this is gonna b...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 792   
hahaha... cant stop laughing at arsenal..... so who is the next guest to our home..??? we r ready to welcm you.... better prepare well... mg
  • 3 Likes   81 Comments
  • Some of the guys making fun of Arsenal for not winning a .... 17 Dec '13.
  • @harshroy Etihad. Anfield pe aukaat hai koi kuch ukhaad l.... 17 Dec '13.
13 sess :-cat-86.xx,nmat-206,snap-81.. 14sess cat-88.68,snap-86.xx,nmat-209,xat-85.09 
conquerer1
vicky @conquerer1 2,940
Some of the guys making fun of Arsenal for not winning a trophy for 8 years do not see things in a proper perspective. Arsenal spent 550m pound for building a new stadium. 550m spend in 2005 could buy Zidane,Eto,Figo,Fat Ronaldo,Drogba,Terry,Rooney,CR7,Roberto Carlos,Pirlo, Casillas,Iniesta,Xavi and probably a few more. With those players in the squad, Barca,RM,BM,Juventus,Milan,Inter,United,Chelsea would not have got a sniff at any European trophy. Instead we chose to build a base which could provide sustainability to the club for centuries. Our transfer spend since 2005 until we bought Ozil was in negative i;e we got more money out of selling players than we invested for buying new ones. And yet we managed to stay in the top 4 in the most competitive league and contended for the EPL title for at least 3 times. Clubs like QPR,West Ham,Hull City spent more than us and got relegated a few times. United won trophies because they had the resources to spend 30m for a player. What was the plight of Chelsea and City before they were taken over by billionaires ?? Today, If Ambani takes over West Brom and invests 400m there to buy the top players, it is very likely they will start wining major trophies. Will that make West Brom a bigger club than Arsenal,Liverpool ?? Absolutely NO !!!! We have had our share of misery and now we are ready to take off. Our debts are manageable now and we can spend big on top players. And the money spent will be Arsenal' OWN money, not of a benefactor. Remember, If Al Monsour gets bored off his toy that is Man City, City will be left to fight for survival in the PL. They say, always look at the bigger picture. I do not like to boast but City and Chelsea will have to repeat their success for 3 to 4 decades before they even come close to the likes of United,Arsenal and Liverpool.
Chillmba
Ankush Singh @Chillmba 461
@harshroy Etihad. Anfield pe aukaat hai koi kuch ukhaad le iss season.

Hoping k Villareal beats Barca today...la liga bhi thodi interesting ho fir

• 1 Like   3 Comments
  • @Messy_19 pagla gaye ho kya..real played a draw wid osasuna. 14 Dec '13.
  • La Liga is interesting if you would look at the table! At.... 14 Dec '13.
nothing tastes like success
ishan14
ishan bindra @ishan14 371
@Messy_19 pagla gaye ho kya..real played a draw wid osasuna
Messy_19
Messy_19 @Messy_19 2,465
La Liga is interesting if you would look at the table! Atletico are right up there this time around and Madrid just lost to Osasuna. Yes admitted that the top three are way above the rest of the league, but then again Villareal were in Second division last season and are 5th this time around speaks volumes.

Guys CITY vs ARSENAL lined up;
what do you think will be the outcome??????
i think Arsenal would go for a draw but City will emerge victorious!!!

• 20 Comments
  • arsenal will hav an advantage i think...city aftr giving .... 13 Dec '13.
  • A City win wud be ideal for the title race to hot up...Co.... 13 Dec '13.
Life is not about how hard u can hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward!!!!
ishan14
arsenal will hav an advantage i think...city aftr giving everythng against bayern would be tired frm the away trip 2 munich whereas arsenal aftr loosing would want to make amends...my money on arsenal
SaiKriss
Sai Krishna @SaiKriss 568
A City win wud be ideal for the title race to hot up...Comin bak from 2 -0 to win a tie 3-2 at allianz arena aint child's play...Hope Pellegrini kicks some Arse

Man United should move in for Fred Guarin and William Carvalho, we can get both for around 35 million pounds and they look a good buy considering their track records and united's own CM.

• they should giv some more playing time to kagawa n fletch.... 13 Dec '13.
  • Strong rumours that united are considering sneijder , but.... 13 Dec '13.
ishan14
they should giv some more playing time to kagawa n fletcher is also recovering...n anderson young fellaini welbeck are all nt worth being at united...moreover i read today real might sell di maria...united should look at him...also they missed on gareth berry who joined on loan at everton he would hav also strengthened the squad...plus we havent seen muh of zaha n buttner also
Puneethrao
Puneeth Rao @Puneethrao 18
Strong rumours that united are considering sneijder , but I think at 31 he is not worth it!! Carvalho is a good buy , no clue about fred

hahaha... apun to select ho gaya... munchen dobara mat aana.... ... manc rules........ kaun ayega next bherne ke liye???

• 3 Likes   12 Comments
  • But have to say this.. Without Yaya, aguero, nasri, kompa.... 11 Dec '13.
  • Can't wait for next round draw!!!!! \m/. 11 Dec '13.
13 sess :-cat-86.xx,nmat-206,snap-81.. 14sess cat-88.68,snap-86.xx,nmat-209,xat-85.09 
harshroy
Except, this ain't my real name. @harshroy 661
But have to say this.. Without Yaya, aguero, nasri, kompany and negredo(for most part of the job), they did a commendable job.
harshroy
Except, this ain't my real name. @harshroy 661
Can't wait for next round draw!!!!! \m/

European night. :D
With 8 berths still left , do post your scores,predictions and favourites here.
P.S - I want Dortmund and Napoli through.

• 1 Like   7 Comments
  • tough, but i guess arsenal will go. 10 Dec '13.
  • Arsenal are 99 percent certain to get through to the next.... 10 Dec '13.
IIFT - D | Batch of 2014-16  
Sherjil
Sherjil Islam @Sherjil 6,487
tough, but i guess arsenal will go
conquerer1
vicky @conquerer1 2,940
Arsenal are 99 percent certain to get through to the next right. So sorry bro

Ballon d'Or is coming closer, so whose gonna bite the trophy!!!!!

• 11 Comments
  • koi bata sakta hai cristiano ronaldo kaun hai? never hear.... 12 Dec '13.
  • @harshroy \- As mentioned before, I don't actually like t.... 12 Dec '13.
kennethsingh
kenneth singh @kennethsingh 11,224
koi bata sakta hai cristiano ronaldo kaun hai? never heard of him.
Fidelis
Athena Skywalker @Fidelis 410
@harshroy - As mentioned before, I don't actually like that guy. But then again, I wasn't offered the choice of "Sir Iniesta" or "Sir Xavi" :rolleyes: :mg:

• 1 Like  
S[he] [be]lie[ve]d 

puys .. have a look at this .. I am waiting eagerly for the Indian Super Leage ...

EPL declares Indian Super League illegal, demands ban (though it's too much of exageration )

http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2013/11/04/epl-declares-indian-super-league-illegal-demands-ban/

Indian Super League-

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/indian-super-league/top-stories/Henry-Owen-may-play-in-IPL-style-Indian-football-league-next-year/articleshow/24451118.cms

• 1 Like  
why do we fall ?? => "So that we could learn to pick ourselves up again"  

So draw is done. Bad for England. Easy for Argentina and France.
Thoughts?
Also - Netherlands vs Spain. :O
And Germany vs Portugal.

• 2 Likes   11 Comments
  • @davidwatson1212 I thought so too, but now that I think a.... 06 Dec '13.
  • Germany v/s Portugal already :neutral:. 06 Dec '13.
IIFT - D | Batch of 2014-16  
Chillmba
Ankush Singh @Chillmba 461
@davidwatson1212 I thought so too, but now that I think about it again, Uruguay though a seeded team had come through playoffs and Italy beat England on penalties at Euro 2012. Also during Confeds , Uruguay and Italy played a high scoring game. Uruguay have the similar home conditions advantage, but I would still root for England to get through.
burnett
Chris Burnett @burnett 4,242
Germany v/s Portugal already :neutral:

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

14792 people follow this discussion.