SHOW

Fisher(Ohio State) Fall '10 Applicants

Dear All: This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the FISHER MBA starting FALL 2010. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful. i'll start with myself:- Profi... Read More »
Hi all,
I have a question. I have applied to Fisher but without TOFEL Score. Yesterday I requested for TOFEL waiver but I got a reply saying that only those countries where native language is English are exempt from TOFEL.
Following was my Tofel Request Mail:

I am requesting for TOFEL waiver. Please find the relevant information below:

(1) I have completed my under-graduation at a university where medium of instructions is English. My degree transcripts carry the information about medium of instruction.

(2) Formal language of written and verbal communication at my work place is English,where I regularly interact with my counterparts in United States.

I am using English language for last 11 years. In order to process my application, I request you to consider my request for TOFEL waiver.

Reply from adcom was not intending to waive off the TOFEL. Can anyone suggest what shall I do?

Please suggest me that may help me in getting TOFEL waiver .
My profile:
B.Tech NIT
GPA:7/10
Exp: 4 years at DELL
GMAT 720/4.5
abhishekarohi Says
hey Buddy....A hearty congrats to you.....its really fast to get an admit mail. If I am not wrong you filled up the form on 29-Oct-2010 Deadline.

Actually I filed like 5-6 weeks ebfore deadline.
International Management Institute, New Delhi

IMI-Delhi, ranked 9th by Business Today Survey 2014 and accredited with prestigious AMBA, SAQs and NBA, among various other accreditations; is inviting applications for PGDM, PGDHRM and PGDM-B&I for 2015-17 Batch.

Apply Now

Know more about Admissions 2015.

Download Now!
milestonesforab Says
Also STL927...do you any information approximately what percent of waitlist applicants do get the final admits ?

No idea. I was trying to find out this myself. -)
JFYI I just got an admit email from Fisher!

Let's continue the discussion in 2011 applicants topic:

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/58666-fisher-college-ohio-state-fall.html

hey Buddy....A hearty congrats to you.....its really fast to get an admit mail. If I am not wrong you filled up the form on 29-Oct-2010 Deadline.
  • 1 Like  

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/58666-fisher-college-ohio-state-fall.html

Also STL927...do you any information approximately what percent of waitlist applicants do get the final admits ?

Hey Congrats STL927 !!!
  • 1 Like  

Hey Guys,

I will filling up the form in the second round......need your inputs regarding the second essay of Fisher. I need to know how to formulate the same......means the objects they have demanded to prove my quality etc.

Regards
Abhishek Arohi

Abhishek, you can just pick two qualities from the list and write an essay on each, describing your experiences on the matter and showing examples.

As far as I understand you can also send objects instead of essays, e.g., a medal for winning a marathon could serve as example of endurance. -)
Hey Guys,

I will filling up the form in the second round......need your inputs regarding the second essay of Fisher. I need to know how to formulate the same......means the objects they have demanded to prove my quality etc.

Regards
Abhishek Arohi
CMU, johnson, ross. interviewed at first two.
yeah...besides ohio... cmu, cox..and purdue
What abt u ?
milestonesforab did you apply somewhere else in US?
@ STL927: 670GMAT/ 7 years of Managerial WE by 2011 in Steel Industry/ International Extra-Curriculars......
I am wondering if Ohio put me on waitlist only because of my gmat !!

milestonesforab, a GMAT is always only a part of teh application. IMO, it should be good enough to fit within your peer applicants pool but it's definitely not a single deciding factor. Work exp quality, recommendations, essays are as or more important.
STL927 Says
Can you guys share your profiles too, please?

@ STL927: 670GMAT/ 7 years of Managerial WE by 2011 in Steel Industry/ International Extra-Curriculars......
I am wondering if Ohio put me on waitlist only because of my gmat !!
milestonesforab Says
Thanks for info stl927....it would be good for us to know ur profile so that we can assess our chances..

Can you guys share your profiles too, please?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

42 people follow this discussion.