SHOW

Final Placements - Class of 2012

Hi All, Just saw the post regarding final placements of one of the fellow puys from 2012 batch, so it marks the beginning of Final Placements!! So, carrying forth the tradition, lets post the details on a dedicated thread !! Pleas... Read More »
dareyou Says
Can anyone make me aware the kind of salaries FMCG companies pay in the top B-schools and also the designations they offer and some details regarding the profiles

FMCG salaries usually vary from 12-18 lakhs. However I have seen people get 20 or more too in FMCG companies depending in the roles and their performances in case of internships.

Designations are brand manager( Or asst), sales manager (asst)

FMCG companies also recruit for roles other than marketing/sales like Corporate Finance, Operations and IT. So in those cases, the roles are a bit different.
  • 5 Likes  
There is no formula for success, except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life & what it brings
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Can anyone make me aware the kind of salaries FMCG companies pay in the top B-schools and also the designations they offer and some details regarding the profiles
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package : 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package : 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
I guess this is not the right thread! But seeing that this thread is almost dead and on the verge of being closed, I think I'll answer your query here itself.

All tech firms do not go to all B-schools. By the way by tech firms you mean where? IT? Manufacturing?

Range of pay depends on your current work exp, its relevance to role being offered after MBA, total years of exp, what position they recruit you in etc.

If its IT you mean (Assuming its IT because majority are from there only!!), then "only finance grad"? No. IT recruitment in Tier-I B-schools is mostly in Consultant profiles which can be in any domain viz. IT, Operations, Sales, Pre-Sales etc. In Tier-II B-schools they mostly offer Business Analyst profile which is again across domains. Its just that its lower level of what Consultant is!!

For Operations profiles, type of roles are very vast. It can be Ops Consulting, core manufacturing, Supply Chain etc. Depends on your educational background, the institute from where you do your MBA and the companies which visit there etc. Again for each institute the set will be different. Mostly for Ops profiles they prefer people with a Mechanical Engineering background!! I myself have specialized in Operations but then been rejected in core manufacturing, Supply Chain profiles saying I'm an IT guy (I worked in IT for 2.5yrs before MBA)!!!

So on the whole the gist is, I think the question you asked is very generic and answers depend on various factors like your profile/educational background and others factors few of which I explained above!! Maybe you want to make it more clear/specific.

thanx for your promt reply......by tech i mean electrical engg...n i m currently having 1.6 yrs exp in elec n 6 months in IT...wud prefer an electrical related job....

one more query i hv....

my wrk profile goes liek this ...

joined infy feb 2010....left july 2010...till august i was in infy payroll ............only offer letter n releiving letter available with me...........

joined a small iso consultant in sept.........wrked till mid oct....absolutely no proof...no joining letter....no releiving letter n no salary slip............

joined a project company in end nov..joining letter available..releiving letter available but no salary slip......
left 15 june...2011

joined another project comapny. on 16 june..joining letter n salary slip available.....

my query is...hw much wrk exp i can show..n what proof is required..fr d iso job in which i hv no proof what shall i do....

another ques...for lateral palcements.....on wat does package depends...does it at all depend on prev salary..cz right nw my gross is 16k...what kind of pay can i expect frm lateral placement.................will it b worth spending lacs on full time mba? plz suggest frm ur exp..............

another query is that i m frm a technical backgrnd n i like my job profile..its just fr moving up d corp ladder n better pay that i want to do an mba...........nw wat i want to knw..that amongst the recruiters in elite b-skuls.....what kind of package is given for operations specialization...n whats d job role given to them...would request you to reply asap..so that i can take d final call to take CAT or not.........
lopamudra0303 Says
nt sure if this is d right place to post.........but i want sme info abt placements in d elite b-skuls...............i m a tech grad...wrkign in d tech field............i luv my wrk..........but i m contemplating abt doing an mba fr moving up d corp ladder n better pay...............wud speciaise in operations..............considering that.............wud like to knw abt recruitments in tech firms...do they at all cme to b-skuls? range of pay fr tech firms...............do they recruit only finance grads? what kind of firms recruit operations managers n whats d job role?

I guess this is not the right thread! But seeing that this thread is almost dead and on the verge of being closed, I think I'll answer your query here itself.

All tech firms do not go to all B-schools. By the way by tech firms you mean where? IT? Manufacturing?

Range of pay depends on your current work exp, its relevance to role being offered after MBA, total years of exp, what position they recruit you in etc.

If its IT you mean (Assuming its IT because majority are from there only!!), then "only finance grad"? No. IT recruitment in Tier-I B-schools is mostly in Consultant profiles which can be in any domain viz. IT, Operations, Sales, Pre-Sales etc. In Tier-II B-schools they mostly offer Business Analyst profile which is again across domains. Its just that its lower level of what Consultant is!!

For Operations profiles, type of roles are very vast. It can be Ops Consulting, core manufacturing, Supply Chain etc. Depends on your educational background, the institute from where you do your MBA and the companies which visit there etc. Again for each institute the set will be different. Mostly for Ops profiles they prefer people with a Mechanical Engineering background!! I myself have specialized in Operations but then been rejected in core manufacturing, Supply Chain profiles saying I'm an IT guy (I worked in IT for 2.5yrs before MBA)!!!

So on the whole the gist is, I think the question you asked is very generic and answers depend on various factors like your profile/educational background and others factors few of which I explained above!! Maybe you want to make it more clear/specific.
  • 2 Likes  
You can DO/KNOW anything, but not everything!!
nt sure if this is d right place to post.........but i want sme info abt placements in d elite b-skuls...............i m a tech grad...wrkign in d tech field............i luv my wrk..........but i m contemplating abt doing an mba fr moving up d corp ladder n better pay...............wud speciaise in operations..............considering that.............wud like to knw abt recruitments in tech firms...do they at all cme to b-skuls? range of pay fr tech firms...............do they recruit only finance grads? what kind of firms recruit operations managers n whats d job role?
1. Company Name: ** Major IT giant
2. Location: Udaipur
3. Function: Territory Mangager
4. College Name: MBA Dept DCE (Delhi School of Management)
5. CTC: 14 lpa
6. PPO or campus recruitment: Campus
7. Previous work experience: QA (30 months)

:)
  • 8 Likes  
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
shekys Says
I feel we can discuss the joining dates for some time. For me it's June 4 in Mumbai.

Joining date and locations can be discussed here http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/life-b-school-b-school/54470-the-class-of-2012-a.html
  • 2 Likes  
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
I feel we can discuss the joining dates for some time. For me it's June 4 in Mumbai. Training for about 2 months followed by posting in a specific division of the company in either Mumbai or some other location. Having worked in Chennai, Bangalore and Pune before, Mumbai is going to be a totally new experience
  • 2 Likes  
It's been ages since my last post.. will try to get more active and help out to fellow puy's while I await my joining date :)

1. Company Name: Deloitte Consulting (Strategy & Operations)
2. Location: Gurgaon
3. Function: Consulting
4. Joining Date: 11th June
5. Institute Name: XLRI
6. CTC: 15 L + 1.43 L (Performance) + 2 L (Joining)
7. PPO or campus recruitment - Campus
8. Previous work experience:S/W Engineer at TCS (44 months)
9. Lateral Placement: Yes
10. Summers - L&T; Insurance - Finance & Strategy project
  • 43 Likes  
1. Company Name: Wipro Technologies
2. Location: Bangalore
3. Function: Pre-Sales Consultant
4. CTC (in case you wish to share ): Inhand component per month (70k - 75k per month post tax) will cover my entire MBA expenses in just 6 months
5. PPO or campus recruitment : Campus
6. Previous work experience:(profile,company and how long you worked): 23 months,in SAP consulting
7. Lateral Placement: Yes

congrats sir!!! ... great to see such figures.
  • 2 Likes  
Nitie 2012-14
1. Company Name: Cognizant Business Consulting
2. Location: Awaited
3. Function: Consulting
4. Joining Date: Awaited
5. Institute Name: IIFT
6. CTC: 12.25 lpa +75k (joining bonus)
8. Previous work experience:S/W Engineer at McAfee (34 months)
  • 44 Likes  
Time has come to post on this thread. So here it goes:

1. Company Name: An Indian IT Product Company ( Leader in its domain )
2. Location: Bangalore
3. Function: Product Management
4. Joining Date: April, 2012
5. Institute Name: IIM Bangalore
6. CTC: 15.5 LPA + 2 (Variable)
7. PPO or campus recruitment - PPO
8. Previous work experience: 46 months in IT, Strategy Consulting , Startup (In the same order)
9. Lateral Placement: No
  • 53 Likes  
As an Old Timer who started his MBA journey here - It culminated today so here are the details :)

1. Company Name: A Major Indian Telco
2. Location: Mumbai Hopefully
3. Function: Marketing/Branding
4. Joining Date: Well somewhere in the 1st quarter
5. Institute Name: IMT Ghaziabad
6. CTC: 12 LPA + Joining + Benefits (Hopefully)
8. Previous work experience:Assistant Marketing Manager, Summer Internship in Brand Consulting, Short Term Projects with Ad firms.
9. Lateral Placement: No

We study marketing so that we get to do it majorly for FMCG or Telecom in India and that dream has come true for me today.

Best of luck to everyone out here..:)
  • 49 Likes  
1. Company Name: ** placement season ongoing
2. Location: One among (NCR, Pune, Mumbai)
3. Function: Snr Sales and Marketing Ex
4. College Name: MBA Dept DCE
5. CTC: 7 + joining(if not in NCR) + incentives
6. PPO or campus recruitment: Campus
7. Previous work experience: QA (30 months)

Thanks
  • 16 Likes  
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
1. Company Name: A renowned American brand
2. Location: Stints in Bangalore/Canada/USA for first two years
3. Function: Strategy Lead (Canada Landscape)
4. Joining Date: April 2012
5. Institute Name: Bhartiya Prabandh Sansthan, Bangalore
6. CTC: 17.5 LPA (Guaranteed Cash Components) + Benefits + Some blah
8. Previous work experience:(profile,company and how long you worked) - SAP (SD) Consultant, Around 4 and a half years
  • 67 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

60 people follow this discussion.