About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@anujfun

Tags

Electrical/ Electronics and communication engineering core interview questions.

hi puys, panel in mba interviews always grill on acads related questions. so plz help out each other n post core questions that can be asked in management college interviews
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 9   
@sarvshwet said:
@abhiabhi15 here you go...but this file was made in 2007-08 not really sure if its still useful
thanks !!
  • @paras_ag  even in pm there's no option to attach files.... 08 Apr '13.
  • @abhiabhi15 can u please pm that document of sarvshwet....... 08 Apr '13.
abhiabhi15
A A @abhiabhi15 536
@paras_ag 
even in pm there's no option to attach files.. sad!! u pm me ur email id .. i will send  it to u on that..
paras_ag
paras agarwal @paras_ag 12
@abhiabhi15 can u please pm that document of sarvshwet.....after this new version of pagalguy the post of him is not showing the attachmnet...TIA
@abhiabhi15
@abhiabhi15 said:
@sarvshwet not able to download.. xml problem.. please pm me .. TIA!!
here you go...

but this file was made in 2007-08 not really sure if its still useful
  • 9 Likes  
LIVE CHAT with ex- Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi

Ask all about Post-CAT results in a LIVE CHAT on 

26th December 2014 at 8.30pm with  Dr. Himanshu Rai, CAT 2010 Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi.

Participate Now

-Full time post graduate program in business

-Faculty from SDA Bocconi, Italy 

-Dual Campus Mumbai and Milan

-2014 Avg. CTC 10 Lakh p.a

- Merit Based Tuition Fee Waiver 

Download Placement Stats
@sarvshwet said:
had worked hard to collect a lot many question and answers for our field.....am uploading the entire ducument here.....its a 39 page long document....hope it helps some ppl.........
@sarvshwet not able to download.. xml problem.. please pm me .. TIA!!
  • 1 Like  

very helpful thread ..thank u all:)

The Intel 8085 is an 8-bitmicroprocessor introduced by Intel in 1977. It was binary compatible with the more-famous Intel 8080 but required less supporting hardware, thus allowing simpler and less expensive microcomputer systems to be built.
The "5" in the model number came from the fact that the 8085 requires only a +5-volt (V) power supply rather than the +5V, ˆ'5V and +12V supplies the 8080 needed. Both processors were sometimes used in computers running the CP/M operating system, and the 8085 also saw use as amicrocontroller, by virtue of its low component count. Both designs were eclipsed for desktop computers by the compatible Zilog Z80, which took over most of the CP/M computer market as well as taking a share of the booming home computer market in the early-to-mid-1980s.
  • 1 Like  

Nice

Alive is Awesome.
CrookBond Says
A three-phase system is generally more economical than others because it uses less conductor material to transmit electric power than equivalent single-phase or two-phase systems at the same voltage (wiki)

Add to it that in a 3 phase system, one of the 3 phases is near it peak value at any moment of time. However, in a 2 phase or a single phase system, there are moments where you have zero values at some instant. A 4 phase system could also provide what a 3 phase can, however, there is very little gain and it also needs an extra wire for transmission. That's what makes a 3 phase system more ideal than the rest
  • 1 Like  

3) Dont remember much, but I guess HLR is used for roaming and VLR is used for tracking. (this is wrong shayad :p).

HLR = Home Location Register. Associated with an MSC. Every cell user has a home circle, and the HLR connected to the MSC in the home circle has ur details.

VLR = When roaming to a different MSC (circle) the details need to be passed on to the MSC you are visiting. But how that MSC will know you are visitor? It will take details from HLR of your home MSC and copy the temporary TMSI nos etc into it's own VLR :)

Every MSC has an HLR and a VLR
  • 3 Likes  
CrookBond Says
A three-phase system is generally more economical than others because it uses less conductor material to transmit electric power than equivalent single-phase or two-phase systems at the same voltage (wiki)

well, then why dont we use 5phase or higher for transmission??? :::|::
1. how do you make two 2 submarines under water communicate with each other?

2. What is an antenna? what shud be the ideal length of an antenna to receive a good signal strength.

3. what are HLR and VLR?

1) Radio waves have a prob travelling through salt water, so the best solution is to raise the antenna above water and then carry on with the communication.
Otherwise there are several methods like:-
(i) Acoustic transmission - These use hydrophones.
(ii) VLF(very low freq) radio waves are sometimes used, but these prove ineffective at greater depths. For this VLF are replaced by ELF(extremely low frequency) radio waves which are effective at operating depths of the submarine.
(iii) Most effective i guess is the satellite communication as is the most widespread, wherein UHF, VHF and HF are used.

2) Antenna - An electrical device that converts Electrical currents into radio signals.
Length ka I dont remember dhang se, but a dipole antenna has two conductors going in opposite direction, and half-wavelength long.

3) Dont remember much, but I guess HLR is used for roaming and VLR is used for tracking. (this is wrong shayad :p).
  • 1 Like  

1. how do you make two 2 submarines under water communicate with each other?

2. What is an antenna? what shud be the ideal length of an antenna to receive a good signal strength.

3. what are HLR and VLR?

Shobhit Goel 2012-2014 PGDM(FIN) LBSIM
Mr Ar Says
why do we use 3phase for power transmission? Anybody knows this answer?

oh!great thread.was looking out for something like this.
:cheers:

useful thread

why do we use 3phase for power transmission? Anybody knows this answer?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

259 people follow this discussion.