About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ramasubramanian K @shriraaam

Tags

DOG training / canine care

Hi ... This thread is for all those who have a deep love for Dogs and are trainers themselves / interested in dog training,involve themselves actively (or passively) in pet adoption /relocation . Post your experiences, ambitions on the same...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 4   

@[342680:shriraaam]

Thanks mate..ya things are better now

{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}

@[563226:mbajamesbond] as expected .... don't worry ,everything should be fine ..

• 1 Like  
M.A in HRM & LR at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (2013-2015)
Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure

@[342680:shriraaam]

Me and my friend were sitting on bed and my dog was sleeping on the floor...When my friend kept his leg mistakenly on my dog ..he just got aggresive...He was sleeping then..

Ya have given injection to my do already....it has been 10 days since the incident occured ...so my doc told me if your dog stays alive for next 10 days..then he dosent have rabbies....

• 1 Like  
{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}

mbajamesbond really bad that your dog is not vaccinated ...pls do it immediately....

Just for information : There is no way you can say your dog doesn't have rabies just by looking at it ,unless you have tested its saliva ,blood samples in a lab...Rabies has a variable incubation period in animals esp dogs... Vaccinate your dog immediately ..initially 3 vaccines first time + a booster every year ....it costs hardly 300 / vaccine ...but , you can be safe when playing with your dog , esp when kids are around..When my dogs were pups (4-8 months old) i used to play with them and i used to have a lot of play bites all over me...a hell lot...but ,I never bothered because i knew my pup was vaccinated ...

BTW , y did it bite with such a ferocity ?

@shriraaam said: Hope your dog was on vaccination Nevertheless , ask Ur friend to take injections... Wish it were a play bite
My dog was not on any vaccination....But he dosent have rabbies.....The bite was deep very deep.....ya he has started taking injections...He have to take 5...BAD

Hope your dog was on vaccination Nevertheless , ask Ur friend to take injections... Wish it were a play bite

My dog has bitten my friend....now he has to take injections....

Hi
We are also thinking of having a dog as pet. Which dog are good for indoors and normally what is the cost of maintaining a dog per month ( medical+food etc etc )

Lot of Info regarding various adoption activities / awareness programs are available @
The Hindu : Chennai Petpals News...

"Do not Buy Pets. Adopt them "

The following link is to create awareness about the inhumane treatment of dogs used for breeding in puppy mills. This is not to generalize that all breed pets are treated badly ,but to create awareness about how some breeders treat their pets . Please insist and visit the kennels where the mother is being kept -see the condition of the mother dog before you buy breeds .

Puppymills - information on puppymills and what you can do to stop them.

P.S for mods : Sometimes to discuss the depth of the issue , the need for quoting an external link becomes necessary . Hope this is within PG rules.

Found a lot of face book groups - dedicated to pets adoption ,care etc...
Seems like of late there has been a lot of awareness spreading among people to care for strays....

this is the way it should happen....

Found a lot of face book groups - dedicated to pets adoption ,care etc...
Seems like of late there has been a lot of awareness spreading among people to care for strays....

Hey evry1 glad to find an thread just for dog lover
I have been a dog lover from childhood but neva had the opportunity to have one
Finally now i'm planning to buy one...not sure which breed to buy? Kindly suggest
Basic requirement: friendly, easy to train and can be kept in an apartment!!

Don't buy breeded ones for aparts - because they need a lot of exercise and they shed a lot !!

My suggestion would be to take an Indian breed - they are ideal for our temperature , and they are very obedient !!
If fed as breeds ,they will also appear the same - chubby and bubbly :biggrin:
Take a kombai or kanni breed for Indoor aparts !!
I am a fan of the Rajapalayam - they are the best -obedient (extremely) , safest , and loyal !! they look beautiful (milk white and pink patches) - easy maintenance - but they need a lot of free space to roam !!

Also ,if you are goin to have only apart space -then be careful - dogs need atleast a cement floor to walk easily -granites and mosaic,tiles are difficult to walk and they can easily develop bow legs !!
Choose wisely !!
  • 1 Like  
mbajamesbond Says
agreed possibly thats they only way they can be active and fit.....Also they will learn to take commands...:)

Hey evry1 glad to find an thread just for dog lover
I have been a dog lover from childhood but neva had the opportunity to have one
Finally now i'm planning to buy one...not sure which breed to buy? Kindly suggest
Basic requirement: friendly, easy to train and can be kept in an apartment!!
Agreed that DOGs are cute and the faces they make are hard to ignore !!:grin:
But would say that DOGs won't complain -infact the lifestyle they follow is given to them by us !!

if your DOG throws tantrums , do not oblige ...its difficult but learn to ignore them .... That is the best thing you could do for a dog !!

As far as i have experienced , I have found that I have been comfortable only with Dogs which are independent themselves - they need the petting and cuddling but they should deserve it and it should not be given free :nono:

Many wouldn't agree but you are only spoiling your dog by obliging to your dog's wishes .....

But still if you wanna feed your dog badly ,make him earn it ...
Throw a ball ,let him fetch and then you feed him ...
That way you tell him that he has to do something to get his fav food ...

agreed possibly thats they only way they can be active and fit.....Also they will learn to take commands...:)

Agreed that DOGs are cute and the faces they make are hard to ignore !!:grin:
But would say that DOGs won't complain -infact the lifestyle they follow is given to them by us !!

if your DOG throws tantrums , do not oblige ...its difficult but learn to ignore them .... That is the best thing you could do for a dog !!

As far as i have experienced , I have found that I have been comfortable only with Dogs which are independent themselves - they need the petting and cuddling but they should deserve it and it should not be given free :nono:

Many wouldn't agree but you are only spoiling your dog by obliging to your dog's wishes .....

But still if you wanna feed your dog badly ,make him earn it ...
Throw a ball ,let him fetch and then you feed him ...
That way you tell him that he has to do something to get his fav food ...

• 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

11 people follow this discussion.