SHOW

DI- Tournament

• Created by @Divya09
Hi puys, Can anyone please help me with double round robin DI tournament questions. I have attached a sample question. Please explain me the approach to be followed in such questions. Thanks in advance :):)
answer is 4 to the op.bro just calm down and use simple logic,its a pretty easy sum!
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Q6 '4'
Q7 2nd option.

Q8 cant be determined (after completion of 1 more match with each top 5 team, points will b as follows:-
chelsea- 36 match-89
arsenal- 36 match-78
manchester- 35 match-80
liverpool- 35 match-75
newcastle-36 match-74
so 4th position can be occupied by anyone between arsenal and liverpool after completion of 38 matches.)

Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management- Admissions Open!

Classes, Case-studies, Cafeteria, Conferences, Competitions, Clubs, Camaraderie!

The 7 C's of LBSIM aptly summarize the 'Life@LBSIM' that impeccably epitomizes the ideal life of an MBA student, which, as our Director says, should be a blend of "70% learning outside the classroom and 30% learning inside the classroom"!

Learn More
i think

Question no . 7 amswer should be 2nd option

for question 8 i would mark cannot determined

for sure .. becoz there is tough fight between arsenal and newcastle
guys tournament problems are really important ....let us keep this thread for tournament problems..cheers..great going..!!
DREAMERS CAN NEVER BE TAMED.https://www.facebook.com/satish.chandravuppala CAT 2013 :99.7 IIM Calcutta PGDM 2014-16
Guys the answer for Q6 is '4'.

Can anyone please explain me the approach for such double round robin questions.

p.s. PFA Q7 &Q8..; You can practice them...Will post the answers once few people attempt them..
Attachments
vikrambatra Says
brother can you pls share your approach ? i am getting 4 ..

oops similar aproach but bit different 15 points man U has to get so i put it down as 5 wins but yes it is possible with 4 wins as well with 2 draws so may be 4 is correct but i think it should be 5 as even with 4 wins
as there is nothing mentioned about draws it doesint guarantee a second place
not sure though thats why asked for solution
vikrambatra Says

oops similar aproach but bit different 15 points man U has to get so i put it down as 5 wins but yes it is possible with 4 wins as well with 2 draws so may be 4 is correct
  • 1 Like  
the answer is 4...
is the answer to question 6 5wins???
nd btw cant scroll down to q 7 & 8 could you post them too pls tell me if answer correct then ill explain approach as i dont want to explain wrong stuff

NMIMS MBA Core 2012-14 www.partyonthehouse.com (A digital Project)
Hi puys,
Can anyone please help me with double round robin DI tournament questions.
I have attached a sample question. Please explain me the approach to be followed in such questions.

Thanks in advance :):)

is the answer 4 ??
after 38 games according to the given condition .. Arsenal can reach maximum of 88 points .. i.e. 4 wins and 2 draws in remaining 6 matches .

Also the remaining teams below Man United can reach maximum of 87 points ...
(66+21=87)

so .. Man United must score at least 15 points to cover the difference of 14 points and finish in second place .. i.e. out of remaining 7 matches .. it must win 4 at least and draw the remaining .. 4*3+3*1 = 15 points.

P.S.- I bet Rooney575 can best answer that question .. he can make sure Man United finishes atleast second in the league
  • 2 Likes  
NMIMS MBA Core 2012-14 www.partyonthehouse.com (A digital Project)
Hi puys,
I have attached a sample question. Please explain me the approach to be followed in such questions.

is the answer to question 6 5wins???
nd btw cant scroll down to q 7 & 8 could you post them too pls tell me if answer correct then ill explain approach as i dont want to explain wrong stuff
  • 1 Like  
Hi puys,

• 1 Like  
Attachments

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

11 people follow this discussion.