About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 199   

Puys, 

How much time does it takes for approval for sabbatical request. 

I just have two weeks time left for my college joining. 

Please suggest is resignation a valid choice ??

• I have 4+ years of experience.. 05 Jun.
  • You need approval from your manager. Then the HR approves.... 05 Jun.
nishsingh1110
Rajnish Singh @nishsingh1110 11

I have 4+ years of experience.

Prash1502
Prashant Singh @Prash1502 6

You need approval from your manager. Then the HR approves the sabbatical request. Doesn't take much time if the manager approves it.

Puys,i put my papers since i had a few WLs from a few IIMs in the hope of a convert.Now ive extended the notice period to 40 days(earlier 30).Can i withdraw till the 39th(if i dont convert any IIM that is)? And also another query,i have a B band in the prvs H2 and i have been going on with work as usual,is there a possibilty that they might give me a D,or are there mechanisms in place that such a drastic fall won't happen if i continue with same project?

• yes I have read a post in which something similar was done. 04 Jun.
CAT14:New IIM calls(All 6),Converts:Bank PO:SBM,IIM-U,R,Kh(3 waitlists) 
Aths
Atharv @Aths 7

yes I have read a post in which something similar was done

Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store

hi Guys , If we get D band in our last appraisal and after that we get released so will it be a problem as far as getting lwp approved is concerned?

• 6 Comments
  • thanks mate. 04 Jun.

Hi All. I am joining K.J Soamiya PGDM core. I have 3 years exp in TCS. (with B, B ) band for two years. I am going on sabbatical. Suppose I take majors in HR and join back TCS as HR what package I can expect. In this college TCS give 5.3L for HR profile to freshers. Suppose I take fin/marketing what package I can expect.When I asked my HR he said he is not sure, it will be decide at that time looking into your various performances and market scenario. I have talked to people who have joined at 9 to 9.5L from GIM and K.J. 

• 7 Comments
  • I have heard from seniors at tcs. You should get 9.5l or .... 28 May.
  • between 8.5 to 9.. 29 May.
Sudess
Sujay Dessai @Sudess 2

I have heard from seniors at tcs. You should get 9.5l or above

Hi everyone!!

Nice post everyone.

I am a student presently in my final year in aprivate college in West Bengal.Profile:(94,69.4,78.91)(10,12,grad).Gave CAT 2014(97.97%ile).Converted IIM Kashipur..IIM U(wl-75)..IIM Raipur(wl-505). Will convert them for sure too..

but the problem is I dont want to join new IIMS.I want to give  CAT 2015.In the meanwhile deciding to join TCS. Will it be very tough to break the bond bext year?and how is the work  environment around there??Can anyone suggest what should I do??

• I would suggest you join the new IIMs becase it won't be .... 28 May.
  • join the new iims and retake CAT for ABC,XL.If u want to .... 28 May.
Aths
Atharv @Aths 7

I would suggest you join the new IIMs becase it won't be as easy to keep up with your preparation!

freakonomist
sabyasachi panigrahi @freakonomist 234

join the new iims and retake CAT for ABC,XL.If u want to do mba,joining tcs wont add much value

Puys need your help on this!!!.

Completed 20 months in TCS and i converted LIBA and i paid my fees there and classes have started.But Project wanted me to serve notice period,so i have applied for 2 weeks leave at the college.Now i have 3 Waitlists at new IIMs(Raipur,Udaipur,kashipur).Hopeful of atleast one convert.I want to withdraw admission at LIBA and then wait for the iim results.But notice period gonna end on 10th and i need to take a call on withdraw of resignation.Can i withdraw my resignation now and put it again if i convert?(PL says not possible-i will face trouble).My HR is not allowing for sabbatical,who should i approach?

• 3 Comments
  • @deba086 ppl on this very thread have availed LWP without.... 25 May.
  • ok. if ur project HR is not agreeing , go to account HR.. 25 May.
arlok2005
Lokesh @arlok2005 23

@deba086 ppl on this very thread have availed LWP without completing 2 years(so there is precedence).and im already serving my notice period and i want to withdraw resignation (as there are only few weeks left) and again put my resignation in June end(case being i convert an IIM) or try and avail a LWP

deba086
dekhte hain @deba086 11

ok. if ur project HR is not agreeing , go to account HR. 

Hi,i have completed 20 months in Chennai and my HR is saying LWP not possible as its less than 24 months.What can i do?

• 3 Comments
  • these useless HRs did the same with me..first hey said 'N.... 22 May.
  • you can use your earned leaves. It will help you reach 24.... 23 May.
GouravB
Gourav Bhattacharjee @GouravB 40

these useless HRs did the same with me..first hey said 'No' then later they gave me the lwp offer.

Prash1502
Prashant Singh @Prash1502 6

you can use your earned leaves. It will help you reach 24 months.

Hi guys I have got selected in UIIC generalist and TCS business analyst. In which company should I enter from future perspective. I am a fresher mba grad from SIMSREE. Please help me out guys

I have a 41 month work-ex. in TCS, till june 2015. I am planing to do my MBA from VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur. Wanted t know n which categry does VGSOM come according to TCS? And what will be my expected package if I take a sabbatical and come back.

• 5 Comments
  • And the choice between MBA and job will be a tough one fo.... 23 May.
  • Have you confirmed this with anyone?? After this much exp.... 23 May.
aakash297
Raj @aakash297 3

And the choice between MBA and job will be a tough one for sure! If its a really good offer then you may think of joining that and look for 1 year MBA from IIMs/ISB a couple of years later, else the career progression at TCS is very well known to you as well.  

Mohjo
mohit jalan @Mohjo 2

Have you confirmed this with anyone?? After this much experience, I am not very sure, how good a offer will I get in VGSOM. And considering the fee for 1 year course I don't think I would be able to do my MBA.

Hello Folks. I have heard 90% LWP are being rejected form corporate HR. My friend is joining IFMR chennai and had applied for LWP on APl 16. 3 days back HR called him and said 90% LWP are being rejected by corporate HR as people are not coming back as its a loss to TCS and told him to resign . i had applied for LWP last week. Still waiting. anyone LWP approved?

• 40 Comments
  • what if we are on bench?. 29 May.
  • I mean then our supervisor is RMG right..so his approval..?. 29 May.
Aths
Atharv @Aths 7

what if we are on bench?

Aths
Atharv @Aths 7

I mean then our supervisor is RMG right..so his approval..?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

872 people follow this discussion.