About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 196   

Hello..I am from TCS with 2.11 yrs exp..got C band this H2 period..i converted Nirma univ ahmedabad and would like to do marketing...can u guys plz suggest if i should opt for sabbatical...if so what would be my pkg after i return...my current pkg is 4.04 and is expected to rise to 4.4...kindly advise with reasons...i am at tcs hyd...and any idea on who is the HR with whom i should be talking abt the sabbatical...i am currently allocated to a project...plz suggest on how and where to start...

• 5 Comments
  • @Aths plz throw some light on the cons and pros. 16 Apr.
  • Consider your decision once before joining. You are alrea.... 17 Apr.
sameeshrockstar
sameesh bedi @sameeshrockstar 33

@Aths plz throw some light on the cons and pros

vampgm
Gautam Mahesh @vampgm 688

Consider your decision once before joining. You are already earning a decent package. Despite an MBA, increment will be very minimal. Suggest you join a better college for a good increment in package

Hi Guys,

I am in a bit of dilemma here. I have 2.5 years of experience in IT(infra) and i have an offer from TCS (package - 6.02, offered by TCS) 

Now, i have been selected for a PSU bank (probationary officer). I know that both the fields are completely different from each other and this is where the dilemma begins. Which one do i choose to go to.

Considering that PSU job is a stable job and would not have any pressure of rotational shift albeit at a lower package than that offered by TCS.

Could you please guide me with this? I plan to pursue executive MBA this year and want to have enough time for preparation for CAT this year.

Thanks

• 3 Comments
  • If you are interested in Fin, go for Bank. If you are mor.... 12 Apr.
  • Executive MBA in India requires 5 yrs of exp...... but in.... 12 Apr.
vampgm

If you are interested in Fin, go for Bank. If you are more IT/Ops guy, TCS has more weight. Whatever be the case, for EMBA later, Bank would be the better choice. Package yes, TCS is better

PS: IT Infra jobs not appreciated in Tier 1 colleges

dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 661

Executive MBA in India requires 5 yrs of exp...... but in PO job u cnt get enough time to prepare for CAT n other things

Hello Guys...

I have 2.5 years IT Experience....

and I am going for MBA in IFMR , Chennai......Does IFMR fall in Tier 2 or Tier 3 College? What package can I expect after completing MBA?

• 1 Like   3 Comments
  • Are you going for LWP?. 14 Apr.
  • Also what is the category of KJ SOmaiya , Welinkar Mumbai.... 14 Apr.
Aths
Atharv @Aths 6

Are you going for LWP?

Aths
Atharv @Aths 6

Also what is the category of KJ SOmaiya , Welinkar Mumbai , GIM league colleges?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone PLEASE help to know the ranking of JAIN COLLEGE by TCS and the expected salary to be received after PGDM (HR & MKT) if I'm now in LWP now with 25 months of work ex?

Waiting for your reply....

• 15 Comments
  • @Aths As much I have seen, rank or profile really has no .... 17 Apr.
  • @vampgm , Biswajit was earning say 4.4 lpa before is it n.... 6d.
vampgm

@Aths As much I have seen, rank or profile really has no impact on package negotiation. Only factor is prior workex and college

Aths
Atharv @Aths 6

@vampgm , Biswajit was earning say 4.4 lpa before is it not safe to say that he shall earn atleast 5.5 lpa after lwp MBA, irrespective of college. And if Biswajit is have nice profile than won't it be an added bonus when he tries to negotiate his salary?

Hi,

Can someone tell me BIMTECH Noida core program  (PGDM) comes under which tier? and how much the package is revised for a 26 months exp guy?

• tier 2 around 6. 12 Apr.
  • @dvchinmaya Do u know the procedure of finding out which .... 15 Apr.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 661

tier 2 around 6

nitishshukla10
Nitish Shukla @nitishshukla10 18

@dvchinmaya Do u know the procedure of finding out which college in which tier?

hi puys,

i got a job offer frm a public sector bank as officer. now my problem is an NOC is a must, evn fr ppl wrking in private companies. does TCS gv an noc on request?? plz rply

• also, what all certificates do we get when we resign?. 08 Apr.
  • Releving letter. 12 Apr.
neer91
nkh h @neer91 19

also, what all certificates do we get when we resign?

dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 661

Releving letter 

In which tier SIBM Pune ? Fellow TCS'er please help..

i contacted my HR he said their no such Tier system 

• 6 Comments
  • Tier 2 .....project HRs don tknow any info on this ..u hv.... 12 Apr.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 661

Tier 2 .....project HRs don tknow any info on this ..u hv to contact very seniro or corporate HRs

Hey anybody knows What do they mean by Exhaustion Of Earned leaves.DO we have to apply the leaves for the days we are working.

• if you are planning to LWP you need to apply all your ear.... 08 Apr.
  • THanks. 08 Apr.
sourabh1107
Sourabh Wadhawan @sourabh1107 256

if you are planning to LWP you need to apply all your earned leave after your last date and you will be getting salary also for the days you have applied earned leave

Can anyone please help to know the ranking of XIMB by TCS and the expected salary to be received after MBA, if I take sabbatical now with 36 months of work ex?

• 1 Like   5 Comments
  • BM Tier 1....u ll get around 10 if ur previous band is min C. 06 Apr.
  • @dvchinmaya what about the RM course of XIMB?. 16 Apr.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 661

BM Tier 1....u ll get around 10 if ur previous band is min C

nitishshukla10
Nitish Shukla @nitishshukla10 18

@dvchinmaya  what about the RM course of XIMB?

I have accepted the offer on the NextStep website of TCS and got confirmation mail.

I have not received the Joining Letter yet.

I want to know what is with the Certification tab on the site?

Do I need to do certifications before joining?

Is it mandatory to get the joining letter?

• 3 Comments
  • @dvchinmaya No I was saying 'star certifications' are man.... 06 Apr.
  • if they hv told manadatory then yes ...during our time it.... 12 Apr.
abhishek19cse
Abhishek Kumar @abhishek19cse 3

@dvchinmaya No I was saying 'star certifications' are mandatory or not for JL?

dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 661

if they hv told manadatory then yes ...during our time it was nt mandatory

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

837 people follow this discussion.