About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 128   

I left TCS to join a B-School but later I quit my admission due to some family issues. Is it possible to rejoin TCS now?? Whom should I contact regarding this??

Any help will be appreciated.

• it depends on ur experince and skill set.U can contact ur.... 21 Aug.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 521

it depends on ur experince and skill set.U can contact ur previous manager also if u hv his/her contact number.Some rule like 'must b 6 months duration bfore joining'  may b der.

WHAT IF i remains on bench for two years .. and still wana continue in TCS.. i m not yet confirmed and its been 17 months since i joined TCS..will i be fired on completion of bond and if not then what will b my pay .. plz help !! m tensed

• nothing will happen..dont worry..try to get some project .... 17 Aug.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 521

nothing will happen..dont worry..try to get some project as early as possible...one of my friends was in bench fr 2 yrs without getting confirmation....after 2 yrs he took a project n gt confirmed....so to be on the safer side try to get into any project to the earliest....

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

I joined TCSL on Dec, 2013. I was going through the terms and conditions related to my notice period and as written in my offer letter; this is what I found:

"During your employment with TCSL, either you or TCSL can terminate the appointment by giving 30 calendar days written notice or 1 months basic salary in lieu of the notice. If you are covered under Deputation Agreement / International Assignment Agreement, either you or TCSL can terminate the appointment by giving 90 calendar days written notice as set out in the Separation Policy of TCSL."

I am working from offshore (Kolkata) in a US project and I don't have any VISA. Do I fall under category "International Assignment Agreement"? My guess is NO since I am working from offshore in a US project, hence notice period should be 1 month.

Please let me know on this.

• u are under Deputation Agreement / International Assignme.... 19 Aug.
  • Thanks for the clarification.. 19 Aug.
nvallat1104
Navneet Vallat @nvallat1104 75

u are under Deputation Agreement / International Assignment Agreement only if u are onsite.. not if u r in offshore..

Is serving One month of notice period compulsory? Can I serve 8 days of notice period if Supervisor approves it? HR is telling you need to work 20 more days if RMG has got work for you.  Why HR is telling me to work 20 more days and that also some other project? Did not intimidate because was not sure of getting some College for MBA.

• if ur supervisor approves then it is ok.....buy out optio.... 24 Jul.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 521

if ur supervisor approves then it is ok.....buy out option : u can pay one month basic salry if dont serve notice period 

I joined TCS 7 months before, will have my 1st anniversary in another 4-5 months. Oveall experience: 3.9; Current Package: 5.8 L.P.A.

I am sure that I will be getting a poor anniversary rating since I asked for a release in the very 1st month of my joining All my manager are very frustrated with my performance. I raised concerns to my HR but of no use as usual.

Please let me know if a get a poor rating in my 1st anniversary, then how much decrement will be their in my payscale from my current package?

• 13 Comments
  • I am not much clear on "Lateral hire concepts" . Are you .... 03 Aug.
  • Lateral hire means I joined tcs with over 3 years of expe.... 03 Aug.
zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 2

I am not much clear on "Lateral hire concepts" . Are you in direct payroll of TCS or some other company. If under direct TCS and No Bond , then you need to check whether employment is permanent,if permanent then you can plan nicely.                    And if you are working in TCS but getting paid by another company, then TCS may remove if the project manager says to remove .In that case, one will need to see what the hiring company will do,whether will give another job or not.

Bunta
Bunty Bunty @Bunta 8

Lateral hire means I joined tcs with over 3 years of experience. I did not joined as a fresher, hence no bond as such.

just rejoined TCS after a 2 year LWP in a cat-2 college... for any queries regarding refitment process, please PM me...

• 1 Like   7 Comments
  • hey wat is the CTC tcs will offer once i rejoin tcs after.... 24 Sep.
  • hey, if possible can u share the list of tier structure o.... 2h.
Navneet Vallat PGDM General 2012-14 LBSIM
sameeshrockstar
sameesh bedi @sameeshrockstar 3

hey wat is the CTC tcs will offer once i rejoin tcs after completing my mba

Clifford_Dsouza
Cliff@13 @Clifford_Dsouza 11

hey, if possible can u share the list of tier structure of colleges followed by tcs...

Hello ppl...I had completed my BE graduation in EXTC in 2013 and then immediately i went for MBA in marketing without any work exp...So can i still join tcs by off campus in 2015 when my MBA gets over but on the basis of my BE degree and not MBA so that i can get some technical experience?....and if so whats the procedure....please help

• 3 Comments
  • thanks Saket..... 20 Jul.
  • @Ria_P Hello, as you are doing MBA, so it would be good .... 03 Aug.
zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 2

@Ria_P  Hello, as you are doing MBA, so it would be good enough if you highlight higher qualification also. And for joining in 2015, you can get OnCampus recruitment drives or Off CAMpus walkins also. It would be better enough if you can get in touch with any TCS Associate who can add you as Buddy. Using TCS Bring you Buddy (BYB)scheme, you can be able to attend any TCS Walkin Interview without any offer letter + you can get calls from TCS Recruitment team if they need any urgent profiles.  Please let me know if you need me to create a BYB profile for you.

Hello Guys

I am on LWP for my MBA from a tier 2 college.

Questions:

1.How much package can i expect from TCS if i rejoin after my MBA and what role?

2. My college is asking to either resign or get a NOC certificate from TCS for sitting in campus placements. Will TCS provide a NOC certificate allowing me to sit for campus placements for other companies?

3.If i choose to resign from TCS , what are the steps to be taken ? Do i need to be personally present at TCS office for resignation?

TIA.

• TCS won't provide NOC... and ya, you will have to be phys.... 08 Jul.
  • hey, if possible can u share the list of tier strucutre o.... 2h.
Manish_07
PranK @Manish_07 1

TCS won't provide NOC... and ya, you will have to be physically present for your sign off formalities...

Clifford_Dsouza

hey, if possible can u share the list of tier strucutre of colleges followed by tcs...

what are the designation hierarchy in tcs for a fresher MBA graduate from a tier 2 college, for example if i join as a BA or ASA in TCS how will be my progression in terms of designation hierarchy ? also how usefull this positions are in the industry for a switch ?

• ASA-T,ASA,SA,Asst Consultant ,Asociate Con....Designation.... 02 Jul.
  • hey, if possible can u share the list of tier strucutre o.... 2h.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 521

ASA-T,ASA,SA,Asst Consultant ,Asociate Con....Designations r not of imoprtance...only the role wat u perform matters...

Clifford_Dsouza

hey, if possible can u share the list of tier strucutre of colleges followed by tcs...

How to leave a project in tcs? :( 

• 1 Like   20 Comments
  • I resigned...hence they decided to release me. But still .... 17 Aug.
  • Can anyone please help me how to gt release from project..... 30 Oct.
Bunta
Bunty Bunty @Bunta 8

I resigned...hence they decided to release me. But still they have not confirmed...may be they want me to revert back my resignation hence making fake promises

sd18491
@sd18491

Can anyone please help me how to gt release from project. My marriage is planned nd henceforth i need to stay wih my inlaws. But my manager is not agreeing, he is saying to get married nd come back nd work which is practically not possible. I cant stay here whn my entire family stays sumwhre else. Please suggest me sumthng.

Hello all..If we don't get confirmation after one year ? Will it be a problem for mba interview's ? I am a traniee now ..on bench 

• 4 Comments
  • @Anudeep459 : were you fully on bench fr 2 yrs? abz no ex.... 15 Aug.
  • WHAT IF i remains on bench for two years .. and stil.... 17 Aug.
neer91
nkh h @neer91 17

@Anudeep459 : were you fully on bench fr 2 yrs? abz no experience?

Arthurking
@Arthurking

WHAT IF i remains on bench for two years .. and still wana continue in TCS.. i m not yet confirmed and its been 17 months since i joined TCS..will i be fired on completion of bond and if not then what will b my pay .. plz help !! m tensed

Hey puys..I wanted to know if bench time considered as work ex or not?Pls reply..Will it cause a problem during mba interviews or b school placements?

• It is considered as work ex. You will face no such proble.... 24 Jun.
ggaurav86
Gaurav @ggaurav86 57

It is considered as work ex. You will face no such problem, till you justify your roles and responsibilities and nature of duties performed.

How much time it takes to fulfill all the procedure of LWP..................i am waitlisted in new IIMs & could convert in any but now the New IIMs are hardly giving 6-7 days to join the institute............so just wanted to know if converted any new IIM.. ..within how many days i would get LWP............................& is it necessary that we return to company after LWP or we could resign from company during LWP....

.............??
  • 4 Comments
  • yes u cn. 09 Jun.
  • hey, if possible can u please share the list of tier stru.... 2h.
Clifford_Dsouza

hey, if possible can u please share the list of tier strucutre of colleges followed by tcs...

Hi Friends,

This is satya I'm joined as fresher in TCS, almost 1.6 years' experience still I'm not allocated for project . I'm married now management asking me to go for deputation . It is very tuff time stay without family

suggestion please.

So for I'm not work for any project .

satyavathi

8 people answered this question.
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

I have completed 26 months in tcs and now have secured admission in Welingkar for MBAIs leave without pay a good option or resignation??Also during LWP am I allowed to do internship from another company other than TCS?

Pleasee help!!!

rolleyes
  • 4 Comments
  • hey, if possible can u please share the list of tier stru.... 2h.
  • @Clifford_Dsouza search in the same thread ....previous p.... 2h.
Clifford_Dsouza

hey, if possible can u please share the list of tier structure of colleges followed by tcs...

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

777 people follow this discussion.