About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 128   

What is the procedure or series of steps that you need to follow when you want to join TCS after sabbatical..! salary negotiations ? what kind of projects ? location ? please help.... nythin 

anyone who joined after TCS sabbatical.. what package can i expect 3 yrs 11 months work ex.. and what is it like ? 

1 Year to Transform Your Career - Great Lakes PGPM

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM 2015-16)

India’s leading One Year fast track MBA program for candidates with 2+ Years of work experience.

Application Deadline(Extended): 31st Jan. 2015

Apply Now

-Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

-Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

-Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

-Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

-Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14

Learn More

Hi All,

Is distance MBA from Narsee Monjee is good/worth? Does any one have idea regarding the same and career prospective? Currently i have 3.2 exp in TCS.

• distance MBA from any clg is worthless, it just adds a MB.... 5d.
dubeyp0000
dubey dubey @dubeyp0000 583

distance MBA from any clg is worthless, it just adds a MBA line into your vc nothing else

I have a 25 month work-ex. in TCS, till june 2014. Now i am pursuing  2 year PGPM from IIM Raipur , taking LWP. what would be my refittment package , if i rejoin TCS upon completion of my MBA course !!

• 1 Like  
  • 8 to 9 lpa. 18 Jan.

Is it dat much difficult to get projects in Delhi/NCR ? (night shift)

4yrs work-ex at TCS and doing MBA from Tier2 college on sabbatical? what would be the expected package after joining back?

• 6 Comments
  • Can you tell abt both , coz m still tryin. Dunno what i'l.... 13 Jan.
akkiO
Akki O @akkiO 1

Can you tell abt both , coz m still tryin. Dunno what i'll get through...

Heared that TCS firing 30000 employees, is it true?? What is the stpry behind such a big stupidity????

• 9 Comments
  • @Budokai001 I understand that but it is not the way. 05 Jan.
  • TCS Global HR Ajoy Mukherjee said " Firstly, I would lik.... 06 Jan.
dubeyp0000

@Budokai001  I understand that but it is not the way

zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 5

TCS Global HR Ajoy Mukherjee said "

Firstly, I would like to tell you that there are no layoffs that have been planned. All the reasons cited are equally untrue. Therefore any reference to estimates like 25-30,000 people is completely baseless.

"

anyone from TCS gandhinagar?

• My joining was there.... 4 yrs back ;) :stuck out tongue:. 03 Jan.
  • beware of the RMG(esp Carmel,Kanojia n co)..... If possib.... 03 Jan.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
PoulomiG
Poulomi G @PoulomiG 37

My joining was there.... 4 yrs back  ;)

sushant1002001
Sun Tzu @sushant1002001 852

beware of the RMG(esp Carmel,Kanojia n co)..... If possible, try joining SAP projects.Government projects will suck the life out of you (assuming u r an engineer). TCS 2012-13 :P 

-Enjoying life at FMS

Hi Guys.

I 've been in domestic project for the past 3 years and not getting release from the project too. I want to know can I change my domain to management without doing MBA I have heard from my seniors is this true/ possible? Also please suggest alternate for moving to management line.

• 5 Comments
  • leave tcs and look outside. 02 Jan.
  • @dubeyp0000 ya i'm looking but i dont want to go IT and .... 02 Jan.
dubeyp0000

leave tcs and look outside

Arungan123
arun ganesh @Arungan123 10

@dubeyp0000  ya i'm looking but i dont want to go IT and shifts etc...

I have been selected in TCS for business analyst profile after doing my MBA from Delhi School of Management. I had opted for BFSI sector. Could you please tell me which offices have good project in BFSI domain. I am thinking to opt for Bangalore or Pune. 

• Bangalore has decent BFSI clients .......Pune nt much ide.... 23 Dec '14.
  • @aakashcool90 could you disclose, what package you were o.... 17 Jan.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 653

Bangalore has decent BFSI clients .......Pune nt much idea.....Mumbai/Chennai also good 

saurabh058
suman saurabh @saurabh058 41

@aakashcool90 could you disclose, what package you were offered??

TCS prepares for restructuring; may ask non-performers to leave
TCS prepares for restructuring; may ask non-performers to leave
(Although details of this...) BENGALURU: Tata Consultancy Services is preparing to undertake a restructuring exercise, under which senior executives which the country's largest information-technology services company believes are non-performers will be asked to leave. Although details of this remain sketchy, the Mumbai-based software exporter downplays any such process by calling it a regular exercise undertaken by the company regularly.

Indiatimes

CAT '13 : 80.82 , CAT'14 : Disaster  

Hi all...i m doing MBA from IIFT Delhi...on Sabbatical from TCS...TCS Work ex...5 yrs..last band C..can anyone tell me the package which I can consider if i decide to go back to TCS

• 44 Comments
  • @papu2013 as far as I could find out, here goes the list:.... 12 Jan.
  • XIMB also...not IITs. 13 Jan.
PoulomiG
Poulomi G @PoulomiG 37

@papu2013 as far as I could find out, here goes the list:

IIM Ahmedabad (PGP course)
IIM Bangalore (PGP course)
IIM Calcutta (PGP course) 
IIM Lucknow (PGP course)
IIM Kozhikode (PGP course)
IIM Indore (PGP course)
SP Jain institute of Management and Research (PGDM Course)
XLRI (BM course) 
NITIE (PGDIE and PGDIM course) 
Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management (MMS course)
Xaviers Institute of Management (PGDM course)
Great Lakes institute Management (PGPM course)
MDI, Gurgaon (PGPM)
Faculty Management Studies (MBA course)
Indian institute of Foreign Trade (MBA International business)
ISB (PGP)

dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 653

XIMB also...not IITs

Anyone who can refer me for TCS referral drive, kindly reply. I am from 2014 batch.

• usually TCS hires freshers thru campus ..if any we ll le.... 28 Nov '14.
  • @aimJB :Just follow below if that helps.All the best. .... 02 Dec '14.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 653

usually TCS  hires freshers thru campus ..if any we ll let u know

zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 5
@aimJB :Just follow below if that helps.All the best.                                                                 

Now,some important things which are preferred are one Resume,a PAN Card,a passport,first class results also.

Next,you can register your profile online and await for calls from TCS directly:

1. Visit : http://careers.tcs.com/CareersDesign/Jsps/CareersHome.jsp

2. Go to "Entry Level Freshers" and click on that hyperlink

3. Go to right side and click on "New candidate Register here " option

4. Next page will prompt you to choose "Off campus applicant" and your URL automatically will be appearing as https://nextstep.tcs.com/campus/

5. Fill in that form with contact number and all known details.

6. You may be needed to prepare one resume,so you can make one using a sample given by me as attachement.

7. Once you submit that form,you will get one Reference number or secret code, TCS HRs will sometime call you for telephonic interview or in person interview,based on vacancies. 

8. Help Line number 1800-209-3111(Toll Free) for authentic information on Off Campus hiring at all times.You can call this number if you have any doubt in the process.

Hello Friends,

Need sincere advise on a query. I have 28months of work experience in TCS, I desire to pursue PGPM course from Great lakes with LWP. What will be the re-fitment package that TCS assigns after PGPM course?  

• 9 Comments
  • @dubeyp0000 17 lac approximate is the fee...u can try abr.... 03 Dec '14.
  • What about 4yrs work-ex at TCS and doing MBA from Tier2 c.... 06 Jan.
I can accept failure but Not 'Not trying'.  
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 653

@dubeyp0000 17 lac approximate is the fee...u can try abroad fr mba or only in top IIMs (1 yr pgm hving 5 yr of exp next yr) 

Sudess
Sujay Dessai @Sudess 1

What about 4yrs work-ex at TCS and doing MBA from Tier2 college?what would be the expected package?

When will TCS conduct next off campus drive for 2014 batch? Any idea?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

803 people follow this discussion.