About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 193   

Hi All . Last year I had B band and this year probably C. I will have 3 yrs work ex by june.current CTC 4.34. will join kjsom or GIM( both tier 2 college). What package can i expect and what roll? Currently I am tagged in project. Do I need to check with project HR? what is the ideal time to talk with manager and HR if my college joining is in June 15? TIA

• Initiate talks atleast 5-6 weeks before the last working .... 4h.
vampgm
Gautam Mahesh @vampgm 688

Initiate talks atleast 5-6 weeks before the last working date you want..earlier if you are a critical resource. Around May 1st week at the max..ideally around April last week. Talk to HR if you are taking LWP and confirm the terms of return. Usually, Corporate HR knows these stuff..not the HRBP tagged to account.

TCS Tier 2 base package is 6-6.5. Workex raise would be 30k-40k/year. If you are taking LWP, previous bands would also be considered.Roles can be Sales, Presales, Project Management, etc. Consult profiles usually get opened in Tier 1 and some Tier 2 colleges only 

IMT G and GL chennai come under same tier(1) ?

• GL 1 yr pgpm is Tier 1.......imt is tier 2. 1d.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 658

GL 1 yr pgpm is Tier 1.......imt is tier 2

Is PUMBA tier 1 or tier 2 college acc. To TCS HR policies?

• it can't be tier 1 for sure. 3d.

Hi All,

I got shortlisted in IIFT-Delhi. I am planning to take LWP. All I want to know is, Will Sabbatical make any hassles at the time of placements??

• 5 Comments
  • Ok Debarata..But can u get it confirm with the alumni abo.... 14h.
  • Ganesh I asked one more Frnd of ximb, he said u can show .... 6h.
Gan07
Ganesh Kumar @Gan07 1

Ok Debarata..But can u get it confirm with the alumni about the IT companies that come for placements over there.. coz.. some said with LWP.. IT companies show hesitant in picking them as there might be future consequences..

deba086
Debabrata Nanda @deba086 6

Ganesh I asked one more Frnd of ximb, he said u can show salary slip joining letter LWP letter. Also u can ge a bonafide letter. It will not be an issue. Z

In which tier is NMIMS , Mumbai and NMIMS Bangalore?

please reply

• tier 2. 5d.
  • NMIMS Bangalore mostly 3. 5d.

Is K J Somaiya and IMT Ghaziabad in same category as per TCS?? and what is the tier of these colleges?? Please help

• 1 Like   9 Comments
  • Thanks @dvchinmaya .. I have work ex of 39 months... Will.... 4d.
  • @ayandas nope. Can vary post MBA depending on business re.... 2d.
DasAyan
ayan das @DasAyan 4

Thanks @dvchinmaya .. I have work ex of 39 months... Will my Base Branch be same as I am in now?

vampgm

@ayandas nope. Can vary post MBA depending on business requirements and teams

Can someone get sabbatical for MBA after 1.5 years of experience??

Any negotiations possible regarding this?

• Usually 2+ years of workex is required. Regarding negotia.... 6d.
Don't stop when you are tired... Stop when you are done... I am not stopping now  
vampgm

Usually 2+ years of workex is required. Regarding negotiations, really depends on your hr. In some cases like MBA they have allowed. However, it isn't a general trend

Hello people. 

Last year I had B band and my current salary is 4.3lpa. If this year I get C band will my salary decrease? 

• I guess it decreases with D band only as far as TCS is co.... 22 Mar.
  • Your performance pAY Component will slightly decrease to .... 6d.
dubeyp0000
dubey dubey @dubeyp0000 841

I guess it decreases with D band only as far as TCS is concerned

zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 6

Your performance pAY Component will slightly decrease to some extent around 1500, or the increase in performance pay will be very less. However, you will be getting hike of Rs 600 in Basic and around 2500 in BOB. So overall, the salary will not decrease buut will increase by just 5%. This is in case of B to C fall. In case of C to D fall, overall salary decreases by 7%. In case of second time consequutive D, then 3%  hike. In case of D to C , then 13% positive hike. 

Hi. I have a work ex of 29 months in TCS. I am a Systems Engineer. I am planning to pursue MBA from IMT Ghaziabad. Can somebody tell how much would I get in TCS if I take a sabbatical & join TCS post MBA? & what kind of roles will I get in TCS, after my MBA? My CTC will be most probably 4.45 lpa after band release.

• 1 Like   4 Comments
  • #. 6d.
  • wht kind of job in pre sales , sales ??. 6d.
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Hey all...I have an experience of 26 months in TCS and planning to pursue MBA from NITIE Mumbai after taking LWP. So could somebody please tell me that how I would get after joining back TCS.Also can anyone plz put some light about my role Post MBA in TCS.(i.e. Role of a Business Analyst in TCS and further career opportunity within TCS)

Thanks in advance!!!

• TCS doesnt offer BA roles as per my knowledge. Typical ro.... 22 Mar.
  • NITIE Tier 1 ...u ll get 9 lac. 5d.
vampgm

TCS doesnt offer BA roles as per my knowledge. Typical roles are Consult (Domain- specific) for GCP, Preslaes and Sales

PS: Just graduated. Info upto date..:P

dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 658

NITIE Tier 1 ...u ll get 9 lac

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

815 people follow this discussion.