About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 205   

Hey, I am 8 months total experienced and 6 months experienced in Java/Spring project. I am OCJP certified. Presently I am in TCS Hyderabad. I want a project now in Kolkata. My RMG is rude and normally dosen't listen regarding anything related to transfer.....Even if I manage to get one, will he listen? To make matters worse, I dont have any strong medical docs........Pls help if anyone has any connections

• 4 Comments
  • I am not currently in a project now. Still rmg is not lis.... 6d.
  • be there on bench..atleast for 3 months..a end of 3 month.... 6d.
yomnat92
Tanmoy Kar @yomnat92

I am not currently in a project now. Still rmg is not listening to anything. I haven't talked to the lead though.

Aths
Atharv @Aths 10

be there on bench..atleast for 3 months..a end of 3 months..find a project on ur own at desired location..the tell rmg abt it

Tier of mba colleges anyone? Pls mention position of great lakes and new iims in the tier list too.

Hi, i hv worked in tcs for 4+ yrs, last designation was it analyst. Had all C bands and am doing MBA (2 yrs) now from Iim Trichy. What mi8 be my expected salary if i join back tcs after 2 years?

• 6 Comments
  • Has all c bands then u will get lowest amongst peers. Bet.... 10 Jul.
ronvinet
Ronak Mota @ronvinet 298

Has all c bands then u will get lowest amongst peers. Better try cMpus

Joined back TCS after sabbatical. Prior Exp 2 years. Tier II College. Got Package Offered only 5.9. Regreting the decision to join back. Started serving notice period already. 

• 18 Comments
  • A person with 4 years of exp will also get Promotion that.... 25 Jun.
  • Mine is also same case... will join in august after lwp...... 03 Jul.
ronvinet
Ronak Mota @ronvinet 298

A person with 4 years of exp will also get Promotion that should be considered as well. Here its a loss of that too. He might get higher than me. In work ex certi when you resign you will LWP days mentioned. and now only 4 months will be considered after LWP on certi. ... I fail to understand the continuous service thing as well. Now if I work for 1 year more will I be eligible for Gratuity? Or I will have to serve 3 years to complete 5 years of working days for gratuity?

harikiran.vaida
Hari Kiran @harikiran.vaida

Mine is also same case... will join in august after lwp... i am from andhra university.. experience prioor to lwp 2years 10months..4.5lpa package... what could be my new package?

With an experience of 2.3 years at TCS with 4.3 CTC, if one is willing to do his masters M.Tech course in a private university like BS adbul rahman university (cresent university) or vels university in his or her LWP. After completing the course what package he or she could expect ???? I believe the college doesn't comes under tier 1 or tier 2 categories .

hi all, I wanted to now that is it possible to do your summer internship in TCS while on 2 years lwp. I mean I join TCS back for 2 months , do tranning their and that again go back on lwp and complete last year of MBA!

• 4 Comments
  • thanks Nitish :smiley:. 01 Jul.
  • @Aths Though there isn't any set process to apply for int.... 02 Jul.
Aths
Atharv @Aths 10

thanks Nitish

metarunabh
Tarunabh Verma @metarunabh 315

@Aths Though there isn't any set process to apply for internship, get in touch with the HR PoC of your base branch. He will help you in getting internship.

Guys , I am 2.5 yrs exp in TCS. Current CTC 4.15.

Joining NMIMS Mumbai for MBA HR.

How much should I expect if I join back , after 2 yrs?

• 10 Comments
  • @ronvinet What you have said doesn't apply for someone jo.... 02 Jul.
  • @metarunabh ..Yes i know..got 2 C s previously. 15 Jul.
metarunabh

@ronvinet What you have said doesn't apply for someone joining after sabbatical. @Aths Your last performance band before going on sabbatical is also considered in the compensation refitment process.

Aths
Atharv @Aths 10

@metarunabh ..Yes i know..got 2 C s previously

Has anyone on sabbatical who joined this year post MBA completed the refitment process and received the revised compensation? 

• see my post. 22 Jun.

Hi,

My TCS LWP request is rejected. I have escalated but still no relief

Any idea , will my LWP be approved at last moment or they will force me to resign?

PLz guide

• 7 Comments
  • Tried everything :disappointed:. 29 May.
  • What is the reason you mention for taking LWP? How long w.... 14 Jun.
Maverick_2016
@Maverick_2016 5

Tried everything

Furious
Mohammed Yaseen Abbas @Furious

What is the reason you mention for taking LWP? How long was the duration you mentioned for LWP? Have you asked for release from the project? Was you applying LWP for medical reason?

Hello....

I am currently doing my MBA in Paris and wish to return to TCS after the completion of the course i.e., in July. Currently the university is providing only the Provisional degree certificate. The final degree and mark sheet will be sent later. So, will it create any problem during the rejoining?

• It would be sufficient, however, final degree & Markshee.... 02 Jul.
metarunabh

It would be sufficient,  however, final degree & Marksheet are required to initiate compensation refitment process.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

953 people follow this discussion.