Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 200   

In TCS..if say after a work ex of 2 years you opt for a 2 yr MBA course...and then again comeback and work for 1 more year...then what will be written in your experience certificate? 
2+2(MBA)+1= 5 years work-ex or just 2+1 = 3 years of work-ex?
please advise.

• It would be 2+2+1=5 years......if u rejoin after LWP, it.... 2d.
  • Thanks Saurabh. If I could ask, what is the exit clause .... 2d.
saurabh058
suman saurabh @saurabh058 44

It would be  2+2+1=5 years......if u rejoin after LWP, it's counted as your experience...!!

suvoram
suvoram @suvoram

Thanks Saurabh.

If I could ask, what is the exit clause after you complete LWP? I mean is there any fixed number years that you need to serve once you have availed the LWP? is there any bond amount that you need to pay if you decide to move out? @saurabh058 

what is the notice period in TCS and what is the exit procedure if one gets admission in a B-school? Do they let you leave easily or is it frowned upon?

"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam"- Hannibal
Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store

Hi guys...I have SPJAIN PGCIM course. Through that program only, I will be doing the rest of my management program from IESEG school of management, Paris which is top b school in Paris where I will be awarded the mba degree. It is a one year course followed by 4-6 months of internship.

I am on sabbatical. My experience is 2 yrs 8 months. My current package is 4.32 lpa and have got C in the last two appraisals.

Can anyone kindly tell me how much can I expect after I return?

Has anyone rejoined TCS(2015 or before) after completing PGDM from IMT Ghaziabad on sabbatical. Pls tell(if it can be revealed) what was the revised package offered and how it was dependent on experience and previous bands

Hi All, 

I worked for TCS for 2.5 yrs and left for oracle for a good  CTC . Now my current yrs of experience is 3.7 . I am looking to come back to TCS for onsite opportunities. Tell me if I can get ITA for 3.7 yrs ? What would be my CTC if could get ITA ?

Do LWP candidates are eligible for the one time bonus announced by TCS? Anyone currently in LWP did receive one time bonus?

• 3 Comments
  • Yes!. 30 Jun.
  • Got it today. 30 Jun.

Hi,

Could anyone please throw some light on the Assistant System Analyst profile (Grade C1). Is it more on the lines of a BA profile? What kind of work can i expect?

Hi Puys, I am going on Sabbatical from TCS . I want to know if I resign in the middle of LWP or after 2 years of LWP, Do I have to pay for the Notice period  ?

• no. 24 Jun.
  • No!. 25 Jun.

I want advice. I was selected in tcs on campus. But unfortunately got backlog. i have not started aspire .my friends have been getting their joining letter. i have applied for recheck. But if the result remain same how to delay joining .should I start aspire, plz help

• 3 Comments
  • thanks. but i like to know, should i be giving aspire tes.... 22 Jun.
  • Take Up the aspire test.But I don't think there is a prov.... 23 Jun.
Sandman2
The Monster @Sandman2

thanks. but i like to know, should i be giving aspire test or wait for recheck,, and also if result remains the same .then is there a provision i would be attending ilp(training) with remaining backlog.

arlok2005
Lokesh @arlok2005 23

Take Up the aspire test.But I don't think there is a provision to attend ilp with backlogbacklog.

I am going for an mba course in vgsom iit kgp. I have compltd around 3 yrs in tcs. I have applied for lwp in tcs. I have kept this as a backup option if I don't get a good offer at college. If I resign after 2 years or in between lwp period, do I need to serve notice period. Will keeping lwp as an option violate anything during internships and placements. Will I get experience certificate now or only after resigning.

• 6 Comments
  • Yes!. 18 Jun.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

872 people follow this discussion.