About this discussion

Last updated

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 201   

I am on sabbatical and doing my MBA at Paris. There is a requirement of an academic internship of 4-6 months as a part of the course. 

I wish to do my internship at TCS France or any other offices of TCS in Europe. Can anyone please let me know what is the procedure for applying for internships and what are the chances of getting an internship opportunity there?

Does anybody knows in which tier new IIMs( Ranchi/Raipur/Rohtak/Udaipur/Trichy) fall ?? How much package would we get in TCS after returning from LWP ( if MBA is done from any of these institutes). 

• Y will anyone return to TCS after MBA from IIM?. 15h.
87 LN @87ln 869

Y will anyone return to  TCS after MBA from IIM?

TCS - 24 months (exact 2 yrs) work ex, and got 'C' band as the only appraisal I got through. Doing MBA in PGDM-FS in KJ Somaiya Mumbai.

1). What Package can I expect?

2). What factors are considered for evaluation of Package?

Also my senior with same situation land into tcs mumbai with around 8lpa.

TCS 33 months experience,4.4 last package(C band).LWP for XIMB BM. How much can i get?Please reply

Will TCS conduct off campus for 2014 batch?

Hello ppl,

Currently I am pursuing second yr PGDM from SIMSR (somaiya mumbai - grade B ,tier 2 ) and on TCS sabbatical. I have total exp of 2.5 years in TCS and got a B band in my last appraisal.

So what will be the  approx package if I wish to join back TCS ? 

• I know this is not related to your question but just out .... 11 Nov.
  • @ScottSummers I have the same querry. How are the placeme.... 19 Nov.
Shely pathak @Shel04 1

I know this is not related to your question but just out of curiosity i want to ask about the placement situation of somaniya mumbai? Is it good in term of placement,one should opt for it or not. Thanks in advance.

Ibad Sayyed @aimJB 326

@ScottSummers I have the same querry. How are the placements at SIMSR?

I have completed Masters Degree from a Tier 2 University in UK in 2011, and have a total relevant work exp of 4.5 years now. Getting paid around 5.0 L in TCS. Is this is fair, kindly suggest guys. Need to take decisions ASAP. My current designation is ASY (Systems Engineer)

What is the minimum criteria to encash earned leaves ? 

I have 20 EL as of now ..

• I think ELs can be encashed only when you have 38 of them.... 29 Sep.
  • I think the count is 42 not 38. 11 Oct.
Shina Ansari @shina18 11

I think ELs can be encashed only when you have 38 of them accumulated. 

You could read more about it on Ultimatix.

I think the count is 42 not 38

How much of the pay is fixed and how much of it is variable pay for a grade C2 employee (ITA). How much of the Variable pay we end up getting generally in TCS?

• Any idea , anyone?. 09 Oct.

What will be the package offered after MBA from Christ university (main campus) , considering i will be having 2.3 months of work ex  by next year? 

Plus the fees is really less compared to other b schools.

Fees being the main criteria for me.

• Is the salary fixed ? or variable ?. 22 Sep.
  • 6 lpa. 31 Oct.
Cat cracker @Tcser125 2

Is the salary fixed ? or variable ?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

886 people follow this discussion.