About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@inddutt

Tags

Designations and Pay scales in TCS

Hi All, Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of ex...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 128   
TCS prepares for restructuring; may ask non-performers to leave
TCS prepares for restructuring; may ask non-performers to leave
(Although details of this...) BENGALURU: Tata Consultancy Services is preparing to undertake a restructuring exercise, under which senior executives which the country's largest information-technology services company believes are non-performers will be asked to leave. Although details of this remain sketchy, the Mumbai-based software exporter downplays any such process by calling it a regular exercise undertaken by the company regularly.

Indiatimes

CAT '13 : 80.82 

Hi all...i m doing MBA from IIFT Delhi...on Sabbatical from TCS...TCS Work ex...5 yrs..last band C..can anyone tell me the package which I can consider if i decide to go back to TCS

• 12 Comments
  • plus they add mba duration in work ex if college lies in .... 3d.
  • @ankesh11 yeah dey ll count ..i missed it .....u can get .... 2d.
ankesh11
ANKESH SINGH @ankesh11 26

plus they add mba duration in work ex if college lies in tier 1..guess so..so for it would be 5 + 2 yrs...though no concrete proof

dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 553

@ankesh11 yeah dey ll count ..i missed it .....u can get minimum of 10.7 

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

Anyone who can refer me for TCS referral drive, kindly reply. I am from 2014 batch.

• usually TCS hires freshers thru campus ..if any we ll le.... 28 Nov.
  • @aimJB :Just follow below if that helps.All the best. .... 02 Dec.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 553

usually TCS  hires freshers thru campus ..if any we ll let u know

zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 3
@aimJB :Just follow below if that helps.All the best.                                                                 

Now,some important things which are preferred are one Resume,a PAN Card,a passport,first class results also.

Next,you can register your profile online and await for calls from TCS directly:

1. Visit : http://careers.tcs.com/CareersDesign/Jsps/CareersHome.jsp

2. Go to "Entry Level Freshers" and click on that hyperlink

3. Go to right side and click on "New candidate Register here " option

4. Next page will prompt you to choose "Off campus applicant" and your URL automatically will be appearing as https://nextstep.tcs.com/campus/

5. Fill in that form with contact number and all known details.

6. You may be needed to prepare one resume,so you can make one using a sample given by me as attachement.

7. Once you submit that form,you will get one Reference number or secret code, TCS HRs will sometime call you for telephonic interview or in person interview,based on vacancies. 

8. Help Line number 1800-209-3111(Toll Free) for authentic information on Off Campus hiring at all times.You can call this number if you have any doubt in the process.

Hello Friends,

Need sincere advise on a query. I have 28months of work experience in TCS, I desire to pursue PGPM course from Great lakes with LWP. What will be the re-fitment package that TCS assigns after PGPM course?  

• 8 Comments
  • @Ashu dubey,Now, Point of doing MBA would be only to chan.... 03 Dec.
  • @dubeyp0000 17 lac approximate is the fee...u can try abr.... 03 Dec.
I can accept failure but Not 'Not trying'.  
Ravisingh Rajput @590584

@Ashu dubey,Now, Point of doing MBA would be only to change your field from Technology to Management. I don't see any worth Hike in the payscale after spending 20 lacs for this course.  

dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 553

@dubeyp0000 17 lac approximate is the fee...u can try abroad fr mba or only in top IIMs (1 yr pgm hving 5 yr of exp next yr) 

When will TCS conduct next off campus drive for 2014 batch? Any idea?

Need ideas on what salary and designation to expect in GCP after an experience of about 8 yrs(excluding 2 yr MBA). Please help with inputs. Few people suggested me to nego for AST whereas few others suggested ASSOC.

• 3 Comments
  • Did u take a sabbatical from TCS for ur 2 year MBA and jo.... 19 Nov.
  • no it was all diff organizations before and after mba.. 19 Nov.
naman.tuteja
Gaurav Naman Tuteja @naman.tuteja 30

Did u take a sabbatical from TCS for ur 2 year MBA and joined back ??

vikash_rintoo
@vikash_rintoo

no it was all diff organizations before and after mba.

GCP or Presales in TCS after MBA ?? Please suggest

• try for product based, anyways tcs is good too. 06 Nov.

TCS delhi or pune ? which is better to join as a fresher ?

• 4 Comments
  • pune.. dont come to delhi no projects and moreover Gurgoa.... 20 Nov.
  • thanks guys ! :smiley:. 25 Nov.

Does someone have tcs placement papers?

Hey anyone receive call latter from Goa shipyard limited exam on 9th November

My frnd left TCS  recently within 2 years. of joining.They have sent him a letter and a mail asking for bond money ..They have deducted amount of earned leave cash(i.e they are asking for around 38k.He has  replied them by sayng that he dnt have money and wil pay after gettng his PF amount...Now he has joined some psu..and made a new pf account..He is unwilling to withdraw tcs PF amount as they are asking for reason of withdrawal of pf amnt..He had got the joining recently for psu after resignation...so he cant mention d reason as sitting unemployed for 2 months..and if he mentions other reasons..tcs might crosscheck...Is it okk dat he doesnt pay the bond amount...??Wont it affect his job in psu in future..??Kindly reply..

• First of all any employee can not be retained on the basi.... 07 Nov.
koustavnaha
sandy kn @koustavnaha 320

First of all any employee can not be retained on the basis of basis of bondage it is illegal in India..if ur friend files a case Tcs will be in a big problem..these more ons think they knows everything and can choke on whatever they need.....tell ur friend to withdraw PF amount and not to give a single penny to Tcs... instead send a abusive mail that will be cooler.  

Hello,I am an ITA in TCS wef 1 July 2014. As per latest package,my CTC is Rs 574657 . Basic is Rs 14000pm.

Now I am 4.75 years exp as on Sep 2014.

Next salary hike will be by April 2015 only.

I am expecting that I get a C band.

Please advise what will be the next hike and corresponding CTC that I can get. Thanks in advance

• if u take ,TCS gives 10% hike for C band ...ur salry incr.... 17 Sep.
  • @dvchinmaya Expected reply . tHANKS a lot for prompt solu.... 17 Sep.
dvchinmaya
C D V @dvchinmaya 553

if u take ,TCS gives 10% hike for C band ...ur salry increases by 57465......

zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 3

@dvchinmaya Expected reply . tHANKS a lot for prompt solution

Hello, 

I am currently working in TCS for last 9 months and recently I resigned my job for seeking a better opportunity in another MNC. I don't have a healthy relation with my current manager. For the background verification in my new organization, I provided the contact details for my current manager (which was mandatory as a part of the background verification form). 

Now I am worried with what if: 

1) My manager provides a poor feedback if he is called up for a verification process by my new employer? 

2) In case of a poor feedback from my current manager, how shall I overcome this situation in my new organization? 

Please advice, I am really worried on this. 

Regards.

• 8 Comments
  • Visit below link if you want to make Background checks a.... 17 Sep.
  • No issues man, Manager wont do anything and even if it do.... 28 Sep.
zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 3

Visit below link  if you want to make Background checks as simple as that

https://nationalskillsregistry.com/nasscom/pageflows/itp/itpTransactions/ItpTransactionsController.j...  

National Skills Registry

Visit us at https://nationalskillsregistry.com

NSR Help-desk: nsr@nsdl.co.in Call us at: 022 - 4914 2575 / 2576 / 2577

dubeyp0000
dubey dubey @dubeyp0000 454

No issues man, Manager wont do anything and even if it does, it doesnt matter to your next company

hi.

I am rejoining TCS after 1 year PGDM in finance from LSE( london school of economics). I am 5.8 yrs of experience excluding my 1 yr LWD. But any how this 1 yr is accounted during refitment. Currently i am allocated into a project as business analyst role( not designation) but my reftment is still in process. 

I have a A in my previous rating and draw 9L per annum. What could be my possible change in package and the grade offered. currently my old grade is C2.

Pls share your insights or possible package/ grade/ designation the LSE s rating wrt to TCS( like Tier 1 or 2)

• Hello,as you mentioned that you are now allocated to one .... 08 Sep.
  • hey, if possible can u share the list of tier one and tie.... 29 Nov.
zhussain
zh zh @zhussain 3

Hello,as you mentioned that you are now allocated to one project and you finished 1 year LWP also, so your annual CTC will remain the same as was applicable to you during the Beginning of LWP. Your grade C2 will also remain same since 4-7 years associates are in c2 grade with ITA designation. I hope that you will get same salary as you drew prior to your LWP start date. In next April 2015,new Band will be released and your hike will be according to that,if your new band in performance is C or B or A. Hope this resolves your doubt. You may let me know if you get any different update apart from my writings above.

Clifford_Dsouza
Cliff@13 @Clifford_Dsouza 11

hey, if possible can u share the list of tier one and tier two colleges followed by tcs..

I will be leaving TCS on my 9th month of employment Does TCS re-hire their ex-employees? Any information on this is very much appreciated. 

• 5 Comments
  • @dvchinmaya Can you please guide me how to verify this? .... 30 Aug.
  • @Bunta u can check the docs in knowmax. 30 Aug.
Bunta
Bunty Bunty @Bunta 8
@dvchinmaya

Can you please guide me how to verify this? I don't want to get in touch with my reporting HR. Still 2 weeks left for my last working day at TCS, can you please let me know how to clarify this?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

784 people follow this discussion.