SHOW

Cricket Trivia and Discussions

Hi puys, Time to close this ages old thread now. http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/1917-cricket-trivia-and-discussions.html Please continue here with all the cricket related discussions. :smiley:

After a long time fantasy cricket is back again

League for T-20 WC.

http://games.espncricinfo.com/fantasy/homepage.aspx

League name- PaGalGuys

Password- pagalguys

Starting 21st March.

Get ready with your teams, after all it might be a good warm-up for mecca of all forms of cricket errr fantasy, IPL.

New thread for discussion -

@raghav507 @Sherjil @TRUEINDIAN @shashankvenkat3 @[59285:BLUFFMASTER!!!] @chuck_gopal @anshul_mechie @pagalguy @dark-phoenix @ThinkAce and other cricket lovers....

• 3 Likes  
  • Will make my team today :mg:. 20 Mar.
NMIMS (Core): 2013-15
hello people
what do you think about the India - NZ ODI series going on these days.
would like to hear your views.
is Indian team a curious case of being good at home and not being able to make a mark away.
lets discuss.
  • 3 Likes   14Comments
  • it was a 'great escape' :mg:. 26 Jan.
  • Sir has tied the match for India :grin: :mg:. 25 Jan.
  14 Comments
vivekarora
Vivek Arora @vivekarora 5.8 k
To your point @raghav507 , When Kohli, Dhoni can adapt to grounds, situation, Why can't others? We should not stick to likes of Rohit Sharma, Rahaneand Raina. Need to give chance to other players same as England did. New players are given chances and Stokes, Buttler are delivering.
PaceIsAce
paceisace @PaceIsAce 6.4 k
Won't be an bad idea to promote Ashwin as opener :mg: .... He will perform better than Rohit for sure :mg:
MOCK CAT By ITM Business School

- Full Length Mock CAT Papers
- Practice on the Real CAT Examination Interface

- Access till the end of the Exam
- Personalized Test Analytics 

Get Started!

The most practical B School ITM PGDM iConnect 2015-2017 is a 2 year full time AICTE approved Program.

Download Now
What a match!! One commentator aptly compared this test match to a horror movie...too gruesome to watch for fear of seeing a spectacular collapse but intrigued enough to keep your eyes on the action for fear of missing out on something too good to be true. The most exciting thing about tomorrow is that all 3 results are still possible.

Ind vs SA: From double centuries - to struggling to get into double figures, from pitches as flat as Sonam kapoor - to as bouncy as Shakira...

I remember these very English players doing nasty things with lords' pitch when they peed. i think now they come with diapers on to face Johnson mg

• 1 Like  

Number 15 for Steyn against Hafeez! If cricket was chemistry, the bond between the two could be the most strongest with a lot of affinity! mg

• can anyone tell me what Ishant Sharma is doing in ODI team??. 25 Nov '13.
  • total politics. 25 Nov '13.
Anyone of an opinion that England making a comeback..? #The Ashes
  • 1 Like  
India wins the first one-day......

Special story of a very special talent...

• 1 Like  

Not a good day for the employers in India, expect attendance at work/ school tomorrow to be record low.

But ultimately this is a once in a lifetime moment and Sachin is a once in a generation cricketer, so perhaps a little white lie about cough or poorly relative will be okay.

Good luck tomorrow, double ton to leave everyone wanting more.#ThankyouSachin

• No office tomorrow..I am gonna down with 'stomach infection'. 15 Nov '13.
  • True that.. m missing office tommorow :stuck_out_tongue:. 15 Nov '13.
Close to 4 months since last post was made on this thread... There was a time when this thread used to move 4 pages daily... I guess new generation is more inclined towards other sports mg

Even Sachin's retirement is not pulling any crowd here
  • 4 Likes   13Comments
  • @EagleMenace well said bhai :clap:. 17 Nov '13.
  • bus bhai jivit hein :stuck_out_tongue: tum sunao ..mumb.... 14 Nov '13.
  13 Comments
PaceIsAce
paceisace @PaceIsAce 6.4 k
@sujamait Rajyavardhan Rathore first saw shooting range at age of 28 years... And he won the silver medal at olymics at the age of 34 thus becoming the first indian to win a silver medal in olymics...
Toh baat bas ye hai ki time sabka aata hai jaldi se ya fir der se... Par jab time aaye toh miss na karo mauka
sujamait
Sumit Jamwal @sujamait 9.1 k
@PaceIsAce dost pahle apni cgpa revive kar lo
cricket wale toh 40 pe retire ho gaye hein..apni toh innings shuru nhn hui hai.

Everyone is at will to lambaste Australia same way as they did to India when they lost 8 consecutive tests. Only difference is, latter had seniors not performing & former has that youngster have not filled in the shoes of seniors.

Now everything in at sea with India, the juniors who have replaced are doing great, we are winning ODI tournaments etc etc... But it should not be forgotten that this team is doing well in India conditions(in test) & the team will be terribly exposed when it goes to SF.

Hence when you relate the case with Australia, when Australia goes back home they will be again doing good(Not against a top notch English team). The youngster will start performing again, bowlers will take wickets & everything will be at sea. It takes a period of 4-5 years to be built a strong bench that can start winning series abroad.

I feel the past cricketers & Austrlian media are jumping the gun too far & too much. But I can understand the frustration of loss but it doesnt mean that it is the end Australian success..

Have patience with this team, they will bounce back & start doing well, but they to need to identify 11 best players & stick to them. In first place please give chance to Nathan lyon, he was given a long run to be picked in ashes & what happens ? you drop in at the perfect juncture !!!

• 2 Likes  

There is nothing like Ashes!

Personally for me Ashes was just one more cricketing series, I never knew it had so much history & meant so much for both the teams. With complete dominance of Australian cricket for over 2 decades the battle had become lopsided, with rejuvenation of English cricket things have turned around.

Since 2005 I have been more keenly following Ashes, I must admit that it is one most keenly contested & celebrated series.

Todays match was testament to that, what a match we have had. Its been long time since I saw such a tough cricket being played over a period of 5 days. It was long time since I saw such a see saw battle.

Have to appreciate Aussies, they have not come up with such a strong team, but what a fighting spirit these guys have shown. As Steve waugh said, they have played the Aussies way!!!

• 2 Likes  
  • i guess the quality of cricket can b primarily attributed.... 15 Jul '13.
karan20
Karan 20 @karan20 1.0 k
i guess the quality of cricket can b primarily attributed to quality of pitches u have in england,, u get swing & bounce on first 2 days, good for batting on 3 rd day & spin on balance days.... so 1 can see all the flavors of a team in the match..... unlike in sub continent where 500- 600 + scores r routine....

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

244 people follow this discussion.