Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
MD SHAMIM @PAGALGUY.India

Tags

Computer Queries, News and Updates

Hello Puy's ! After a long and successful run of our previous Computer Queries thread, I am opening this brand new thread for any kinda queries,discussions,news or updates related to Computer. Previous Computer Queries thread :: * ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 27 of 68   

Hi i have Windows 7 OS (OG ) should i install any anti virus for a safer side...which anti virus is good which doesnt use RAM so much..

JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013

then what i should do.should i uninstalled them or any other solution if you have........

Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store
in my lap on software i got black color.don't know what to do.plz help me
i am using avira antivirus and vista os.......
thanx in advance!!!!!!!

I think it may be due to a theme installed in your OS.
CAT 2012: 98.62

in my lap on software i got black color.don't know what to do.plz help me
i am using avira antivirus and vista os.......
thanx in advance!!!!!!!

Okay, I found the way to get the pic full page and not just in one corner... *sacchi mucchi mey stupid*

Now only one question remains.. how do i check the resolution?
Is it edit->>Preferences->>Resolution?
My jpeg file was 200 dpi. By above method, custom resolution is shown as 110 pixels/inch. do i have to manually change it to 200 dpi?

please see this:

How to convert JPEG to PDF

i did do that & i also ran a full system scan but no avail

now the problem is that any drive i m connecting shows all folders in it as shortcuts & when i remove them all the data in the drive gets corrupted

I will again say that its due to a virus.
Re-install your OS and see if the problem gets solved.

@harry

as u said u got new laptop is this problem from start if yes try re installing windows

if no try restore system to earlier point of time :)

let us know the result

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers
To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
Click the Hardware tab.
Click the Device Manager button.
Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

copied from
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310575

• 1 Like  
kapil.viit Says
may be memory card is corrupt try different one :)

I did try variuos drives all with same result

Its due to a virus on your pc.
Install a good antivirus on your pc. update it and then perform a full system scan.

i did do that & i also ran a full system scan but no avail

i had put my query on dell support also but they said it was due to drive not removed using safely remove hardware option which i agree might be the case coz whenever i try to remove the drive it gives me an option to eject the drive but even after selecting the option it does not confirm that " it is safe to remove the hardware" so i just pull it out manually

now the problem is that any drive i m connecting shows all folders in it as shortcuts & when i remove them all the data in the drive gets corrupted
Everything seems impossible till its done--Nelson Mandela https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpressionism/238984152788657

Install "save as pdf" addin in MS Word . (just google it)
then, copy all the JPEGs to MS Word.
Now goto Save as-> pdf .

You are done . enjoy...

Okay, I found the way to get the pic full page and not just in one corner... *sacchi mucchi mey stupid*

Now only one question remains.. how do i check the resolution?
Is it edit->>Preferences->>Resolution?
My jpeg file was 200 dpi. By above method, custom resolution is shown as 110 pixels/inch. do i have to manually change it to 200 dpi?

Now goto Save as-> pdf .

You are done . enjoy...

Barney aka ankit,
Thnks
U hav suggested the most hassle free way..
Now a couple of follow-up questions:
1. How do i check the resolution of the pic in pdf form? (I need it to be 200dpi)
2. Pfa sample pic. Now how abt the empty space. Is thats how the pdf image files supposed to look or there is a way by which, when pdf pic files are open they can b viewed as a complete page?

Regards
sirjee u said u use wcdma mode so why less speed

PS :sry for spam just curious ;):splat:

its KBps - kilobytes per sec and not kilobits.

Hi,

How does one convert jpg file to pdf?

I googled out, there are many sites doing it online for free.. however post conversion, they ask you to download a file.. Im a bit hesitant to do that, given the fact that my laptop has been formatted once already, since i downloaded an exe tht turned out to b a malware!!! :shocked:
Also conversion kiya toh dwnload toh karna padega! Hobson's Choice!!!

Also there are softwares available for dwnload.. again im wary of these...

So any suggestions? anyone used some software/website and havnt had trouble? Plz let me know!

Now goto Save as-> pdf .

You are done . enjoy...

Guys i m facing a peculiar issue with my new Inspiron

I tried connecting my phone using USB mode rather than OVI suite to transfer some files..it started showing all folders in my mass memory as shortcuts & then when i removed the phone the mass memory got corrupted & i had to get my phone formatted

Later on i connected a friends Hard drive to the lappy same thing happened..

Is it some kind of virus or is the USB port not correctly installed

Any kind of help appreciated!!!!!

Its due to a virus on your pc.
Install a good antivirus on your pc. update it and then perform a full system scan.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

308 people follow this discussion.