About this discussion

Last updated

Author
MD SHAMIM @PAGALGUY.India

Tags

Computer Queries, News and Updates

Hello Puy's ! After a long and successful run of our previous Computer Queries thread, I am opening this brand new thread for any kinda queries,discussions,news or updates related to Computer. Previous Computer Queries thread :: * ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 27 of 46   
good thread..

Guys,
I have problem with the DVD drive of my laptop..
I have Dell Studio and this is the second time I am having this problem.. 1st time it was under warranty so changed it..

Now the warranty is expired.. And DVD drive again not detecting dvds/cds..
The guy who had came to change the dvd drive had told me that its being an open lens dvd drive the dust covers the lens and hence the problem..

Is there any solution for this or I have to change the drive??

Well dust on Drive lens always causes problem. Thats why i prefer to keep a blank disk in my drive all the time, empty drive will get dust eventually. I am not sure if Drive cleaners work, but you can try those if available.
  • 1 Like  

good thread..

Guys,
I have problem with the DVD drive of my laptop..
I have Dell Studio and this is the second time I am having this problem.. 1st time it was under warranty so changed it..

Now the warranty is expired.. And DVD drive again not detecting dvds/cds..
The guy who had came to change the dvd drive had told me that its being an open lens dvd drive the dust covers the lens and hence the problem..

Is there any solution for this or I have to change the drive??

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

Puys, I need techie advice on this matter. Since I'm falling short of even a 2TB internal HDD storage, I now plan to go in for a 10 TB server with 1 TB*10 units of preferably Seagate 3.5". Could anyone tell me what exactly will be the hardware required for this setup, & the cost involved?

For those interested in building a server on their own, with tech knowledge, here's an interesting blog:

How to build an inexpensive 10TB raid array - The ASSEMblergames.com - Home of the obscure

thanx..bro......it works.................

The first recipe for Happiness is : avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.
hey freinds..
do nybdy knows how to replace album art pic with our own pic while playing window media player 12.0 .......

check the link
Add or change album art in Windows Media Player

Click the Library tab, and then browse to the album that is missing art.

Find a picture that you want to use for album art (the picture can be on your computer or on a webpage), right-click the picture, and then click Copy.

The original picture can be in any of the following formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, or TIFF.

In your library, right-click the album art box, and then click Paste Album Art.

A copy of the picture is embedded into each of the songs from that album. The copy of the picture is automatically scaled to the appropriate size and converted to the JPEG format before it is embedded in the file. The original picture file is not modified.

Note

If you cannot add album art manually, verify that you have permission to modify the file. For example, right-click the file, and then click Open File Location. In the folder, right-click the file, click Properties, and then clear the Read-only check box if it is selected.
  • 1 Like  
smile when it hurts most

hey freinds..
do nybdy knows how to replace album art pic with our own pic while playing window media player 12.0 .......

The first recipe for Happiness is : avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.

hp dv6 review anybody?
wat abt HP envy ?

My Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop fan has suddenly stopped working when I came back after a 10 hour traveling. The same prob occurred an year ago also but it got fixed on its own in a day. But this time its been more than a week and the prob is still there. Whenever i switch my laptop on then it works fine for first 10 mins and then it suddenly gets off without going to any reboot or shut down mode. The prob which I could figure out is that bcoz fan is not working then that means when my laptop gets over heated then it gets off on its own...
Somebody pls help what to do...I tried to open my laptop but didnt figured out which screws to unscrew and which one not...

Dell laptops do get switched off on their own when they get overheated...
The best thing to do would be to get the fan replaced, it comes as a part of the whole heat sink unit..
  • 1 Like  
The first step towards reaching your life's goals is deciding what those goals are!!

Final Version of latest Firefox v4.0 is here: http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-4.0&os;=win〈=en-US

Cheers!

• 1 Like  
This is because you OS is infected by some virus.
A simple solution is to right click on the drive and click on the explore option. The drive will open. Or you can use the drop down at the top of thw window to open the desired derive

If you want to solve this problem download a register cleaner. This problem is mainly due to some changes in registry files .

I think you are correct, Is registry cleaner can solve such type of problem or there is need to format all the drive.

My Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop fan has suddenly stopped working when I came back after a 10 hour traveling. The same prob occurred an year ago also but it got fixed on its own in a day. But this time its been more than a week and the prob is still there. Whenever i switch my laptop on then it works fine for first 10 mins and then it suddenly gets off without going to any reboot or shut down mode. The prob which I could figure out is that bcoz fan is not working then that means when my laptop gets over heated then it gets off on its own...
Somebody pls help what to do...I tried to open my laptop but didnt figured out which screws to unscrew and which one not...

dbnilanjan Says
Whats the best laptop within 30k.....and I am buying a laptop for the 1st time so I wanna know is how long do they usually last ??? Will they last as long as a PC ???

I'd also like to recommend Lenovo.
Check out the prices:

Official Website
Lenovo Laptop Price List India - Latest Lenovo Y, G, N Series Laptop Prices

Hope it helps
:)
dbnilanjan Says
Whats the best laptop within 30k.....and I am buying a laptop for the 1st time so I wanna know is how long do they usually last ??? Will they last as long as a PC ???

Hi,
The best laptop for 30k or below is Lenovo..It's good for it's price...And I think none of the laptops will be as usable as desktop...If you re going to use it for long hours then I suggest you to go for a desktop rather than the laptop...:cheerio::cheerio:
  • 1 Like  

Back Up Your Web E-Mail Account:
Yes, we know--it's hard enough to remember to back up your desktop, your laptop, your smartphone, and your tablet, and now we want you to think about backing up your cloud-based e-mail account, too.

This may seem like a drag, but we're not being paranoid. Recently, 150,000 Gmail users were left in the dark when a glitch in Google's system deleted all of their e-mail messages and disabled their Gmail accounts. Sure, only 0.02 percent of Gmail's user base was affected, but that 0.02 percent was pretty ticked off, to say the least. Luckily, Google not only keeps multiple copies of user data in multiple data centers (under different circumstances, knowing this fact might actually make you feel worse), but it also keeps tape backups, and thus was able to restore the deleted e-mail within a week.
The recent Gmail outage may have ended happily, but it still should be a wake-up call for anyone who relies too heavily on the cloud. The time to back up your Web-based e-mail is now.

Read More...Click here

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

185 people follow this discussion.