Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Allwin Agnel @pagalguy

Tags

Commerce Q & A - It will help during your PIs

Hello All, I am attaching below a file which contains 149 files I had collected as preparation for last year's PIs. All the files have to do with answers to questions you might be asked with respect to commerce, b.com, accounts , consultancy,...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 7 of 14   

Hi PG...I tried ur link for downloading the commerce Q & A... I think the link's inactivated....can u plz activate it and pm me the password?

thanx

Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Newtons third law Action = equal and opposite reaction

Differentiate between Entrophy & Enthalpy
http://www.entropysite.com/students_approach.html
enthalpy (H) is defined to be the sum of the internal energy (E) plus the product of the pressure (p) and volume (V),

What is entropy?
http://www.entropysite.com/students_approach.html
What is an actuator and manipulator (in robotics)?
Actuator is a component which actuates motion.
Manipulator is the end effector of a robot.

Draw diesel cycles Differentiate between 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines. What is octane number?
Octane number: percentage of iso octane in a mixture of iso octane and heptane.

How are cylinders in a maruti engine balanced, though its a three cylinder engine?
The cranks are at an angle of 120 degrees to each other. So the balancing is automatically done.(Not very sure of this)

Difference between forward and backward drive in automobiles?
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/020619.htm
What is push, pull, KANBAN, CONWIP? ( production control related questions )
PUSH: method where production begins in advance of customer needs
PULL: method where customer demand activates production of item.
KANBAN:developed by TOYOTA . kanban means visible record. Basically, a card is attached to a container of items produced. When the user of the items empties the container, the card is sent to the producer signaling the need to product another container of items. When the container is filled the card is again placed in it and sent to the storage area for the user to pick up.
Important parameters:
1)container represents a particular percentage of daily production.so no of containers is of great significance. Model is developed to determine the number of containers .

What is the use of differential in a vehicle? Why is it not used in a bullock cart?
To facilitate turning. In a bullock cart both the wheels can turn independent of each other.

What do you know about Hardness numbers? How are they measured?
Dont know definition. Various testing machines available for both destructive and non destructive testing. Like Rockwell, brinnel and Knoop. (only these were present in our lab so dunno abt others :))

What is an IC engine? Give an example of an external combustion engine? What is a 100 cc engine? How does cylinder capacity affect engine performance?
eg for EC engine is Steam engine.

What is Bernoullis equation? Give 2 examples of where it is used?
Eg: pressure measuring devices- venturi tube, nozzles etc for flow measurement and
To measure coefficient of drag on aeroplanes etc.

What is flexible manufacturing system ( FMS ) ?
FMS is a config of computer controlled semi automatic workstations where materials are automatically handled and machine loaded.
It has 3 parts.
1)series of automatic workstations(like CNCs and robots to perform required tasks).
2)Automatic Transport system to transport materials frm 1 workspace to another.
3)Loading and unloading stations.
rogerx Says
have downloaded the file but it wouldnt open without a password..can i have the password??

duh!
its clearly mentioned there.. that the password is
rock on!

have downloaded the file but it wouldnt open without a password..can i have the password??

shashi

hey..cudnt open d file..wats up wid d password funda..
plzzzz send me d details of how to go bout it..d download itself is gettin atkoed baar baar..
HELP...HELP...HELP...

mtmt Says
hi pagalguy could u upload the file again ? it's not available now thanks a lot

Isnt this link working ???
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/dload.php?action=file&file;_id=1

hi pagalguy could u upload the file again ? it's not available now thanks a lot

Hi , can i have to pwd plz at l_mayuri@yahoo.co.in

Mayuri

hey...the pwd is already put up there along with the description...... u can download the file from the download section @ http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/dload.php?action=file&id;=1

Cheers
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||

Hi , can i have to pwd plz at l_mayuri@yahoo.co.in

Mayuri

Hello PG(Allwin),

Just completed dowloading the GD/PI/GK files. The download section is one good mine for a lot of info and relevant stuff. Life is surely different now with your forum around.

Thanks once again,
Arps.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

77 people follow this discussion.