About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Darshan

Tags

Coaching classes for CAT ??

Hi Friends Im Darshan, currently working in Tata Honeywell Ltd. I recently joined. Planning to give CAT this year. I hope my association with this site would be helpful to me and all. I have this query.... How useful is taking coaching ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 123   
Hi! I have already joined TIME 4 AIMCAT, n i think i must join another test series..because i think
more tests one takes the better it is..Bt i dnt knw which 1 to go in 4? CL or IMS...?
IMS is offering discount also based on previous years CAT performance bt CL isnt..
Still m tempted 2 go in 4 CL..Ne suggestions puys?

If ur VA is not good , then go for IMS else go for CL as not much of difference is there in the level of questions for QA and DI of both TIME and CL
  • 1 Like  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
hey vivek
no doubt what u r telling is true but....but now i think v hav to go with CAT flow. CAT format has changed so it has become necessary for all us to focus primarily on online preparation. we ll be facing additional challenges to cros this CBT test.... for ex-- now during CAT v wont be able to underline imp info, v hav to re-draw important figs. and re-write imp data points. dats y it is very imp that while preparing for online CAT v shuld refer lots of questions online, read online and appear for tests online.....
in this matter i think cl n time r still focussin on paper based coaching; i found few gud websites including pg, tg, mycatstudy.com and *********.......these website are gud for online CAT prep. just bcaus cl n time are famous, v shuld not bcome part of this rat race...

Hi,

i never said a complete no-no for online resources but its always better to start with paper based material and then move on to online resources for practice purpose as its difficult to get grasp of the concepts online. GMAT is also online but people always start with OG,Kaplan and other books to get a grasp of the concepts. Online tests and readings can be used in parallel with paper based material or in the later phase of preparation.
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

@ liquid dreams
can you provide link of patrik sir website

Hi! I have already joined TIME 4 AIMCAT, n i think i must join another test series..because i think
more tests one takes the better it is..Bt i dnt knw which 1 to go in 4? CL or IMS...?
IMS is offering discount also based on previous years CAT performance bt CL isnt..
Still m tempted 2 go in 4 CL..Ne suggestions puys?

The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat

Puys ,

My thoughts.

1) Since CAT 2010 will be online.. CL online exams are smoother and better without any hiccups. I was part of their Classroom program for CAT 2009 and being an average student got an IIM call.
2) Secondly , CL PDP boot camp post CAT for IIM Call Getters is really good. A must attend.

3) CL Staff members and center heads are more friendly compared to TIME. I have called TIME offices in bangalore , they are sometimes rude and give vague replies

4) Finally , It depends on the student completely to crack CAT.. Coaching institutes merely guide us.

Aravindan

anbody needing career launcher's study materials,exercise sheets,test series,last 5years papers of cat,xat,snap..etc in kolkata...even i can provide wit 25 mockcats online..
intested ppl can post m..

ANYBODY needing TIME + CAREER LAUNCHER MATERIAL in bangalore pm me. I got admission to IIMK and i am leaving town in one week. I have extra test papers etc available as well. I am also in a hurry and will give a good deal. Test series and along with this material should suffice for a good coaching insti. interested people pm me asap.

Hi

Pls share the contact details of Patrick Sir (private coaching) so that we can join the same.

Patrick sirs class is known by the name ***** Academy. You can get his contact details is ***** Academy.
hey mrinal,
thanx for ur info and gyan, it was grt; but can you giv sum more info about online courses; plz dont say time and CL, i have tried their online packages and they are shit so plz
rgds
billa.....

Buddy,
Online resources are not so good ,they are good only for the beginers so better start with a paper based material of one of the top coaching institutes for basics and few books(QA & DI ) and previous year papers of CAT (VA).Also, practice questions from PG,TG etc. and mock papers of TIME,IMS and CL.
anyone plz advice me ab8 da course "MBA ON DEMAND" by cl----how is da course?

whts its cost?

MBA on demand, at the best, shall help you in brushing up the basics and fundamentals of QA..I doubt that it will serve the purpose of classroom teaching,,,you can visit this link for more info:- MBA Test Prep on Demand - Online program to learn fundamentals of various topics that appear in CAT and other MBA Entrance Exams.

anyone plz advice me ab8 da course "MBA ON DEMAND" by cl----how is da course?

whts its cost?

I want to know about byju's coaching classes for CAT in DELHI, including batch start date, fees, duration and other things..Can anyone please help me out with it!!

time aimcats r undoubtedly da best although cat question pattern has changed in 2009(i thnk so..........),it is not same as in 2008(where qa was vry. tough)---so dose who hve gven cat 2009 do dey suggest 2 gve aimcats?????????

moreover,if ims simcats r vry good for VA thn i think it is better 2 gve simcats along with aimcats instead of cl mock cats

plz suggest.

thanks.

I think thats the best choice u can make - AIMCAT and SIMCAT .
Although, the QA level in CAT'09 was not quite AIMCATs make ur life relatively easy when it comes to handling even easy questions.
I personally feel that getting 99+ in QA is not tough if u have done good enough in AIMCAT QA .
  • 1 Like  

time aimcats r undoubtedly da best although cat question pattern has changed in 2009(i thnk so..........),it is not same as in 2008(where qa was vry. tough)---so dose who hve gven cat 2009 do dey suggest 2 gve aimcats?????????

moreover,if ims simcats r vry good for VA thn i think it is better 2 gve simcats along with aimcats instead of cl mock cats

plz suggest.

thanks.

Nirvana_MBA Says
buddy as long as i was in kolkata (till june 200...TIME was not so sought after...CL,IMS and ERUDITE were favourites...dnt know abt present TIME faculty...so i wont be able to say anything abt TIME kokata..but if i were to compare IMS and CL in kolkata i would definitely rate CL higher than IMS (i guess thats wat almost everybody around in kolkata would say)..even here in Pune its the same thing ....here in Pune there many other good options like BYJU sir's coaching and TATHAGAT..unfortunately ppl in kolkata do not have access to this coaching classes...any ways between CL and IMS ..go for CL

buddy nikunj sir is in cl rit nw..n yes he is very to fast to understnd... tats y w used 2tak shakeeb rehan's(very gud quants n lrdi faculty) instead
if some bdy really wants 2learn basics he is d best faculty at cl..
i think d faculty is same evrywhere.they keep visiting every branches for there classes..
overall in my personal view cl scores much better compared to its counterparts in kolkata..

Actually I live in Salt Lake..n I want to join somewhere in SL itself......n der is no CL in SL...so i gotta choose b/w TIME n IMS. I will get study materials of CL from a senior, n i think study mat of CL r d best. So I need to decide d insti on d basis of faculty only.
Kindly help me decide b/w IMS n TIME (Salt Lake branch only) on d basis of faculty....

Regards
Deep

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

899 people follow this discussion.