About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@maverick999

Tags

CFA books

Hi guyz.. i need ur help regarding this..im planning to write my cfa coming june...and i would like to know if there is anyway where we can get the indian version of the books or some kinnda.. cheap edition for the cfa books..the original costs ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 17   

I am still having my CFA L1 2010 Books. Original ones from the institute. PM with a price.

Hi,

Is anyone looking to buy CFA L2 books, PM with your mail? I have the 2011 edition from CFAI.

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Hello people,

If anyone is interested in ebooks of schweser notes, PM me. Just mention your email in PM.

Just to add, this thread is just awesome if you want to gain information on CFA. First 30-40 pages are worth reading. You'll also get all details of book stores in Mumbai, Delhi & other places.

Cheers!

• 1 Like  
Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your reply !! Do you have any contact no for these ...so that i can call them and check if they can courier me the material?

Thanks and regards,
Anand

om book-9833591215
Is it possible for some one to share contact details of laxmi xerox or om book centre in mumbai for a copy of CFA material?

Thanks

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/career-discussions/48624-cfa-level-1-december-2010-a-20.html#post2040177

check the post of slimydeath
I think it would be better to buy it from mumbai only. it will be cheaper. calculator was cheaper in om book center than anywhere in bangalore. some of my friend bought calculator from ebay also. notes om book is cheapest. call laxmi and om book and find the best price.
Pune i have no idea

Vikash Kumar
Class of 2010-12
Goa Institute of Management
GIMQuizzing

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your reply !! Do you have any contact no for these ...so that i can call them and check if they can courier me the material?

Thanks and regards,
Anand
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me where in pune can I find the Schweser notes ? and the BA plus calculator ?

I think it would be better to buy it from mumbai only. it will be cheaper. calculator was cheaper in om book center than anywhere in bangalore. some of my friend bought calculator from ebay also. notes om book is cheapest. call laxmi and om book and find the best price.
Pune i have no idea

Vikash Kumar
Class of 2010-12
GIMQuizzing
  • 1 Like  

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me where in pune can I find the Schweser notes ? and the BA plus calculator ?

Is it possible for some one to share contact details of laxmi xerox or om book centre in mumbai for a copy of CFA material?

Thanks

sboc2001 Says
from where I can buy CFA level 1 books in Bangalore

I don't think u can find in bangalore. when i was in bagalore i bought from mumbai only. laxmi xerox or om book cnetre will courier it.
the institute books u wil get when u register. u can buy schweser notes from these shops.

Vikash Kumar
Class of 2010-12
GIMQuizzing

from where I can buy CFA level 1 books in Bangalore

HI Rust in peace,

As u said u have materials in some pdf formats. Can u share those materials if its possible for u. Can you send it to me thru mail.

Hi Mihir,

I am starting my peraration for the CFA and need the info regarding the books. As u suggested regarding the different centres or shops proving the xeroxed material, i wanted to knoe if i need those books how to get in touch with the person....

Hello Puys

Glad to find a thread on CFA.. thanks to the initiator
i am a btech(2011) grad , i have my job joining date on oct 3rd in infosys.
i am quite interested in CFA certification...
i would request the puys to kindly throw some light on the future prospectus of completing CFA while working in IT domain? like the jobs i get and the salary ???etc etc....

please enlighten me....

I SHALL DECIDE WHATS NEXT !!!!
Common Sense tells me that
1) All the different books will be covering the same curriculum as per LOS and CBOK.
2) That the material is grossly overpriced. I've studied a lot of those concepts in college from much cheaper books.

My Queries
1) I have pdfs of the Official CFA Prep Material & Schweser. There is a third provider called elan or something too. Is there really a need to go beyond the official books? I don't see the point in covering all two or three sources, I'll be repeating the same stuff and wasting time.
2) Which is the 'best' material out of all the three?

If u can devote 4-5 months to prep seriously, there is no need to go beyond official material...they are extremely well written books and easy to understand as well....

If u can not set aside that much time, schweser is ur best bet...covers everything well and some additional exam tips within each LOS...u can still refer to official material for ethics portion though...

just one personal tip...get the schweser in printed form...doesnt cost much if ordered from laxmi etc...but it'll much easier to read and utilize !!
  • 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

243 people follow this discussion.