About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Varun Saxena @visionIIM-ACL

Tags

CAT/Current Job related Dilemma Queries!!

Hi all Though Personal/Career/CAT-Job dilemma thread has been a great success, we have observed that there are good number of puys who end up not posting their query on the thread because they get confused with the name. So, we have dec...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 120   

Hi, require a bit of help here. I have been working in a MNC in IT operations for over 2 years and now have received an opportunity to work in KPO MNC. Will joing KPO hamper me in anyways for getting into IIM OR any other top MBA college? I will be appearing for CAT in 2015.

Hello, I have an offer from a leading coaching institute for their English faculty position. How much salary can I expect? Do these institutes pay per class or have a fixed amount for the month?

Hi,

I have a 3 years work experience in the the communications field. For the last one and a half year I have been working on my own venture. However, I have realized the need of an MBA to build credibility. I attempted CAT this year and got 50%. I wanted to know if there are colleges which offer executive education after 3 years of work experience.

Hi Puys,

I'm in a quandary here - I graduated and worked at an organization for a few months, then left it and started work at my second job, where I am currently, and have been for about a year now. I have only payslips from my first job, but will have complete documents (relieving letter etc.) from my current job if I were to enroll in an MBA program. 

In such a situation should I or shouldn't I mention my work experience from my first job at the interviews, given that I don't have a relieving letter? 

I have now already got one year gap after graduation. I want to give it a shot at cat 2015 this year. So the gap becomes 2 years. So is that gonna be a problem?

Hey Puys,

I have major dilemma, I had been on-site for 3 months to Canada in this march till may, the manager there loved my work and initiated talks with the VP to relocate me to Canada. It is still in progress but the process is getting delayed due to some reasons I don't know about. Should I wait for the relocation opportunity or dedicatedly work on my CAT preparations, If it happens the next on-site will clash with CAT exam for sure. 

I have just finished 2 years in mechanical core company. 

Please give suggestions, Last CAT I got 94 perc. So with more hard work I am hoping to reach more than 98. But because of the on-site I am unable to make firm decision. Which will be best option to go for? 

i have two offers in hand .. one is executive operations n research and the other as business development manager.. i am really confused as to which obe shd i choose as ui have further plans of ba.. guys plz help

p.s. both are related to finance ..plz reply asap

Hey Puys I am an electrical engineer working in a steel plant for the past 1 year in maintenance department and have now got admission in TAPMI. I am interested in finance and want to take it up as my specialization in MBA. Please help me clear some of my doubts

1. I want an honest opinion on how is TAPMI for Finance and what are the roles offered in tier 2 B schools like TAPMI for finance Students.

2. Will doing CFA certification help during final placements ?? and is it possible to do CFA certification while doing MBA . I have heard the MBA rigor is too much so want a heads up on weather it is possible to do CFA while pursuing MBA

3. what are the other certifications which I can do to build my profile as I am from engineering Background

4. How difficult it is for Engineers to cope up with finance ??

5. During summer internship what are the roles offered ?? and is it possible for an engineer to do internship in a financial firm with just basic knowledge of finance gained during the first year of MBA

Puys please help me with this doubts and give me some advise about how to go about building my profile and successfully doing my MBA in finance.

• 1\. Mainly sales. But if you are lucky, you may get some .... 09 Jun '14.
Life begins outside your Comfort Zone
sb29
Shankha Basu @sb29 3,667
1. Mainly sales. But if you are lucky, you may get some finance profile
2. Yes. Possible. Have to work really hard.
3. Many finance certifications exist. Depends on your area of interest.
4. I would guess more than 50% finance MBAs are engineers.
5. Ask on TAPMI thread. Yes.

I have 39 months of wrk ex in a Tier-1 IT company...i will b doing my MBA in one of the top 10 bschools..other than front end finance and marketing, will I be considered for other roles from firms like Deloiite,( for Consulting), Amazon (for Operations), Accenture and Cognizant (IT Consulting) etc ? Will such huge experience close the doors for me to get into a different profile ?

Please provide your valuable inputs ....thanks :)

• 1 Like   7 Comments
  • IIM K. 06 Jun '14.
  • Shouldn't be an issue. You will get more info in a months.... 06 Jun '14.
sb29
Shankha Basu @sb29 3,667
Shouldn't be an issue. You will get more info in a months time. Have patience and all the best! Which school are you joining?

i need help .. i have done m .com from d.u. and i have been placed for some small firm which has offered me marketing and sales job ..i am really confused weather i shoold join or not .. cos in long term i dnt want to make my career in this.. n also i want do mba plz help

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

584 people follow this discussion.