About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Vishal R @vishal.das

Tags

CAT 2012 LR-DI thread

Hi, Puys CAT 2011 is finally over :: :: Lets start the Preparation for CAT 2012..please use this thread for all kind of LR-DI discussion,posting questions,submitting answers etc. Here are few links for previous years DI-LR thread ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 9 of 124   
@techsurge said:
its easier but r ru sure it will strike u at time of exam
I guess so 'coz whenever one says "he is a liar" the same logic continues .i.e he can't be TT neither Liar so Alternator!!An imp point to take note of!!Kya bolte ho???
  • 1 Like  
Dare it!Do it!
guys plz solve ths set.. n explain how to solve these matches wale questions..
Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure

y m i nt able to post attachments or image??

guys plz solve ths set.. n explain how to solve these matches wale questions..
@a2k
what i did was...
case 1 : Rajesh - TT - not possible because rakesh can't be liar

case 2 : Rakesh - TT - not possible because of " i am the liar"

case 3 : Prakash - TT - Rajesh - liar , Rakesh - alternator ( first false and second one true)

pata nhn par confusion bhaari hain in sab main..koi dhang ka approch mil jaaye....
  • 1 Like  
It's my journey from Desire..to discovery to Possession....
@a2k said:
one of the easier method I came to know is that:Suppose Rakesh is TT(but he can't as he says is a liar).Now suppose he is a liar(but he can't as no liar will say he is a liar!!)so Rakesh is alternator whose 1st statement is False , 2nd one is true I.E. Prakash is TT.As simple as that!!
its easier but r ru sure it will strike u at time of exam :mg:
  • 1 Like  
@a2k said:
Please explain this question:
====================
Rajesh,Rakesh,Prakash-among TT,Liar,Alternator in any order.When asked about their category,they replied:
Rajesh: Prakash is an alternator.I am the Truth-Teller.
Rakesh: I am the liar.Prakash is the Truth-teller.
Prakash: I am not the liar.Rajesh is not an alternator.
Who is the truth teller???
Kindly elaborate the solution.I have a doubt that when a person tell he is a liar.Is it always Flase???
one of the easier method I came to know is that:Suppose Rakesh is TT(but he can't as he says is a liar).Now suppose he is a liar(but he can't as no liar will say he is a liar!!)so Rakesh is alternator whose 1st statement is False , 2nd one is true I.E. Prakash is TT.As simple as that!!
  • 2 Likes  
@a2k in office so cant share email ......the method u followed is correct.........above is the soln in a diagramatical way......... hope that helps..........gtg now.........
  • 1 Like  
@techsurge said:
BUddy the method that I believe should be followed is best if we draw table and mark them each....Next we have to assume any statement (eg. first person is truth teller)...... from that the statements said by him should be checked and then checked with other statements made by others............ If there is a contradiction.......=> Our basic assumption is at false........=> cross that option and explore other option (eg.... now first person may be alternator or liar.).......choose one cross one by one...........
Dude I am really confused!Tell me your mail id i will send you scanned copy of my method and tell if it it is right or wrong
Dare it!Do it!
@a2k said:
Bro tell if both assumptions will be right?
BUddy the method that I believe should be followed is best if we draw table and mark them each....Next we have to assume any statement (eg. first person is truth teller)...... from that the statements said by him should be checked and then checked with other statements made by others............ If there is a contradiction.......=> Our basic assumption is at false........=> cross that option and explore other option (eg.... now first person may be alternator or liar.).......choose one cross one by one...........
  • 1 Like  
@a2k said:
====================
Rajesh,Rakesh,Prakash-among TT,Liar,Alternator in any order.When asked about their category,they replied:
Kindly elaborate the solution.I have a doubt that when a person tell he is a liar.Is it always Flase???
ok heres my solution and this time i draw the 2 dimensional table with crosses and ticks .here it goes
Let Rajesh be Truth teller => Prakash is an alternator => Rakesh is a liar
Rajesh 's first statement => I am liar is true but he is a liar contradicts the fact that Rajesh is truth teller
so croseed the option where Rajesh is truth teller. Also if we assume he is an laternator ..... none of his statement makes him alternator
=> Rajesh ia a Liar..........=> Prakash is a Truth teller..( Prakash is not an alternator )=> Rakesh is Alternator...... after checking his statements we ge that and data of table is verified
  • 1 Like  

====================

Dare it!Do it!
@techsurge said:
buddy now i see there is a fallacy in my method........... there nis onlythe second case you mentioned...... as my statements make R also as truth teller ........ when will I learn??
Bro tell if both assumptions will be right?
Dare it!Do it!
@a2k said:
Thnaks bro for your instant reply.Please clarify me this doubt:Firstly,I assume P is truth teller=>Then both Q & R is liar,so not possible.Now let's assume Q to be truth teller=>then P is liar & R is alternator.Also if we assume R to be Truth-teller=>then P is liar & Q is alternator. Am I right here??In both cases Q comes out to be a doctor but my doubt is that are both assumptions right??Because it mismatches with Time's solution.Thanks!
buddy now i see there is a fallacy in my method........... there nis onlythe second case you mentioned...... as my statements make R also as truth teller :banghead:........ when will I learn??
@sonamaries7 said:
a few more:
1) what i s the no of cubes needed to completely cover a cube of size 5*5*5 which is kept in a corner of a room such that it's 2 edges are along the 2 adjacent walls?
2) if year 2005 starts with a saturday, then find the no of Sundays in those months which have 30 days.
3) which days of the week cant be the 1st day of a century?P.S: plz give solutions/approach also

Ans-1)In such type of questions concentrate on L,B,H of cube.A/c to situation here,Length increases to 6,so with breadth and height i.e. cube becomes 6X6X6.so Vol=216 given volume=125 so req cubes=216-125=91
  • 1 Like  
Dare it!Do it!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

844 people follow this discussion.