About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Vishal R @vishal.das

Tags

CAT 2012 LR-DI thread

Hi, Puys CAT 2011 is finally over :: :: Lets start the Preparation for CAT 2012..please use this thread for all kind of LR-DI discussion,posting questions,submitting answers etc. Here are few links for previous years DI-LR thread ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 10 of 124   
@techsurge said:
from P and Q one is definitley a liar or alternator....... looking at R lets assume Q is a truth teller => R is an alternator => P is a liar
so Q is a doctor
Thnaks bro for your instant reply.Please clarify me this doubt:Firstly,I assume P is truth teller=>Then both Q & R is liar,so not possible.Now let's assume Q to be truth teller=>then P is liar & R is alternator.Also if we assume R to be Truth-teller=>then P is liar & Q is alternator. Am I right here??In both cases Q comes out to be a doctor but my doubt is that are both assumptions right??Because it mismatches with Time's solution.Thanks!
Dare it!Do it!

GUYS HELP ME OUT IN THIS QUESTION:

===========================
The people of a kavya tribe always make 2 statements while replying.P,Q,R belong to this.One is truth teller,one is liar,one is alternator in any order.Question askd them is :Who among you is doctor?

P:I am the doctor.Q is liar.
Q:I am the doctor.R is liar.
R:Q is the doctor.P is liar.

Then who is doctor.Only One is doctor among them.
Dare it!Do it!
Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure

is there a link from where we can get some insight on truth-lie questions also?..

It's my journey from Desire..to discovery to Possession....
For all the MATCHSTICKS ( pick from a no. to win ) and CUBES( some faces painted and so on) kind of problems....

http://www.pagalguy.com/news/cubes-matchsticks-logical-reasoning-tricks-cat-2011-a-18681

guys check out the following link of Handa Sir for

->>MATCHSTICKS/COINS ( how many to be picked so that you win and so on...) and ->>CUBES (no. of cubes when it is cut .... painted faces....so on...)

http://www.pagalguy.com/news/cubes-matchsticks-logical-reasoning-tricks-cat-2011-a-18681

• 1 Like  

Hi Friends, Can you please give me tips on how to solve complex ratios,like the one I mentioned below??

(3845.74*39.45-45.43*2893.67)/(27.41*1771)

It is stopping me every time I attempt a question like this.

Please guide me on it.

Thanks in advance.
@pushi 1-> 11
Is the answer correct
When a dream is shattered.... pick up a piece and start again..

Can we find out how many teams can score maximum points at pool stage???

---- Can anyone please tell the approach for these type of questions----
16 teams participated in a tournament.
Teams are divided into tow groups of 8 .
First round each team plays exactly one match against the other of the same group.
In each match two points are awarded to the winning and no points awarded to the losing and 1 point is awarded to each team in case of a draw.
Top two teams from each group will go to the semifinals and winners will go to the finals.

1 -> What could be the MAXIMUM points scored by a team that failed to reach the semi-finals?

2 -> What could be tje MAXIMUM points scored by a team that finished LAST in the pool at the end of pool stage?

• 1 Like  

a few more:
1) what i s the no of cubes needed to completely cover a cube of size 5*5*5 which is kept in a corner of a room such that it's 2 edges are along the 2 adjacent walls?
2) if year 2005 starts with a saturday, then find the no of Sundays in those months which have 30 days.
3) which days of the week cant be the 1st day of a century?

P.S: plz give solutions/approach also

WhY sO sErIoUss?! :D
@sonamaries7 said:
@scrabbler : help help!Three different faces of a cube are painted in three different colours(adjacent pair of faces) - red, green and blue. This cube is now cut into 216 smaller but identical cubes.(The adjacent faces are in the same colour: red, red, then next adjacent pair in green and so on)
1). What is the number of the smaller cubes that will have exactly three faces painted ?
2). How many of the smaller cubes have exactly two faces painted ?
3). What is the number of small cubes that have exactly one face painted ?
4). What is number of small cubes that have exactly one face painted red and no other face painted ?
5). What is the number of small cubes that have one face painted green and one face blue and no other face painted ?
6). What is the numbers of cubes that have no face painted at all ?
Plz share the approach also..is there any approach other than drawing and visualizing the cube?
1) 8= fixed in all cases
2) 12(n-2) = 12( 6-2) = 48
3) 6(n-2)^2= 96
4) 2(n-2)^2= 32
5) 4(n-2) = 16
6) (n-2)^3= 64
  • 1 Like  
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.| IIM Indore 2013-2015 
ďťż@sonamaries7 said:
@scrabbler : help help!Three different faces of a cube are painted in three different colours(adjacent pair of faces) - red, green and blue. This cube is now cut into 216 smaller but identical cubes.(The adjacent faces are in the same colour: red, red, then next adjacent pair in green and so on)
1). What is the number of the smaller cubes that will have exactly three faces painted ?
4). What is number of small cubes that have exactly one face painted red and no other face painted ?
5). What is the number of small cubes that have one face painted green and one face blue and no other face painted ?
Plz share the approach also..is there any approach other than drawing and visualizing the cube?
Would you rather byheart a formula than just draw and analyze?

Number of identical cubes = 216 = 6^3
Number of cubes per side = 6

1) To have three faces painted, the cubes will be at the corners. There are 8 corners.

2) To have exactly two faces painted, they must be at the sides but not the corners. Per side, there are (6-2) = 4 such cubes. There are 12 such sides. Hence, 48 cubes.

3) To have one face painted, the cubes must be landlocked. ie not at the sides. Thus they are located as locked squares of (6-2) dimension. There are 6 sides with 1 square each. So there are 6*4*4 = 96

4) To have only one face painted, and that too as red, it will be a third of (3), since there will be two (adjacent) sides painted red. Hence, there are 32 cubes.

5) To have two faces painted, one green and the other blue, the cubes will be located along three sides but not at those corners. ie (6-2)*3 = 12 cubes

6) To have no face painted at all, the cubes will lie within a lanlocked cube excluding the outer surface of the original. Thus cube of dimension (6-2) ie 4^3 = 64 cubes
ďťż
  • 2 Likes  
@scrabbler : help help!

Three different faces of a cube are painted in three different colours(adjacent pair of faces) - red, green and blue. This cube is now cut into 216 smaller but identical cubes.(The adjacent faces are in the same colour: red, red, then next adjacent pair in green and so on)

WhY sO sErIoUss?! :D
Yes pls post a simpler approach than the one posted above. Anyone..?@
All Izz Well...All Izz Well...All Izz Well.!!
@smashed said:
lets say u leave 'x' coins at the end for the opponent, so the opponent will lose the game if you leave 1,2 or 3 coins at the end. so 'x' can take 1,2 or 3 values.
now to be sure of winning you can match your number of coins with the opposition, so that the total is min + max (3 + 6 in this case). So if the opposition takes out 3 coins u take out 6 coins, for 4 coins take out 5 coins and so on.
so you are going to win, if you leave x+ 9k coins the end. As the total coins in the Q is 50 assume 9k to be 45.
so you win the game if u leave 45+3/2/1 coins at the end i.e - 48/47/46 coins.
as you cannot take out 2 coins, the ans is 3 or 4 coins.
ANY1 WHO HAS OTHER THEN ABOVE MENTIONED APPROACH PLEASE POST

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

844 people follow this discussion.