SHOW
MORE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT IIM K, Kozhikode

[CAT 2011 Official Helpline] By IIM Kozhikode students - What to do at the 11th hour

• Created by @Apurv
Hello people, PaGaLGuY.com's Official CAT 2011 Helpline is back, Powered by students of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode. On this thread, you can ask solutions to your last-minute doubts, anxieties and questions about ... Read More »
CAT is over and so is the season of this thread. Thanks to everyone, especially the IIMK student community for supporting this initiative year after year. We will hopefully be back with this again next year.

All the best to everyone for the CAT results and the remaining tests. Closing this thread for now.
  • 4 Likes  
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
fantasticsandip Says
Call up the CAT helpline and they should be able to help.

I called up Cat help line
Reply was " Nothing can be done,now, October 4th was the last date !!"
Once again silly me
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package : 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package : 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
I don't think so... Just take an example of fill in the blank options for English... If a person knows the correct one just by quickly reading through the sentence.. It can be very much done before 10 seconds...
Hi ,
My query is not related to 11 th hr prep...
But cldnot find relavant thread ,, so posting it here,

Due to some conversion confusion i hv put 73 % instead of 79% in my grad score

Now the Cat interface doesnot allow me to change anything .. Please let me know if anything I can Do abt it

Call up the CAT helpline and they should be able to help.
  • 1 Like  
Hi ,
My query is not related to 11 th hr prep...
But cldnot find relavant thread ,, so posting it here,

Due to some conversion confusion i hv put 73 % instead of 79% in my grad score

Now the Cat interface doesnot allow me to change anything .. Please let me know if anything I can Do abt it
hey m urvashi.....i am done with my cat
i attempted arund 46 questions with 85% accuracy..
89% in 12th
75% in 10th
m still persuing my graduation m in b.com 3rd year....a fresher n my average upto nw is 58% do i hv a chance of getng into sm gud b school especially IIM's???????????????

hii urvashi,
46 questions with 85% is very strong attempt and will fetch you good percentile.
Try to increase the grad perc atleast to the 60% bar.
anybody who is giving an exam at IBSAR, Belapur mumbai ??
please let me know what are the transport facilities from be,apur station to the center ?? also, is there any parking facility in case one takes his car ?
Hey guys,

I took my test on 14th nov.
I had attempted 17 in sec 1, out of which i found that 3 were wrong already !
Hoping that the rest 14 are correct.
I have attempted 21 in Sec 2.

my past acad record:
10th 82% cbse
12th 92% Tamil nadu stateboard
BE (Mech) 76%
and a work exp of 2.5yrs (as on december 2011)

Pls puys, guide on me what all institues i should be applying and what would be my percentiles as such (for the abv mentioned attempts).
I dont want to continue in my org. any longer and this has to be my final year..i would be satisfies for a descent institute.

:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

With a lot of help and guidance needed,
Allen.
Hi,
I have just realised that i have made a bad mistake that could cost me big time.In the IIM CAT application form I have entered my marks as under "Delhi" board,when actually I hail from ICSE.The editing window is long closed.Should i brace myself now for an application rejection?so disappointing it is..given that my exam went really well.:'(.Do help

I would suggest you to talk to CAT authorities on how to correct your mistake.
Hi,
I have just realised that i have made a bad mistake that could cost me big time.In the IIM CAT application form I have entered my marks as under "Delhi" board,when actually I hail from ICSE.The editing window is long closed.Should i brace myself now for an application rejection?so disappointing it is..given that my exam went really well.:'(.Do help
singhkulwinder Says
only one doubt ,whats the rational behind spending 10 -15 lakh to do MBA from IIM kozikode or for that matter form any iim . with tha much amount i can start my own business and be an enterpreneur. These iim are only cheating the middle class of their hard earned money to run their business shops

There's a lot of learning involved in the process and unless you're a part of the system, you won't understand where such money is being spent. IIMs are not as highly subsidised as IITs are, hence the fees are higher in case of the former.

Many top managers are not MBAs, you can also become one of them in future
freakosapien Says
Arnab sir i know that this is not the right thread for this kind of post but i want to say that u have been a great help to me and other fellow puys during my prep days and this thread rocks(with due respect to other threads).Also being a fellow kolkatan (off topic) i just want ur opinion on whether the iims (k and s) would relax their cumulative cutoffs(cat score + 10,12 results) as i m a little worried that i m a borderline case in both their criteria.(my ug percentage is 86.3 and my 10-90%,12-88%(cbse) and shillong considers 8.65 as their b.e ug cutoff and k had a cumulative 87).Delete this post if u feel it is deviating from the motive of this thread.

Individual colleges take a call on the admission criteria depending on how the past criteria have fared w.r.to their expectations. So it's better not to speculate on one's chances. Keep your fingers crossed
Ever heard of the words "Marketing" and "Growth"???
only one doubt ,whats the rational behind spending 10 -15 lakh to do MBA from IIM kozikode or for that matter form any iim . with tha much amount i can start my own business and be an enterpreneur. These iim are only cheating the middle class of their hard earned money to run their business shops
  • 1 Like  
iv attempted arnd 20-21 questns in both the sections with accuracy of arnd 85-90 %....
is it good enough???? id be happy evn if i get a call frm a single IIM
does that seem possible with this attempt???

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

128 people follow this discussion.