Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@singhag

Tags

CAT 2008 Aspirants

I know this thread to many of you seems to be weird when the CAT 2007 is round the corner. I am working in IT industry for last three years in Bangalore. But kind of not comfortable with the whole technical stuff though I have done a lot of it. ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 114 of 226   
Lifeis+ Says
Hi buddies...I m also here wid full intention to get thro grilling CAT 2008...so all the best to you all...and hope to be your neighbour @Hostel/Ahmedabad

amen ! ! !
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

HI! All,

I can very well qualify as a veteran of CAT. I have taken it two times.

1st attempt : overall : 97.58 ---- VA 99.03 QA 95.2 DI 67.8

2nd attempt : overall : 98.81-----VA 99.94 QA 68.81 DI 95.34

Now I am in real confusion. What to do. I took CL classroom classes once.
I am too bored with the CL/TIME/IMS booklets to read again.

Infact I am really indecisive that should I take 08 again or go for GMAT.

If I should go for CAT 08 then please suggest me some plan of action...

thanks.

I too will b giving CAt 2008..apart from arun sharma,what else u guys r practising?

SUPER XERO Says
arun sharma is a gud book...... But during your whole course of preparation(doesnt matter which book u r referring to)...... make it a point u do not do mechanical preparation.....just by memorising the formulae and by knowing some specific methods of problem solving , dont feel as if u r thru wid the preparation of quants....... try to visualise every problem during ur preparation.... (eg:- venn diagrams,TSD,cubes and cuboids,GEOMETRY{trust me once u knw circle and similarity u r thru wid geometry},PnC,Probability).... the more u visualise the more effective ur preparation becomes.......u dont need a lot of material or lot of quant books for preparation...... it is simple and straight-keep visualising the problems and keep practising incessantly......

Perfectly agree with you.....
  • 1 Like  
hello ppl
me too a cat 08 aspirant..
i need suggestions for preprations of the quant section..
which books shld i refer to apart frm arun sharma??

arun sharma is a gud book...... But during your whole course of preparation(doesnt matter which book u r referring to)...... make it a point u do not do mechanical preparation.....just by memorising the formulae and by knowing some specific methods of problem solving , dont feel as if u r thru wid the preparation of quants....... try to visualise every problem during ur preparation.... (eg:- venn diagrams,TSD,cubes and cuboids,GEOMETRY{trust me once u knw circle and similarity u r thru wid geometry},PnC,Probability).... the more u visualise the more effective ur preparation becomes.......u dont need a lot of material or lot of quant books for preparation...... it is simple and straight-keep visualising the problems and keep practising incessantly......
  • 4 Likes  
Lifeis+ Says
hope to be your neighbour @Hostel/Ahmedabad

AMEN........

Hi buddies...I m also here wid full intention to get thro grilling CAT 2008...so all the best to you all...and hope to be your neighbour @Hostel/Ahmedabad

• 1 Like  
hello ppl

According to me, Arun Sharma should be sufficient to make your fundas clear and solid. Once you are through with the concepts, you can always start solving more difficult problems of Quantt in mock CATs or you can always search for the same on the net
  • 1 Like  

hello ppl

thanks for the paper

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

595 people follow this discussion.