About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Aarav

Tags

CAT 2007: Quantitative Questions a Day 51 to 100 - The Discussions

Please carry the QQAD discussion for the next 50 problems here. Try getting each and every solution in the very 1st attempt itself. Avoid risky speed. Just in case you see any mod around, please request him to make this thread sticky. ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 134   

sorry for an off topic but i had an inquiry about the CAT form that i have filled
I have made a mistake in the form

Name in the leaving certificate ----- Purohit Jitendra Bhomraj

the name i have written in the form in box 12 is
BOX 12 ----- Jitendra Bhomraj Purohit

i have not yet filled the BOX 1 in which the name is required
and also the name in BOX 1 should be the same as in the
school leaving certificate

the name in BOX 1 and BOX 12 must be in the same format

now what should i do

please help me

should i write the same name in BOX 1 that i have written in the BOX 12
to make the format same in both the boxes ignoring the name in the school leaving certificate
would that be alright

if u all cannot help me with that then please give some advice of where would i get the answer of my query

please help me as quickly as possible as i have to sent it to the IIM
as early as possible

:

Commenting on this post has been disabled.

sorry for an off topic but i had an inquiry about the CAT form that i have filled
I have made a mistake in the form

Name in the leaving certificate ----- Purohit Jitendra Bhomraj

the name i have written in the form in box 12 is
BOX 12 ----- Jitendra Bhomraj Purohit

i have not yet filled the BOX 1 in which the name is required
and also the name in BOX 1 should be the same as in the
school leaving certificate

the name in BOX 1 and BOX 12 must be in the same format

now what should i do

please help me

should i write the same name in BOX 1 that i have written in the BOX 12
to make the format same in both the boxes ignoring the name in the school leaving certificate
would that be alright

if u all cannot help me with that then please give some advice of where would i get the answer of my query

please help me as quickly as possible as i have to sent it to the IIM
as early as possible

:

IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

Sorry, was in half sleep early morning and hence posted #104 on the wrong thread

------------------------------------------------------
Quantitative Question # 104 (the answer for both Part A and Part B are in the same set of options)
Question(s):
(Part A)
A regular hexagon ABCDEF is inscribed in a circle with radius r. Another regular hexagon is formed (lying fully inside the circle with radius r) with 2 of its vertices internally on AB and another 2 on the circle. What is the ratio of the sides of the smaller hexagon to the larger hexagon?
(Part B)

In circle O, chords AB and AC are drawn so that AB = AC. Chord PQ is drawn intersecting AB and AC at points D and E respectively. D lies internally between E and P. Given AD = EC = 1/3 and DB = AE = 1/4, what is the maximum value of PD - QE?
(a) 1/18 (b) 1/12 (c) 1/13 (d) 1/6 (e) none of the foregoing

And 104 #

1. The answer is (c)
Not posting the figure but final expression using pythagoras,
13x^2 + 12xr - r^2 =0
x =r/13
The side of bigger hexagon = r
Hence (c)
Quantitative Question # 104 (the answer for both Part A and Part B are in the same set of options)

Question(s):

(Part A)

A regular hexagon ABCDEF is inscribed in a circle with radius r. Another regular hexagon is formed (lying fully inside the circle with radius r) with 2 of its vertices internally on AB and another 2 on the circle. What is the ratio of the sides of the smaller hexagon to the larger hexagon?

(Part B)
In circle O, chords AB and AC are drawn so that AB = AC. Chord PQ is drawn intersecting AB and AC at points D and E respectively. D lies internally between E and P. Given AD = EC = 1/3 and DB = AE = 1/4, what is the maximum value of PD - QE?

(a) 1/18 (b) 1/12 (c) 1/13 (d) 1/6 (e) none of the foregoing

For: Quant quest'n a day#87
Let x, y, z be prime numbers in the arithmetic progression such that x > y > z. Which among the following is always true?

(a) x z is divisible by 12
(b) x + y is divisible by 8
(c) xz - 1 is divisible by 7
(d) atleast two of the foregoing
(e) none of the foregoing
The answer should be (e) right?
It can be checked by taking 2 examples of: 3,5,7 and 11,17,23
Am I right? any suggestions please?
Deepan_Kapadia Says
Questions and answers from 51 to 99..

Hi Deepan, many thanks for the consildated doc,
can tell me if there is a similar consolidated doc for 1 to 50 anywhere?

Rock on!
Hameed

Question(s): (Part A)
An insect starts at vertex A of a certain cube and is trying to reach at vertex B, which is opposite A, in 5 or fewer steps where a step consists travelling along an edge from one vertex to another. The insect will stop as soon as it reaches B. The number of ways in which the insect can achieve its objective is
(Part B)
A committee of 5 is to be chosen from a group of 9 people. How many ways it can be done if Vikram and kaizen must serve together or none at all, and Sunit and Pratyush refuse to serve with each other?
(a) 40 (b) 36 (c) 41 (d) 30 (e) 48

Part B

We can have 6 cases

Let event A = Vikarm and Kaizen
B= Sunit
C= Pratyush

A+B = 10
A+C=10
A alone=10

B alone=5
C alone =5

none of A B C =1

total = 41

ans (c)

Part A

here the three vertices after A are symmetrical so find out the no of ways of going from A to B via one of the vertices

there are total 16 ways
and multiply it by 3

so 48 ways

ans (e)
Hi Vinit,
For the Part A, Hot did you settle with the numbers 100 200 200 ... I mean was it just luck or was there a bit of the logic used ... I would be happy to understand if there is any logic used.

Thanks,
Dhruvesh

Frame equations using the given conditions and solve them......u'll get two equal values and the third value as half of the previous two......then take any suitable no.(eg. 100) and get the answer.
My girlfriend asked me to be more affectionate....now I have two.
  • 4 Likes  
PART A:
CP SP SP1
100 120 120
200 250 230
200 280 200

Profit is 10%

PART B:
CP SP
200 220
150 172.5
100 130
50 52.5

Profit is 15%

Hi Vinit,
For the Part A, Hot did you settle with the numbers 100 200 200 ... I mean was it just luck or was there a bit of the logic used ... I would be happy to understand if there is any logic used.

Thanks,
Dhruvesh
Aarav Says
@All ... Vineet will open a new thread for QQAD discussion from 101 to 133. This will be the penultimate thread for this season's QQAD. In all around 65 more NLs will be delivered from now, which means 130 questions more. We will stop on 02/11 i.e. 2 weeks before CAT 2007.

I am jumping with joy!!:)

@All ... Vineet will open a new thread for QQAD discussion from 101 to 133. This will be the penultimate thread for this season's QQAD. In all around 65 more NLs will be delivered from now, which means 130 questions more. From next week QQAD will be 5 days a week affair. We will stop on 02/11 i.e. 2 weeks before CAT 2007.

• 4 Likes  
Puys,

While attepting QQAD Practice test 3, i found a couple of questions that I could not figure out how to solve,

It would be great if u cud gimme a diagram with the solution, or point me to a thread where this is being discussed.

Rock on!
hameed

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2007-qqad-practice-test-discussions-25024226
  • 2 Likes  

Puys,

While attepting QQAD Practice test 3, i found a couple of questions that I could not figure out how to solve,

9) A cone height 2 m and raduis 1 m, Is placed inside a bigger cone of 2 m raduis, such that their axis are common and vertes of smaller cone is at the center of the base of the bigger cone. The hieght of the bigger cone is?

a) 3 b) 4 c) 5 d) 6 e) none of the foregoing

17) From a point O outside the circle, two perpendicular lines are drawn to cut the circle at (A, B) and (C, D). Let OA =1, OB =3, and CD =2. Find the raduis of the circle.

a) 2 b) root 5 c) root 6 d) 2*root 2 e) none of the foregoing.

It would be great if u cud gimme a diagram with the solution, or point me to a thread where this is being discussed.

Rock on!
hameed

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

301 people follow this discussion.
Events in CAT