About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Stacy Blackman @StacyBlackman

Tags

Ask Stacy Blackman Consulting

Hi, My name is Stacy Blackman. Since 2001 my firm, Stacy Blackman Consulting, has helped clients gain admission to every top business school in the world. I am happy to answer any of your questions on the MBA admissions process and your speci...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 10 of 33   

Hi everyone,

Are there any MBA admissions or GMAT questions we can answer?

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

www.stacyblackman.com

Important News For GRE Test Takers

Important News for GRE Test Takers | Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions

Starting in July 2012, anyone taking the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) will be able to take advantage of a new option called ScoreSelect, which allows test-takers to decide which test scores to send to the institutions they designate, so they can send the scores they feel reflect their personal best.
"Adding enhancements, like the new ScoreSelect option, to our test-taker friendly platform helps people feel good about making a move toward graduate and business school, and that is what's most exciting about this announcement," says David Payne, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the Higher Education Division at ETS, which developed and administers the GRE."Anytime we can make changes that improve test takers' testing experience and confidence to succeed, we create more opportunity for all students."
Test takers can now select from several options. On test day, when viewing their scores at the test center, they can select the:

1. ScoreSelect Most Recentoption - Send their scores from their current test administration.
  2. ScoreSelect Alloption - Send their scores from all administrations in the last 5 years.

Test takers can decide which option to use for each of their 4 free score reports.
After test day, test takers can send Additional Score Reports for a fee and select:

1. ScoreSelect Most Recent option - Send their scores from their most recent test administration.
  2. ScoreSelect All option - Send their scores from all administrations in the last 5 years.
  3. ScoreSelect Any option - Send their scores from one OR many test administrations in the last 5 years.

Scores for a test administration must be reported in their entirety. The new ScoreSelect option will be available for both the GRE revised General Test and GRE Subject Tests, and can be used by anyone with reportable scores from the last five years. For more information on this new option, visit www.ets.org/gre.
www.stacyblackman.com
IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

Hi mbajamesbond,

There are many opportunities for computer science graduates in the US, particularly in areas that are focused on technology (Silicon Valley and New York being examples). Regarding programs that have partnerships in the US, this depends on the particular program.

Best,

www.stacyblackman.com

The 2012 SBC Challenge is HERE!!

This is your opportunity to score SBC services for free, interview videos for free, GMAT prep resources for free, books on the application process for free!!!! Seriously, this is an awesome event and if you are applying to b-school this year, you would be crazy not to participate! The application process is quick, and its also good practice for the real deal business school application.

Take a look at the amazing list of prizes here:
The SBC Challenge Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions

Apply for the SBC Challenge here: SBC Challenge Submission Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions

Please take an hour and apply I look forward to reviewing your applications and even working together with some of you. Good luck!!

www.stacyblackman.com

Hello Stacy and staff,

could you please message me on how I can contact you to discuss out of this thread?

Thanks

ISBCo2014 spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkGkc0yWHIvAdE9DZ2UwbDB4TlIxZkpnZnZITUpEemc

HI stacy,
I have a query,
Tell me which University is better for MBA finance:
Umass Dartmouth
Dallas Baptist University
University of Bridgeport

Kindly tell me which one is better.

Hi mbajamesbond,

There are many opportunities to study in the US. The question you asked if fairly broad and is difficult to answer. I recommend you visit our school profile pages - we describe many of the programs and what they are looking for in candidates: Business School Hub | Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions

Cheers,

I will be glad if you can reply on this! what are the Job profile options available after doing MS in computer science from usa and how are twinning programs(1year in india and 2 nd year in usa) treated in usa?

Thanks
{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}

Hi mbajamesbond,

There are many opportunities to study in the US. The question you asked if fairly broad and is difficult to answer. I recommend you visit our school profile pages - we describe many of the programs and what they are looking for in candidates: Business School Hub | Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions

Cheers,

www.stacyblackman.com

Dear Stacy,
I am curious to know what you didn't stay with public relations knowing you were the head of it at your college? I myself was a communication major with a specialization in public relations as well and found it to be a very good way to network with other PR professionals. I joined The National Communication Association ,the National Communication Association as it allowed me to meet and network with hundreds of other PR and Comm related students/alumni. I would take a look at this as you say you want to get into consulting for a global firm, I think this would be a great opportunity to meet people and see what kind of programs are out there that can allow you to pursue that kind of career. Get a Degree in Communications: Online Communication Degrees is another way to look at different programs that you might be interested in for pursuing your education further.

I wish you the best of luck and I am curious to see what programs and location you choose to further your education. gluck!

Hi Stacy,

My Brief Profile
---------------------------
1)M.Tech(IT),B.Tech(CSC)
2)4 years with CSC and IBmas Software Engg
3)Will be taking GMAT in next 2 months time.
4)Got some extracurricular activities but nothing exceptional

I have been doing some research about Post MBA career options.
Got to know a lot abt managment consulting,Investment banking,sales and marketing jobs etc.
I couldn't get much info abt UN jobs and General Managment jobs
Can you please answer my below queries :-

1) What roles are offered in General Management Roles.
2) What kind of salary are offered for these roles vis-a-vis management consulting and marketing jobs.
3) How is the Career progression/growth ?
4) Work life balance as compared to management consulting and marketing jobs
5) Exit options

Also please let me know if i want to join UN or its subsidiary bodies after MBA then,
1) What roles are offered to MBAs in UN (or its subsidiaries).
2) What kind of salary are offered ?
4) nature of work
5) Exit options

Also please advice if its necessary to do masters in policy rather than MBA to work for UN ?

Thanks in advance.

Stacy need your view on this please
Hi

I have a very average profile..and i am very serious about doing mba/ms.

10th- 52%cbse
12th- 61%cbse
grad- 66% Univ of delhi correspondence after a gap of 3 years....

Work ex- After schooling i have played Cricket 3 years for Subhash club....
and 3 years have worked on my own family business garments store....
Practically its 0 year work exp...

With this profile getting into decent colleges in india is next to impossible, so i started dreaming about gmat to study in USA.
But the dream shattered soon once i got to know the expences..I can't afford it..

Recently got to know about twinning programmes where in a student can study 2nd year of masters in usa and its comparatively cheaper...

So my question is is it worth to opt for such programmes and then study in us?

I will be glad if someone can reply on this!

Thanks
{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}

Hi Aayush,

Individuals who apply to 1 year MBA programs (particularly European MBA programs) tend to have more work experience. The average number of years depends on the program, however most programs like to see at least 2 years of work experience.

Here is a case study of a Big 4 employee who was accepted into a top MBA program: SBC Scoop: Big 4 Public Accounting Career Goals | Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions

Your GMAT score lasts for 5 years, so you should take it as whenever you feel best prepared.

Best,

• 1 Like  
www.stacyblackman.com

Hi Stacy

Thanks for answering my previous queries. Can you please help with the following questions once again. Thanks

Brief about my profile

Btech (Computer Science)- Above average college in India
MBA (Finance)- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
Have some extracurricular activities but not great
Work experience: Zero prior to MBA. Going to join one of the Big 4 Audit Firms post MBA in June 2012.

I am very much keen on going for a 2nd MBA from top notch global B schools to get better profiles and gave a global career.

1. Can you please tell me what average post 1st MBA work ex do people have before applying to top 10 global B schools (both for 1 year and 2 year MBA programs). I am interested in Management Consulting and Investment Banking profile specifically.

2. Do you think my Big 4 experience will be of help in having a better candidature at these b schools and then at the job market most second MBA?

3. What it the best time for me to write the GMAT and When should i start preparing for it?

4. Can you tell me some 1 year MBA programs which take in 2nd MBA candidates and have top notch consulting and I banks coming to campus?

5. Any suggestions to build a compelling profile for these b schools. Big 4 have a very hectic work life so any out of the way extra curricular/social service would be very difficult I suppose. Do professional certifications help ?

Thanks and Regards

Aayush Jain

Hi Stacy,

Posted this on 2 other threads,but seems this is the right one to ask these questions.......

My Brief Profile
---------------------------
1)M.Tech(IT),B.Tech(CSC)
2)4 years with CSC and IBmas Software Engg
3)Will be taking GMAT in next 2 months time.
4)Got some extracurricular activities but nothing exceptional

I have been doing some research about Post MBA career options.
Got to know a lot abt managment consulting,Investment banking,sales and marketing jobs etc.
I couldn't get much info abt UN jobs and General Managment jobs
Can you please answer my below queries :-

1) What roles are offered in General Management Roles.
2) What kind of salary are offered for these roles vis-a-vis management consulting and marketing jobs.
4) Work life balance as compared to management consulting and marketing jobs
5) Exit options

Also please let me know if i want to join UN or its subsidiary bodies after MBA then,
1) What roles are offered to MBAs in UN (or its subsidiaries).
2) What kind of salary are offered ?
4) nature of work
5) Exit options

Also please advice if its necessary to do masters in policy rather than MBA to work for UN ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I have a very average profile..and i am very serious about doing mba/ms.

10th- 52%cbse
12th- 61%cbse
grad- 66% Univ of delhi correspondence after a gap of 3 years....

Work ex- After schooling i have played Cricket 3 years for Subhash club....
and 3 years have worked on my own family business garments store....
Practically its 0 year work exp...

With this profile getting into decent colleges in india is next to impossible, so i started dreaming about gmat to study in USA.
But the dream shattered soon once i got to know the expences..I can't afford it..

Recently got to know about twinning programmes where in a student can study 2nd year of masters in usa and its comparatively cheaper...

So my question is is it worth to opt for such programmes and then study in us?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

181 people follow this discussion.