SHOW

Ask Stacy Blackman Consulting

Hi, My name is Stacy Blackman. Since 2001 my firm, Stacy Blackman Consulting, has helped clients gain admission to every top business school in the world. I am happy to answer any of your questions on the MBA admissions process and your speci... Read More »

Hello.... I wanted to know what my options are regarding doing my MBA from US/UK. I am in the final year of my engineering.

Here are my credentials,

10th - 89.8

12th - 90.8

BE(Hons.) Mechanical, BITS Pilani, India - 7.65 (Hopefully 8.01 by the time I graduate)

I have not given my GMAT yet.Thank you.

• @guptakartikbp Your options without work experience are l.... 09 Feb.
MansieDewanConsulting
Mansie Dewan @MansieDewanConsulting 2.3 k
@guptakartikbp Your options without work experience are limited! Look up MS options or get some work ex.

Hi,

I want to do a MBA in US with a major in Information Systems. Kindly let us know the schools I can apply for.

GMAT:620

TOEFL:101

Work Experience: 27 months in TCS

GPA:6.98/10 8 arrears

School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package : 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package : 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
Hi everyone,

For individuals looking for business school programs, we provide free MBA program overviews here:

Best,

Conrad

www.stacyblackman.com
Hi everyone,

Are there any MBA admissions or GMAT questions we can answer?

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
  • Can you suggest some colleges where I can do MBA/MS witho.... 17 Nov '13.
www.stacyblackman.com
Mukund_Dev
. . @Mukund_Dev 605
Can you suggest some colleges where I can do MBA/MS without incurring high costs (i.e. within 10-15k $) ?? my gmat is 710 , would get 740+ if i retake. You can offer me private consultacy to me if you want.
HI everyone, are there any MBA admissions or GMAT questions we can answer?

Cheers,

• Many Thanks for your Wonderful contribution to this websi.... 23 Jul '13.
  • Hi Stacy. 23 Jul '13.
www.stacyblackman.com
hoodi2121
hoodi baba @hoodi2121 1
Many Thanks for your Wonderful contribution to this website.
I am a CPA, 30+ age, 7+ years experience in Finance , from India. Planning to do MBA from Europe.
Can you throw some light on Mannheim MBA in terms of
1)International reputation and 2) employers view point.

Join us for an insightful conversation led by an ex-admissions officer on our team. We'll share how applicant profiles are reviewed, and we'll answer your questions during this interactive webinar on July 10, 2013, at 5 p.m. Pacific. Attendees will receive exclusive offers from Stacy Blackman Consulting and some of our partners. Space is limited, and a password is required, so please pre-register for our event here to receive the event password and all of the details: stacyblackman.webex.com.

www.stacyblackman.com
@StacyBlackman said:
Hi everyone,Are there any MBA admissions or GMAT related questions we can answer?Cheers,Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Hello,
I need some advice...
My Profile : I have done Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering with GPA of 2.9. I have a work-ex of 5 years in IT industry. I am preparing for GMAT and would be giving the exam in March '13. My target score would be 650 - 700 and am looking for b schools in Europe/ UK / Asia / India.
Please find my queries below:
1. I am targetting 2013 intake. Which b schools can I apply to with my profile?
2. I would looking for scholarships as well, how to shortlist b schools without knowing how much reduction in fees will I get?
3. Should I go ahead for 2013 intake or am I late for that and go for January '14 intake?
In Search of Glory!
Hi everyone,

Are there any MBA admissions or GMAT related questions we can answer?

Cheers,

• Hello, I am planning to apply to full time Ms in Fi.... 12 Aug.
www.stacyblackman.com
akchatjha
AKCHAT Jha @akchatjha

Hello,  I am planning to apply to full time Ms in Finance program. fall'15

· GMAT- 720  (Quantitative-49/79%, Verbal-40/91%, AWA: 5.5 & IR-3]

· B.E.in Electronics & Communication  Cumulative GPA -7.27                    o Course Highlights: Engineering Math I, II, III, IV, Calculus, Probability, Statistics,

o Management & Entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property Rights}

Skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project Manager 10, Matlab

Work Experience:

Finance Management Associate at Sankalp Associates                                                                        (July2012-July-2014)

· Ganesh Warehouse Project [Project worth 1.15Cr or $153,000]:

§ .

· Ramgharhi Canal lining: Construction of Cemented Canal Lining

[Project worth -6.5 Crore Rupees 0r $ 1,040,000 ] PWD M.P. State Govt.

Lead Event Manager for Insignia' 12, National level Event at SDMCET                     

[Project worth-4,000,000 rupees or $80000]

Tools/ Machines / Software used:

· Coding on the Xilinx platform and use of VHDL programming language.

· Use of two FPGA kits namely SPARTAN-3 and VIRTEX-5 kits and also the simulation on ISIM platform.

Extra curricular activities: national level swimmer,

presented various papers at national level events, head of student government.

Could you please comment on or Evaluate my profile and if i have a chance of getting through  the CMU MSCF  course  or UCLA MSFE program or are they just  completely out of my league...please any comments would be appreciated. 

Thank you very much.

What To Consider When Choosing An MBA Program

http://www.stacyblackman.com/2013/01/30/what-to-consider-when-choosing-an-mba-program/
http://www.stacyblackman.com/2013/01/30/what-to-consider-when-choosing-an-mba-program/
A healthy dose of self-reflection, and knowing the answer when asked why you want to get an MBA, are two key components to deciding which business school programs make the most sense for you. I recently spoke with the Financial Times's Charlotte Clarke to offer my thoughts on what to consider when selecting an MBA program, and I'd like to share some of the article's key points here as well.

For many people, a first major consideration is whether to pursue a general or specialized MBA. Personally, I feel that a general MBA prepares you better to be a business leader, because running a business involves an understanding of all aspects of the business. It also allows networking and an exchange of ideas with all different types of people with different backgrounds and goals.

No degree can make you 100 percent recession-proof, but given the uncertainties of the global economy, having the ability to shift gears and adapt within a variety of fields puts you in a better position to find employment upon graduation.

While some recruiters may wonder whether applicants with a joint degree, such as the JD/MBA or the MD/MBA, have done enough self-reflection regarding their professional goals, I believe that the additional education does not necessarily hurt if you are unsure of your career plans and interests and have the time and money.

When it comes to deciding between one and two-year programs, it really is a matter of deciding what's important to you. If time and money are tight, a one-year program is a brilliant solution. However, for many career changers, the two-year program is a better option as it allows for the summer internship and more introspection and education in general.
As I say in the Financial Times, an MBA is a great, general degree that can prepare you for many paths. However, it is not right for everyone. One of the biggest mistakes I see is people applying for an MBA when their career goals are not a match for that type of graduate program. There are definitely careers that will benefit from a masters degree, as opposed to an MBA. The trick is honest self-assessment in order to align your goals with the best possible program.

www.stacyblackman.com
Thanks Stacy..
One more thing.. I would like to know abt the MPA (master of professional accounting) course.. It's that a gud course to do. Future prospects of that. In India and in abroad..
Hi everyone,

Are there any MBA admissions or GMAT questions we can answer?

Best,

www.stacyblackman.com
Hi agiri,

There is a demand for MBAs in Australia. A good step for you though is to speak to the career centers at Australian MBA programs. They will be able to discuss with you the companies that recruit at the program and the opportunities available.

Cheers,

www.stacyblackman.com
Hi farazibnrafi ,

I recommend you strongly consider why you are looking to pursue an MBA or a Masters program, as the two programs are very different and the material you will study will also be different. Unfortunately there is no "right" decision. The best step to take is to speak to current students and alumni at each program, and gather as many data points as you can. In the end, you will make the right decision.

I hope this was of help.

Cheers,

www.stacyblackman.com
Hi,
I am working as a assistant manager with nationalized bank, done BE in computer science .I want to settle down in Australia, but confused abt the course to purse there so that i can get the job after that. I heard that, MBA from AUS got no value as there is no demand for MBAs. is it true?? suggestion for any job oriented finance course in aus ??
Hello StacyBlackman !

I'm a graduate in civil engineering.

Here is my profile

10th- 72% (Karnataka State Board)
12th- 73% (Karnataka State Board)
Engineering- 7.4/10 (Visvesvaraya Technological University)
Work ex: Part time- 8 months as coordinator at a construction company. Full time- from August 12' till present at the same place
IELTS: 7.0 (L: 7.5 | R:8 | W:6.5 | S:6)
GMAT: Not attempted
Career Aspirations: The company I'm working for is my dad's company. It is a real estate development company. My dad wants me to takeover the business eventually and I want to join as early as possible. Gaining work ex and then leaving for MBA is practically impossible, I feel. It would be very difficult to get out once I'm into business. Here's what I plan to do.

1. I'm interested in doing MBA from a good uni in UK. But I don't have the work ex. There are a few unis which accept freshers for MBA but I'm told that they are not so prestigious.
Here are the unis which accept freshers:

Cardiff University
West London College (Heriot-Watt)
University of Buckingham
Liverpool John Moore University
Cardiff Metropolitan University
University of Wales, Newport
London School of Business & Finance
Bangor University
Coventry University London
University of Aberdeen
University of Stirling

2. Another option is M.Sc Management. I'm interested in these unis:

Imperial College Business School
London School of Economics and Political Science
City University: Cass
Warwick Business School
Aston Business School
University of Strathclyde Business School
University of Bath School of Management
Bradford University School of Management
Lancaster University Management School
Durham University Business School
University of Edinburgh Business School
Manchester Business School
Leeds University Business School

3. The last option is MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Business Management- Pune, India

What would you suggest? MBA from not so prestigious unis or M.Sc from prestigious unis or MBA from SIBM? Please suggest according to my career aspirations.

I'm not looking for a job. I just want exposure which would help me expand my business and give it a corporate look. Budget is not a problem.

I'd be very grateful for your help

Thank you.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

181 people follow this discussion.