PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 358   

Hi everyone......Plz evaluate my profile
10th-85.6%
12th-86.6%...both from ICSE board

Graduation(from a state govt institution)-69.3% in Mechanical Engg.

Work ex-5.2 years...4 months in Infosys right after the college and thereafter 4.8 years in a Maharatna PSU ...1.2 years break in between the 2 jobs during which i was pursuing mtech...after qualifying GATE exam(the scorecard of which ive lost)

presently Asstnt Manager.. in Energy Management Department and have a certification of Lead Energy Auditor for ISO:50001

Not much extra curriculars except that I have been playing guitar since my childhood..am a diehard guitarist but unfortunately not much certifications are associated with guitar playing...

GMAT-710(gave it on 10th august, 15 for the first time)

I am aiming for ISB, IIMs ABCL, and XLRI.. is my GMAT worth it or should I retake.. Plz help

• 4 Comments
  • Hi Manas, Your profile seems to be good for me. Even .... 13 Aug.
  • Thanks Neha. 13 Aug.
everyone pities the weak....envy...u have to earn.....
Neha66
Neha Sharma @Neha66 7

Hi Manas,

Your profile seems to be good for me. Even your GMAT score is good. If you can get 750 plus then re-take your GMAT. If not please apply with the same score. You can apply for ISB and IIM ABCLK, you have good chances for all B-Schools. If you are able to showcase your strengths to the schools through a strong application, you can have excellent chance. You may also take help of professional consultants to draft and review your essays. Showcase your achievements you have in your essays and B-School application.

Cheers!

Neha

www.genedmba.com 

Hi,

I have query regarding 1 year MBA progs in India or nearby India (Dubai/Singapore).Brief about me

GMAT: 630

Total exp : 9 years (IT)

6 years international exp ..Currently in US

Decent academics ..

I know by this GMAT score i cannot think of high end B schools such as ISB/IIM's but please let me know if there is any other option apart from this like tier 2 B schools.I am looking for 1 year full time MBA.So i found only options available :

1) XIMB,SP JAIN(Dubai),SP JAIN (mumbai),IMT,IMI,XLRI..

Not an option :

1) FMS,MDI,NMIMS,SYMBI,TAPMI,GIM,IIFT,MICA

Please help me if i am correct in my understanding and help me what other options i can look for.

Thanks in advance..

Rohit

• 4 Comments
  • Hi,I have given a try but looks like its GMAT is not in f.... 13 Aug.
  • Hi, unless you have a very competitive advantage, tier on.... 16 Aug.
nazzyb2003
@nazzyb2003

Hi,I have given a try but looks like its GMAT is not in favour of me . So i want to go with this score..Please help

admissionsamura
Charles Joseph @admissionsamura 1

Hi, unless you have a very competitive advantage, tier one schools are a long shot. Contact us to have a detailed discussion on which schools are suitable for you.

Hi,

I have a question about the job oppurtunities for MBA in IT. I'm keen in entering the eCommerce industry. What kind of roles are offered for MBA IT, in the eCommerce industry?

• Hi, hope you are well. You will be made project manager o.... 13 Aug.
prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 165

Hi, hope you are well. You will be made project manager or be in the strategy or bus dev department in an e-commerce company most likely post an MBA in IT. I hope this helps. Thank you

Hi,

Need help, A brief background about myself :

I'm 26 yrs old, B.Tech in Mech Engg (76%) and MBA in Retail Marketing (72%). Currently having 3 yrs of work ex with cold chain warehousing company and working as Asst Manager.

Looking for an opportunity to do executive MBA in premier indian institutes to fast track my career. My GMAT is planned for Aug 17th..!

Pl advise which are the institutes I can look to apply for and expected GMAT scores for the same...! I know most of the premier institutes require 5 yrs work ex and more but have checked on institutes like Great lakes and IIM lucknow offering courses with 3 yrs work ex...! 

Pl help!

• 9 Comments
  • @Nidhi0227 Delhi. 13 Aug.
  • @jollykshitij Hi, For executive programs you need to ha.... 6d.
ThePrincetonReview
Manya-The Princeton Review @ThePrincetonReview 590
@jollykshitij

Hi,

For executive programs you need to have minimum 5 years of experience. IIM L required minimum 5 years and Great Lakes requires 8 years of experience. Team Manya

http://bit.ly/1OSgiTP

Hi, can anyone guide as to whether the transcripts required for US B-schools are to be obtained from the University of graduation or the college would do just fine..Hoping for a swift and early reply..

• 1 Like  
  • Hi Abhishek! The transcripts need to be from your univers.... 14 Aug.
  • The transcript is issued by the university not the colleg.... 6d.
We do what we were trained to do... ... what we were bred to do... ... what we were born to do.
MansieDewanConsulting
Mansie Dewan @MansieDewanConsulting 3,469

Hi Abhishek! The transcripts need to be from your university unless your college is an autonomous body that conducts exams and issues their own degrees. 

ThePrincetonReview

The transcript is issued by the university not the college. You need to take it from the university.

Team Manya

Hi,

A brief background about me:

I'm 30, female and live and work in Delhi. I currently work as a Senior Associate in a Real Estate Private Equity fund (4 years).

Prior to this I was into Real Estate Consulting with an International Property Consultant (2.6 years). I started my career with a KPO and was into financial analysis involving CMBS (2 years).

I have about 9 years of work ex.

Qualifications: BA Economics (Hons) Delhi University and a CFA charter.

I'm seriously considering an MBA since I'm looking to transition out of the Analyst/Associate roles I'm currently getting and into senior/managerial positions. I want to know what kind of schools in the US/Singapore I should apply to, given my profile. I also have a low score in my 3rd year graduation and I guess I'm older than the average MBA candidate, which I would need to make up for with a good GMAT score and a compelling essay.

I'm fairly new to this, so I would really appreciate any feedback/advice on how to take this forward.

Thanks.

• 6 Comments
  • @holysmoke You need to target a score of 680 at least in.... 5d.
ThePrincetonReview
@holysmoke

You need to target a score of 680 at least in GMAT. Also you can look at schools like NTU, NUS,Rochester Simon, Chicago Booth etc. ALL THE BEST

http://bit.ly/1MKcdl9

Please help!!

If someone applies in R1 to IIMs in india, how does below situations effect his candidature.

1.His profile does not get an interview call in R1.Is he eligible to apply in R2 in the same year with a new higher score in GMAT.

2.His profile gets selected in R1 but he does not make it to the final list.Is he eligible to apply in R2 in the same year with a new higher score in GMAT.

Please provide insights!!

• u are allowed to apply only once in the admission cycle- .... 12 Aug.
  • Hi, In case you get a reject in R1 you cannot apply to t.... 7d.
mba-help
MBA Decoder @mba-help 1,731

u are allowed to apply only once in the admission cycle- either R1 OR R2. Both are considered as one admission cycle

Namita Garg, MBA Decoder

ThePrincetonReview

Hi,

In case you get a reject in R1 you cannot apply to the same university in R2. You need to apply in the next intake. Thanks!

For admission counseling services:

http://bit.ly/1MKcdl9

Hi, Need help on admission,

GMAT score: 600

B.Tech(Mechanical - UPTU) : 72.84%

10th/12th(CBSE) : 88.60% & 85.20%

Work exp: 30 months in IT(recently resigned)

worked as a support executive and Developer in various team under SCM Domain. Awarded twice for contribution to company.

Extra curricular:

1. Second runner-up in national level technical paper presentation.

2. Winner of automobile competition conducted by metawing in association with iEEE.

Looking to apply in 1st round. can any one suggest do i stand any chance in Buffalo university, binghamton university, University of Cincinnati, CSU - fullerton. If yes which one is better as i do not want to apply in more than 2 colleges as i am preparing for CAT now. 

If I don't stand any chance in the above mentioned colleges  please suggest some good colleges in Canada for above profile.

Thanks in advance( i know score is not good enough so, sorry for the trouble).

• 1 Like   4 Comments
  • @Prateek2812 hi, Yes you can apply to these US universi.... 6d.
  • @ThePrincetonReview Thanks alot :smiley: and one more q.... 6d.
ThePrincetonReview
@Prateek2812

hi,

Yes you can apply to these US universities. In Canada you can look at Alberta, York University etc.

Team Manya

Prateek2812
Prateek Rautela @Prateek2812 13

@ThePrincetonReview Thanks alot and one more queation

out of Canada and US which one would be a better destination in terms of Job prospects. 

Hi! i need help on admission consultant. any suggestions?? 

GMAT 700

3 yrs ex in Automobile OE. 

Targeting Round 1. 

TIA

• 2 Likes   4 Comments
  • u can reach out to us at contact@mbadecoder.com we are .... 12 Aug.
  • hi, you can visit the Manya - The Princeton Review Cente.... 6d.
mba-help
MBA Decoder @mba-help 1,731

u can reach out to us at contact@mbadecoder.com 

we are the oldest consultants on PG (5 years)

ThePrincetonReview

hi,

you can visit the Manya - The Princeton Review Center in your city & take a TOEFL course with them. For more details log on to

http://bit.ly/1hYaXzB

None
  • 1 Like  
  • http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/teri-kismat-da-likha-.... 11 Aug.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

8683 people follow this discussion.