About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 323   

need help with business proposals...have googled n al can't find 1 type of format..any links books or nething that would help in learning business proposal writing presale?? plz guide...

how can i perform well in verbal section of GMAT?

please guide me....

• I wish I were able to answer this question through a post.... 24 Jan.
  • As far as studying for the verbal section, you will need .... 27 Jan.
Yes , Preparing for an MBA and will apply after completing my president service. GOD BLESS AMERICA....... 
Psychodementia
Arun Jagannathan @Psychodementia 5,515

I wish I were able to answer this question through a post. In short - take a GMATPrep test and see where you stand. Once done the analysis can be a lot easier :mg:

Arun

BGPC_Eliza
Eliza Chute @BGPC_Eliza 5

As far as studying for the verbal section, you will need to study differently for SC, vs RC and CR.  For RC and CR, you do not need to learn any rules, just how to take the test, so the best way to do this is to get a handle on the strategy through a course or a book, then practice, practice, practice.  For Sc, you WILL need to memorize rules, so start by getting a good grasp on the content (through a course or book) and make sure to take detailed notes.

Having BE degree in computer science and 2.5 years of IT experience (as a software developer ), what should my ideal answer to the below question ? :

"what is your motive behind entering a management career ?

PS : I prefer to do specialization on "Retail /FMCG/ Consumer" or "consulting" or "IT".

• 3 Comments
  • while answering the question analyse your present status .... 24 Jan.
  • Hi Titli, For the purpose of the application it is best .... 29 Jan.
nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 28

while answering the question analyse your present status & the future status you aim for & then what is the link between the two? Is it the management program you are opting for? 

ThePrincetonReview
Manya Abroad @ThePrincetonReview 511

Hi Titli,

For the purpose of the application it is best that you mention that your short term goals is to get into IT consulting. This is something you will be able to justify in the application. Once you get into the business school you can pick up any other specialization in the second year.Hope this helps.Let us know if you have any further queries. www.manyagroup.com

Hi all, 

Please find the details of my profile below: 

X-82%, XII-65%

BTECH GPA-8.02

Work Exp: 5 years in IT with onsite experience with a Belgian client.

Lead a team to start new project and went to Belgium and successfully completed smooth transition of project. Conducted several team engagement activities. Received award at workplace for high performance.

Extra Curricular: Won prizes in college in Computer Gaming and Table Tennis tournaments. Took part in internal Badminton  and Table Tennis competitions in Office.

Volunteer Exp: Participated in an event organized in office to bring college students and deliver industry related sessions.

I am planning to take the exam after 4-5 months. I am looking to apply in Texas Mays and BYU Mariott. Can you please let me know what will be a good score to get an interview call from these colleges based on my profile shared above. I know that getting a call will not be decided solely on GMAT scores and profile that I have shared, but I want to have an idea on the range of scores for those colleges based on my profile. 

Thanks, 
Ambar

• 3 Comments
  • Thanks @nodwin. 26 Jan.
  • Hi Ambar, With more than 5 years of experience you shoul.... 29 Jan.
ThePrincetonReview

Hi Ambar,

With more than 5 years of experience you should target a score of at least 680.  The universities do not expect a 720 from someone who has more than 5 years of experience. Therefore you can target a range of 650-700.Let us know if you have any further queries. www.manyagroup.com

hi guys,

i am looking out for study material for preparing English verbal and non verbal .

anyone help me out with some ebook links or some other source....help will be highly appreciated ....

• 4 Comments
  • Sorry guys for the OFF topic can anyone tell me the cut o.... 28 Jan.
  • @Grk9 For the 1 year MBA, there are no such cutoffs, howe.... 28 Jan.
Grk9
kishore Goteti @Grk9 705

Sorry guys for the OFF topic can anyone tell me the cut off for IIM-A/B/C/L thru GMAT

mba9999
Saikat Lahiri @mba9999 355

@Grk9 For the 1 year MBA, there are no such cutoffs, however it is always good to score as close to the school's average as possible. School's GMAT average is available on their website.Mostly it hovers around 700.

guys, I see no thread for discussing application status, interview invites, questions, admits.

I have created this thread, please participate there in the discussions.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fall-2015-mba-applications-usa-31421707

Fall 2015 MBA Applications (USA) - PaGaLGuY
Fall 2015 MBA Applications (USA) - PaGaLGuY
Let's discuss Applications for Fall 2015 you can discuss about any university you have applied to.

Pagalguy

Recommendation letters:

Letters of recommendation are an essential part of the admissions process-some top schools have said they are the most important part-so choose your recommenders carefully!

. DO use references from your current and most recent jobs. An academic reference won't be able to answer the most common recommendation questions. Insights from your supervisors help create a picture of you now. The admissions committee isn't as concerned with how you behaved eight years ago.

. DON'T be tempted to seek a letter of recommendation from the CEO of your company, or another high ranking person, if he or she hardly knows you. The admissions committee always prefers placement over prestige, so make sure your recommender knows you well enough to comment in a thoughtful way, with supportive examples that help flesh out the candidate they see on paper.

. DO prepare your recommenders and manage them closely. These references are a small but crucial test of your management abilities. If you can't ensure that your recommenders submit on time or follow other directions, what does this say about your skills as a manager?

Veritas Gurgaon - 9810801887 

DO's and DONT's:

Where should I apply? And to how many programmes?

DO apply to your dream school, even if it is a stretch. This is your only chance, don't leave yourself with any regrets.

DO apply to at least four schools of varying levels of competitiveness to maximize chances of success.

DON'T apply to more than six schools. This is an intensive and time-consuming process. Applying too many schools leads to burn-out and diminishing returns.

DON'T rely on rumor and others' opinions when deciding where to apply. Engage in first-hand research by visiting schools, and speaking with current students and alumni. Only you can decide which school is the right fit for your personality and goals.

Veritas Gurgaon - 9810801887 

Hi,

I wanted to know about the worthiness of 1 year MS programs in business analytics in US/Singapore in terms of roi,recognition,quality etc ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

@VeritasGurgaon  @mba-help  @OfficialGMAT  @ThePrincetonReview 

• 5 Comments
  • @ThePrincetonReview \- i am a princeton review online sel.... 30 Jan.
  • Hi Akash, You can look at universities like: 1\. Univer.... 06 Feb.
rAkash
Akash R @rAkash 86

@ThePrincetonReview - i am a princeton review online self study student. can you tell me the best schools that offer the 1 year MS BA program??

ThePrincetonReview

Hi Akash, 

You can look at universities like: 1. University of Notre Dame 2. USC-Marshall 3. University of Melbourne 4. UCD-Smurfit 5. UT Austin

What sort of work experience is prferrable for MS in Emgineering Management?

• 5 Comments
  • Hi @jaywipro It is best to get a job in your domain.. 30 Jan.
  • Thank you very much :smiley:. 30 Jan.
ThePrincetonReview

Hi @jaywipro 

It is best to get a job in your domain.

jaywipro
Jaydip Mali @jaywipro 1

Thank you very much

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

8138 people follow this discussion.