Nice! Share it on Facebook so that your friends can join you here.
Hello , I am currently working for S*****g India Electronics ( Research & Development) in Android Department Since JULY 2012.
grad.in C.Sc. - 70 (NIT srinagar)
I want to pursue an MBA degree(Of course , that is why I am here.)
THINGS I KNOW---->
WHY MBA !!-
I want to join an advertising firm, so i am planning to do my MBA in sales and marketing (from one of the top B schools).
& HOW?? -
Earlier I have planned to prepare for the CAT(Common Admission Test) & almost prepared for 3 months but found some ambiguity and switched to GMAT :)!! Now I am planning to give a start to GMAT prep.
NEXT STEP -
After a small research on the GMAT, I got confused (obvious for a beginner, i think) in few areas.
I have some QUERIES and CONFUSIONS.
So now the THINGS I WANT TO KNOW------>
1. How can I(from a bourgeois family background) afford the fee for an MBA degree outside India, cause after surfing through different websites I found that most of the B schools outside India have an average fee of almost $50,000(p.a.)??!! :
2. B-schools in India which, provide a full time MBA degree , accept GMAT scores(for Indian applicants)???
3.On one hand there is a one year MBA graduate and on the other a Full time MBA graduate,How does it affect one at the time of getting the job??
4.I have ordered OG-15 , MGMAT SC, MGMAT (full set of strategy guides), CR Bible, please let me know the other books( If there is any) or more precisely a must need to score 740+!!!
5.I can devote 2 hrs everyday (week day) and 4-5 hours on Saturday/Sunday and planning to start today, But i have not registered for the GMAT yet,so which month would be considerable to register for the main Test, keeping the goal of 740+ in my mind???
6. A suggestion regarding practice Mock CATs series which one should I join to keep track of all my prep.??
Thanks in Advance , I will always appreciate your support.
Minhaz (A new kid on the block)
Hi, I have 3.5 years of experience in the power sector. Graduated in 2011 (electrical engineering, NIT Kurukshetra) CGPA-9.01, 12th 88%, 10th 88%, GRE - 312 (148,164) and have to give my TOEFL on 6th Dec.
The problem is that most of the application deadlines is 15th Dec, while I could not find a date for the toefl prior to that, what should I do, as the toefl scores would arrive In 2-3 weeks, i.e. after the application deadlines.
Also suggest best universities for MS in electrical engineering.
I have 4.5 years of experience in the Semiconductor industry. I am working with the best company in the industry.
My academics are:
X - 93%, XII - 90%, Grad - 75% (BE - Electronics and communication). I am working with NGO in the weekend and I a mainly looking for the top 5 Indian Business Schools for 1 year MBA. To name a few - ISB, IIM-ABC etc. I am yet to start my GMAT preparations and I have given CAT couple of times with decent scores.
Please provide me the insight on 1. Is it worth leaving job for an year and pursuing MBA? ( i have pretty decent pay now)
2. How do I go about and which are the other schools suitable for my profile.
I have cleared GRE in july 2014 with 326/340 quants 170 and eng 156. I am a student of mtech/btech dual biotech student of IIT will be passing out in 2015. my profile is as follow
worked in an NGO for one year as coordinator in vector control programme, as a research astt in finland for 3 months.
I want to pursue MS in US , can you guide me how to go ahead.
I am having 9 years of IT work experience as software programmer. Currently working in a multinational IT service based company. I would like to do MBA at US/UK by June 2015. I am interested in business analysis and finance. Please recommend good bschools offering one year MBA that fit my profile.
Hi, i am working as a consultant (civil design/tender and claim / project finance / project management) in one of the prestigious public sector organization ( government of india )
1) rendered consultancy services to all major steel plant of the country ,power plants from concept to commissioning activities of project value exceeding inr 1000 crore.( $ 2 Billion ) - as team member mainly as structural consultant , extra claim settlement expert , contract price negotiation etc.
2) worked as asst team leader on project of national importance ,defence projects etc. ( project value 200 million )
3) 6.5 years of work exp in india ( no out of the country assignment). continuing with the same organization , and got one accelerated promotion which is a rare phenomenon in public sector of india.
4) working as member of various committees directly reporting to steel ministry for policy decision from past 3 years.
5) CSR ( Company social responsibility) activities for the organization in rural india .
6) Gmat score 660 ( q 49 v 32).
7) Gpa : 6.71 - civil engineer from one of the most prestigious engg collage of india.( among 50 % of class)
kindly evaluate my profile for :
1) NUS , nanyang
2) Insead, lbs,imd
3) american b schools .
To brief my profile :
Acads : Hovers around 70s
work ex : 40 months till now in TCS. will be switching
Worked in an NGO for a year.
Working as a theater actor\director from past 8 months (performed on stage 8 times till now). I work as a theater actor\director in the evening after office hours. I don't have a certificate indicating the same but only photos,newspaper articles and performance videos.
Conducted 2 technical competitions at my college (JEC jabalpur) , won a competitions at IIT Bombay and IIT kanpur each.
Conducted 2 day technical workshop in college for embedded systems.
I am aiming for ISB 2017 admit. will be giving GMAT by April or May next year and will hopefully apply in R1.
1. What skills I should hone at this point to make my profile look strong enough for consideration.
2. How much weight theater carry during my profile evaluation.
3. To compensate for my acads, will a GMAT score of 700-720 suffice??
Any more suggestions to make my profile stronger will be appreciated
Hello everyone, I have 4 years of experiance working in a IT company, i want to take gmat in 2015, want to get admission in ISB, My profile is as follows
X - 49
Xii - 56
UG - 59
PG - 75 Please suggest
Hi everyone! I'm new here. Presently, I am in my pre-final year at NIT Allahabad. I want to know what are my chances of getting into one of the finest business schools(top 50) abroad - preferably U.K or U.S. and which MBA college do you suggest for me?
Aim from MBA : Networking, Business knowledge/know-how
10th - 94%
12th - 88%
Btech - 66-70% (expected)
Due to my fathers transferable job, I have studied from many different educational boards from places such as - Dhaka, Birmingham, Abu dhabi, Delhi.
I have worked with an NGO in my first year of college.
I also worked with a budding startup within my college which is now an established company.
Started my own brand(educational startup) in my sophomore year of college. The community has over 14k users and my team consists of over 20 individuals across the globe.
I would also like to know how many years experience I should have after college to be considered by the MBA colleges abroad?
I would also like to know the required GMAT score for a good MBA college abroad.
Hi All. I am currently working for a start-up based in Bangalore since past 2 years handling their IT and product development.
X - 91.7%
XII - 89%
Engineering - 71%
I also volunteer with an NGO working in the field of child education. Please evaluate my profile. I am interested to do MBA in US and planning to give GMAT next year
When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.8580 people follow this discussion.