About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 408   

Hi, I am looking for a GMAT Consultant( in Mumbai preferably) who can guide me from exam till the applications. I am not looking for very expensive hourly charging consultants but some quality ones who can help in the real sense. 

• 3 Comments
  • Ask Mansiedewan. 01 Sep '15.
  • @CareerDefiners I need help with the exam prep plus the c.... 01 Sep '15.
Grk9
@Grk9 1,015

Ask Mansiedewan

civilservant
Barney @civilservant

@CareerDefiners I need help with the exam prep plus the colleges suited for me. 

Hi All

I am an aspiring candidate for GRE (MS in US) ,planning to take it in 3months .Can someone please review my profile and let me know about the areas i need to work on . Also i would like to know whether self-study will suffice or i'll have to join some institute for guidance . If yes,kindly suggest some in Delhi.

X - 76% (CBSE)

XII - 69.80% (CBSE)

B.TECH(CS) - 63.15 CGPA (GGSIPU,Delhi) (17Backs)

WORK EXPERIENCE (4 years)

Amdocs - 2.7 year work experience as Subject matter expert(Testing Domain,Testing+Infra+Dev)

RBS - 1 year work experience as Senior associate (Got promote last month) Informatica(DWH) development

I have worked in different places in Pune, Gurgaon,Noida. 

Successfully organized some camps,college fests.

Thanks 

Hemant Midha

• 1 Like   5 Comments
  • I have some doubts like what will be hurdles because of m.... 01 Sep '15.
  • @hemantmi007 HI Based on your current profile, try to g.... 09 Sep '15.
hemantmi007
@hemantmi007 2

I have some doubts like what will be hurdles because of my grad score nd backlogs and 12th marks too..i sometimes feel bad for my past mistakes :( 

ThePrincetonReview
Manya-The Princeton Review @ThePrincetonReview 597
@hemantmi007

HI

Based on your current profile, try to get atleast 320 in GRE which will compensate your undergraduate degree to some extent. Your 17 back papers will put at a competitive stage. Try to book a date for GRE within October if possible. Because application for the Fall 2016 intake has already been started. \

Hi all 

I am an aspiring candidate for GMAT ,planning to take it in Jan 2016 .Can someone please review my profile and let me know about the areas i need to work on . Also i would like to know whether self-study will suffice or i'll have to join some institute for guidance . If yes,kindly suggest some in Gurgaon.

X - 85% (CBSE)

XII - 83% (CBSE)

B.TECH(CS) - 73%(UPTU)

GATE (2012) - 97 percentile

WORK EXPERIENCE (3.5 years)

Cognizant Technology Solutions- 1 year work experience as Programmer Analyst Trainee (Testing Domain)

Startup Company - 1 year work experience as Operations Manager

PSU Bank - Currently working as an Assistant Branch Manager for the last 1.5 year . 

I have worked in different places in Punjab , Tamil Nadu and now in Haryana . Worked in domains like credit ,public relationship ,marketing ,government policies implementation.

Successfully organized Blood donation camps,college fests.

I am thinking about ISB ,NUS and INSEAD . How much i need to score to get into one of these institutes .

Thanks 

Udbhav Dwivedi

• 1 Like   3 Comments
  • Hi Udbhav, I hope you're doing well! Good to know t.... 30 Aug '15.
  • Given the competition, you'll be better off taking some p.... 09 Sep '15.
Neha66
Neha Sharma @Neha66   11

Hi Udbhav,

I hope you're doing well!

Good to know that you are taking definitive steps towards an MBA.
Suggest you to take mock test for GMAT and check your self, what kind of score you're getting. If you're getting above 600 then go head for online classes or books materials.
Now, coming to your profile you have a decent profile. You should aim for at least 720+ to apply for your preferred B-School. ISB & INSEAD is good school for you, but NUS is bit complicated. Reason because acceptance rate of NUS is very low for Indian candidates. It is just 10%.

Best of luck for your GMAT.

Cheers!
Neha
www.genedmba.com  

ThePrincetonReview

Given the competition, you'll be better off taking some professional classes. Also, the school names are not available for review. thanks

Hola everyone! I need some guidance by the experts

I am aspiring candidate looking to take an admit in 2017. Can someone please review my profile and help me with the pointers post my profile:

In chronological order

Male, 27 years

10th: 75% (ICSE)

12th: 55% (I know its poor, but I was not academically sound till about 2 years later)

Engineering: 64% - 1st class (Computer Science, Pune University, Top college of Pune)

MBA (yes, I already have an MBA): 70% (A decent score)

Extracuriculars: Uptill Engineering, nothing noteworthy. However, In my MBA:

- Was the President of my marketing club

- Pioneered and drove the marketing magazine for the college

- Headed various event and won many accolades for the same

- Won a couple of business case study events too

Work-ex: 3.5 years in consumer insights post my MBA (with global, reputed firms). I have been client consulting in the research domain for 3 years with 6 months spent so far on the client side. 

Work ex achievement:

- Youngest joinee to have given a client presentation

- Rank 1 in a particular research framework for the organisation

- Can get multiple strong recommendations right from MD, EDs in the firm for my exemplary work 

Reason for 2nd MBA

There are 3 reasons largely:

1) I am looking to shift my career to consulting with top firms (Mckinsey, Bain)

2) Looking to make a global career

3) Not happy with the current career progress. It is too slow for my liking

Colleges Aiming for (in order of preference):

- INSEAD

- LBS

- ISB

- One of the 3 IIMs (A/B/C)

I realise my profile may come accross as peculiar (or is it just a figment of my imagination?)

I need guidance on the below

1) What are my chances (I am yet to give the GMAT)

2) What additional do I need to do in the 1.5 odd years I have to further strenghten my candidature

3) Will be glad if I can have a F2F interaction as well with someone to discuss these things. If anyone can guide me on that, will be great!

Thanks in anticipation!

Rishi

• 1 Like   8 Comments
  • @vampire26 I think that's a good decision. If you are goi.... 30 Aug '15.
  • @vampire26 The best thing that you can add in your prof.... 02 Sep '15.
admitlane
www.AdmitLane.com @admitlane 150

@vampire26 I think that's a good decision. If you are going to take that step, be true to that. I would encourage you to take initiatives (and not just wait for promotions or wait for workplace to give you opportunities) and show how you took onus during your application. All the best.

ThePrincetonReview
@vampire26 

The best thing that you can add in your profile is your career progression, try to take additional responsibilities at the workplace, take initiative outside your KRA and give your best efforts to the job. If you can get the international exposure, that's even better. Also, be involved with any cause you feel for, do your bit for the society. In an MBA application, your overall profile is considered. The more diverse it would be, more are the chances that you would be selected. 

Hi everyone!

I will be grateful to you for suggesting me some programs in India along with some international program that suits my profile and interest.

GMAT Score: 670 (Q 48, V 34, IR3)

Grad: DGPA -  8.33 / 75.8% (B.Tech, Mechanical from West Bengal University of Technology)

12th: 77.2% (Science) (C.B.S.E)

10th: 82.4% (C.B.S.E)

Work-ex: 5 Years 1 Month in Manufacturing Sector (Steel & Power)

- Project Management and Execution (Industrial Construction)

- Operation monitoring and production analysis of integrated steel plant

**No International Work-ex

Extracurricular:

- School level achievements in Sports

- Social work at organisation level

Interests: Operations Management, Finance, Construction Management, Project Management

Current CTC: INR 8.2 LPA

Loan Capacity: INR 30 L

• 1 Like   3 Comments
  • @PagalGuru You should first align on your post-MBA career.... 28 Aug '15.
  • IIM A B C L K, XLRI, Great Lakes, SP Jain, NMIMS, ISB, et.... 30 Aug '15.
CareerDefiners
Career Definers.com @CareerDefiners 38

@PagalGuru You should first align on your post-MBA career goal (both short-term and long-term). If you prepare a good application, you can target 25-40 global b-schools. Happy to help!

Llewellyn75
Llewellyn DeSouza @Llewellyn75 8,399

IIM A B C L K, XLRI, Great Lakes, SP Jain, NMIMS, ISB, etc... Are some of the options you have in INDIA. You must remember that not all these colleges are in the same league but all are within your budget. Also some of these will be very difficult to crack on the basis of your GMAT n academic scores n you may have to depend a lot on your essays n interview performance to get through. Wish you all the best. Llewellyn DeSouza - Hash MBA Consulting

Is there Reservation for OBC in Executive Programs at IIMs ?Please suggest

• 2 Likes  
  • Attend this live session conducted by ISB Alumni to get m.... 07 Sep '15.
javeedunbound
Javeed Unbound @javeedunbound   1

Attend this live session conducted by ISB Alumni to get more suggestions here at

http://www.learnunbound.com/how-to-crack-isb-webinar/

What are the one year MBA programs in India or the programs which accept GMAT scores. I have heard of PGCIM from SPJain, could you list out the similar programs. 

Work Ex : 3yrs Software

• 4 Comments
  • @Manojp24. 27 Aug '15.
  • Indian School of Business, Great Lakes Institute of manag.... 02 Sep '15.
ThePrincetonReview

Indian School of Business, Great Lakes Institute of management, IMT Hyderabad, SOIL Gurgaon, Myra Business School.

Hi..

How many months before the academic year should we appear for GMAT/GRE ?

Usually when does the academic year starts in universities in US ?

For how many months is the GMAT/GRE score valid ?

Thanks in advance

• 5 Comments
  • @preethiignatius For the Sept 2016 intake, applications.... 02 Sep '15.
  • Yes @preethiignatius , you can give them throughout the year. 02 Sep '15.
ThePrincetonReview
@preethiignatius 

For the Sept 2016 intake, applications open in July/ Aug 2015. So its recommended to take the test by June 2015. GRE/ GMAT scores are valid for 5 years

Phoenix2687
RUCHISMITA SAHU @Phoenix2687 563

Yes @preethiignatius , you can give them throughout the year

Planning to give GMAT in February 2016. Wish to start right away. Quite confused about how to start and where to start from.

Possible for someone to share a sort of study plan they followed for 5-6 months? Along side some books which are a must-have.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 Likes   6 Comments
  • Hello again @Manojp24 http://www.mba.com/india You wou.... 27 Aug '15.
  • thanks dear...! (y). 27 Aug '15.
Phoenix2687

Hello again @Manojp24 

http://www.mba.com/india

You would need to register on the above mentioned site. You can get the tests from here.

Manojp24
Manoj Parab @Manojp24 146

thanks dear...! (y)

Hi, I want to know if there are any good test series for gmat which can help me to get a good score..

• The Best test series for GMAT are 1) GMAT PREP 2) Manha.... 26 Aug '15.
  • The two free tests from GMAC are the most representative .... 27 Aug '15.
Some say glass is half full, some say glass is half empty... I say glass is too big.. :)
GMATinsight
GMAT INSIGHT 9999687183 @GMATinsight 157

The Best test series for GMAT are

1) GMAT PREP

2) Manhattan Prep GMAT

3) GMAT CLUB

4) Kaplan

5) Veritas

6) 800 score or any other are equally good or bad..

I hope this helps!

'GMATinsight'

Phoenix2687

The two free tests from GMAC are the most representative of the actual Gmat exam. You can uninstall and re-install the thing to get more questions. You can also buy 2 more additional tests from GMAC.

Manhattan comes with 6 tests which are closest to the real exam after the ones from Gmac. The quant is difficult in comparison with the real exam, but it prepares you for the best. You can try this for quant. For verbal rely only on the official tests.

GmatClub too offers mock tests that are very good for Quant preparation. 

All the best!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

9557 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events