About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 399   

Hello puys,

Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest me the colleges I should target.

10th- 72.53%

Diploma in E&C- 68.88 %

BE (electronics) - 61%

Workex - 5 years in SBI  as an officer (currently in corporate banking)

Extra curricular - not worth mentioning 

Please suggest.

Thanks

• 12 Comments
  • @alok114 You will benefit a lot from creating a career pl.... 30 Jul '15.
  • @alok114 If you choose Finance as your specialization yo.... 05 Aug '15.
CareerDefiners
Career Definers.com @CareerDefiners 38

@alok114 You will benefit a lot from creating a career plan and a roadmap for yourself. It will provide you clarity on whether you really need MBA? Also, for any good school you would require a coherent story for your short-term and long-term goals. If you want to discuss, happy to help!

ThePrincetonReview
Manya-The Princeton Review @ThePrincetonReview   597
@alok114

If you choose Finance as your specialization you need to target a higher GMAT score of 680 or 690. You can look at universities like Boston College, Rotman, UBC Suder, Rochester Simon etc.Team Manya

http://bit.ly/1OSgiTP

Hi All,

I am new to Delhi,so I don't have any idea regarding coaching institutes for GMAT. If anybody has any idea kindly share your experience and suggest me some options.                                             Thanks

• Hi, I can tell you about the Manya-The Princeto.... 30 Jul '15.
ThePrincetonReview

Hi,

I can tell you about the Manya-The Princeton Review GMAT courses. Manya-The Princeton Review courses come with 10 full-length practice tests, 125+  drills for practice, as well recorded video lessons.                                                                                                                  You can prepare on your own, you may go for an online course, or you can go for a class room course in a batch or go for 1-on-1 coaching. Here is the link to the GMAT: http://www.manyagroup.com/gmat-test-preparation-coaching-classes-delhi

Team Manya

http://goo.gl/hpmXBk

Hi,

Please look at my profile and suggest me which all college i should target for. (My preferences are ISB, INSEAD, NUS etc)

X - 68% (Bihar State board) - State topper marks was 81.2%

XII - 69.2% (Bihar state board) - State topper marks was 84%

BE (E & I) - 68.2% (VTU university) - University topper marks was 89%

4 years of work exp in IT sector,in various domains such as Banking, Security, telecom.

I was working at "Teach for India" for 4-5 months (as volunteer) to help deprive and poor students to get quality education/raise funds.

I am consistently getting around 690-710 in mock exams (Official, Kaplan).

Do help me.

Thanks.

• 9 Comments
  • @CareerDefiners Sure Bhavya. Do let me know where you .... 03 Aug '15.
  • @CrackTheBilli \- Find out contact details at our website.... 03 Aug '15.
CrackTheBilli
confuse d @CrackTheBilli 24

@CareerDefiners 

Sure Bhavya.

Do let me know where you guys are based on.

CareerDefiners

@CrackTheBilli - Find out contact details at our website www.careerdefiners.com Thanks!

Hello,

I recently took the GMAT and got a score of 760 ( Q -50, V-41 ).

My profile is as follows: 

Xth: 91.2

XIIth: 87.33

Grad: Mech Engineering 8.65

Work Ex: 2 years as of now in a major automobile company in India

Extra Currics: Not so great.

I wanted to know which colleges should i be looking at ideally. The problem is fees 50L + will be problem.

Is there any group of colleges that i should be looking at? ones that will provide a decent amount of scholarship?

• 1 Like   4 Comments
  • HI, thanks for your replies @prepzone and @ISBmantra.com.... 28 Jul '15.
  • @faisalahmed92 US the average fees is about 60-70 lakhs..... 30 Jul '15.
faisalahmed92
Mark Knopfler @faisalahmed92 5

HI, thanks for your replies @prepzone  and @ISBmantra.com . A few more queries if you have the time: I had a few B schools in mind considering my limited work experience and past record of similarly profiled seniors. For eg. how is Red McCombs School of Business, UIUC school of business and INSEAD? I wanted to shift streams from operations to consultancy/general management? How good are these institutes and do i  stand a chance considering my current profile? Really appreciate the swift responses on this thread. It's very heartening!

ThePrincetonReview
@faisalahmed92

US the average fees is about 60-70 lakhs. Scholarship is completely university specific.Parameters can change every year.Also scholarships are highly competitive. If budget is a constraint , you can look into universities in India/Singapore/Canada which would fit in 50L of budget.A few US universities can also be looked into.Team Manya

http://goo.gl/hpmXBk

Hello all,

Which is the best overseas education consultant in Hyderabad  to guide about admissions to foreign universities through GMAT ?

• 1 Like   10 Comments
  • @mba-help But again you will charge I ve already paid Pri.... 07 Sep '15.
  • For hearing your profile and giving you suggestions? Never!!. 07 Sep '15.
DarkAlex
DarkAlex @DarkAlex 17,550

@mba-help But again you will charge I ve already paid Princeton

mba-help
Namita@ MBADecoder.com @mba-help 1,823

For hearing your profile and giving you suggestions? Never!!

Hi,

I am starting my GMAT preparations. I appeared for CAT last year but could not get a good score. Can you please guide me on how should I start and what study material can be followed. What is the right time to take GMAT. My profile is as follows

Xth: 78.8%

XII: 72%

Btech: 66.7%(Computer Science)

Work Experience -  4 years(reputed MNCs) as software Engineer.

• Hi Abhinav, hope you are well. Please note that the best .... 25 Jul '15.
  • In my opinion, first you should be sure whether MBA abroa.... 27 Jul '15.
prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 211

Hi Abhinav, hope you are well. Please note that the best way to start the GMAT process is to take a MOCK GMAT test, unprepared and see how you score right from the onset and then take a call if you need external tutorials and what additional materials you would require for the same. You can always start by looking at the Official GMAT guide. I hope this helps. Thank you

CareerDefiners

In my opinion, first you should be sure whether MBA abroad fits well within  your career plan. Assuming that it does, you can always start with downloading the mock test (preferably official ETS). Also, you need to then chalk out a strategy by identifying your strengths and weaknesses. Hope this helps.  Good luck!                                                                                                                                                             - Bhavya Kumar (MBA '09 Chicago Booth), Chief Mentor careerdefiners.com

hiii..puys! I have started my preparation days back.. the problem is i cant carry the book to office, so if u have any PDFs please share.

Does applying in the second round(which have deadlines of Dec-Jan) cause any problems in terms of admission chances ? Should a student strictly target round 1 deadlines only or is round 2 okay too ?

• Hi Aditya, it said popularly known that candidates have t.... 24 Jul '15.
  • It does! Thank you :smiley:. 25 Jul '15.
The beginning and the end . . CAT15 99.86     CAT14 99.27     GMAT 770      Admits 2015-16 - Duke University, ISB(Co19) 
prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 211

Hi Aditya, it said popularly known that candidates have the best chance to apply in R1 and R2 sees a drop in acceptance rates however, you should apply when your application is ready rather than submitting a less-than-stellar one in R1. I hope this helps. Thank you

adi_dosa_desh
Aditya Deshpande @adi_dosa_desh 308

It does! Thank you

Hi Everyone, while preparing for GMAT, I had the opportunity to attend a seminar which helped to get an estimation for funding through loans. My list of B schools consisted of two ambitious and 3 safe choices. My initial plan was to ace the exam and try for scholarships and/or take loans for the entire amount. Now, I realize it would be impossible for me to apply considering the huge sum, therefore I am looking at GRE or equivalent programs for management like MIM. Please note, I have completely lost interest in coding. Here is a summary of my profile:

Xth: 75% (ICSE board)

XII: 86.5 (best of 4 ICSE) 76% overall

Btech: 7.95 dgpa out of 10

Work experience: working as a software developer from 18th june 2013 till date in an MNC. I have also been trying to get into business analyst roles. I am going to learn Spanish soon enough. Please advise on what could be a possible course of action, if I want to make a career transition to Management Consulting or strategic consulting,

• Hi, Hope you are well. You have 2 years of work experienc.... 24 Jul '15.
prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 211

Hi, Hope you are well. You have 2 years of work experience which is at the brink of your application for an MBA program if you look at Sept 2016 hence that is what I would recommend for you. MIM is for 0 - 2 years fresh graduates which I think you will pass by Sept next year hence I am unsure if you should look at that option. Either way you are looking to write the GMAT for an MIM / MBA if you want to transition into Mgt. Please note to go through schools' deadlines for both programs as they are in mid sep - mid oct for most top schools hence start your GMAT prep and Applications prep asap. Alternatively, if you are looking at Sept 2017, you have plenty of time and in fact I would highly recommend getting 4 years of work exp. under your belt. With your aim I would look at a 720 + in the GMAT and some of the top schools globally for an MBA or MIM program. I hope this helps. Thank you

Hi! My profile is as follows - 

10th - 89%

12th - 62.67% (Quite low here)

Graduation - 77.33% (B.E. Mech)

I am a relative fresher (just started working-been 15 days now). I wish to pursue MIM courses or something similar as I do not intend to work for more than 1 year. I gave CAT 2014 with a 99.27% and managed to convert quite a few good colleges as well. However due to some personal reasons, I have decided to work for a year and then pursue my further education. I will be giving CAT again this year while attempting GMAT for the first time. Would love if someone helped with a few queries of mine!

1. I gave 2 mock GMATs and the score was around 730. I know I can do much better once I get accustomed to GMAT's format. What score should I ideally be targeting with my profile to give myself a good chance ? Also what are the colleges that I should target ?  

2. How does the new 'Cancellation of scores' policy of GMAT work ? Do we get to see our score before the cancellation option becomes active?

3. Lastly I'll be applying for Counselling. Any recommendations ? Need some class who will start guiding me right away and not after my actual GMAT score comes! 

Would appreciate a response! 

• 1 Like  
  • Hi Aditya, hope you are well. You not only have a brillia.... 23 Jul '15.
  • Hey I'm no consultant but a couple of my friends went for.... 23 Jul '15.
The beginning and the end . . CAT15 99.86     CAT14 99.27     GMAT 770      Admits 2015-16 - Duke University, ISB(Co19) 
prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 211

Hi Aditya, hope you are well. You not only have a brilliant profile but scored extremely well in CAT & the MOCK GMAT. Usually 720 and above is quite a good score but yes you can aim at as high a score as you like in your case. There are plenty of brilliant schools that have the MIM / MIB program such as St Gallen, HEC P, LBS, ESADE, ESSEC, ESCP an the likes and you can look at applying to these for sure. You could also look at Duke for their 1 year program for fresh grads. Prep Zone would be happy to help you take things forward, please send me a private message with your contact details so we can talk further. Thank you

royxxx
Rishabh Roychowdhury @royxxx 7

Hey I'm no consultant but a couple of my friends went for MIM from HEC Paris and they said the job scene is horrible there and you really have to slog it out.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

9423 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events