About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 386   

Hello!!

Is there any whatsapp group for GMAT ..if yes please add me .my number is 8793319209.. I am planning to take my GMAT in July/Aug

• 1 Like   10 Comments
  • add me also 8765381580. 14 Jul '15.
  • hi... we dont belong to any group but we can create and .... 14 Jul '15.
Gambler_2015 
ashish943
Mr Anderson @ashish943 3

add me also 8765381580

kvsk
Kamalveer Singh @kvsk

hi... we dont belong to  any group but we can create and m going to create such group dedicacted to gmat nd cat aspirants.....

Hi,

Im planning to pursue 1 year executive mba starting in 2016. Plz suggest what will b the right time for appearing for GMAT this year and which B schools from I can expect a call based upon my GMAT Score. My academic profile is : 

Xth- 83% (ICSE Board)

XIIth-60%( Jharkhand State Board)

B Tech- 8.4 CGPA

Work Experience- 5Years 6 M as Asst Manager and Br Manager with Syndicate Bank. Worked in Advances, Operations and actively participated in various schemes/ programmes launched by GOI from time to time.

• Hi, you have a sound profile and I think you should start.... 18 May '15.
  • Hi, Focus on GMAT and try to get 700+...You definitely st.... 19 May '15.
Success is a journey and not the destination .
prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 211

Hi, you have a sound profile and I think you should start your prep for GMAT asap sine you'll be looking at the IIMs and ISB and their deadlines are Sept - Oct ... I hope this helps.

desert_ice
desert ice @desert_ice 16

Hi, Focus on GMAT and try to get 700+...You definitely stand chance of getting into good business schools, if you put up a good application together. Check out the exec programs of SPJ, XLRI. However if you are ok with waiting for an year, you might be eligible for exec programs of IIMs and few other good univs in India. You can spend the next one year in building up a sold well rounded profile, GMAT etc. All the best.

Hi,

I am currently working in an automotive research and development center since past 10 months.

10th - 85

12th - 88

B.Tech Mech CGPA 8.4

Participated in 2 national level automotive competitions (SAE BAJA) and volunteered in the same event after graduating. Had good experience of team work and leadership during the extracurricular activities.  

I have been given some responsibilities at work and I can manage to get decent recommendations 

I am giving GMAT in july. Would it be wise do apply for early entry option this year? Would they really buy my story of chasing automobile passion since college ?

How much gmat score should I aim for ?

• 3 Comments
  • @AbhishekNigam26 You should focus on getting a 720+ . You.... 17 May '15.
  • No one is going to buy your _story_ of chasing automobile.... 21 May '15.
admitlane
www.AdmitLane.com @admitlane 144

@AbhishekNigam26 You should focus on getting a 720+ . Your words echo passion for automotive space and by putting it into right words, the essays can come out really effective. All the best with your GMAT.

ISBeacon
ISBeacon.com Beacon @ISBeacon 36

No one is going to buy your story of chasing automobile passion since college; there has to be more than just the story; and I think you do have more than just a story: You have 2 national level automotive competitions to vouch for, you have your work responsibilities to highlight and you have your work experience to cite.

So, a let the story get converted into a case study and they will believe that! They have to.

Hi,

I am currently living and working outside India. I am looking to pursue my MBA from the top B -schools in India, starting in 2016. Here are my profile details:

X - 91%, XII - 82%, B.E.- 66%, MS - 3.5/4, 4 years Work ex in a MNC (as of April 2016).

Extracurricular- Photography and owner of a Blog with good traffic 

Can the experts please suggest top colleges in India that accept admission via GMAT and suit my profile?

Please help. 

Thank you

• Hi @sahilshr! With your profile, the only good program th.... 17 May '15.
  • I agree with @ISBmantra.com ! Good luck!. 18 May '15.
ISBmantra.com
ISBmantra.com @ISBmantra.com 2,043

Hi @sahilshr! With your profile, the only good program that you qualify to apply to is ISB. The IIMs ask for higher experience. October 15 is the ISB deadline, so you may start planning your GMAT accordingly. 

All the Best!

'ISBmantra / EssaySunday Consulting'

www.essaysunday.com

www.isbmantra.com

prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 211

I agree with @ISBmantra.com ! Good luck! 

what is the most preferable time to write GMAT ,not decided on colleges ..i am planning to write it by June end.. Do i have to write TOEFL for foreign colleges and when should it be? Experts Plz help

• 1 Like  
  • TOEFL requirement varies from b-school to b-school. 80-90.... 17 May '15.
undertheskygymworld.blogspot.in/ The secret of Life ,though,is to fall seven times and to get up eight times. 
admitlane
www.AdmitLane.com @admitlane 144

TOEFL requirement varies from b-school to b-school. 80-90% of US b-schools do not require TOEFL but some do. Do check before you apply.

Regarding GMAT, If you plan to apply in Round 1 of b-schools, you should be done with GMAT by July maximum in order to have sufficient time for applications. If you plan to apply in Round 2, try to finish the GMAT by September or max by October mid. All the best.

I have 74.05% marks in Graduation from Jadavpur University, West Bengal. Now while creating my GMAT profile what should I write in the undergraduate marks which of 4.0 scale . Kindly help.

• 5 Comments
  • yes, it is the most trusted and preferred source for both.... 16 May '15.
  • @prepzone I will be joining iit kgp mhrm this year. I hav.... 16 May '15.
CAT 94.38; Calls IMT GPGDM, IMI D (B&FS) Awaiting IIT KGP MHRM and IITK, IIM RANCHI (PGDHRM) 
MansieDewanConsulting
Mansie Dewan @MansieDewanConsulting 4,914

yes, it is the most trusted and preferred source for both students and universities. Its been used by Jadavpur students in the past..

indrab89
Indranil Banerjee @indrab89

@prepzone I will be joining iit kgp mhrm this year. I have 1 month free time with me right now. I will be looking to do phd in HR after 2 years completing the course. This is why I am giving GMAT since its score is valid for 3 years.

Hi!

Profile Synopsis: 

X : 87 XII : 86 

Graduation : 74% Electronics and Communications Engineering, DCE in 2011

Work Experience : Starting from August 2011 to now : 4 years at a semiconductor company/IT. It would be 5 years when the session begins next year.

Extra Curricular : Unfortunately none except from a 2 month stint at a NGO and an award at work. I do not have a well rounded profile.

-----------------------------------------------------

Questions:

1) Do I have any chance with this profile at IIM's one year full time MBA program if I apply for next year via GMAT? Frankly, I am overwhelmed by applicant's profile there.

2) Do I have any chance at ISB's one year full time MBA program if I apply for next year via GMAT?

3) Which international schools can I apply to? I have heard NUS is good. Unfortunately I can not afford schools who have fees Rs 40 Lakhs and above.

4) What can I do in next coming two months in extra curricular(s) to improve my chances?

5) I want to get into product management in software/hardware domain. My work experience is of a individual contributor as opposed to managerial. I have interest in doing an MBA. Do people of my experience get through. (Sorry, this looks like (1)/(2) )

6) Finally. What makes more sense for me? A two year course via CAT or a one year via GMAT. I feel at this point(5 years exp), one year is the way to go. But I am all ears.

Thanks a lot.

• 7 Comments
  • @EducationAisle But curiosity is my weakness. So bear one.... 16 May '15.
  • @133x Both.. 17 May '15.
133x
133x @133x 7

@EducationAisle But curiosity is my weakness. So bear one more question of mine. What schools do you mean by Most schools? India or abroad? 

Anyone applying for the Reliance Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship Programme at Stanford in 2015?

• 2 Likes  
Strategy Consultant at the United Nations World Food Programme | Engineer by Qualification, Consultant by Profession | Currently in GMT+2.0  

Please suggest some good books for GMAT preparation.I am a naive in this regard.Can someone please guide!!

• GMAC Verbal and Quant Review & Barrons are pretty good ...... 15 May '15.
  • Also you can study from 'MANHATTAN GMAT Strategy Guide.. 15 May '15.
prepzone
Prep Zone @prepzone 211

GMAC Verbal and Quant Review & Barrons are pretty good ... I hope this helps. Thank you

ouchitya
Ouchitya Karan @ouchitya 8

Also you can study from 'MANHATTAN GMAT Strategy Guide.

Please suggest some colleges for MS in Industrial Engineering in USA also give GRE score reqd. to crack each.

Profile:

X: 85.08

XII: 72.4

Grad: 7.69

1.5 yrs. work ex. till fall.

Thnx in advance.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

9190 people follow this discussion.