About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 326   

Hi. I have given my GMAT and my Score is 690.

My academics are Xth- 83.3%; XII - 91.1% and B.Tech from an NIT with CGPA 8.35.

6 years of Work Experiance at BHEL - (Intra departmental from Execution of Civil Works, CSR to Strategic Planning and Material Budget control)

Planning to apply for 2015. Suggest some good collages apart from ISB, which gives a good ROI. I am from a middle class background so, placements of the B-school is very important.

• 3 Comments
  • Hi @princenag , its difficult to tell you where to apply .... 04 Jul '14.
  • Hi, Your work profile seems to be good but you have a lo.... 05 Jul '14.
mba-help
MBA Decoder @mba-help 1,597

Hi @princenag , its difficult to tell you where to apply because you have given very little information about yourself here. For a starter, what do you want to do after the MBA? As, in what are your career goals after you complete the MBA? That will largely determine which b-schools you should apply to. Other factor could be the location - are you interested in studying in India or outside? There are a lot more factors, but let me not overburden you with questions. 

Your acads are good but the GMAT is on the lower side - again your b-school choice will depend upon this because some b-schools expect a much higher GMAT from Indian applicants.

Six years of work experience places you at the right spot in the game- typically the average experience of applicants is between 4-6 years.  We would like to know more about your work experience, because that tends to get scrutinzed by b-schools for obvious reasons. So do tell us more details here- are you leading teams? What kind of responsibilities have you been handed? What kind of impact have you made on your company? How competitive have your various roles been? 

We would be happy to discuss further. Do reach out at contact@mbadecoder.com

Namita Garg

http://www.mbadecoder.com

ThePrincetonReview
Manya Abroad @ThePrincetonReview 534

Hi, Your work profile seems to be good but you have  a low GMAT score. Apart from ISB you can also look at IIM L, IIMB and IIM C. S.P.Jain is also a good option in terms of ROI.

The GMAT exam is your ticket to study in Mainland China & Hong Kong. Test your knowledge of these study destinations between 19 May – 18 July for a chance to win an iPad Mini or Amazon gift cards!

http://landing.mba.com/china-hongkong?source=pagalguy

Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com

hi puys;

need some guidance, i am working in MNC for last 4 months , planning to MS (computer science)in USA . from some websites i got information that it is hard to get jobs for non us student or non green card holder.If i complete 1 to 2 year of work experience ,will  i get advantage in getting job? 

I m a 2013 b tech passout with no work ex. M planning to give gmat in august 1st week. Can i get admn into MIM programs in europe dis september or feb. Hoping to get 700+ in gmat

• Hi Piyush, you can get some options for Jan 2015 intake b.... 26 Jun '14.
ThePrincetonReview
Manya Abroad @ThePrincetonReview 534

Hi Piyush, you can get some options for Jan 2015 intake but this year September wont be possible. You visa process will also take time post admit. Always remember the application cycle starts almost 10 months before the beginning of the intake term. Would recommend you to take your GMAT and IELTS this year and start the application process post October.

I am planning to write GMAT in aug, i am aiming for NMP(National Management Programme) at MDI, one section on the site states that only NRI/PIOs can apply for this course through GMAT, others CAT. I am confused, please can someone tell me whether im eligible for this course through GMAT

• Can anyone please clarify my doubt??. 27 Jun '14.

Should Executive MBA after an experience of 4.5 years be done through GMAT or CAT preparation?

• 1 Like  

Hello all..

This is my first post in PG....I am giving some serious thought for giving GMAT by end of this year for which the  preparations have already started.. While I was  looking at various profiles listed in the thread of all the MBA aspirants, I thought this to be the best place where I could put down my profile for expert evaluation:

10th : 86%

12th : 73%

B . Tech (Electronics & Communication): 9.06/10

I am working in a Govt. since 5 years now and have been managing Telecom Projects. I am currently holding the designation of Assistant Manager. Out of these 5 years, I have spent roughly 3 years abroad for Project work.

Now, what I request from the experts is to please let me know what GMAT Score I should target for getting through a college of good repute in India / abroad.

Secondly, which countries or Management schools in particular I should look for wherein the cost of the Degree is less without compromising on the quality of educations (looking for something around INR 35 - 40 Lakhs) ,

• 1 Like   6 Comments
  • However, as far as the GMAT is concerned, try aiming 720 .... 25 Jun '14.
MansieDewanConsulting
Mansie Dewan @MansieDewanConsulting 2,766

However, as far as the GMAT is concerned, try aiming 720 plus.

Find and Compare Schools:

In India, the GMAT score is accepted for admissions at more than 200 programs offered at over 90 business schools. Checkout the complete list at 

http://www.mba.com/india/the-gmat-exam/about-the-gmat-exam/schools-value-the-gmat/gmat-accepting-schools-in-india.aspx

Hi, I have a work experience of about 2 years in IT industry. I wanted to know if with this less work experience can I target for ISB this year? If yes, what is the preferable best score for getting into ISB with this work experience?

Thanks in advance

• 1 Like  
  • @TULIKABARANWAL To complement your work experience, you .... 25 Jun '14.
edprep.in
Ed Prep @edprep.in 20

@TULIKABARANWAL  To complement your work experience, you should provide a concrete story as to why you want to do MBA now, and how it will help you to achieve your career goals. Regarding best score, you should aim for higher score. It won't be a sole criteria for you to get in to the school, but will definitely help in improving your application. Good luck!

Through the Eyes of B-School Alumni: Degree ROI & Career Journey
Through the Eyes of B-School Alumni: Degree ROI & Career Journey
Advice that you'll find nearly everywhere on mba.com is that talking with business school alumni is an invaluable way to gain meaningful insights about the b-school experience. We've given you a head start this year by bringing alumni to you, nearly 21,000 strong, whom we surveyed last fall.

Mba

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

8180 people follow this discussion.