Nice! Share it on Facebook so that your friends can join you here.
Hi, 10th : 90%, 12th : 88%, B.Tech : 84%, Work Ex : 2.5 yrs in IT as a Business Analyst. Won many awards in School, College and at workplace. Certifications Completed : 1) Six Sigma Green Belt 2) Certified Supply Chain Management 3) ISEB BCS Business Analyst Reason for MBA: Willing to change the work sector from IT and climb up my career ladder as a Consultant. Issues Faced: Wrote CAT thrice but failed to get a decent score. Wrote GMAT once but self study, so scored 550 only. So all I need is experts suggestion to guide me what I should do next. I have great passion and aspiration to pursue an MBA n learn more. No financial constraints, so willing to study within/outside India. I have complete understanding n knowledge knowledge about the Indian BSchool system. Also i have done my research on the European BSchools as well. I am totally confused at this point of time as what I should do further. 1) continue my work in IT 2) join any coaching centre and take GMAT once again 3) temporarily shift to other sector apart from IT and start to gain more workex. @MansieDewanConsulting : any help here please?
B.Tech( Electronics, Non IIT/NIT) - 6.3/10-2012
Work Exp- Infosys(since Apr 2013, 33 months cont.). Earned several awards relating to work during this period.
Extra Curricular- Represented states team in basketball, Captained college and corporate team.
As I stated my preparation late(mid Nov) to pursue for MBA I was only able to appear in XAT and SNAP. I am scoring around 23 in XAT and scored 88 %le in SNAP. I have a domicile quota for XIMB.
1. When should I take GMAT for admission into any good colleges(India/abroad) in 2016 ? If possible.
2. Given my score and profile, if I get an admission to GLIM/KJ/TAPMI/MICA/XIMB/IMT, would it be wise to join the college or to wait for another year and try better in GMAT/CAT/XAT ? I am confused because a lot of people have been saying that 3+ yrs of work exp is a turn off for indian colleges while going for a 2-yr PGP.
3. Does foreign colleges also show lack of interest towards candidates with 3+ work exp ?
4. As I have poor grades in 12th and BTech, how bad are my chances to get into good colleges(India/abroad) through GMAT?
Thanks a lot.
I have started preparing for GMAT and would like to appear in the month of June/July. I need your advice regarding some of my queries
I would like to introduce my profile first, so that it could help you in addressing my queries
Class 10- 84%, Class 12- 79.6and B. Tech (NSIT DELHI)- 63.56% in Instrumentation & Control.
Work Ex- 3.5Yrs (CITY GAS DISTRIBUTION COMPANY- IGL)
Job Profile- Deputy Manager (operation & maintenance)
1) Maintenance planning and Execution
2) Planning, executing and monitoring Improvement projects.
3) Responsible for implementing Asset Management framework in the organization for Asset Optimization (Closely related to Reliability Engineering)
4) Participates in the technical audits and follow up for Compliance
So my queries are
1)According to my profile/work ex, which MBA specialization would suit me for my career growth.
2)How much minimum score should I target in GMAT to get short listed in Indian Colleges and for studying abroad
3) I cannot go for a classroom coaching due to location constraints, so kindly suggest me some online preparation course.
4) If i go for a self study mode of preparation, what are the resources needed for that? Resources refers to here are Books/study materials/ online course contents? Kindly mention the name
My profile in short :
10th % : 86.5
Work exp: 4 Years in TCS
GMAT score : 650
I dont have any location preference for doing MBA
I'm only concerned about ROI and Campus placements/Jobs
In India , I'm applying for GreatLakes
Abroad, I m unable to decide.Could you suggest any good universities abroad ? like in Canada/Aus/Eupore.
Does Spain colleges do any good for me ?
Thanks in advance
Hi, My query is regarding admissions in top b school in India through gmat score for indian students. As I am from India only and I want to know if I am still applicable for the admissions in b schools of india through gmat because many of the bschools accept gmat scores but it is applicable for nri or foreigners only please provide me with the list of bschools in india accepting gmat score for indian students and with no work experience please please do rply asap
thankyou in advance
Hi All, I don't have much knowledge about ISB admission procedures. Here is my profile: Class 10th : 74% Class 12th : 76% B.Tech. : 89% Work experience: 2 years 5 months till date in MNC. Gold medalist in B.Tech (overall semesters). Planning for 2017 classroom program. Below are my queries: 1. According to my profile,what should be an eligible gmat score? 2. When can I take gmat this year.? 3.Am I eligible for 1 year executive MBA.? Please address the above queries. Thanks .
Hi, I am planning to take GMAT exam this year. I am already 10 years experience. Will it do any favor in my career if I wish to take admission in Indian B-School. Will my experience carry negative points for getting into the B-School. Please clarify.
Hello everyone. I want to start my preparation for GMAT and have absolutely no idea about where to start and how to go about it. I only have OG 15. 1. Are there any good online classes that i can take ? (classroom coaching is not available nearby my place). 2. When should i preferably take the exam for admission in the next academic year i.e 2017-19. 3. Which Indian schools accept the score? 4. What other books/ material/ online material (like videos or torrents ) do i need to buy? Thanks in advance.
Did colleges notice 10th and 12th score as well while applying, if the scores are low like 60% and gmat score 680then also is there is any chance of getting in a good reputed college?
When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.9558 people follow this discussion.