About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 202   

How are the MBA programmes at National University of Singapore?

I am a 2013 passed out engineering graduate,currently working with ICICI bank as Branch Sales Manager. Please help .
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

I am planning to give GMAT and then getting into a good B-school. For that I am looking for a good counselling program in MUMBAI.

Till now, I have heard of two names - "IMS counselling" and "KIC education counselling"

IMS is charging fees around 24,000 and KIC is charging around 47,000.

I have no idea about which of them is reputed and worth investing such a large amount of money.

Could anyone please provide some useful suggestions?

Thank you!!

• 1 Like  
  • In case you are looking for GMAT prep material, you will .... 02 May.
  • @ssonawane \- Hi there! Exactly what help are you se.... 01 May.
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 886
In case you are looking for GMAT prep material, you will find a lot of material online. You can go through them and then purchase a few books for practice sessions. In case you are talking of application help in terms of essays etc, that is a procedure which will come into picture only once you clear GMAT. So, the first thing is to prepare well for GMAT, for that online material and purchase of a few books should get you started.
mba-help
MBA Decoder @mba-help 1,386
@ssonawane - Hi there!

Exactly what help are you seeking- with your GMAT prep or with your applications?

There are many consultants out there - for GMAT as well as for your essay strategy. You may decide to work with one of the so called "one-stop" shops like you have mentioned above. OR you may prefer to work with a niche consultancy that handles lesser volume of clients and is therefore able to give clients more and personalized attention.

You will have to make the choice for yourself and I suggest that you make it wisely.

Namita Garg
www.mbadecoder.com...

Admissions open at Goa Institute of Managemnet

Studying at GIM will change you; transforming you into a competent leader. A learning experience based on Ethics, Diversity, Innovation, Research and Social Sensitivity, specifically designed to launch you into a rewarding and successful career.

Apply Now.

Learn more about us.

Start Downloading

Hello,

I am a computer science post graduate working with an industry leading telecom firm with 12 years of experience. My scores are ==> 10th: 84%, 12th: 74%, Grad: 67%, post grad: 9.1 CGPA.

I am into project/program management profile for the past 4 years with excellent track record. I am thinking of pursuing an MBA but not convinced how much boost it will provide to my career considering:

- my experience is already higher as compared to average experience of candidates.

- is it worth the investment

Additionally pls suggest:

- should I be looking at MBA or any other course

- if I target Indian B-schools then apart from ISB and IIMs should any other schools be on my radar?

- what gmat score should I be targeting?

Pls advise.

• 12 years is definitely on the higher side. But the factor.... 02 May.
  • Hi @ritz112 , Most people who apply to programs like.... 01 May.
ivyctor2010
12 years is definitely on the higher side. But the factor which the adcom would look into is the employability and not really the age. So, if the Adcom is convinced that you can be placed well post your course, age is not what will stop you from having an admit. What would be your career goals? Are you seeking an elevation or function / role change? You need to be clear on why and how the MBA will aid you and this can be answered only when you ponder into your career goals. In case, you decide to go for it, your target GMAT score should be 700 and above.
mba-help
Hi @ritz112 ,

Most people who apply to programs like ISB and other executive education programs have 3-5 years of work experience. So be assured that you are within that range or having more work experience than you. Infact the executive programs of the IIMs require applicants to have 5+years of work exp when they apply. I think you should stick to ISB, the IIMS; you can add SP Jain and XLRI if you want.

"is it worth the investment" - this is a subjective question and the answer depends on what your expectations from an MBA are. To make a general statement, I strongly believe that an MBA can catapult your career to a level that may otherwise take too long to happen by itself.

Since you are into project management, maybe you should do an analysis between a PMI certification and an MBA. If you are seeking more management responsibilities later in your career then an MBA is the way to go.

Aim for a GMAT score above 700.

Namita Garg
www.mbadecoder.com...

Puys,

Please post your questions about GMAT coaching centres in other relevant forums. "Ask-a-consultant" forum is not meant for these questions.

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com

hey guys I'm luking for GMAT coaching in Delhi.... Any suggestion??

• even m looking for same if u want we can look together as.... 30 Apr.
bhavay007
Bhavay Sood @bhavay007 4
even m looking for same if u want we can look together as well may we get some group discounts

Anybody from JAMBOREE classes ? Please provide me some reviews ,it charges 30k for 11 weeks course. Is it worth a try ?

• 1 Like  

which are topmost colleges through gmat which have 1 year course ? Also what are cut offs for them ? I have work ex of only 3 years till now , how much i need score for them ? I am giving gmat by end of july ... @ivyctor2010

• 5 Comments
  • There are many programs offered across geographies ( Asia.... 30 Apr.
  • @mba-help. 30 Apr.
In the name of king Tommen and house baratheon & first of his name , hereby you are sentenced to death !!  
ivyctor2010
There are many programs offered across geographies ( Asia, Europe) with a course length between 12 months - 16 months. Depending on your fit, you can choose. It may not be possible to list out all of them here, but you should definitely look at ISB, NUS, B Schools in UK( (Judge, Said, LBS), INSEAD,ESADE etc.You will need a decent score of 700 and above along with sound professional experience, good extra curriculars and impressive academic records.

Taking the Stress out of the GMAT

Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com

HI all,

I am a MBA grad from NMIMS....and having 2 and half years of work experience.....

I was thinking of pursuing another MBA from US.....

Please let me know:

1. Any preparation tips for GMAT

2. Which coaching institute to join in Mumbai?

3. What study material shall I follow?

4. Though selection of colleges depends on the GMAT score, however any suggestions on the same as well.

(findingmyself19@gmail.com)

• 5 Comments
  • Hi There, A lot of US b-schools aren't too happy about yo.... 30 Apr.
  • graduated from NM and y again??? any reasons??. 29 Apr.
mba-help
Hi There, A lot of US b-schools aren't too happy about you pursuing a second MBA degree - some like Haas and Duke just don't permit it while others (think - almost all) would like to know why you want a second MBA. Be prepared to give them this answer in your essays.

Namita Garg
www.mbadecoder.com...
santu1121
santosh kumar @santu1121   514
graduated from NM and y again??? any reasons??

Advice that you'll find nearly everywhere is that talking with business school alumni is an invaluable way to gain meaningful insights

Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com

Hello All,

i have just started preparing for GMAT, have completed the GMAT Princeton review.

Now i am starting with the GMAT Official Guide.

I gave manhattan's free mock test, and scored 540, and i realised i need to improve a lot in my verbal section.

I am planning to give my GMAT by 30th june.

Please help me to prepare better and excel in GMAT as i am targetting a score of 730 specifically for ISB.

Also what is th cutoff for S.P. Jain?

• These B-schools don't have a cut off score but they do ha.... 28 Apr.
mba-help
These B-schools don't have a cut off score but they do have a desirable score, which is upward of 700

Namita Garg
mbadecoder.com...

HI ,

I am an engineer passed out in 2010 having 34 months work experience looking for Indian B schools any idea which all B schools in India take gmat scores with the work ex I have the work ex will become around 46 months before joining, am I eligible for IIM's throught GMAT

• 9 Comments
  • yes it poes but not sure about criteria. 28 Apr.
  • but, do IIMs take GMAT scores for admission ?. 28 Apr.

HI,

I am an Engineer from Mumbai university with a total of 5 years of work experience as of Jan 2014. I look forward to give GMAT this year and am aiming for a 2015 intake. i am open to both, universities in India and abroad.
Would like advice on the following -
1) I am yet to start my preparation for GMAT, is it too late too late to consider giving the exam in a few months and then applying for a 2015 intake ? Would I be missing out on deadlines for many colleges Indian/foreign if I start my prep now, appear and then apply.

2) An ideal path to kick start the preparation. Material i should consider ? Classes ?
Also timeline that i should keep for preparation and then taking the test.

Thanks.. Best regards..
  • 5 Comments
  • Most international b-schools start their Round 1 in Mid S.... 28 Apr.
  • I am in same boat having 34 months work experience lookin.... 28 Apr.
mba-help
Most international b-schools start their Round 1 in Mid September (ISB) to October. Indian b-schools have their deadlines around late July- August.

Plan your GMAT accordingly. I would suggest that you have atleast 3-4 weeks time to work upon your application.

Namita Garg
www.mbadecoder.com...
bhavay007
Bhavay Sood @bhavay007 4

I am in same boat having 34 months work experience looking for Indian B schools any idea which all B schools in India take gmat scores with the work ex I have the work ex will become around 46 months before joining, am I eligible for IIM's throught GMAT

Hi,

In india I have converts from imt-g and imi-d.

I have also got admission in BI norwegian business school in Norway and have got 100% scholarship, now only the living expenses will cost me around 16-18 lacs for 2 years MSc in management program. This colg is ranked 70 in FT ranking for msc mgmt course all over the world. And is accredited by EQUIS.

I have 2+ years of work exp in Accenture as a software engineer.

Please suggest if I should go norway or do mba from imt/imi.

I have to take admission this year for sure

• Hi @parasdutta12 ! Only European schools have a culture o.... 30 Apr.
  • Choice to do an MBA or an Msc should be determined by you.... 30 Apr.
IMI Batch 2014-16 
ISBmantra.com
ISB mantra @ISBmantra.com 1,430
Hi @parasdutta12 ! Only European schools have a culture of MSc in Management programs and therefore a Rank 70 does not really reflect a global ranking. MSc in Management programs have a younger class composition traditionally and anything beyond top 15 is not worth investing in. You will get a much more competitive peer group at IMT-G. Even programs like Vlerick that are in the top 20 in the MSc ranking aren't really able to provide placements to their students.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra / EssaySunday'
[GMAT Training | Application Consulting | Interview Coaching]
ivyctor2010
Choice to do an MBA or an Msc should be determined by your career goals. Think well on what kind of roles you wish to do post MBA. Also check out for the roles and functions that are offered post placements at the BI Norwegian Business School. Try connecting with alums from the School to understand the perspectives and whether the program fits into your scheme of things. Then take a call.

Hi Sir,

I have done BTECH(IT) and have 3.8 Yrs Exp in IT. Please guide me on following

1) When to take GMAT in 2014-2015?

2) How to prepare. Keeping in mind I am working for coming year as well.

3) What coaching institute are good in Delhi?

4) What collages should I aim for?

5) What study material shall I follow?

6) EMBA or MBA? What is better for me?

Mail ID: rrishugupta@yahoo.com

• career goals? what kind of a profile are you currently in.... 02 May.
  • I am in same boat having 34 months work experience lookin.... 28 Apr.
ivyctor2010
career goals? what kind of a profile are you currently in? if your target is to join the batch of 2015, you need to take GMAT this year, latest by August. Most Schools start their application from September onwards.
bhavay007
Bhavay Sood @bhavay007 4

I am in same boat having 34 months work experience looking for Indian B schools any idea which all B schools in India take gmat scores with the work ex I have the work ex will become around 46 months before joining, am I eligible for IIM's throught GMAT

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

7769 people follow this discussion.