About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 205   

I am already an MBA from one of the lesser known NITs(Durgapur).... and landed up in doing Technical Jobs...I am currently looking for a Profile change ....moving from Technical to Management....

I have 85% in Xth , 81% in XIIth, 67% in Grad, 7.84 CGPA in MBA ......and have now 6 years of experience in IT industry as a Technical Person....

What should be career map going ahead - I mean should I pursue CAT or GMAT ?

Will I be able to get a seat in any of the IIMs/Top Institute in India looking at my profile ? Will my already being an MBA Grad cause problem in my future Goals ?

What should be the minimum GMAT Score need to cross the barrier looking at my case - any approx. number would also be of help

Please help

• Surprisingly a majority of applicants at the institutes y.... 28 May.
  • Since you already have 6 years of experience, you could t.... 28 May.
GMATinsight
GMAT INSIGHT @GMATinsight 144
Surprisingly a majority of applicants at the institutes you are targetting apply with similar background as you have.

A good GMAT score is the first step towards getting into the colleges of your choice. In my opinion, you might get an interview call from ISB at minimum score of 680 but a better GMAT score might get you some advantage. IIMs usually give call at score above 700. So targeting any score above 700 would be the ideal target.

GMAT would be a better choice for you if you can afford it financially as CAT might not get you the kind of change you are looking for in your work profile.

so, All the best!!!

Regards,
"GMATinsight"
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 903
Since you already have 6 years of experience, you could target the IIMs and the ISB through GMAT. Having an MBA should not be a deterrent unless you can provide convincing answers for doing an MBA again. Goal seeking and introspection is a personal endeavour and must be dealt with thoroughly whether or not you do an MBA. Acads wise your profile looks decent. You need to have well defined career goals to justify the reason for a second MBA. A GMAT score of 720 and above would be desirable to get you into the top institutes.

Practice Question

Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com
IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

hi !!

I did my 10th with 72% in 2000, my 12th with 63% in 2003 and again did my engineering from 2005 to 2010 from private college with 65% aggregate (again one year gap due to health).

i joined a automotive firm in 2010 and till the date worked for US, Japan and Europe based MNC's.

Now at this stage after more than 3 years of Experience i eagerly want to do MBA from reputed college of India.

i am very average student for the shake of Maths as well as English. in my academics there were too much irregularities due to my health problems.

but with all this i am ready to do hard work for shaping my carrier better, so please its my humble requests to all experts exist on this forum please suggest me for which exam i should appear and how to start from zero.

And one most important doubt, presently i am working with an European MNC. i am able to spend three hours per day in working days and free on Saturday and Sunday completely, so for preparation should i quit job or available hours are sufficient for me. (considering an average student).

trillion thanks in advance !!!!!

1 person answered this question.
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me good GMAT coaching classes in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai.

I am planning to appear for the GMAT in the month of September

Thanks

4 people answered this question.

Which is the best GMAT classes in Mumbai.

Is it IMS or TIMEs or anything else.
Please guide
2 people answered this question.

The GMAT exam is your ticket to study in Mainland China & Hong Kong. Test your knowledge of these study destinations from 19 May – 18 July for a chance to win an iPad Mini or Amazon gift cards!

hi all, m targeting HEC Paris jan15 intake, work ex-3 yrs by august14 in a PSU. Wanted to know the ease of getting jobs in western europe. Saw somwhere in pg that France in particular is strict abt post mba jobs i mean they hardly allow anyone(foreign students) to work there. plz elaborate.

• why HEC Paris??? What are your career goals?. 03 Jun.

Hi,

Please find my profile below.

10th Std -- 80%

12th Std -- 73%

B.E. in Electrical Engg from Jorhat Engg College, Assam -- 67.58%

I am currently working in the IT industry, and have a work ex of 2.5 yrs. I have displayed efficiency in my work, and have successfully executed all my tasks efficiently. Have taken up extra projects and completed them efficiently. I have been very active in all extra curricular activities during my school and college days. I have won quite a few dance and quiz competitions in my school days. I was awarded the first prize 'Science fiction' and 'On the Spot Composition' categories in college. I have been an editor of a children's newspaper in Assam. I have participated in different games in school and college, and have won the Badminton Doubles in college. I have a deep passion for dance and music.I am involved with a community program to teach underpriviledged children to read and write. I can speak English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese fluently, and am learning Spanish and German.

Can you please rate my profile, and suggest how I can improve it.

I am planning to give my GMAT by the end of July, so that I can apply to the top colleges for the fall of 2015. What is the minimum score I should aim for. Any other insights would be very helpful.

• For top B Schools, you should target 720 and above. You s.... 03 Jun.
  • @sanjh13 If you are targetting the top schools, try getti.... 22 May.
ivyctor2010
For top B Schools, you should target 720 and above. You should be able to display your proficiency at work and otherwise. Your work experience is on the lower side, hence your essays would need to portray your capabilities of a leader who is as matured and as convincing as an applicant with 4-6 years of experience.
MentorMpact
Mentor Mpact @MentorMpact 54
@sanjh13 If you are targetting the top schools, try getting a 710+ in GMAT. As far as your professional experience is concerned, your focus should be on taking some initiatives at work so that you can display leadership potential and add some accomplishments to your kitty. Also, shortlist the schools and start talking to alums to be able to write some very specific points in your essays.

Ask the Expert Q&A;

HI,

I have given GMAT and got a score of 600(although i gave it two years back). I have 4.5 Years of experience in IT industry now and 84.8 % in 10th , 74% in 12th and 77.6% in BE. Is there any chance that i can apply with this score now and if yes then which good universities i can apply for abroad?

Thanks in advance,
Priya.
  • 6 Comments
  • Thanks for your reply!!Not US but any other country??. 24 May.
  • Hi @Priyavani ! None in the top 40 in US seem possible, b.... 21 May.
Priyavani
Priyanka Goyal @Priyavani 8
Thanks for your reply!!Not US but any other country??
ISBmantra.com
ISB mantra @ISBmantra.com 1,440
Hi @Priyavani ! None in the top 40 in US seem possible, but you do have a chance in some of the top schools such as IE Spain, HKUST and Manchester (UK) if your profile is presented in a manner interesting enough to the schools.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra / EssaySunday'

Below is my academic & work-ex profile:

Std-10 => 71.4% (CBSE Board)

Std-12 => 62.6% (Stream-PCM) (CBSE Board)

B.E. Degree => 66.94% in CSE (Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal, MP)

Work-Ex => 2Years in an MNC (IT Industry) + Will work for 1Year more

Is there any chance that I can get a call from ISB Hyderabad?

If any what should be the GMAT score I must target for?

• 4 Comments
  • My career goal is to work as a Finance Manager in a reput.... 21 May.
  • You have not mentioned anything about your career goals, .... 21 May.
Anubha181190
@Anubha181190
My career goal is to work as a Finance Manager in a reputed firm. I have a keen interest in all finance related matters. I like the concept of how money pulls in more money. I have basic knowledge of how investments should be made so as to maximize the profits & also I have made investments Gold-ETF stocks in the past & made some profits. I live in a flat with 3 other roommates & have taken all the financial responsibilities of our flat. I manage the expenses in a way so that they can be minimized & keep track of the regular monthly expenses which helps me to predict the next month's expenses beforehand. I actually manage the all finances in my flat.
ivyctor2010
You have not mentioned anything about your career goals, work experience, passions and non work related profile.All these would be important while applying to any good B School. GMAT of 730 would be desirable. Hope this helps. You could get in touch with us for further help

The Official GMAT Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool features 48 IR items and answer explanations, unlimited practice sessions, customizable question sets, and tools to practice pacing. Buy Now at

HI GUYS,

I'M PLANNING TO JOIN GRE COACHING CLASSES. PRINCETON REVIEW OR IMS....WHICH ONE'S THE BEST????.... PLEASE HELP ME

Hey Puys,

My profile is as follows:

Xth: 83.83%

XII th: 72.33%

UG(B.E.): 62.87%

Very good achievement in terms of Extra Curricular activities, highlighting Community Service and Leadership Roles.

Almost Two years of work Experience, as a Business Analyst, working with TCS.

I have booked my exam date: 2nd August, 2014

I have started preparing using the OG.

yet to give the GMAT prep mock tests.

So, please suggest What all materials I need to follow and how to maximise my output?

Also, please mail me the pdf/soft docs, if any - sunnyanans@gmail.com

Thanks!

https://twitter.com/Iam_SunnyAnand 

You've labored over the essays, polished your resume, taken the GMAT, rounded up transcripts and letters of recommendation, and now you may be wondering, “What is happening to my application? Learn more

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

7888 people follow this discussion.