About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 339   

Hi All, Need a bit of advice. I am a graduate with B.Tech in ECE(62%) , 12th - 73%. and 10th - 76%. I am currently working with an IT company based in Delhi as a Systems Engineer. Total work EX is of 28 months(approx). Planning to do my MBA this year. Need to know which all colleges would accept my profile if get a decent score of 660-700 range in GMAT.

Apart from acads, i am Sports Enthusiast. Started playing Table Tennis at district level in 4th Class itself. Then moved on to Badminton for next few years and played football at District level during 9th-12th Std. 

It all fizzled out in college as i  am a graduate of Amity University where they were more than 20k people so the competition was really stiff! 

Apart from sports i was a core committee member of CSR department in my previous organization, wherein we had several tie-ups with the NGO's to help underprivileged kids with books and stationery and other stuff.So was part of the regular drives and camps held in office and co-ordinated with many NGO's during my tenure.

Please suggest what all colleges should i search for which would suit my profile. looking for colleges in Europe(specifically Germany) and Asia. As far as the area of interest is , i am intrigued about the field of Marketing Industry as i see myself inclined towards the process of it and the various stages it goes from branding to promotion to sales and on. I feel that i would be good in it.

Moreover i consider myself good in communication skills as well as soft skills. So i am planning to change my stream all together from a techie to Marketing.

Thanks in Advance.

• 7 Comments
  • @Hanish, Let us know in case you need any further help an.... 15 Jan.
  • Will do @TheprincetonReview. 15 Jan.
ThePrincetonReview
Manya-The Princeton Review @ThePrincetonReview 547

@Hanish, Let us know in case you need any further help and we would be happy to guide.You can also message us your contact number in case you need to discuss your application in detail, we will arrange a call for you with one of our expert counselors.Wish you the best. www.manyagroup.com

hanish.satija
Red Devil_1802 @hanish.satija 164

Will do @TheprincetonReview 

my gre score-306, ielts-6.5, acads 10th-86.17, 12th-76.9, btech(ECE)-59.3...which colleges should i apply in US? Can i get colleges ranking below 100  n state universities?

• 5 Comments
  • vlsi..plz assist me in selecting good college..n also vic.... 09 Jan.
  • Well you can look at Texas Arlington, Texas San Antonio, .... 09 Jan.
ram1267
ram suraj @ram1267 2

vlsi..plz assist me in selecting good college..n also vich courses r gud in electronics & communication

nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 32

Well you can look at Texas Arlington, Texas San Antonio, CSU Fresno and the like. For detailed shortlisting please mail me your CV.

Here are a few tips you can use to develop a strong theme for each MBA essay:

. Answer the question. You may go into the essay writing process with a clear idea of what you want to write about. That's great - but if you don't answer the given question, the adcom won't be impressed. When choosing a theme or main idea to write about, be sure that the one you choose answers the essay question.

. Stay focused. A good essay is a focused essay in which each paragraph directly relates to or supports the theme. If your subsequent paragraphs don't relate to or support your theme, then either your theme isn't strong enough or your paragraphs aren't persuasive enough and need to be rewritten. Cut anything that isn't directly relevant to your core idea.

. Provide examples. Convince the reader of your main point by using concrete examples that prove that your theme is logical and credible. For instance, if you are writing about the importance of careful listening to leadership, you should give examples from your experience that show why listening is important or the benefits of listening to a leader. Weave your personal story of listening and leadership into your discussion of benefits. Or better yet, make it the focus that exemplifies the lessons and benefits of this particular leadership attribute.

. Don't forget your conclusion. Wrap up your ideas and tie them with a big bow in the last paragraph or sentence of your essay. This will reinforce your theme and bring your essay full-circle.

• 1 Like  
Veritas Gurgaon - 9810801887 

can someone help me:

Xth-92.17%
XIIth-88.43%

b.com honors in accounts and finance-68%

no work ex. nor any professional course pursued.

what sort of colleges and courses should i be looking for?

• Are u planning on taking GMAT or CAT or any other exam?? .... 07 Jan.
  • I would suggest that you look for MiM courses if targetin.... 08 Jan.
mohit2012
Mohit Wadhwani @mohit2012 24

Are u planning on taking GMAT or CAT or any other exam?? Please state what kind of career you want to pursue for more information 

nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 32

I would suggest that you look for MiM courses if targeting outside India.

All serious GMAT takers on this thread - what is your take on this 

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pagalguy-prep-team-for-gmat-31078746

Pagalguy Prep. Team for GMAT - PaGaLGuY
Pagalguy Prep. Team for GMAT - PaGaLGuY
Is there a team of people on PG preparing for the GMAT? Something similar to the CAT dream team? It seems that GMAT is the 2nd most popular exam on this forum(the number of comments on each thread) after the CAT and a lot of people want to prepare seriously, but there is not much motivation or internal competition among the people to crack the GMAT.

Pagalguy

Management Consultant | The Doon School | IIT-Kanpur | LSE | ISB-YLP | GMAT-740 | XAT-99.92 

http://olx.in/item/gmat-material-quant-plus-verbal-official-review-IDStzYT.html?action=show&id=80497...

I have GMAT verbal and quant review for sale. Anyone interested can get in touch with me.
email: sangodkar.mihir@gmail.com

Mob: +918197255544.

Bangalore only

Converts: XLBM,ISB,SPJ(ops),IIML,IIMK,6 New IIMs SkippedInterviews:IITb/d/jb/nm/nitie/IIMI/IIMS reject:B 

This is a question on behalf of my friend.

Profile:

Decent academics record with 4 years of work ex with MNC,planning to give GRE for pursuing MIS course.

Can anybody guide me with the names of best colleges in Newyork and California.

If someone takes the exam in April. Is he/she eligible for the fall semester?Reply asap.

• The colleges will depend on a number factors viz academic.... 08 Jan.
  • Hi Purna, April for an international student(I am assum.... 08 Jan.
nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 32

The colleges will depend on a number factors viz academics, quality of work experience, GRE scores, budget. Taking GRE in April will be late as it will reduce the options drastically

ThePrincetonReview

Hi Purna, 

April for an international student(I am assuming your friend is an international student) is too late since International students are expected to join the campus for orientation in August itself. If you apply in April your admission decision would not be out before May or June and it will most probably be late to apply for a visa. For MIS in New York you can look at: Fordham University, Pace University , SUNY Bufalo, NYU etc. In California you can look at: UC Berkeley, Santa Clara, San Deigo State, CSU-Fullerton etc.Hope this helps. www.manyagroup.com

hello. need some help!

my profile- X-86

XII- 83.2

B.Tech - CGPA- 8.08

work ex- 16 months in field of hydropower engineering in a PSU. 

preparing to write GMAT in May, 2015.. is 4 months enough for preparation of GMAT and is the profile good enough so that colleges could consider these academics?

• 1 Like   16 Comments
  • You will find a lot of material online. The official site.... 08 Jan.
Billi teri keh k lunga 2015 mein!   
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 920

You will find a lot of material online. The official site of GMAT is one of them

plz mention b schools for masters in management or Ms in management

for fall 2015

gmat 550

toefl 90

b tech 65% from MAIT, New Delhi

6 months training in SME with state bank of india

6 months training as a financial planner in an ngo

• 4 Comments
  • For MIM programs, you will need a decent score of 650+. T.... 07 Jan.
  • Hi, Which country are you interested in? US has very lim.... 08 Jan.
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 920

For MIM programs, you will need a decent score of 650+. Top Masters in Management programs are offered by European Schools like HEC, ESCP,Esade,IE, LBS etc. Most of them call it Msc ( Master of Science)in Management or Masters in Management( or International Management)

ThePrincetonReview

Hi,

Which country are you interested in? US has very limited options in MIM and a few schools which you can look at are: University of Denver Daniels, RIT etc. You can also look at UK and European schools.Hope this helps.Let me know if you would have any further queries. www.manyagroup.com

Please mention if the university is safe/moderate/Ambitious for my profile.

My Profile:
Applying for MS in CS, Fall 2015.
GRE - 325 (Q: 169, V:156, AWA: 3.5)

TOEFL - 111

X - 90%
XII - 95%
BTech(CSE, JNTU) - 75% (Top 10%ile)
2 Internships
Decent projects
Work Ex - 2+ years in an IT Major in India.
No research papers.
Won in a few programming contests and various other competitions.

• Hi Vishnutej, First off you are a bit late for most of t.... 08 Jan.
Vishnutej Mylavarapu - An epitome of Awesomeness!!
ThePrincetonReview

Hi Vishnutej,

First off you are a bit late for most of the good universities. You have a very good profile but unfortunately most of the financial deadlines which fall on 15th Dec are gone. You can still look at Northwestern, Syracuse, UT Dallas, New York University.Let me know if you would require any further help.Wish you the best. www.manyagroup.com

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

8351 people follow this discussion.